Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,208 members, 7,780,373 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:14 PM

Kali Linux : Anyone? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Kali Linux : Anyone? (3676 Views)

Need Help Installing Kali Linux / Kali Linux? / Kali Linux OS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kali Linux : Anyone? by dljbd1(m): 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
Good day,

I'm a linux novice and interested in the Kali distro for my CEH course. I'd like to meet individuals who are on this course as well for insight.
Also, I have successfully setup a dual-boot with Win 7 and on the linux I have been able to resolve my wireless adapter challenge but on running some command like the 'wifite' I'm not getting my desired result. On skimming through the web I realized I may need an external USB wireless adapter. I want to know if that's all or did I miss something during the OS installation? Also, which adapter do you recommend I get? smiley

I cannot say how grateful I am for all anticipated reply. cool

1 Like

Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by dljbd1(m): 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
dljbd1: Good day,

I'm a linux novice and interested in the Kali distro for my CEH course. I'd like to meet individuals who are on this course as well for insight.
Also, I have successfully setup a dual-boot with Win 7 and on the linux I have been able to resolve my wireless adapter challenge but on running some command like the 'wifite' I'm not getting my desired result. On skimming through the web I realized I may need an external USB wireless adapter. I want to know if that's all or did I miss something during the OS installation? Also, which adapter do you recommend I get? smiley

I cannot say how grateful I am for all anticipated reply. cool
undecided
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by dljbd1(m): 5:11am On Sep 19, 2014
smiley
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 21, 2014
Yea..am In bro.. Downloaded the 64bit recently but wasnt able to create a bootable USb with it..but about to download the 32bit;either to install as dual boot or on Vmware.
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by dljbd1(m): 11:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
Adeleke185: Yea..am In bro.. Downloaded the 64bit recently but wasnt able to create a bootable USb with it..but about to download the 32bit;either to install as dual boot or on Vmware.
cheesy awesome!

[size=16pt]angry SMH to all the 84-2=82 viewers that just walked by. SHAME 2u tongue[/size]

Now back to our discourse my brother from another mother cool
To create a bootable USB download and run "Rufus".
After creating it I discovered it doesn't still run properly after booting through the USB so to beat it just open the flash and double-click the setup there. It will do some magic and ask you to restart your PC. Leave the flash in and reboot...and it starts install through the USB smiley
Please backup your files and have you created the partition for the linux?

I have not tried the 32bit though. It could work.
I'm waiting for feedback grin

1 Like

Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 22, 2014
Thanks bro..i realy do appreciate ya comment.. I have downloaded several USB 0S boot creator...but still;the system couldnt recognize the usb as a bootable device after making it the first priority from the bios setup..also clicking the setup file doesnt seem to work for me maybe its because am using win8.. When i download the 32bit and as well as the file u recomend.. Then if same still happens,i think illd av to go with virtualbox.. Or beta still meet somewhere in Lagos so you could lend me your's(i mean ur bootable Usb). Where in Lasgidi do you stay?

Cant wait to get kali running on my system;i have downloaded loads of vid lectures and tutorials bout the ish..

Much Love bro.<3
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by dasdexter(m): 11:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
Adeleke185: Thanks bro..i realy do appreciate ya comment.. I have downloaded several USB 0S boot creator...but still;the system couldnt recognize the usb as a bootable device after making it the first priority from the bios setup..also clicking the setup file doesnt seem to work for me maybe its because am using win8.. When i download the 32bit and as well as the file u recomend.. Then if same still happens,i think illd av to go with virtualbox.. Or beta still meet somewhere in Lagos so you could lend me your's(i mean ur bootable Usb). Where in Lasgidi do you stay?

Cant wait to get kali running on my system;i have downloaded loads of vid lectures and tutorials bout the ish..

Much Love bro.<3
aven't really tried kali linux but ave installed oda linux distros on my win8 system, u nid to get a good flash, enter ur bios setup & enable legacy boot, u can use unetbootin or linux live usb creator to create a bootable flash. Hope i helped
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by Nobody: 4:22am On Sep 23, 2014
dasdexter: aven't really tried kali linux but ave installed oda linux distros on my win8 system, u nid to get a good flash, enter ur bios setup & enable legacy boot, u can use unetbootin or linux live usb creator to create a bootable flash. Hope i helped
Thanks bro..i appreciate...have done all these but still it doesnt work...dis tin don dey tire me gan xef.
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by dljbd1(m): 10:37am On Sep 23, 2014
Adeleke185: Thanks bro..i appreciate...have done all these but still it doesnt work...dis tin don dey tire me gan xef.
What does it say? I mean what message does it prompt when you try to run it. If possible please upload a picture.
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 23, 2014
LEEGOOOO!!!!! cheesy I gat kali running at last via vmware..but i din install it o.i tried graphical install but an error popped up after selecting the language and country(initramfs unpacking failed: uncompression error) .. So i thought of clicking the first option from the boot i.e LIVE(686-pae) and booom i was into kali without even installing.I tried some app on it (ettercap and sqlmap which all worked fine);i was even able to crack a website database admin username and pwrd via sqlmapcheesy ...illd Upload screenshot once Nepa bring light..*lol*... The wireless worked fine even without any external adaptor and was even able to surf some site on Kali via Iceweasel(kali default browser) .. thanks for your support and prompt response bro;I realy realy do appreciate.. cheesy .

1 Like

Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by dljbd1(m): 7:21pm On Sep 23, 2014
Adeleke185: LEEGOOOO!!!!! cheesy I gat kali running at last via vmware..but i din install it o.i tried graphical install but an error popped up after selecting the language and country(initramfs unpacking failed: uncompression error) .. So i thought of clicking the first option from the boot i.e LIVE(686-pae) and booom i was into kali without even installing.I tried some app on it (ettercap and sqlmap which all worked fine);i was even able to crack a website database admin username and pwrd via sqlmapcheesy ...illd Upload screenshot once Nepa bring light..*lol*... The wireless worked fine even without any external adaptor and was even able to surf some site on Kali via Iceweasel(kali default browser) .. thanks for your support and prompt response bro;I realy realy do appreciate.. cheesy .
Wow! That's beautiful
I await the screenshots. I'm quite surprised that your wireless is working. You seem to be proefficient too. I think I can learn a thing or two from you. Post the screenshots let's see how it goes from there

1 Like

Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 23, 2014
here are the pictures

Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by dljbd1(m): 11:52pm On Sep 23, 2014
Adeleke185: here are the pictures
This is great! cheesy
Have you tried hacking wireless ntwrk? U cn start wt ur mobile hotspot grin
Also, wht materials r u using? Or av u been into this?
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by Nobody: 12:05am On Sep 24, 2014
dljbd1:
This is great! cheesy
no bro..not yet..still downloading some youtube videos and visiting kali discussion forum..
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by Layiwoo(m): 10:28am On Nov 29, 2014
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by Layiwoo(m): 10:29am On Nov 29, 2014
dljbd1:
smiley
Good day bro,saw your post on the Akintola Williams thread,if u have materials kindly forward to olayiwola26@gmail.com.I will appreciate
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by dljbd1(m): 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2016
dljbd1:
cheesy awesome!

[size=16pt]angry SMH to all the 84-2=82 viewers that just walked by. SHAME 2u tongue[/size]

Now back to our discourse my brother from another mother cool
To create a bootable USB download and run "Rufus".
After creating it I discovered it doesn't still run properly after booting through the USB so to beat it just open the flash and double-click the setup there. It will do some magic and ask you to restart your PC. Leave the flash in and reboot...and it starts install through the USB smiley
Please backup your files and have you created the partition for the linux?

I have not tried the 32bit though. It could work.
I'm waiting for feedback grin

When did I write this....jezzzz...can't remember jack

cry

I miss playing around with my laptop.
I still have my Kali sha wink
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by Mary19: 1:14am On Sep 11, 2016
Please I need your help I'm trying to use kalilinux but it only works on LAN how can I make it work on WAN that is how do I portfoward I use airtel modem
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by philoo(m): 6:51am On Sep 11, 2016
Rufus or YUMI will not let you run kali OS from flash send ur email and i will send you the usb bootable software for kali
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by philoo(m): 6:52am On Sep 11, 2016
kennethezenwo@googlemail.com
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by femarse: 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
philoo:
Rufus or YUMI will not let you run kali OS from flash send ur email and i will send you the usb bootable software for kali

fem9992003@gmail. com
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by dljbd1(m): 10:04am On Oct 11, 2016
philoo:
dl_jbd@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by ultmatmus(m): 11:18am On Oct 16, 2016
philoo:
jobxey@gmail.com thanks bro
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
dljbd1:
undecided

Yes, you'd need an external wireless device (Alfa card is ur best bet) when installed as a virtual machine otherwise run Kali Linux as a standalone and ensure that your wireless card support packets injection for wireless pentesting.
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
dljbd1:

This is great! cheesy

Most mobile hotspot is WPA2 protected which you'd need a word list for a dictionary attack otherwise you'd need to perform a brute-force attack which takes longer time depending on the password strength. I suggest you crack ur first wireless network by deliberately using the WEP protection on ur hotspot or router to get the satisfaction.
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by micboy24: 5:11pm On Apr 03, 2018
philoo:

Bro please I need the name of the software you used
Re: Kali Linux : Anyone? by Gargoylesmiles(m): 6:37am On Apr 11, 2018
micboy24:

Bro please I need the name of the software you used

I use Rosa Image writer on Linux though. It has no limitiation on creating bootable USB in my exoerience using it.

If you are interested search for Nigeria Linux User Group on telegram, a forum where all things Linux is discussed.

(1) (Reply)

8TH GEN COREI5 ACER LAPTOP WITH 2GB NVIDIA -SOLD / My Highspeed Http Tunnel V5 / Where To Download Daddy Showkey Congratulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.