Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,740 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji (4793 Views)

Kanye West Says Kim Kadasian Is More Influential Than Michelle Obama / Kanye West Says Kim Kardashian Is More Influential Than Michelle Obama / Kanye West Claims Kim Kardashian Is More Influential Than The First Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
This is a counter thread, yes.

Seun Osewa is a low key guy and we all know that. Not everyone likes showing off like Linda Ikeji. Seun Osewa is like Larry Page and Sergey Brin of google while Linda Ikeji is like Mark Zuckerberf of facebook. Google makes more money/more influential than Facebook but everyone knows Mark while few know Sergey and Larry

Seun Osewa has created an online community and a home for millions of Nigerians. We members of Nairaland see ourselves as family but thats not so for the Lindarians. A lot of intellectuals are on NL. People have gotten jobs, lives have been changed, marriages have been restored, broken hearts have been mended, dullards and nincompoops have become wise and brainiacs. Example are the fellows who couldnt write a simple HTML tag but can now build an application as powerful as facebook, insagram et al. We have donated money to save lives of very sick people countless times on here. People are ready to help you on any issue you have.

Seun is a programmer, Linda is not. Programmers are very intelligent individuals. They think deep, calculative and hard to come by. Seun built Nairaland himself which is not easy. Linda is hosted free on blogger. Seun has people on his payroll, Linda doesnt.

Many Nigerians abroad are addicted to Nairaland. There are so many people from the UK and the US who wouldnt get any update concerning Nigeria elsewhere than Nairaland.

All Linda Ikeji does is post about Davido, Wizkid and Nicki Minaj's rounded asss. How does that affect my life positively. Okay, she posts about Boko Haram too and the dirty Nigerian politics, how does that put food on my table?

And as for the money, Seun perhaps makes as much as Linda (am not sure)

Each banner advert you see on the Front Page costs 500k per mont (check here: https://www.nairaland.com/adrates) , multiply that by 6. Six adverts are displayed at once on the homepage, thats equal = 3m per month. Nairaland has more than 6 adverts on the homepage sometimes. Each section has six ads displayed at once, and there are about 60 sections, lets say each banner advert on other sections costs on average 20k per month (should be more than that) multiply by six, equals 120k, then multiply by 60, equals 7.2m. 7.2m + 3m = 10.2m on average. This is around what Seun Makes monthly, thats about 125m per year. This guy can buy an Aston Martin if he wants. Okay, he doesnt have advert in all those spots all the time, but lets say he makes half of that and sometimes full.

How many of us make 2 percent of what Seun makes?

And for those of you who say Nairaland looks like thrash. It is a forum; how else do you expect a forum to look like. Forums are just about texts. The biggest online forum in the world is reddit.com. Nairaland looks much better than reddit. And the topics that make frontpage are very good. We shouldnt be serious all the time, so why post only serious issues on FP. Life without fun and laughter is thrash.

And this is my humble logomarchy and this logomarchy as I have made without logoquashia

162 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by Youngzedd(m): 3:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
Increment Counter by 1.
Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by Exmay(m): 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2014
These Points are very valid. Linda sees herself more as a celebrity, while seun is more of a Business man. Business men don't go about blowing Trumpet after purchasing a new toy or achieving a new feat. However, this can't be said of a Celebrity....

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by sirjohnson(m): 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
You make so much sense
Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by Richhommie(m): 3:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
didadavid:

Seun is a programmer, Linda is not. Programmers are very intelligent individuals. They think deep, calculative and hard to come by.

True

4 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by merieam16(f): 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
True talk tho..buh y linda ikeji or as she cros'd ur path? Make una leave d girl alone biko
Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by eleojo23: 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ok.
Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by freshness2020: 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun the man of the people!
If e D̶̲̅ε̲̣y pain go kiss moving train for oshodi!

10 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by 40dogzz(m): 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2014
This is the problem with us, instead of thinking of what 2 crate & make pay, people ar here wasting valid time. That is how youths these days argue about football while the likes of ronaldo, messi, bale, roney & others smile 2 the bank each week.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
40dogzz: This is the problem with us, instead of thinking of what 2 crate & make pay, people ar here wasting valid time. That is how youths these days argue about football while the likes of ronaldo, messi, bale, roney & others smile 2 the bank each week.
Why then did you read the post? Instead of you to learn from these two millionaires, you are here spewing gibberish

38 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by timawoku(m): 4:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
The main difference to me is; whenever I come across LIB am like, 'why the hell didn't I think of that on time, ama as well be a millionaire now', but when am on NL am like, 'gee, this dude is a genius',its hard to keep it going for so long, I went off NL for like 3 yrs and came back, still pretty gud stuff, seun,keep it up!!!

17 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by dokunbam(m): 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2014
ooooo se jare

Its like i want to hate that LIB. angry
whats there problem angry
Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by SilentBang(m): 4:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
NAIRALAND! Touching lives... Its not all about the money and who says seun doesnt make as much money as linda, if not even more... Or perhaps he should go get himself a 2014 range rover sport too but insist on paying 100m instead of linda's 40m jst to show off, funny! The thing is They are both good at what they do, but one is busy showing off (c.ronaldo) and the other isn't (messi). I see no reason for the debate if u ask me. But i will choose nairaland over the other anyday anytime... The fun here is just on point!.

14 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by louiskay(m): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
Oga park well jare .............. Am a big fan of LIB nd NL .................... LIB is much more OK dan NL ................... My view though ..................... But on their annual income u can't get the actual fact nd figure so abeg KIP mute
Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by eph12(m): 4:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
I don't know what would have become of me if I hadn't discovered NL two years ago. That one doesn't flaunt his lifestyle in the public doesn't mean he's not comfortable.

7 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by ERF: 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
You've said the whole truth...

Life depends not on your possessions but on your impartations.. this would take you farther than your possesions can go.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by disloman(m): 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nairaland 4 life.can't trade it 4 any site in d world.

7 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by Deefuray(f): 4:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
I love nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by Dreyl(m): 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nairaland has no rival,simply the best africa forum.

8 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by binie: 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2014
Nairaland.... educating and entertaining since 143BC

6 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by okooloyun1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 17, 2014
The day i logged on to LIB her blog took like forever to load and it almost finish d mb on my phone and d only thing i learnt dat day was gossip on celebrities. Seriously, her blog is not adding values to the lives of average Nigerians like Nairaland does.

12 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by kentochi(m): 5:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
well NL as I call it have change my life alot can't do with it.
start my business! through the help of nairalander who base in Us
although I have lost money through NL just 20k
but have gain more than that.

linda Ikeji showing off since 1960

7 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by kbshow100(m): 5:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
How that one take concern me
Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by ednut1(m): 5:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
i am just too addicted to nairaland, work for nine hours a day will be on nairaland for like 5hours cry how do i stop pls help angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by OCTAVO: 5:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
Op is very intelligent! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by kliq(m): 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
Seun is a wise man.

6 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by AyodejiCharles(m): 5:31pm On Sep 17, 2014
wow powerful

1 Like

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by Philipmems(m): 5:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
LoL, Seun we (vast majority of Nigerians) really appreciate all the effort you make in keeping this site relatively simply and MB friendly look at your life today and you will realize that you are not suffering neither do you lack the necessity for survival, God has been promoting you from glory to greater glory, no forget say na who first buy motor na im buy old model, Nairaland commands more traffic than LIB anyday anytime quote me anywhere, everybody is here from the president of the country to the common man on the street don't be fooled this is where its happening. Nairaland is the community centre where we are all equals not some animal farm with animal being more equal than others.
seun if you wish to follow the advice of detractors and deceivers no problem but dont forget your root, the common man finds solace here on our very own NAIRALAND... wink wink wink wink wink cry wink wink wink wink wink

19 Likes

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by abduldope(m): 5:39pm On Sep 17, 2014
Comparing NL & LIB is lyk tecno nd galaxy brand, bcs Buying RR2014 doz nt mean LInda is worth more dan seun. If u view ma post as trashy try google howmuch american investors priced narailand nd see 4 ur slf @op nyc review nd seun ure still my mentor

1 Like

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by landinfo: 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
Will not lie that I don't visit LiB but that should be twice in a year or 2 unlike NL where I visit almost uncountable times in a day alone....

When those hackers stroke last 2-3 months, nigerians never has peace or rest cos NL had become a family/bro/sister in their lives but should anything happen to blogs like BN/LiB, nobody will give a f.uck about them....

Besides a forum is different from a blog and another issue to consider is that Linda has bo_o_bie and can tread on dangerous groundz that Seun & angelz will fear to tread upon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Seun Osewa Of Nairaland Is More Influential Than Linda Ikeji by gbadexy(m): 5:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
One thing am pretty sure is that the people that visit nairaland are cerebral and much more financially well off.
I'm sure the op of the other thread doesn't know several multi million naira housing contracts and car deals done here.
I don't bother myself with celebrity and entertainment blogs. The majority of those that visit ikeji blog are young impressionable female students and ladies that are fascinated about the fake lifestyle of these entertainers.
Most of those that visit the blog are the type that watches kardashian show. You hardly get any serious politician or business person going there to read about wizkid.
Lives are impacted positively here. I don't go a day without coming here to get update on events happening in the country and as a result, people see me as being informed and seek confirmation on events from me.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Would Think Actress Ngozi Ezeonu Is An Indian From These Exclusive Photos / Hushpuppi Rocks Native attire,"my Gucci Wears Are Finished"(photo) / Doctors Who Died While Fighting Corona Virus (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.