Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,337 members, 7,780,882 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:20 AM

Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl (13861 Views)

Nigerian Woman In Trouble For Battering Indian Lover (photo) / Five Types Of Fathers Every Nigerian Child Grew Up With / How Can I Revive My Fallen Bosoms After Nursing Two Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 18, 2014

6 Likes

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 1:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
jaybee3: "Permit me to say this- If you don't find it demeaning to spread your legs in the east and west direction just to get #5,000 from a man, then you shouldn't find any job too demeaning."

Yes but then again the effort isn't comparable

All the same, you are bang on point.

God knows if i ever have a daughter, i'd definitely drill the "Yes I can" spirit in her from the get go

I used that example cos some gals can do a lot of 'dirty' things to get money from men, yet they find working in certain places demeaning. Any lady that can travel from Lagos to Kaduna to meet a man should be able to enroll with the Railway service as cabin crew. IMO, travelling is travelling smiley

6 Likes

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
story for the witches!!!

help mates, aint they? so why wont i collect from him. im not a feminist oooo, wetin concern me. his money is mine, his mind too, if i so desire. my body, mine to give. and if you insult me because you gave me something, i go tell you how your papa marry your mama put for house. if you misbehave, i'd gladly arrange schnapp and wraps for guys to re-arrange your manners on how to treat a lady.

1 Like

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 2:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
standd: Hard work doesn't kill

I graduated in 2011 and immediately applied at an engineering company. Surprisingly, I got the job as a site-supervisor (trainee)
My salary was #75,000
I worked with this firm for a few months until I got called for Nysc...
I did this for 2 months until I got called by the same Engineering firm I worked for before service.

I guess I can say I despise idleness a lot.
I remember how I was home after final exams in 2011. I told my mum I was going to stay with a family friend, only to end up working at one of the wards during general elections.
Unfortunately, my ward was popular and news men came to film Gani Adams of OPC and my mum saw me on TV smiley
I got about #60,000 from INEC + numerous 'envelopes' from party observers.
Gani Adams gave 3 of us at the pooling booth a huge sum and one certain Chief took a shine to me and also gave me 'good' cash ( which I shared with the others at the polling booth)
I made about #145,000 in just 3 weeks.

By this time, I am used to earning my own Money. So no amount is too big for me, as long as I am the one doing the work.

This is not to say that I don't pester my father and brother for money cheesy
I am the kisslast child, if they don't take care of me, who will!

Many pseudo-runs girls dabbled in easy jobs like these too...it's where they meet their 'Gani Adams'.
The real workers (the ones I thought you meant in the OP), they ain't no daddy's girls. And they sure as hell don't have no Chief taking a shine now and then.
It's a tough world sister, and so far, you don't really sound like you've earned the right to talk about it.

P.S.
You might have the smatterings of a conscience, but don't confuse envy with indignant altruism. All( bar the socially outcast) women want/crave a life of financial ease/dependence. It is hardwired.

6 Likes

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 2:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
BoboYekini: Many pseudo-runs girls dabbled in easy jobs like these too...it's where they meet their 'Gani Adams'.
The real workers (the ones I thought you meant in the OP), they ain't no daddy's girls. And they sure as hell don't have no Chief taking a shine now and then.
It's a tough world sister, and so far, you don't really sound like you've earned the right to talk about it.

That's your opinion BoboYekini. How do I convince you otherwise when you do NOT know me. Feel free to judge. I only pray that some will learn from the OP.

5 Likes

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie: There is something about this post that doesn't connect to me...
It lacks depth...kinda elementary.
...all the same, I second the motion.

It has no depth because i have refused to copy any thing from the internet or google. I made this post as a plea to gals who still don't know they can actually work to take care of themselves. I see them everyday.
And I do NOT need big grammar and internet dictionaries to pass this simple message across.
It is not about 'Tonto Dike' and '500 ways to get your ex back'.
I can only pray that my 'Target Audience' reads and understand.
Thank you.

18 Likes

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 2:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
shoefreak: story for the witches!!!

help mates, aint they? so why wont i collect from him. im not a feminist oooo, wetin concern me. his money is mine, his mind too, if i so desire. my body, mine to give. and if you insult me because you gave me something, i go tell you how your papa marry your mama put for house. if you misbehave, i'd gladly arrange schnapp and wraps for guys to re-arrange your manners on how to treat a lady.

shoefreak cheesy cheesy
iBeg oh, we both know you have a job. Do not let the message elude the people who truly need it.
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 2:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
BoboYekini: Many pseudo-runs girls dabbled in easy jobs like these too...it's where they meet their 'Gani Adams'.

P.S.
You might have the smatterings of a conscience, but don't confuse envy with indignant altruism. All( bar the socially outcast) women want/crave a life of financial ease/dependence. It is hardwired.

Duly noted.
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
standd:

shoefreak cheesy cheesy
iBeg oh, we both know you have a job. Do not let the message elude the people who truly need it.
grin grin

Hehehe! I don resign now! I dey find job ooo!

#gbam!!! grin grin

P.S.
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
standd:

It has no depth because i have refused to copy any thing from the internet or google. I made this post as a plea to gals who still don't know they can actually work to take care of themselves. I see them everyday.
And I do NOT need big grammar and internet dictionaries to pass this simple message across.
It is not about 'Tonto Dike' and '500 ways to get your ex back'.
I can only pray that my 'Target Audience' reads and understand.
Thank you.
Issokay...you really don't have to copy from the internet for it to have depth you know'
...and don't get all emotional either, no one said it's about Tonto Dike and whatever...
I read a post by MizMycoli...and I had to give it to her. I don't think she copied from the internet. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Issokay...you really don't have to copy from the internet for it to have depth you know'
...and don't get all emotional either, no one said it's about Tonto Dike and whatever...
I read a post by Miz Mycoli...and I had to give it to her. I don't think she copied from the internet. Thanks

Kachisbarbie...thanks for this. Your point is duly noted.
I really do pray that the people I targeted, do learn from this thread.
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
shoefreak: grin grin

Oh! cheesy I hope you ain't serious about that your 'juju' thread though.
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
standd:

Kachisbarbie...thanks for this. Your point is duly noted.
I really do pray that the people I targeted, do learn from this thread.
Amen dear. Don't take me wrongly, maybe I shouldn't have said 'it lacks depth'. I was just hoping to see points different from what I have been seeing regularly on this particular topic. You know it has been pretty overflogged'
You welcome all the same.
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Amen dear. Don't take me wrongly, maybe I shouldn't have said 'it lacks depth'. I was just hoping to see points different from what I have been seeing regularly on this particular topic. You know it has been pretty overflogged'
You welcome all the same.

Lol smiley Did not take you wrongly.
Check out my blog.
http://chesapeakesblues.
You can yab me all you want. tongue

2 Likes

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
grin grin

Make I ask ifa!!! I dey come!!!

standd:

Oh! cheesy I hope you ain't serious about that your 'juju' thread though.

1 Like

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
standd:

Lol smiley Did not take you wrongly.
Check out my blog.
http://chesapeakesblues.
You can yab me all you want. tongue
Lol...I don't need to yab you. I've done that already @A letter to you - woman, we both know there is a difference between that and this. I think I get it now, guess you wanted to reach everyone with this one...
Keep it up.

2 Likes

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by jennylove7575(f): 4:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
Poor men lamenting.... Hmmm.Na wah!

1 Like

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by MizMyColi(f): 4:52pm On Sep 18, 2014
Okay, all I just did was come here and like almost every post.
I'm not jobless, I just appreciate the guys and ladies who have contributed on here.
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by pickabeau1: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
ITbomb: I will update this comment when I see a Nigerian girl who would see free iPhone 6 for one night stand and rather prefer to work and earn money to buy Tecno M3
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

P.S.

Word!

Hypergamy is ingrained in the female DNA
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
jennylove7575: Poor men lamenting.... Hmmm.Na wah!

I wonder why they are lamenting oh, it's clear I have a targeted audience.

3 Likes

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by jennylove7575(f): 7:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
standd:

I wonder why they are lamenting oh, it's clear I have a targeted audience.
gist me..who are your targeted audience
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
jennylove7575: gist me..who are your targeted audience

Me, you, every woman who happens to read this.

1 Like

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by MizMyColi(f): 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
standd:

Lol cheesy
Hmmmn. I had to check out MizmyColi after you mentioned her.
That one is a walking-dictionary cheesy
I am a poet and a writer and I can surely roll out 'over-sized' grammar and words with 'depth'. I just wanted to create a post that everyone(learned or not) would understand and identify with.
Thanks for checking out my blog smiley

Thanks Dear smiley
But
@TheEmboldened

You should meet Ishilove's blog.

2 Likes

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
standd:

Lol cheesy
Hmmmn. I had to check out Mi zmyColi after you mentioned her.
That one is a walking-dictionary cheesy
I am a poet and a writer and I can surely roll out 'over-sized' grammar and words with 'depth'. I just wanted to create a post that everyone(learned or not) would understand and identify with.
Thanks for checking out my blog smiley
Lol...not grammar, I don't like too much grammar.
Your article I read, the grammar was moderate, but I could connect to the lines/words. You are actually better than me, I am not a good writer @all, but I am a reader. I sure enjoyed that particular article on your blog.
Though it wasn't loading properly, I bookmarked it, would try later.
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Lol...not grammar, I don't like too much grammar.
Your article I read, the grammar was moderate, but I could connect to the lines/words. You are actually better than me, I am not a good writer @all, but I am a reader. I sure enjoyed that particular article on your blog.
Though it wasn't loading properly, I bookmarked it, would try later.

Ok ma'am
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
shoefreak: grin grin

#gbam!!! grin grin

Abi u go come work under me?cheesy But that eye wey I dey see for ya dp like awon 'omo get inside', you sure you have the stomach for that kain job?
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Lamborghini(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
Very wonderful thread!!
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Revive The Habit Of Self-sufficiency- For Every Nigerian Woman/girl by iebanehita(m): 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
▲▲▲▲I think you should ask yourself 'Who run the girls? '

Nice post all the same.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best Technique For Dealing With A Nagging Wife/Partner? / Nigerian Parents Need To Allow Their Daughters Leave Toxic Marriages / Couples Attending Different Churches,is It Wise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.