Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:29 AM

Fuel Consumption - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fuel Consumption (657 Views)

Photos: How To Calculate Fuel Consumption / Does The Use Of Air Conditioners In Cars Affect Fuel Consumption? / The Fuel Consumption Thread - How Thirsty Is Your Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Consumption by rooney07: 2:22pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hello,

I have a kia optima model :2000. This car consumes alot of fuel even without ac, although it is a v6 the consumption rate is abnormal. Mechanics have been telling all sort of things to change which I have. Any suggestions please.
Re: Fuel Consumption by autofixng: 2:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
What are your parameters that makes you to conclude that the car is consuming fuel?

If your assertion is right, kindly answer the below questions:
1. Has the fan been run direct?
2. Is the thermostat remove?
3. Is the CEL light ON?

If Q1 and Q2 is Yes then that is the beginning of your fuel consumption.

For Q3 you need to run a scan to further probe into the actual cause of your claim.
Re: Fuel Consumption by 9icetoo(m): 8:41am On Sep 19, 2014
You do not just conclude a car is consuming fuel without figures to prove it. A typical Nigerian will tell you how many tanks of fuel he uses in a week but not many miles or kilometers covered with a specific amount of fuel in litres. I have overheard a colleague complaining that her Hyundai accent goes thru a tank of fuel every week while her neighbor's honda accord goes for a week and fuel between refuel. She didn't factor in the fact that her Hyundai can only take 35-40 litres while the accord can gulp up to 80 litres. She didnt take into consideration her endless idling in traffic with her AC on. When i asked her how many kilometers she drives per week, she threw her hands up in the air and asked me why she should know such a thing. lol.
Please fill up your car with a specific amount of fuel, take note of ur mileage. Drive till you get to where the fuel mark was before u filled up. Subtract your previous mileage from ur current mileage. Divide your answer with the amount of fuel you bought earlier and post the figures here. Don't forget to tell us ur car make, model, engine size and year of production. From there, we will be better able to help you. Is your check engine light up by any chance?
Quit giving the mechanics daily bread until we establish some facts. Cheers

(1) (Reply)

How Much Is A Toyota Camry 1999 Compressor Sold? / How To Insert Adsense Codes In Wordpress Blog / Real Time Traffic Report Solution App Debuts In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.