Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,546 members, 7,801,528 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

Speaking To The Dead - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Speaking To The Dead (627 Views)

AMIDST THE DEAD / "The DEAD MAN WHO Could Love AGAIN" / English Speaking Versus Writing, Which Is More Difficult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Speaking To The Dead by marenx: 12:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
All Rights Reserved. No part of this story may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means without permission in writing from the publisher. For information, send email to this poster.
Re: Speaking To The Dead by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 17, 2014
Why are you talking to the deaf...Oh! The dead.
Stop talking to the dead.
Ehn! Now, that you've stop.
What did you and the dead discuss.

1 Like

Re: Speaking To The Dead by marenx: 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
HERE IS THE STORY

We lived in the rocks surrounded by cactus. After the death of my uncle, my father went alone to speak close to his grave:

To Makanan,
Your spirit is unworthy
Your witchcraft is dead
You can't see us here
Go to the land of death
And become a vampire there.

After a month, I began to follow behind my father to see what he often did. My father spewed some substance like libation on my uncle's grave.
After a few days, I visited the site, and saw my uncle's grave dug (when his body wasn't yet osseous), his skull thrown beside it and no deleterious smell.
My father often grumbled that our people seldom reasoned to give their children good names.
"The instances are pellucid", he said.
My late uncle's name, Makanan, means a person who is inflicting diseases to people by means of witchcraft. My name, Murum which my soho (grand pa) gave me and my father prohibited it, means hyena. My father's name, Mafuyai, means cemetery.
I couldn't know why he often complained about that till when I realised he was who harvested the skull of his late elder brother to calculate the number of worms inside it to come with the theory of how many people he kananed (killed by witchcraft) before his death. He inherited this sense from his father who was the king of traditionalists of our clan.
Makanan's death came about when he tried to kanan someone who was powerful than him. His victim retrieved it to the sender, and made him looked like a pellagra victim for a month before he died.
During a valediction after his corpse was laid down in his grave, some people swore a dark cloud formed over the tree in his compound.

THE END.
Re: Speaking To The Dead by Iolite(f): 7:58pm On Sep 17, 2014
HEH

(1) (Reply)

Eternal Tomorrow - A Play / Evil Legacy (genre- Spy Fiction) / This Time Will Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.