Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,640 members, 7,801,866 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats - Properties (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats (50037 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:25am On Dec 24, 2014
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder, how many columns (pillars) in total are from the ground floor of this building? Thanks.

Hajji M.

About 26, it was 22 from the original building plans but I added an additional 4 columns around the staircase area because of the additional load expected because of the water tank base on the roof. The columns were added during the foundation of this house.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by koman: 5:12am On Dec 24, 2014
spyder880:

A tank base is planned for the top, so a section above the stairs will be decked. Also we might still do a parapet fascia on this house.

I have two problems with installing water tank on the roof.

1) the water pressure on the last floor is usually weak unless you plan to install a pressure machine which also requires regular power supply to keep it running.
2) leakage and maintenance issues in year's to come.

Aside the extra cost, I'm for independent water tank stand.

1 Like

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 7:25am On Dec 24, 2014
koman:

I have two problems with installing water tank on the roof.

1) the water pressure on the last floor is usually weak unless you plan to install a pressure machine which also requires regular power supply to keep it running.
2) leakage and maintenance issues in year's to come.

Aside the extra cost, I'm for independent water tank stand.

I understand those concerns about the negatives of installing a tank stand on the roof, but if the space to mount an independent stand is an issue, we will have no options than to mount the stand on the roof. The options are still open as we plan ahead.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
spyder880:

About 26, it was 22 from the original building plans but I added an additional 4 columns around the staircase area because of the additional load expected because of the water tank base on the roof. The columns were added during the foundation of this house.

Thank you very much sir.

Hajji M.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 5:21am On Dec 25, 2014
Merry Christmas to you all! grin

2014, a review of all our works... https://www.nairaland.com/2060748/tigerkenn-homes-review-all-works
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 5:26am On Dec 25, 2014
Hello friends, 
It is my pleasure to find time to communicate with you all, and to review our activities in the last 12 months. We have been interacting here all year long in peace and harmony, and that's why I feel its good to provide you all with a round up of all our various projects and ventures which we worked on in the outgoing year, 2014. 

It was a very eventful year, and incidentally my first full year working as a building contractor. We crafted houses and structures in various parts of the country. On my part will say it was very fulfilling, because for the first time I felt I am doing what I am well suited for, building houses. I also hope you enjoyed the journey and details as we moved from state to state, site to site, task to task.

We built houses in 3 states of the federation I 2014, we built 6 houses in Enugu state, 3 houses in Rivers State and 1 house in Imo State. Altogether, we built a total of 10 houses in 2014, all the houses, with the exception of two houses in Enugu state are all online here and owned by members of this Nairaland. The remaining 2 houses belongs to private individuals in Enugu who saw what I was doing on the ground and contacted me to build their houses. All the houses are in their finish stages, expect for the luxury flats we are working to get to the roof in Port Harcourt. 

My passion has always been to build houses, and I enjoy what I do. But of course life will never move on a straight and level plane. We experienced a fair share of challenges as we worked in some of the projects in 2014. Some of the problems were as a result of natural occurrences, some from bad workmanship, by some of our workers while the rest was as a result of weak supervision on the part of men I placed in positions of authority in the periods I might be out of the site. 

There were a few desperate situations, some small errors and some not too small work failures. In all, we reacted in good time to either arrest the situation or totally reverse the errors. It is our belief that we came out stronger from every challenge, and we learnt a lesson or two in the process. We also took steps to forestall a future occurrence. I have had to tinker with my team many times, dropping workers whom I found out were not entirely honest, or just refused to learn. I have also added to my team, more men I think they understand my needs, and share my values and aspirations. The improvements to our work are obvious, I have also taken steps to reduce the number of projects I accept in any time, I will like to complete some projects before starting another one. 

I can also recall some wonderful results, some high quality jobs which we all agreed came out top class. There are some houses which I can smile about whenever I am passing the area, buildings which I can point at with pride and satisfaction. For those projects, I also learnt a lot from them, and will put the lessons to use in the coming year.

2014 also marked a change in my approach to the housing sector, I added another branch to my housing business, estate management. I initiated a move to develop 100 plots of land in a remote community in Enugu East LGA. The properties are on sale to interested members of the public, I am acquiring the lands with my registered company name, Tigerkenn Homes Nig LTD. We have sold over 20 plots of land and are still collecting deposits from interested investors, in and out of nairaland. 

We have offers for home building next year, we are finalising some deals on the projects we are going to start by next year 2015. We have a new duplex project planned for Port Harcourt, a super renovation work planned in Anambra , our new estate works in Enugu will also take off in the first quarter of 2015. We are already poised to give the estate a good lift, with a view to developing the place so the area can appreciate. It will be a very busy year, but we are up to the task as usual. We want to deliver more quality and less quantity. 

I am using this opportunity to thank you all, especially my clients, for your steadfastness, your trust and belief in us. I have never met many of you in person, only phone calls and emails, and yet we relate like brothers and sisters. Please forgive us if there are things we did not do very well in 2014, we are only human, and we will continue to improve in all respects. We promise you lower costs and higher quality projects. We appreciate you, may GOD himself bless you all.

For all my workers, you are the best, we may fight and quarrel, for all the misunderstanding and all the harsh words, for the shouting matches and corrective actions, please forgive and forget, its not a personal thing, we must do these to improve our work so we can impress our clients. 

For all our suppliers, we thank you for your timely and not too timely deliveries, but please serve us better next year and don't connive with cement sellers to rip us off.

For all my friends and readers, na una be the real Oga, the people I am really serving. I promise more action next year, lets do it again in 2015!

There is a possibility that my phone might not be connecting in the next few days till the end of this year. I llan to travel to my village in Nomeh Unateze in Nkanu East LGA in Enugu state with my family for this Christmas festivities, my village usually has very poor MTN network coverage. We are supposed to travel later this morning and I might be in the village till the new year, with one or two visits to some sites in between.

This is an opportunity to spend some time with my wife and children, visit the farm, go fishing in the village stream, prepare village foods and attend village meetings. 

In case anyone wants to contact me, please send me a text message on my normal line 08033350750 or send a mail to ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk, I will be checking from time to time.

Merry Christmas to you all, we thank you all. 

PERFECTION IS OUR GOAL, EXCELLENCE WILL BE TOLERATED.

1 Like

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by Ugo123456: 1:37am On Dec 27, 2014
Tile spacers are necessary anytime that you are doing a tile installation. If you want to produce a professional look with your tile job, you need to know how to use tile spacers effectively, apparently it's easy to use and cost so little in price but produces a beautifully aligned, near perfect finish. I hope tilers in Nigeria will embrace the use of spacers sooner rather than later.

koman:
I've watched all the videos and I dont see much difference between how its done here and what is obtainable out there.

To have a perfect/neat installation, you need an even/levelled and smooth floor.
Their floor looks levelled and smooth so all they need is to apply a light mortar that acts as an adhesive between the floor and tiles.

Here in Nigeria, we don't usually have an even and smooth floor so we have to level it with a mixture of sand & cement before we can have a perfect/neat installation.

It might seem that we waste more materials but I reality, we don't.

The only area our tilling technology can be accused of being crude is that we dont usually use the spacers and levellers.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by romano1: 10:12am On Dec 27, 2014
embarassed
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by romano1: 10:30am On Dec 27, 2014
undecided
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by koman: 9:16pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ugo123456:
Tile spacers are necessary anytime that you are doing a tile installation. If you want to produce a professional look with your tile job, you need to know how to use tile spacers effectively, apparently it's easy to use and cost so little in price but produces a beautifully aligned, near perfect finish. I hope tilers in Nigeria will embrace the use of spacers sooner rather than later.

Agreed,
Our tillers need to upgrade but the importers need to bring in the spacers first.
Even without spacers, some tillers are delivering a near perfect finish installation.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 12:28pm On Jan 02, 2015
Happy new year to you all. We are back to this site, to complete our works.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 12:52pm On Jan 02, 2015
Pictures very slow to upload today. ....will try again later.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2015

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:16pm On Jan 02, 2015

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:21pm On Jan 02, 2015
Three lines of blocks. .....

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 4:23pm On Jan 02, 2015
Columns, beams. ....

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 8:26pm On Jan 02, 2015
Back. ....

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 7:03am On Jan 03, 2015
I am adding 2 blocks on top of the lintels on the perimeter lines and 3 blocks on all the inside lines to provide space for the parapet fascia on this house.

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 7:06am On Jan 03, 2015
All the arc now cast with concrete. ...

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 7:07am On Jan 03, 2015
Coming out nicely. .....

Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by ARROBA(m): 1:07pm On Jan 03, 2015
spyder880:

How many thousand 6inch block will be enough to build
A 2story building (6 by 3 bedroom flats) similar to the picture you posted above?

How much does it cost to buy 6inch per block in owerri?
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by romano1: 1:42pm On Jan 03, 2015
smiley
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 2:27pm On Jan 03, 2015
ARROBA:

How many thousand 6inch block will be enough to build
A 2story building (6 by 3 bedroom flats) similar to the picture you posted above?

How much does it cost to buy 6inch per block in owerri?

10 thousand blocks, average.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2015
spyder880:

He is talking of 6inches . isnt it supposed to be 9inches?
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 7:06pm On Jan 03, 2015
mercylicious:

It is supposed to be 9", except of course advised otherwise by a trained professional and approvals obtained from relevant authorities beforehand. Thank you for pointing it out.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by ARROBA(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2015
spyder880:

Thanks @Spyder880.

It should be 9 inch block as you mentioned in the other post.

Do the flats share the same facade\verandah on the back of the building as per the design of the flats you are building?

How much will your architect charge to design similar flats(6 by 3 bedroom flats)?
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2015
ARROBA:

Thanks @Spyder880.

It should be 9 inch block as you mentioned in the other post.

Do the flats share the same facade\verandah on the back of the building as per the design of the flats you are building?

How much will your architect charge to design similar flats(6 by 3 bedroom flats)?

Just N70,000 for a complete building plan. Completed within two weeks.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by mufutau55(m): 3:44am On Jan 04, 2015
spyder880:

Just N70,000 for a complete building plan. Completed within two weeks.

That is a good price.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by romano1: 7:01am On Jan 04, 2015
Gentlemen I give up. Thank you all the same.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by 9inches(m): 8:18am On Jan 04, 2015
mercylicious:

undecided
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by spyder880(m): 8:31am On Jan 04, 2015
romano1:
Gentlemen I give up. Thank you all the same.

My brother, I didn't know what to advice since I have not built any houses in Abuja before. The costs and building conditions there might be different from the east of Nigeria. Sorry I couldn't help.
Re: The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats by petikal(m): 2:57am On Jan 07, 2015
Great work you have going on here, Spyder! What do you figure would be the cost estimate/range for this building? I'm hoping to have something similar in Abia State.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

The Top Four Cheapest Places To Live In Abuja / Tears As Lagos Government Demolishes 13 Houses In Ajao Estate (Video) / A Nairalander's Building Project -from Foundation To Plastering

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.