Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year (2647 Views)

What Books Have You Read In 2015 / Important Ways To Simplify How You Read / How Many Books Have You Read This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by JayEye(m): 5:40am On Oct 03, 2014
The books i read were mostly for school and exams.

For leisure, i've read
Pride and Prejudice_Jane Austen.
Animal Farm_George Orwell.
That something is you_*forgot author.
17 secrets of high flying students _Fela Durotoye.

Currently on Outlive your life_Max Luxado.
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 4:09am On Oct 05, 2014
hiroz:
nice.but where do u purchase your books i doubt i can get these where i stay...are you into e-books or you love your books hard ;print....
Went through you posts,you give very intelligent responses.i was like wow...
Thanks, dear. I prefer hard copies. I buy them at my School's bookstore, sometimes Chapters - if they have them. Sometimes I order them from Amazon. Sometimes I'm lucky and can find them at a local library. I've gone the e-book route a few times in the past, but I typically prefer to have my books in my hand when studying or doing assignments, not stare at a screen.

You can order them, but if you're in Nigeria I'm not sure how you would go about it. Do you want to read those particular topics for leisure/fun or to help with classes and/or gain more knowledge?

Great thread, btw.

Infomizer:

You should see me salivating!
Nice!!!
Thanks.

Nice list.

1 Like

Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Infomizer(m): 7:49am On Oct 05, 2014
hiroz:

Went through you posts,you give very intelligent responses.i was like wow...

I'd be disappointed if it turned out otherwise. Yet to meet someone who reads wide, yet lacks intelligence.

Yields:

Thanks.
Nice list.

You're welcome ma'am. And, hey, thanks too.
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
hiroz:

how long does it take you guys to read a standard text,say 350-500 pages.for me it could take 8 hours or up to 1 week even a month,depending on my schedule or my møod..are you into e-books or you prefer hardcopies...

i prefer hardcopies, but here is the problem. Many of the books i read, you cant find them in the bookstores here, (where i stay), so i go for e-books.

It depends, but for 300-500 pages, averagely 5 days. (I cant really say)

2 Likes

Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by TheInQuireR(m): 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
hiroz:

how long does it take you guys to read a standard text,say 350-500 pages.for me it could take 8 hours or up to 1 week even a month,depending on my schedule or my møod..are you into e-books or you prefer hardcopies...
a week really and thats because of my exams normaly it would take me three days tops, i was into hardcopies <i still am though> till i discovered ebooks it saves money and its portable and the pleasure of knowing that i can get it anytime not searching through every bookshop till i get what am looking for.
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Abuklaw(m): 11:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
Peterken05:
Moral landscape-Sam Harris
The End of Faith- Sam Harris
God Delusion-Richard Dawkins
Think and Grow Rich-Napoleon Hill
Emotional Intelligence- Daniel Goleman
Note: this isn't an over hyped statement because I can read whatever was scribbled with ink or typed with keypad or board.

Emotional intelligence- Daniel Coleman
12 qualities of a good leader-sheila murray
Retire Young, Retire rich- robert kiyosaki
Rich dad, poor dad- robert kiyosaki
Cash flow quadrant - robert kiyosaki
Everyday, a friday- Joel Osteen
360 degree leader- john c maxwell
Think Big-
Effective public speaking- Dale carnegie
How to win friends and influence people- dale carnegie
The accidental public servant- mallam nasir el-rufai
Why I am involve- chukwuemeka ojukwu
Adventure in prison- obafemi Awolowo
There was a country-
The confession of a british spy- published by kitabu kitabevi
Maximise the moment- unknown
Speech for all occasion- unknown writer

on nairaland: I have read couple of stories from the literature section
The reluctant bride- tiffanyj
A man to call her own- tiffanyj
We are able- prof sammyhoe
An evening with eva (please read it)-kayemjay
Aishat subair-zeinymira
Pemisire, a man's destiny- forgot his handle
Ify- a romantic thriller- 2scorehigh
Live under the table-divepen
The web-candy

And others to numerous to remember and mention. Nairaland writers are fantastic and talented people. God bless literature section, God bless Nairaland and God bless Nigeria

Good bless Seun Osewa for finding a lasting solution to issues bothering topic from Islam for Muslim section

1 Like

Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 11:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
Abuklaw:
Note: this isn't an over hyped statement because I can read whatever was scribbled with ink or typed with keypad or board.

Emotional intelligence- Daniel Coleman
12 qualities of a good leader-sheila murray
Retire Young, Retire rich- robert kiyosaki
Rich dad, poor dad- robert kiyosaki
Cash flow quadrant - robert kiyosaki
Everyday, a friday- Joel Osteen
360 degree leader- john c maxwell
Think Big-
Effective public speaking- Dale carnegie
How to win friends and influence people- dale carnegie
The accidental public servant- mallam nasir el-rufai
Why I am involve- chukwuemeka ojukwu
Adventure in prison- obafemi Awolowo
There was a country-
The confession of a british spy- published by kitabu kitabevi
Maximise the moment- unknown
Speech for all occasion- unknown writer

on nairaland: I have read couple of stories from the literature section
The reluctant bride- tiffanyj
A man to call her own- tiffanyj
We are able- prof sammyhoe
An evening with eva (please read it)-kayemjay
Aishat subair-zeinymira
Pemisire, a man's destiny- forgot his handle
Ify- a romantic thriller- 2scorehigh
Live under the table-divepen
The web-candy

And others to numerous to remember and mention. Nairaland writers are fantastic and talented people. God bless literature section, God bless Nairaland and God bless Nigeria

Good bless Seun Osewa for finding a lasting solution to issues bothering topic from Islam for Muslim section

i have read most of the books you wrote but not this year, last year and the previous years.

Thats cool, you finished all these this year? Cool.
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Abuklaw(m): 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2014
Peterken05:

i have read most of the books you wrote but not this year, last year and the previous years.

Thats cool, you finished all these this year? Cool.
Yes! This year
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2014
Abuklaw:
Yes! This year
cool
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 10, 2014
SupaJoe:
Until last month I realised the power of reading wide. They often say, you're the product of what you read....in a bid to make it reality, I have read 3 books under a month.
keep it up.same here.started reading books quite recently,just last year.it illuminates the mind and gives a sort of uplifts the mind,like being high.
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 10, 2014
Yields:

Thanks, dear. I prefer hard copies. I buy them at my School's bookstore, sometimes Chapters - if they have them. Sometimes I order them from Amazon. Sometimes I'm lucky and can find them at a local library. I've gone the e-book route a few times in the past, but I typically prefer to have my books in my hand when studying or doing assignments, not stare at a screen.
Great thread, btw.
thanks...same here.nothing beats reading an actual book in hard copy,turning the pages, it is just lovely.where i stay in benin,you can only get books of very popular authors in bookshops..i guess i will have to download or buy e-books and if i cant read them,i wil just print it out and read.i want to read the books for leisure and knowleDge,always had a thing for psychology.thanks for the books you recommended on psychology and philosophy.have you read them yourself...do you school in naija...?i am thinking you dont...
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 10, 2014
TheInQuireR:
a week really and thats because of my exams normaly it would take me three days tops, i was into hardcopies <i still am though> till i discovered ebooks it saves money and its portable and the pleasure of knowing that i can get it anytime not searching through every bookshop till i get what am looking for.
thats the advantage of e books.there are so many books you cant buy in bookstores.downloading wins it...3 days is quite swift.i read a dan browns 500pg novel in 8hours.for the rest of the day i was mentally useless my brain was overloaded....how is that percy jackson's series like?
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 10, 2014
Peterken05:

i prefer hardcopies, but here is the problem. Many of the books i read, you cant find them in the bookstores here, (where i stay), so i go for e-books.

It depends, but for 300-500 pages, averagely 5 days. (I cant really say)
same here.goods are hard to find in book stores.nice one
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 10, 2014
i am always shoCKEd when people ask me why am i reading*u don graduate na,na inside bookshop your mama born you* and they say it trying to mock me.do you guys get such too.reading books for leisure,fun and new knowledge is just a strange idea to them .
gone through this thread with a pen and paper,listing out books i havent read and will like to purchase for next year.thanks guys.una don try.seeing so many books and authors i havent read is an encouragement for me to read more...
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
retire young,retire rich- Robert kiyosaki

Memory mastery- Harry Lorayne

The memory keeper's daughter-Kim Edwards

Coffee makes you Black- april Sinclair

Success Systems- david Oyedepo

Never Give Up-joyce meyer

The Secret-rhonda Byrnes

Tongues in the Upper room-kenneth E.Hagins

The Horse whisperer-nicholas Evans

Rich dad,poor dad-robert Kiyosaki
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by kunzyomi(m): 7:03pm On Oct 10, 2014
has anyone read PSYCH INVESTIGATION EPISODESit's on wattpad...very interesting book
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 13, 2014
hiroz:
thanks...same here.nothing beats reading an actual book in hard copy,turning the pages, it is just lovely.where i stay in benin,you can only get books of very popular authors in bookshops..i guess i will have to download or buy e-books and if i cant read them,i wil just print it out and read.i want to read the books for leisure and knowleDge,always had a thing for psychology.thanks for the books you recommended on psychology and philosophy.have you read them yourself...do you school in naija...?i am thinking you dont...
-Yes, I have.
-No, I don't.

hiroz:
i am always shoCKEd when people ask me why am i reading*u don graduate na,na inside bookshop your mama born you* and they say it trying to mock me.do you guys get such too.reading books for leisure,fun and new knowledge is just a strange idea to them .
gone through this thread with a pen and paper,listing out books i havent read and will like to purchase for next year.thanks guys.una don try.seeing so many books and authors i havent read is an encouragement for me to read more...
LOL. I have always loved books myself. As a kid, I spent a great deal of time at libraries. I went there often during the summer and would practically stay there till closing time. Back in junior high, you'll either find me at the school library playing chess or reading. Till now, I still love libraries. I love bookstores too! Whenever I go to the mall, I head over to the bookstores before anywhere else and if I'm ever at Starbucks, you would always find me at their bookstore.

2 Likes

Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 16, 2014
Yields:
-Yes, I have.
-No, I don't.

LOL. I have always loved books myself. As a kid, I spent a great deal of time at libraries. I went there often during the summer and would practically stay there till closing time. Back in junior high, you'll either find me at the school library playing chess or reading. Till now, I still love libraries. I love bookstores too! Whenever I go to the mall, I head over to the bookstores before anywhere else and if I'm ever at Starbucks, you would always find me at their bookstore.
i knew it.u dont school in naija,u.s?but hope u sabi pidgin oh.
nice... so miss yields is a bookworm.
lmao...your mates must have thought you were weird...but it pays,your mental capacity is strengthened by reading books.but you don't spend all your leisure time with books,you do watch t.v.
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 18, 2014
hiroz:
i knew it.u dont school in gains,u.s?but hope u sabi pidgin oh.
nice... so miss yields is a bookworm.
lmao...your mates must have thought you were weird...but it pays,your mental capacity is strengthened by reading books.but you don't spend all your leisure time with books,you do watch t.v.
I can throw some pidgin around: You dey craze? Na u sabi, I no fit shout, etc. I'm learning from NL. =p

Are you in School? What are you studying?

1 Like

Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 19, 2014
Yields:

I can throw some pidgin around: You dey craze? Na u sabi, I no fit shout, etc. I'm learning from NL. =p

Are you in School? What are you studying?
Lol.just some.I am sure it will be hilarious to hear u run some pidgin.pidgin is just fun,na the insults sweet pass.if someone is in your path instead of saying excuse me,you say 'comot your big head for road'......
I just graduated earlier this year.read geology.running my NySC now.what about you,wetin you dey read?do you think you will come for the NySC programme..?
Re: What And How Many Books Have You Read(or Still Reading) This Year by TheInQuireR(m): 8:21am On Oct 23, 2014
hiroz:
thats the advantage of e books.there are so many books you cant buy in bookstores.downloading wins it...3 days is quite swift.i read a dan browns 500pg novel in 8hours.for the rest of the day i was mentally useless my brain was overloaded....how is that percy jackson's series like?
its like mixing both banana and strawbery in a fruit juice, the book is a total page turner... Be warned if you have any exams do not read. You wouldnt concentrate. If your a fan of greek mythology its an eye opener into that world. Am really sad 'cause it has come to an end as the last book in the sequel of percy jackson, the "heroes of olympus" which is the "blood of olympus" is finaly out... Like another harry potter it leaves another space void.. Til february where Another series would evolve. Its a TOTAL MUST READ

(1) (2) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About Cyberbullying / 2018 Scholarship For Ivc And How To Apply / Pls What Is Jamb & Post Ume Cut Off Mark For Medine In Abu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.