Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:55 AM

The Magical Iphone6 Features That Android Phones Have Had For Years - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Magical Iphone6 Features That Android Phones Have Had For Years (3235 Views)

Five Blackberry Priv Features That Android Users Will Fall In Love With. / How Many Android Phones Have You Used So Far? / How Many Phones Have You Used So Far ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Magical Iphone6 Features That Android Phones Have Had For Years by Mogidi: 11:57am On Sep 18, 2014
JustCurious: is this a consolation thread...? cheesy A p p l e l e a d s.

*Aside the graphical user interface design, the feeling of holding one could be so magical. tongue

We buy phones for its usefulness not feelings, if you want to feel something magical trying holding a girls a.z.z.

2 Likes

Re: The Magical Iphone6 Features That Android Phones Have Had For Years by texazzpete(m): 12:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
mickyarams:

I don't know what planet you are living, but every tech review I have seen online since the smartphone battle has always put an Android phone as number one.

You mean like the Anandtech benchmarks?

or the way Anandtech concluded their review by saying...

The A7 SoC is seriously impressive. Apple calls it a desktop-class SoC, but I'd rather refer to it as something capable of competing with the best Intel has to offer in this market. In many cases the A7's dual cores were competitive with Intel's recently announced Bay Trail SoC. Web browsing is ultimately where I noticed the A7's performance the most. As long as I was on a good internet connection, web pages just appeared after resolving DNS. The A7's GPU performance is also insanely good - more than enough for anything you could possibly throw at the iPhone 5s today, and fast enough to help keep this device feeling quick for a while.

This is what good reviewers like Anand Shimpi note. While Samsung is wowing sheep with useless gimmicks like "hey look, you can scroll this page with your eyes!", Apple is innovating on a silicon level point of view. Their custom processors are seriously impressive, beating Samsung's Exynos line that they saddle us with in Africa. GPU performance is also leading the park here.

Considering the fact that 3D games are some of the most demanding apps that users throw on their phones, and the fact that the iPhones have very power SGX GPUs, iphone users will see more expressions of raw power than the average Android Flagship.

Add iOS 8's 'Metal' Graphics API and you'll see iOS users getting better graphics in game than anyone using a Samsung device, For example. Gameloft just updated Asphalt 8 for Metal API use, and they tout visual improvements and framerate improvements. If you want the best looking version of Asphalt 8, you'll need to get an iPhone.

The only Android phone this year that has a chance of matching the iPhone 6 in raw power is the Galaxy Note 4.
Re: The Magical Iphone6 Features That Android Phones Have Had For Years by oluwaKStar(m): 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
Eyyo guys...galaxy s5 has better specs than the iPhone 6(we all know that)...but what if i told u it was not all about specs...iphone 6 is a custom device..that means everything made from its processor to it's screen is made for the iphone 6, therefore it is able to maximise it to full performance unlike the galaxy s5...so i say iphone 6 is a faster, prettier but still overpriced

Galaxy s5-23,501 
Iphone 6-21,204

However, these benchmarks should be taken with a grain of salt. Readers should wait for benchmark tests on the official device when it comes out on 19 September.
Re: The Magical Iphone6 Features That Android Phones Have Had For Years by JustCurious: 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mogidi:

We buy phones for its usefulness not feelings, if you want to feel something magical trying holding a girls a.z.z.

smh.

People buy phones for other reasons aside its usefulness.. And what instigates magical feelings could be SO relative, absolutely. So please take note.
Re: The Magical Iphone6 Features That Android Phones Have Had For Years by nnenneigbo(f): 12:18am On Sep 19, 2014
Kaybaba5: the 4million people that have bought the iphone 6 didnt complain, dont know why some people will be swallowing panadol on another person headache
dont need to condemn what you cant afford to buy, instead pray to have one presently. cos i know that if they dash some people saying negative tins iphone 6, they will raise shoulder.

mtchew

don;t mind them, most have only seen an iphone from afar. Maybe these bashers can first increase their earning power, secondly buy an iphone. then come tell us what you think. Stop sprouting the same rubbish about an iphone, it's boring.
Re: The Magical Iphone6 Features That Android Phones Have Had For Years by Impulse80(m): 5:59am On Sep 19, 2014
Haha

Re: The Magical Iphone6 Features That Android Phones Have Had For Years by slinkman(m): 8:28am On Sep 19, 2014
mickyarams:

I don't know what planet you are living, but every tech review I have seen online since the smartphone battle has always put an Android phone as number one.
lol, its obvious he knows nothing about the tech world

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hidden Facts About Infinix Zero X506 / MTN 4.5GB Night Plan Now Working All Day / 10 Cheap Quality Android Smartphones You Can Buy In Nigeria With N20k Minimum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.