Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,128 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos (42110 Views)

My Horrible Experience At Murtala Mohammed Airport::::::(see pictures):::::::::: / Bola Ahmed Tinubu's First Nation Airline Begins Operation / Oga Tinubu Buys Bellview Airline With Picture as Asiwaju Gets His Name In Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 18, 2014
cuteboy2:

He has been Lagos Governor for almost 8 years now, and has been receiving commendations for doing wonders in Lagos, yet we still see these images even in supposedly high-brow areas of Lagos.

They are more fixated on generating revenue by whatever means. Every street light pole is an advertisement spot even in the rough and dilapidated Ahmadu Bello Way and Akin Adesola Roads in Victoria Island. These are prime roads leading into this vital highbrow business district which also hosts many embassies and diplomatic missions.

The Lekki-Epe Expressway, has been under construction for 8 years now by Tinubu's company, HITECH. They have only managed to reach Ajah (about 1/10th of the entire length), and they have constructed 2 toll plazas, yet they forgot to construct enough foot bridges for pedestrians. Billions of naira have been sunk in this lucrative road project, of which the sole beneficiary financially is Bola Tinubu. At this rate, the road will get to Epe in 2050!!!

This is a strange expressway with roundabouts. I have not seen roundabouts in express roads, without traffic lights. All those roundabouts should have been flyover bridges. They cut corners so HITECH can maximise profit for Tinubu. These roundabouts compound the horrible traffic gridlock on this stretch of road in the mornings and during close of work in the evenings.

Many innocent pedestrians are killed daily on this road trying to cross this expressway, yet LASG is busy constructing new giant steel structures for advertisement billboards on every roundabout to generate more revenue into Tinubu's bottomless pockets. This is callous and wicked.

Well I'm always give fashola some props, but you are correct here, especially regarding the issue of roundabouts vs flyovers vs traffic lights and the accidents/deaths that occur frequently on that road. I feel roundabouts are a very poor solution on stretches of roads like that and are more suited to small stretches of roads or inner street roads.

Honestly a flyover would have been my preferred option(with clear exit signs a km from approach), followed closely by traffic lights, since that road really isn't like a super highway.

With that said, I still feel that even with all the flaws stated in the design of that road, enforcement could cover for most of these deficits, but enforcement is still lacking. For instance, if you approach the roundabout, you would notice that most people(I dare say >95%) don't turn properly by maintaining their lanes, instead they just switch lanes spontaneously thereby increasing the likelihood of accidents.

I just saw a pedestrian dead some two days ago on that road, and I see too many avoidable accidents there as I ply that road daily.

Honestly they should take the LASMA and Police responsible for the enforcement of driving rules on that road to Texas for training for 1 month, so that they can get some game on what enforcing traffic rules really entails.
Re: See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 18, 2014
incredible offer!
Re: See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 18, 2014
MissMeiya: Hm. Just thinking about the open sewer system. That water isn't just mud...

This is a health hazard.

Your mind has always been intimacy.y.

I'm been lamenting about this open drain bs in Nigeria for a while, it's just every where you look.

The contents of that drain shh as you rightly noted is much, much, more than just sand and water, most Nigerians with a full bladder out and about in public can testify to that, yet they say open and even overflow.

Hopefully our generation gets it right and starts building things the right way, especially converting all open drains to drains like the ones pictured below, which would even help to prevent the issue of litter getting into the drain pathway and causing a blockage.

Re: See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos by gistmelove(m): 2:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
Size of land 3 plot. Together.

1. Area- 2027.672 sQmetres
2. Deed of assigment of the family.
3. Survey plan.
4. Land location: sanny villa estate at oke ira after general land order eti osa local govt area.

20million Naira Negotiable

Contact number 08085310359
Re: See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2014
Bogije is always like this whenever it rains heavily
Ajah roundabout too was like this until govt expanded the road and constructed the huge roundabout and the drainage system
LAG state govt is really trying if you ask me, just that they are very slow. They are slowly working down towards ibeju from Ajah so hopefully, bogije wont remain like this for too long
Re: See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ahmeduana:
OR MAKE UNA COME SEE UNA Life! Non-sense and ingredient!
super_cow

1 Like

Re: See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos by segedamus(m): 11:19am On Sep 19, 2014
omongbatim: Is this the Lekki we hear about or is another yet to come?
this kind of sight can b found in new york too even d beautiful city if paris
Re: See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos by RaphaeloBurgess: 2:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
money121:
my brother na our lagos ooooo

the slag now is that EKO ONI BAJE JU BAYI LO OOOOO !!!

The funniest tin is that ashiwaju bola ahmed tinubu jus dy build one ultra model market 5mins drive frm this area
true lagosians would not say that. I guess you are from southsouth or southeast. You guys aint seen anything yet. GEJ will loose that election. GMB will be president then people like you would be arrested and jailed for politiking. Go write it down.
Re: See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos by gistmelove(m): 3:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
RaphaeloBurgess: true lagosians would not say that. I guess you are from southsouth or southeast. You guys aint seen anything yet. GEJ will loose that election. GMB will be president then people like you would be arrested and jailed for politiking. Go write it down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Dies After Fatal Accident In Imo, Corpse Remains Unidentified. Graphic Pics / 10 State Capitals In Nigeria With Low Crime Rate / 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.