Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,578 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai (36534 Views)

Independence Anniversary Expenditure For The Past 5 Years. - Nasir El-rufai / Ex-ministers Of Defence, Army Chiefs Jittery As COAS Sets Up New Probe Panel / Nasir El Rufai Tweet That Got Twitter Buzzing On Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 18, 2014
IYANGBALI: chisos!so he orisa man na notorious army robber before?kai christaindom and christains have suffered
As a Christian, CAN is and has been a joke of an organisation. Christiandom have really been humiliated

4 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by ikaboy: 7:32am On Sep 18, 2014
Has he ever reflected on the impropriety of mixing his religious role with politics? Having strayed into politics, and an irresponsible variant at that, can he expect the veneration enjoyed by his predecessors such as Cardinals Olubunmi Okogie and John Onaiyekan? Why is he the first CAN leader to provoke pitiful mirth and amusement when he is not being derided as a tragedy, a sort of Ichabod, desperate to separate glory from a revered body? Amidst his jitters, Oritsejafor must look beyond the bling to ask himself if it was any of the individuals he abused yesterday that asked him to make his aircraft available for monkey business, or get himself involved in the politics of division.

Ideally, Oritsejafor should step aside and apologize to the numerous christian bodies. He has so much brought politics and commercialization to CAN.

4 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by Nobody: 7:32am On Sep 18, 2014
Game-up for d clueless crew!
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by cococandy(f): 7:37am On Sep 18, 2014
Yea I guess. He's bleeped up as far as those things you mentioned are concerned. I actually know that there's no way he'll be totally free from blame as regards what went down with his jet.

A car owner will be arrested too if his car is found to be used by armed robber for any operation even if he wasn't the one driving it (unless it was stolen from him) at the very very least,he is to blame for neglicence(if that's what it truly is)

But it will be a stretch to call him the financer of terrorism in Nigeria. Unless that can be proven beyond reasonable doubt. That his jet was caught with such cash won't be enough to indict him. It'll only open doors for more investigations after which he may or may not be indicted based on the findings of the investigation..
jaybee3:

He owns a private jet not commercial Jet. Asside from the obvious implications (Taxation, circumventing normal airport protocols et al) surrounding the wrongful use of jets registered as private to be then used for commercial interest, Ignorance is simply not an excuse.

The Ayo dude is bleeped no matter what angle you might want to view this from

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by Imoy(m): 7:39am On Sep 18, 2014
The aircraft in question is owned by Eagle Air
Company and the CAN President is an interested
party in the company. Since August 2 2014, this
Aircraft has been leased to Green Coast Produce
Limited. They lease this aircraft and people rent it
from them. Anybody in this country will attest to
the fact that Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor has been
following Chartered Airlines. All investigations about
the plane should be directed to the management of
Green Coast Produce Limited, a duly registered
company. Further enquiries about this should be
confirmed from Eagle Air Company which leased
this Aircraft.

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by ntyce(m): 7:39am On Sep 18, 2014
APContherun:
I'm a Catholic but loves Ayo Oritsejafor's approach to national issues. People must remember that apart from being a body of Christians CAN is also a socio political organisation the way National Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs NSCIA is and tbe president of CAN must be seen to be playing that role.
While not defending his involvement in the arms deal (that's if he truly is involved) Christians must support him as the voice of the Christians in Nigeria, The days of Onaiyekan and the Sunday Mbang are gone, CAN must be active, vibrant and if possible be aggressive for that is the only thing one friends from the other side understand.

How can CAN be a socio-political organisation?
You mean it represents political, social and ethnic interests?
An organisation that is meant to comprise of all xtains in the country irrespective of their political and social class.
My bro, CAN should be a religious body, Oritsejafor took CAN to the murky political waters and other CAN members must bring CAN out.

He let his closeness to GEJ overshadow his statutory function.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 18, 2014
lincolnj88:
U.sound.lame........ Muslims helping d chibok girls...muslims kidnaped dem,, muslims molested dem,, they escaped, muslim helped dem ,,,d same circle of false peace.......... without CAN christian in d north would have be alienated..... Dis is how jni preaches islam peace in Jos ,d next day dey went to cause havoc in dogo nawa..... If.not for d catholics in nass gwong ,agwan rukuba would have been a cementary......but dis catholics guys went out bring d muslims neighbour hood to d ground ...trust me till today nass gwong , agwan rukuba can now sleeep in peace...... We can't wait for jesus to fight for us ..we must shield ourselves oh...das y I luv numan in adamawa till today a fulani man cant near dat area trust me ge will be slaughter ....even nyako dnt campaign dere....
So what is CAN doing to help the victims of boko haram? even atiku offered some of those girls that escaped scholarship in his school, pls tell us what can is doing to help

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by rusher14: 7:56am On Sep 18, 2014
lincolnj88:
Trust me since fg said money belongs to dem...den u have no case against dem..
u know nothing abt covert operations .....advance countries like israel nd iran understands dis.....
Right now no former head of state, advance military personel,, retired generals has condemned this because they knew d meaning of d world covert operations...people critizing ryt now ate just d twitter boyz...kenyamo, rufai, ...
From logical reasoning sa authorities are no longer pushing d issues since.fg claimed ownership , even others foreign government kept mute abt it,.even presstv puys it dis way...2nigerian nd an israeli detained during covert military operation....so stop hiting d polity as if u gat a point to make...u av known....
Saudi arabia funds dier military from d black market and d mostly with israeli....
Weapons in d black market are much cheaper and mostly done in cash.....
there is no black market in d world without an isreali or american or rusia dis is d facts

You are right, government money in government hired private jet.

Of course, the evil people are not the ones with the trail of blood. It is the the onlookers and commentators.

In any case, it is in the public domain for instance, the licit sales of arms to Saudi Arabia by the USA [url] (http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/19/us-usa-mideast-arms-idUSBRE93I13Y20130419) $29 Billion in 2010. [/url]

There's no doubt that there's a black market for the purchase of arms but this is usually patronized by shadowy groups with very little ties to a sovereign government.

Please tell us something new in defense of what is obvious to all a bad deal gone burst.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by rusher14: 7:56am On Sep 18, 2014
lincolnj88:
Trust me since fg said money belongs to dem...den u have no case against dem..
u know nothing abt covert operations .....advance countries like israel nd iran understands dis.....
Right now no former head of state, advance military personel,, retired generals has condemned this because they knew d meaning of d world covert operations...people critizing ryt now ate just d twitter boyz...kenyamo, rufai, ...
From logical reasoning sa authorities are no longer pushing d issues since.fg claimed ownership , even others foreign government kept mute abt it,.even presstv puys it dis way...2nigerian nd an israeli detained during covert military operation....so stop hiting d polity as if u gat a point to make...u av known....
Saudi arabia funds dier military from d black market and d mostly with israeli....
Weapons in d black market are much cheaper and mostly done in cash.....
there is no black market in d world without an isreali or american or rusia dis is d facts

You are right, government money in government hired private jet.

Of course, the evil people are not the ones with the trail of blood. It is the the onlookers and commentators.

In any case, it is in the public domain for instance, the licit sales of arms to Saudi Arabia by the USA [url](http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/19/us-usa-mideast-arms-idUSBRE93I13Y20130419) $29 Billion in 2010.[/url]

There's no doubt that there's a black market for the purchase of arms but this is usually patronized by shadowy groups with very little ties to a sovereign government.

Please tell us something new in defense of what is obvious to all a bad deal gone burst.
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by nagoma(m): 7:59am On Sep 18, 2014
atlwireles:

John Onaiyekan, the favorite CAN spokes person of the islamist. There lies the problem. grin grin grin

Imagine if this arms smuggling aircraft belongs to the Sultan.
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by sunnyprof: 8:02am On Sep 18, 2014
I think Pastor Ayo should personally apologise to Nigerians, even if it is to dissociate himself from whoever hired out what plane he hired to them.

The CAN Secretary of whatever had no business coming to defend Pastor Ayo, but rather just dissociate CAN from the Plane saga and that it was Pastor Ayo's personal business.

That I how things are done in the House of God.
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by Mintayo(m): 8:09am On Sep 18, 2014
kokoA: You can never compare the respect these bishops command worldwide with what you pastor gets in Nigeria.. Can El'rufai, GEJ or anybody in Nigeria address bishop Onaiyekan, Cardinal Okogie, bishop Akinola, bishop mba, etc like the way they address this current CAN president? No! This is because these men respect themselves and stay out of politics as much as possible, they only offer their words of advice when necessary and everybody (irrespective of religion) respect them. Unlike the current president who shamelessly announce to the whole world that he supports GEJ/PDP.. I'm a christian but I will speak my mind when I see wrong.
if there is gonna be a muslim take-over of Nigeria,its the catholic bishops are the ones that will sell Nigeria out. The way they kiss the"asses" of these muslims is very warrisome,and these muslims are not friendly,they are green snakes under the green grass!
In as much as i don't trust Oritsejafor,but i believe without CAN and probably him,christains would have seen the worst of muslims killings,but CAN has been working tiredlessly to prevent that to the minimum.
Concerning this allegation,i will not say anything until the truth comes out,as far as i am concern this maybe another muslim propaganda.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by Mintayo(m): 8:12am On Sep 18, 2014
cr8v: When Muslims are becoming more ferocious by the day does it not make sense if Christians start thinking of ways to defend themselves. It's a pity that it's still the foolish Christians that will come here to criticize it And support the Boko APC coalition. The children of this world are indeed wiser. When Muslim acquired there's no one knows till date but bet me it's a fellow Christian that will first blow an alarm. Until ISIS resurrects in Nigeria and starts chasing Christians away will we know what we did to ourselves
thank God there is someone here that thinks well. When muslims are smuggling all kind,no one will raise an eyebrow. They are scared that these weapons maybe a way by which christains wana defend themselves...
Lets continue to watch.

2 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by CrinkumCrankum: 8:18am On Sep 18, 2014
Mintayo:
if there is gonna be a muslim take-over of Nigeria,its the catholic bishops are the ones that will sell Nigeria out. The way they kiss the"asses" of these muslims is very warrisome,and these muslims are not friendly,they are green snakes under the green grass!
In as much as i don't trust Oritsejafor,but i believe without CAN and probably him,christains would have seen the worst of muslims killings,but CAN has been working tiredlessly to prevent that to the minimum.
Concerning this allegation,i will not say anything until the truth comes out,as far as i am concern this maybe another muslim propaganda.

VERY Correct
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by davelon(m): 8:32am On Sep 18, 2014
Yet some fools will say GEJ till 2019....smh4dnation..
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by sunnyprof: 8:34am On Sep 18, 2014
And for Pastor Ayo, I will personally admonish him with this scripture passage:

For A bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not self-willed, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre .... TIT 1:7

A bishop is supposed to be without blame. Though he is not an angel but by the time there is any reason to apportion blame to his person, he does not qualify to be a bishop anymore, especially for those areas mentioned in that passage.

This is always the reason for the Suspension Discipline placed on Pastors whenever an erring issue come up, even though they may not be the direct culprit in the real saga, but as long as there is link or negligence on the Pastor’s side. He will be suspended and asked to go and ‘pray’ until the matter is further trashed out or corrective atmosphere is complete.

I will suggest Pastor Ayo be relieved of the CAN presidency for now, while he sought himself out. Moreover it is unethical he is involved in a business that could have link to any illegal or improper deals whatsoever. What money (filthy lucre?) was he looking for? He should feel ashamed !! He just ha to go and 'Pray' !!!

This is the honourable thing to do, we have seen it all over the world before.

3 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by abrahamolusoji: 8:51am On Sep 18, 2014
pendy79: nice, thought provoking, clear and unambiguous statement by the sound mallam unlike the stupid, childish, vile and despicable story by the director of national issues of CAN who assumes he is the Personal Assistant of bling bling pastor.

The most honorable thing for the pastorprenuer is to step down as the president of CAN because Jonathan may use all the agencies of government and diplomatic channels to cover up for him, Nigerians know better and it is crystal clear this arm purchase is purely not for any security services cos we just took delivery of fighter jets and high caliber weapons from russia which followed due process and no public outcry was recorded
pardon! Which jets? Is it A- jets? Or outdated miggs still in our possessn? The truth is d western powers might be sabotaging our efforts to get standard & special equipments dats why d FG might hav resorted to dat option. And it's an option which even d greatest nations of d world have indulged in since d cold war. What S/Africa did was just to blow a whistle on its own foul, knowing fully well dat Nigeria is challenging with ease her economic might despite d ongoing crises.d truth is dat S/A is aware from d onset and will see d deal thru despite leaving a chain of questnable reputatn regarding the deal on d neck of Nigeria. Nigeria doesn't just have enemies within but even around d world. U can see d ill treatment of Nigerians in some African countries whose citizens we make comfortable here. The questn u shoul ask is why can't S/Africa inform Nigerian authorities b4 painting Nigeria red again as if it is not aware of d deal? Why would S/A of all African countries exhibit such double standards?
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by ibro2much(m): 8:55am On Sep 18, 2014
omenka: -El Rufai (2014) cool

Tell them o...say
Elrufai speaking truth since 1909...

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by abrahamolusoji: 8:56am On Sep 18, 2014
cococandy: While I'm not a fan of Ayo and his showy type of CAN leadership,if he says he rented the jet out and it can be confirmed that it was actually rented out,wouldn't it make sense to hold the actual people in possession of the jet at the time it was impounded so that they speak up on who they are working for.
Rather than assume that because he owns it,he must know what the renters did with it while they were renting it?
the best and most objective response i've ever read on dis thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by ogene007: 8:59am On Sep 18, 2014
El-rufai and his co-travellers are obviously playing out a well planned script. They provide media support to bokoharam by trying to cause as much confusion as possible to the country's effort to fight the insurgency while pretending to be statesmen who care about the peace and security of the country. El-rufai should please tell us who are his paymasters because it is clear that US and the western powers are frustrating all the legitimate means of the Nigerian govt in arming its military in its fight against BH while BH continues to acquire same weapons from the black market. Who provides these supplies to the black market? Who provides the funding and other logistics for BH to continue to re-arm itself in their campaign of terror and mindless killings.What does El-rufai and co stand to gain by this mindless campaign which obviously is benefiting BH rather than Nigeria.Just as the US are providing weapons to Iraqi Kurds in their fight against IS terror group, they should immediately provide all necessary military assistance to the Nigerian government if they are not to be accused as the ones indirectly providing arms to BH so as to achieve their long known prediction on the breakdown of Nigeria. Should the US continue to block these legitimate channels of weapons acquisition by the Nigerian Government, we the truly patriotic Nigerians implore the FG to explore all necessary channels, whether official or unofficial in providing the necessary re-enforcements for our gallant soldiers battling the insurgency. They should also put the likes of El-rufai under security watch as it is becoming more clear that he is one of the agents of destabilization working with foreign interests to breakup Nigeria. My final advice to El-rufai is to note that the word of God will surely come to pass; ''there is no peace for the wicked'', and ''whatever a man soweth, so he shall reap''. You can continue with your acts of destabilization but the day of reckoning for you and your co-travellers is not far away.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by nagoma(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2014
lincolnj88:
Sorry to say I am an anioma guy....
Igbos make up d larger percentage of catholics in nigeria....and d victims of bomb blasts nd church attacks in d country mainly are d catholics....so u can't solve insurgency by just praying nd eating communion every sunday.....
Insurgency is a political/religious problem , so u must involve in politics to get better protection of christian citizen in d country.......

The catholics went out on a crusade because spain ,macedonia ,jerusalem was conquered by islam nd dier churches burnt down... Is dis in d bible , is dis nt political now...
I really pity for northern xtian critising ayo ..u dnt have a clue abt islam

Igbos and their quest for relevance. BH do not know of the existence of igbos.
All the different Shekaus have never mentioned them.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by sunnyprof: 9:02am On Sep 18, 2014
What does the Church need a jet for? It still tinker my thinking many times, how much less as personal tool for a Pastor.

Having a jet is not a sin sha o.

But can we have a plane truth of our so called full time Ministers of the Gospel, as we are made to believe, that they are not also businessmen? There we have a problem of focus.

I want to think the total cost of a Bishops travel throughout a year is not enough to maintain an aircraft for one month, therefore why waste more money keeping such cargo? The singular idea of now using it for business in order to get fund to maintain it becomes a distraction from that same work of God we feel we want to take to another level. It end up to be mere rigmarolling venture.

I also think there is no time you need a plane to move to anywhere in the world that it cannot be sorted out by the supporters of the Gospel. Therefore having a gift as gigantic as a jet becomes an issue to think about. Just like Pastor Adeboye was accused of having a jet but it became plane he does not but the Beecroft owners always gifted it for use whenever he wants to travel. That is a lot better.

Our so called twentieth Century Gospel Ministers seems to be slow learners. If you compare flamboyant Evangelist W. Kenyon (a gospel businessman) and the humble Evangelist Billy Graham, both still alive and old; you will marvel that despite Kenyon's jet landing evangelistic outreaches, he never had impact on the Christian world as it can be compared with the heritage of honour associated with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.

In those days, ministers of the gospel reject flamboyant gifts and if they have t receive such at all, the dispose it off and use the proceeds to do the several other needs of he Church. Many Pastors (even Catholic Bishops) sold gifted cars and bought buses for much needed use of the Church. Themselves ride in the bus with their families for Church programmes. Rich members may come in their limousine, it does not mater.

BUT these days, its a different story.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by Mistermamus(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2014
epospiky: Is this for real? *smh* This seems incredible. What does the CAN president have to do with nigerian politics. This could explain why he's mostly seen together with GEJ. A political christian leader! God save us.
am sure he lauders money for gej n oda prominet politicians.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by nagoma(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2014
Does CAN membership have the morality and the guts to remove this evil man from being their President ? We are watching.

1 Like

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by Ayaba03(f): 9:06am On Sep 18, 2014
omenka: This is a question all those delusional scavengers on this forum ought to answer!! This man is simply intelligent.

I hope the mods won't be shy to move this to the fp since they denied the other two threads revealing the scandal frontpage-ship but were so quick to move CAN's reply to the fp.

Cc: obinoscopy.
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by texazzpete(m): 9:15am On Sep 18, 2014
cococandy: While I'm not a fan of Ayo and his showy type of CAN leadership,if he says he rented the jet out and it can be confirmed that it was actually rented out,wouldn't it make sense to hold the actual people in possession of the jet at the time it was impounded so that they speak up on who they are working for.
Rather than assume that because he owns it,he must know what the renters did with it while they were renting it?

This is a very naive point of view.

Oritsejafor is a Religious minister. There MUST be clauses to whatever purpose his Jet can be used for. Just like a devout Muslim will always advice his stockbroker not to invest his funds in alcohol or pork farms, so must a Christian Minister insist that rentals for activities that aren't above board be discouraged.

Unless you're telling me that the Church jet can be rented out to PlayBoy magazine to have mid-air orgies cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by bookiee(f): 9:24am On Sep 18, 2014
[sub][/sub][/sup][sup]17th September,

2014PRESS RELEASE:CASH-LOADED JET AND WEAPONS DEAL: IT IS A CONSPIRACY AGAINST MUSLIMS

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor was alleged to have admitted ownership of a private jet seized last weekend by South African authorities. The aircraft was stashed with $9.3 million in cash meant for arms purchase. In the same vein, the Federal Government (FG) issued a statement yesterday admitting ownership of the cash. Oritsejafor has sought to extenuate the deal by claiming that the jet was hired out by Eagle Air in which the pastor himself has “residual interest”. The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) is alarmed by this scandalous development. We have every reason to reject FG’s explanation and it is hereby rejected. Government is being economical with the truth. We suspect a grand conspiracy against Nigerian Muslims in this latest revelation. Nigerian Muslims are enveloped with apprehension. All the ingredients of a plot are here for those who care to look beyond their noses. In a country in which two religions are most prominent and are hot rivals of each other, here is the national leader of a religious group who also happens to be the president’s kinsman, an undisguised Muslim hater, a man with a belligerent disposition towards his Muslim neighbours, a man who has been threatening hell and brimstone over the Boko Haram saga. Tie this to the Israeli connection, a country well known for its anti-Muslim and mass murder propensities. It raises more questions than answers. For instance, was the intended arms purchase really meant for the Nigerian Armed Forces? What is the guaranty that it was not meant for Niger Delta militants, or Christian crusaders masquerading as Boko Haram? Afterall, under-the-table assistance for Boko Haram has been noticed in the past. Where did the arms and food drops for Boko Haram by helicopters come from? Only the Israelis are capable of doing that. MURIC is shocked by the huge amount involved: $9.3 million! Conservatively, $1m is N163m. $9.3m is therefore N1,514,502,583.61 at the current exchange rate of N163 to $1. It is very disturbing for this to be happening in a country bedeviled by serious security challenges bordering on religious rivalry and ethnic jingoism. There is definitely something sinister about all these. We assert that Nigerian Muslims are not safe any longer. We are not safe in the hands of Israeli military advisers breathing down the neck of the Nigerian government and encouraging it to arm the Christians to the teeth. The fate of Nigerian Muslims is therefore not certain. We have lost confidence in FG and its security agencies, particularly with the involvement of Israel. Islamic scholars are disappearing at will all over the country. Recruitment exercises into the security outfits favour Christians even in Muslim dominated areas. President Jonathan has just concluded a national conference whose composition was lopsided and in favour of Christians. FG relies heavily on Israel, a well-known anti-Muslim country for its security matters. Palpable fear of religious cleansing has therefore gripped Muslims. Whole Muslim communities are already being wiped out in the North East under the guise of ‘Boko Haram’. Just two months ago, 34 Muslims who were followers of Shaykh Ibrahim Alzakzaky were massacred by soldiers in Zaria and nothing has been heard of it. MURIC calls on the National Assembly to save Nigeria from total disintegration. This jet and cash story is a scandal of monumental proportion and it must not be swept under the carpet. The National Assembly must intervene in order to calm nerves. This is not the hand of Esau and the voice of Jacob. It is the hand of President Jonathan and the voice of Oritsejafor. There is an unholy union here. An aircraft owned by a war-mongering and current national president of CAN, the cash is being claimed by a Christian-led, Muslim-repressing government, there is more to this than meets the eye. We are no longer safe. MURIC demands the termination of all security deals with the Israelis in Aso Rock, the seat of government. It is too dangerous to involve a country like Israel, an anti-Muslim country in the security matters of a country like Nigeria, deeply polarized by religious sentiments. Only a government with an anti-Muslim agenda will do such a thing. It is time for the Israelis to be kept at bay regarding key security issues in Nigeria. We advise President Jonathan to change his tactics, to integrate Muslims into his government, to stop the political marginalization of Muslims, to review the Christian-loaded recruitment into the security agencies, to probe the disappearance of Islamic scholars and the killing of Muslims in Zaria and to balance the sharing of the dividends of democracy between Christians and Muslims. We warn that the lopsided recruitment into the security agencies, particularly the Nigerian Army in the past three years, smacks of a more sinister plot to systematically wipe out Nigerian Muslims through extra-judicial killings. We draw the attention of the international community to acts of pro-Christian favouritism and anti-Muslim practices of President Jonathan. The Nigerian leader is deliberately dividing his citizens along religious lines. MURIC affirms that it seeks peaceful coexistence between Christians and Muslims. We are prepared to live with our neighbours. We urge those fanning the embers of war and amassing weapons to remember the plight of Liberia, Congo, Sierra Leone, Bosnia Herzegovina, etc. The ravages of war, the sufferings of millions of innocent young and old are better imagined than experienced. Finally, we appeal to Muslims throughout Nigeria to allow the National Assembly to wade into the matter. Meanwhile, we charge them to remain calm and law-abiding.

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

Now see what Mr Ayo cause?
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by cococandy(f): 9:44am On Sep 18, 2014
I don't agree it is naïve.
While you're on point and I agree with you.
It's also kind of naïve to think that people will always keep their word.
What makes you think it wasn't rented for a purported noble reason but got used for something else as most people are wont to do?

My own is that if it hasn't been proven that he's in collusion with the smugglers,then it is premature to draw such conclusion just yet.

P.S I don't like Ayo. I'm only speaking from a place of unbias.
texazzpete:

This is a very naive point of view.

Oritsejafor is a Religious minister. There MUST be clauses to whatever purpose his Jet can be used for. Just like a devout Muslim will always advice his stockbroker not to invest his funds in alcohol or pork farms, so must a Christian Minister insist that rentals for activities that aren't above board be discouraged.

Unless you're telling me that the Church jet can be rented out to PlayBoy magazine to have mid-air orgies cheesy
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by ogene007: 9:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Ishaq Akintola is simply confused and needs urgent help.
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 18, 2014
omoalaro: 17th September,

2014PRESS RELEASE:CASH-LOADED JET AND WEAPONS DEAL: IT IS A CONSPIRACY AGAINST MUSLIMS  

Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor was alleged to have admitted ownership of a private jet seized last weekend by South African authorities. The aircraft was stashed with $9.3 million in cash meant for arms purchase. In the same vein, the Federal Government (FG) issued a statement yesterday admitting ownership of the cash. Oritsejafor has sought to extenuate the deal by claiming that the jet was hired out by Eagle Air in which the pastor himself has “residual interest”. The Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) is alarmed by this scandalous development. We have every reason to reject FG’s explanation and it is hereby rejected. Government is being economical with the truth. We suspect a grand conspiracy against Nigerian Muslims in this latest revelation. Nigerian Muslims are enveloped with apprehension. All the ingredients of a plot are here for those who care to look beyond their noses. In a country in which two religions are most prominent and are hot rivals of each other, here is the national leader of a religious group who also happens to be the president’s kinsman, an undisguised Muslim hater, a man with a belligerent disposition towards his Muslim neighbours, a man who has been threatening hell and brimstone over the Boko Haram saga. Tie this to the Israeli connection, a country well known for its anti-Muslim and mass murder propensities. It raises more questions than answers. For instance, was the intended arms purchase really meant for the Nigerian Armed Forces? What is the guaranty that it was not meant for Niger Delta militants, or Christian crusaders masquerading as Boko Haram? Afterall, under-the-table assistance for Boko Haram has been noticed in the past. Where did the arms and food drops for Boko Haram by helicopters come from? Only the Israelis are capable of doing that. MURIC is shocked by the huge amount involved: $9.3 million! Conservatively, $1m is N163m. $9.3m is therefore N1,514,502,583.61 at the current exchange rate of N163 to $1. It is very disturbing for this to be happening in a country bedeviled by serious security challenges bordering on religious rivalry and ethnic jingoism. There is definitely something sinister about all these. We assert that Nigerian Muslims are not safe any longer. We are not safe in the hands of Israeli military advisers breathing down the neck of the Nigerian government and encouraging it to arm the Christians to the teeth. The fate of Nigerian Muslims is therefore not certain. We have lost confidence in FG and its security agencies, particularly with the involvement of Israel. Islamic scholars are disappearing at will all over the country. Recruitment exercises into the security outfits favour Christians even in Muslim dominated areas. President Jonathan has just concluded a national conference whose composition was lopsided and in favour of Christians. FG relies heavily on Israel, a well-known anti-Muslim country for its security matters. Palpable fear of religious cleansing has therefore gripped Muslims. Whole Muslim communities are already being wiped out in the North East under the guise of ‘Boko Haram’. Just two months ago, 34 Muslims who were followers of Shaykh Ibrahim Alzakzaky were massacred by soldiers in Zaria and nothing has been heard of it. MURIC calls on the National Assembly to save Nigeria from total disintegration. This jet and cash story is a scandal of monumental proportion and it must not be swept under the carpet. The National Assembly must intervene in order to calm nerves. This is not the hand of Esau and the voice of Jacob. It is the hand of President Jonathan and the voice of Oritsejafor. There is an unholy union here. An aircraft owned by a war-mongering and current national president of CAN, the cash is being claimed by a Christian-led, Muslim-repressing government, there is more to this than meets the eye. We are no longer safe. MURIC demands the termination of all security deals with the Israelis in Aso Rock, the seat of government. It is too dangerous to involve a country like Israel, an anti-Muslim country in the security matters of a country like Nigeria, deeply polarized by religious sentiments. Only a government with an anti-Muslim agenda will do such a thing. It is time for the Israelis to be kept at bay regarding key security issues in Nigeria. We advise President Jonathan to change his tactics, to integrate Muslims into his government, to stop the political marginalization of Muslims, to review the Christian-loaded recruitment into the security agencies, to probe the disappearance of Islamic scholars and the killing of Muslims in Zaria and to balance the sharing of the dividends of democracy between Christians and Muslims.  We warn that the lopsided recruitment into the security agencies, particularly the Nigerian Army in the past three years, smacks of a more sinister plot to systematically wipe out Nigerian Muslims through extra-judicial killings. We draw the attention of the international community to acts of pro-Christian favouritism and anti-Muslim practices of President Jonathan. The Nigerian leader is deliberately dividing his citizens along religious lines. MURIC affirms that it seeks peaceful coexistence between Christians and Muslims. We are prepared to live with our neighbours. We urge those fanning the embers of war and amassing weapons to remember the plight of Liberia, Congo, Sierra Leone, Bosnia Herzegovina, etc. The ravages of war, the sufferings of millions of innocent young and old are better imagined than experienced. Finally, we appeal to Muslims throughout Nigeria to allow the National Assembly to wade into the matter. Meanwhile, we charge them to remain calm and law-abiding. 

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)
so on point
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 18, 2014
kokoA: Why should CAN release a press statement on behalf of Oritsejiafor?

What has CAN got to do with the guy's private business?

Does the aircraft belong to CAN?

This pastor doesn't know the implications of what he is doing.. Nigeria is a very volatile country when it comes to religious issues.. This is a country where a cartoon painted in far away Denmark led to the killings of hundreds of innocent christians. Yet he brought in CAN into this issue to justify his own personal business activity.

Mr CAN president, speak for yourself! Do not drag Nigerian christians into your business.
he speaks for xtians. most of u find it hard to bliv dat SHEKAU AND BH ARE UNISLAMIC. nw we r beginin to knw those behind insurgency
Re: Oritsejafor And Company: Tainted And Jittery - Nasir El-rufai by Nobody: 9:56am On Sep 18, 2014
meforyou1: this ishaq man must be very drunk. Let him call for the disintegration of this union that is not working let everybody go their separate ways.
North that doesn't contribute anything to the Nigerian economy except murder, looting, destruction and Islamic terrorism.
fool. AND CAN PLUS JONAH BUYING ARMS. I hav knwn dat most xtians ar saliently hapy by what is hapnin in d north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sheriff Oborevwori Disqualified By High Court As Delta PDP Governorshi Candidate / Do You Think Ben Murray-bruce Is Right? (snapshot) / Senator Nuhu Aliyu Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.