Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 AM

The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats (50082 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:06am On Nov 18, 2014
Some people may see the pictures, but will not see that I am using extra reinforcements for my columns. ........ these are the six rods I use instead of four.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:13am On Nov 18, 2014
Some people wont even notice that I don't use just any other low quality reinforcement bars for my work. Nobody is noted that I used Landcraft rods as against any cheap rods out there in the market.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:18am On Nov 18, 2014
Will they look at the decking thickness? Beam of 225mm + slab of 150mm, open, transparent building processes.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:21am On Nov 18, 2014
We don't just build houses for the sake of it, we improve on the processes.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2014
Rains, very heavy downpour for 3 hours at least.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 18, 2014
Hazidic:
people should not take advantage of a faceless forum to use harsh words. it's not good. But i still think the cost of this foundation and decking is too high for 7m. Anyway, may be i am on the wrong forum because average nigerians can't afford this builder o! i swear

i showed my friend dt builds for me this thread and he laughed .

Anyway, like spyder said, he doesnt just sell building but rest of mind. Atleast no one has complained of absconding with money which we see with other builders.

1 Like

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by afoxy17: 9:46am On Nov 19, 2014
ekoibile:

https://www.nairaland.com/1990992/construction-six-flats-2-bedroom-three In this link are two buildings, one is a 6 flats of 2 Bedrooms and the other is a 2 flats of 2 bedrooms.

All the deckings of the two buildings combined were executed solidly with a convincing budget of 2.8Million. But Spyder executed a decking and foundation with 7Million. I’m in this forum to say my mind. I don’t care whose ox is gored.Even as some people feel the same way but won’t say it out. Having seen some of the jobs Spyder880 did in this forum, some already dilapidated, I’m highly convinced Spyder is the most dangerous Builder on Nairaland. People should WATCH THEIR WALLETS, Nairaland does not deserve this.

I will not want to join issues with the cost of your building,which decking was pegged at N2.8m,as we know a lot of factors have to be considered. But to Spyder being "the most dangerous Builder on NL"i beg to disagree with,as he is one of the most cost effective builders we have in Nigeria. I have being following his work since last year,and his simplicity of style and delivering quality at low cost encouraged my to start developing my land in PH-Chockocho,which as we speak we just roofed last month,preparing for interiors as soon as God bless me with small "Osusu".
Suffice to say that not only did I take hint from Syder work on NL,i also did seek his input into most stages of the work via BB,and his willingness to advice me on how to cut cost,get effective results despite the fact that he wasn't the builder I consulted baffled me. At no time did he criticise the builder when making his input on certain corrections,and with his advice,i was able to stand a block of 6 flats in PH at a considerate cost.
My take is,if you have a method of achieving decking at N2.8m,why not show us,so that we also learn,but openly drawing stone at syder's person,that I wouldn't (and I know majority of his followers) take,thanks

6 Likes

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:08pm On Nov 19, 2014
We have a few more blocks to lay so we can complete the blocks before the lintels. But I am not convinced about the dryness of the whole works. The rains have been falling heavily since the day we started laying the blocks on the decking. While we complete the block work, I am no going to allow any carpentry works on this site today. I have sent my carpenter home. I need the sun to firm the works a bit. Carpentry continues tomorrow.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by X2X(m): 4:28pm On Nov 19, 2014
spyder880:
Rains, very heavy downpour for 3 hours at least.

spyder880:
The rains have been falling heavily since the day we started laying the blocks on the decking.

Oya, gather your men and let them sing after me: Rain, rain, go away, come again another day, port-harcourt builders want to play build.

Question: Looking at your picture of the wall of the stair area on first floor, directly above the main stairway door on ground floor, it seems you are going to have the widow there after five coaches. I assume you are building according to the design and I am not criticising you, but might it not be better for stair area illumination to begin the window after say four coaches? I notice that four coaches will be consistent with the rooms as well. Just thinking, may be there is something I am missing.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1877055_20141119074758_jpeg44db6f45ce9c2a1859fec25f0871aebc

2 Likes

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by nelsonB: 7:17pm On Nov 19, 2014
Nice work Sir, please what is the size of this land?
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 5:46am On Nov 20, 2014
nelsonB:
Nice work Sir, please what is the size of this land?

Around 600 sqm.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 1:45pm On Nov 22, 2014
We are still busy working on the lintels of this upper floor. We plan to start casting as from Monday next week.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by afoxy17: 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2014
Oga Sypder what is the price of 12mm rod in ph now.Also what's the difference between landcraft rods and mail steel rods. Which will you recommend as being better. Thanks
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
afoxy17:
Oga Sypder what is the price of 12mm rod in ph now.Thanks

N1250 for the type am using.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by afoxy17: 5:48pm On Nov 22, 2014
spyder880:

N1250 for the type am using.

Thanks oga sypder,what is the difference between landcraft and mild steel rods. Which is more preferable and better.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 6:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
afoxy17:

Thanks oga sypder,what is the difference between landcraft and mild steel rods. Which is more preferable and better.

Landcraft is a brand name. A type of mild steel rod.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by afoxy17: 12:35pm On Nov 23, 2014
spyder880:

Landcraft is a brand name. A type of mild steel rod.

Thanks sir,please can I have your pin,change fone and dnt have ur contacts again. Thanks
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by femtech01: 8:55pm On Nov 23, 2014
I am a business person and I love to build good structures for rent. For over a year, I have been learning a lot from Nairaland Property section, but this is my first comment. I don't like the way they sometimes attack people on forums like this, that's one of the reasons I prefer to observe and study quietly. I'm forced to comment on this because of the way spyder is being attacked and castigated. People are free to express their thoughts, but to me spyder is magnanimous to put us through his project details and even reveal his cost. I have been following a lot of his threads and to me he is a great guy. My regards to hajj Muftau, I see him as an Elder statesman on this section. Thumbs up to segcy moore, Brabus, kkonsults, chekitaut, trumpcoat and others. I have learnt a lot from you guys.

3 Likes

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 9:22pm On Nov 23, 2014
femtech01:
I am a business person and I love to build good structures for rent. For over a year, I have been learning a lot from Nairaland Property section, but this is my first comment. I don't like the way they sometimes attack people on forums like this, that's one of the reasons I prefer to observe and study quietly. I'm forced to comment on this because of the way spyder is being attacked and castigated. People are free to express their thoughts, but to me spyder is magnanimous to put us through his project details and even reveal his cost. I have been following a lot of his threads and to me he is a great guy. My regards to hajj Muftau, I see him as an Elder statesman on this section. Thumbs up to segcy moore, Brabus, kkonsults, chekitaut, trumpcoat and others. I have learnt a lot from you guys.

Welcome with your first comment FemTech. Your comments will surely be welcomed here.. The "Attackers" comes and goes, so everything comes to pass and the good guys remains.

Hajji M.

3 Likes

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
femtech01:

Welcome femtech01, I have started getting used to the attacks, I am not going to get annoyed about it again. grin It's part of life. Some people who don't know you or the values you stand for might misunderstand your intentions but I dont worry as long as I am doing the right things.

I will remain committed to doing things right, staying open and improving on every process in the building industry till we get to the highest standards. Thank you for your comments.

4 Likes

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
mufutau55:

Welcome with your first comment FemTech. Your comments will surely be welcomed here.. The "Attackers" comes and goes, so everything comes to pass and the good guys remains.

Hajji M.

If not for the maturity and fair moderation you are giving us here, this place would have turned rowdy. I wish I can find a better way to thank you. Eku ise Sir grin

3 Likes

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 10:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
spyder880:

If not for the maturity and fair moderation you are giving us here, this place would have turned rowdy. I wish I can find a better way to thank you. Eku ise Sir grin

Thank you Boss.

Hajji M.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by brabus(m): 8:59am On Nov 24, 2014
femtech01:

Thank you Bro for your words of encouragement. I'll never forget the advice of good people like diordavies. He said "Change Tack" and when I did the result is different. I've observed that these attacks and castigations is peculiar to Nairaland client so my advice to colleagues in the business is to choose their clients wisely and always keep records of every transactions, every time there's a breach, every addition and subtractions. You might be surprised when you'll actually need them.

Last year a client went as far as petitioning the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State over a 5 month plus project we handled for him and to the glory of God, we weren't found guilty of anything and walk home a free man. The question the Officer-in-Charge asked that I wont forget is "Did you gave him money to build a house in XYZ and the house was built in ABC? Abeg, make we digress. God don punish devil! grin grin grin

I'll forever be grateful for all the kind support we receive from you guys all the time. You always inspire us to do more.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 1:12pm On Nov 24, 2014
brabus:

Thank you Bro for your words of encouragement. I'll never forget the advice of good people like diordavies. He said "Change Tack" and when I did the result is different. I've observed that these attacks and castigations is peculiar to Nairaland client so my advice to colleagues in the business is to choose their clients wisely and always keep records of every transactions, every time there's a breach, every addition and subtractions. You might be surprised when you'll actually need them.

Last year a client went as far as petitioning the Commissioner of Police, Lagos State over a 5 month plus project we handled for him and to the glory of God, we weren't found guilty of anything and walk home a free man. The question the Officer-in-Charge asked that I wont forget is "Did you gave him money to build a house in XYZ and the house was built in ABC? Abeg, make we digress. God don punish devil! grin grin grin

I'll forever be grateful for all the kind support we receive from you guys all the time. You always inspire us to do more.

My man! How is work, no chop all the money wey full Lagos alone o cheesy I feel you on the Christmas vibes, wishing you an early merry Christmas in advance grin
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 1:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
We started casting this lintel some hours ago, and the target is to complete it if there are no issues like rain etc.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 1:18pm On Nov 24, 2014
Right now we are doing pretty well and moving at a good pace........

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 1:20pm On Nov 24, 2014
Good mix, these sides are done......

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 1:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
From outside the house. ....

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by brabus(m): 1:30pm On Nov 24, 2014
spyder880:

My man! How is work, no chop all the money wey full Lagos alone o cheesy I feel you on the Christmas vibes, wishing you an early merry Christmas in advance grin

For where? Na segcymoor and aventures dey chop all the Lagos money o.

I pray we won't be building single dwellings alone, may the new year usher in bigger contracts in Jesus name.

Make I no spoil thread for u bro.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 24, 2014
femtech01:

Your point is well taken. I built in Port-Harcourt and costs there are very high. As Spyder stated previously, the cost of granite and/or gravel are almost double what it is at Asaba for example. Sand and labor are more expensive. During the time I built, cement occasionally are a little bit cheaper but not enough to offset the other costs. I think Spyder's costs here are very reasonable speaking from experience.

I remember at that time Spyder had not come to PH and I thought his costs were unrealistically low. I pointed this out to him. Some accused me of exaggerating my costs. A person that I would rather not mention (Not Spyder) began to taunt me and insinuated that I was throwing my weight around because I was egoistic about my building a hostel. This person later imploded here on Nairaland because he was the one that would bite more than he could chew. I was not soliciting for business but he was and when he was tested by others, he failed woefully.

Spyder has a lot going for him but his biggest asset is his credibility. He is the star of Nairaland property section and I think Seun Osewa should find a way to compensate him.

Spyder is in PH now and he was seen what I told him previously. All I can say now is Spyder welcome to the real world! I hope you and I will do business soon.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by twinskenny(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2014
professional and neat job... weldone boss
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by segcymoor(m): 8:25pm On Nov 24, 2014
brabus:

For where? Na segcymoor and aventures dey chop all the Lagos money o.
I pray we won't be building single dwellings alone, may the new year usher in bigger contracts in Jesus name.
Make I no spoil thread for u bro.
cry...Haba! God is watching u oo .. lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

The Top Four Cheapest Places To Live In Abuja / Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.