Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo (39581 Views)

Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo / $9.3m Scandal: Oritsejafor violated Company Law, Says Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phemmyjohnson: 10:19pm On Sep 17, 2014
I have just read, with some amusement, the
position of the Federal Government regarding the cash totaling $9.3million that was seized by the South African authorities as an attempt was made to smuggle it into that country.

From my little understanding, the Federal Government’s
position can be summarised as follows:

•That it is aware of the movement of such large
sum of money by cash out of the country.
That the cash is meant for the purchase of arms
to fight insurgency.

•That the transaction was done by cash to ensure
the speed of the transaction.
That it resorted to buy from South Africa because
of procedural bottlenecks in the purchase of such
items from western countries.

The above position of the Federal Government is
not only ludicrous, it is laughable, untenable and
a story only fit to be told to the marines. The
following rhetoric posers are germane to this
issue:

Is it really faster and safer to do an international
transaction of such magnitude by ferrying cash
across the continent or by a simple wire transfer
that can go through in a matter of few minutes or few hours?

If, indeed, the matter involves security issues like
the purchase of arms by a foreign government
like Nigeria, why was the South African
Government not brought into the picture
beforehand? How could the South African
Government be sure that the arms were
purchased legitimately by the Nigerian
government and not by insurgents if they were
not officially informed beforehand?

If indeed the manufacturer(s) of such equipment
was/were expecting such large amount by cash,
why did they not make adequate arrangements
with the authorities in South Africa to declare and clear the cash on arrival?

Why was money belonging to the Federal
Government and meant for purchase of
equipment for the Federal Government moved by a private jet and by private individuals and why were they not accompanied by the officials of the Department of State Services or the office of the National Security Adviser in official capacities?

Why would a government that is at the peak of
promoting the cashless policy in our economy be
the chief breaker of that policy by moving such a
large amount by cash?

If, indeed, it was a legitimate transaction of the
Federal Government, why were the officials of our embassy in South Africa not on hand to make the entry easier and smoother?

Since the South African Government has said the
amount is above the limit of cash allowed into
that country, why would a whole government like
Nigeria not know the simple immigration laws of a sister and friendly country before allowing that
type of amount of cash to be taken to that
country?

Why would the Nigerian government seek to
smuggle cash into a country without disclosure if
it was, indeed, for a legitimate transaction?

From where did the Federal Government source
that amount in Nigeria? Was it from the Central
Bank of Nigeria or from the black market?

Nigerians demand answers to this with proof.
Is it just a wicked coincidence that it is the aircraft belonging to a personal friend and unapologetically of the President in the person of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (my big brother in Warri), that was used to smuggle the cash?

If, contrary to the above posers, the transaction
was contracted out to a private company in
Nigeria, does it not amount to the offence of
Money Laundering under our laws for the Federal Government to have allowed that company to attempt to pay for the equipment by cash to the tune of that amount without passing through a financial institution?

The truth is, any transaction the world over that is done by cash, in a huge volume like this and in
this manner can only point to one thing: It is an
illegal transaction or a transaction for an illegal
purpose that is meant to be untraceable. This was a covert, illegal operation that went horribly
wrong. The position of the Federal Government is a cock-and-bull story meant to be shoved down the throat of Nigerians, but some of us are not fools.

The hard fact we must all accept now is that
billions of our hard-earned monies are being
smuggled out of the country on a regular basis
under the guise of security matters and with the
active connivance of security agencies. Little
wonder, then, that the insurgency, rather than
waning, is gathering momentum because certain
persons, somewhere, are feeding fat on the
situation whilst innocent lives and limbs are being wasted.
May God help us all.
Thank you.
FESTUS KEYAMO, ESQ.
SOURCE:
FESTUS KEYAMO

288 Likes 57 Shares

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by lokito: 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
@OP, @Me, @concerned citizenry,

Just leave the criminal politicians. If God shows you a little MP4/3GP of their destruction, you'll not want to be like them.

Vanity#

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by wirinet(m): 10:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
If this kind of thing happens in any other country in the world, the irresponsible government would be history by now, with all involved facing jail time.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phemmyjohnson: 10:40pm On Sep 17, 2014
FG - Lying to all Nigerians Since 1900BC

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Pataki: 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
These are the critical questions every sensible and right thinking Nigerians should be asking.

I have said it, Jonathan will end up in Kirikiri Prison if he luckily survives after 2015 elections.

Our President and his allies are certified CRIMINALS! Pastor OLEJAFOCK used to be a certified ARMED ROBBER on the streets of Warri and Lagos.

127 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by drauj(m): 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
The plan to Massacre innocent Lives in Nigeria is manifesting.
Jonathan and his cohorts will not succeed.
Nigeria is bigger that any individual talkless of a clueless drunkard.

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by papparatzzi2013: 10:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
The desecration of the Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has hit a new height, under the drunken master, the Mandela of Otuoke, Jonah the Don.

112 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Mynd44: 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2014

2 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Ghost01(m): 10:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
There is no way Oritsejafor's jet will be used for such transaction and he won't be in the know. Even preachers, and their cronies, lie publicly nowadays. O ma se o!

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phemmyjohnson: 10:49pm On Sep 17, 2014
wirinet: If this kind of thing happens in any other country in the world, the irresponsible government would be history by now, with all involved facing jail time.

Not in this country,
Those to bring the FG to book are criminals themselves..
A thief has neva been caught by armed robbers,
Till date, our $20b oil money is still invincible..
FG is playing the Tune and dancing to it themselves..

81 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by stevolinkon40: 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
Reading
Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by eemalex(m): 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2014
wait
Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by cr8v(f): 10:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
I don't care what anyone says. When Boko Haram was buying, no one knew. If Christians decide to defend themselves it is a pity that it's fellow Christians that will write this trash. Stay there until Boko haram evolves to ISIS and start chasing you defenseless out of your country. The federal govt may not have told the whole truth but these jihadist know how to cover themselves that until now no one knows the sponsors of Boko and how they brought in heavy weapons into the country. At least it is not open in public circles. Festus, stay for Lagos I no blame you, you are not a northern Christian so you will not understand

Go and study history how turkey and some other former Christian nations to Islam. They did that by force from jihadists and there lack of unity amongst believers.

***Addition***
I have read the comments of most people who quoted me while the ones that called themselves Christians resort to insult because they think they are protecting their faith, the Muslims have only one argument "how did Spain become Muslim?"
First to my christian brethren, you say the govt should not hide such tns, well I never said the government said so I'm only speculating that if that be the reason then it is justifiable. You say that GEJ has caused more religious divide ever since he started, well thats because some faith don't want him in power and will do everything to unsit him like they do in other places like Egypt, remember this people are willing to die for the nonsense they believe. Jonathan owes it a duty to protect her citizens and that is what Ayo has been accusing the FEG for not doing. And for some ho say that self defence is wrong for a christian, I laugh because you have just imbibed the Jehovah witness misinterpretations. When soldiers met John the baptist, he didnt ask them to resign from fighting wars to be counted as repentants. This is because there is nothing wrong with the military. Islam needs the like of Israel to discipline and keep them in check

for the muslims who say that Spain is Islam, its surprising that people still believe this propaganda their imam fed them. Wikipeadia has it that "As of 2007, it is estimated that over 1 million (1.6 as of 2013[1]) Muslims live in Spain,[2] most of them recent immigrants from North Africa, Middle East, and South Asia; although there are also some Spanish converts, estimated at between 20,000[3] and 50,000." out of over 40million people, 1 million is islam and they say spain is islam. Muslim marry many wives and give birth in multitude so their number seem to grow while christians practice family planning. stop deceiving yourselves statistics show that spain is 78% christian and only 2% muslim

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by oathman(m): 10:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
let em knw

1 Like

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by ayindejimmy(m): 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
This man has asked all the questns i av bin dyin 2 ask. This's nt abt party or ethnicity. Its abt wats right nd wats 'evily' wrong.
This's an eyes opener 4 all patriotic nja
Frnt page tinz! Abi?

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phemmyjohnson: 10:52pm On Sep 17, 2014
lokito: @OP, @Me, @concerned citizenry,

Just leave the criminal politicians. If God show you a little MP4 of their destruction, you'll not want to be like them. Vanity

In 3D gogu!!,
Watching some of em burning in hell!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by hok4u(f): 10:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ok
Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by uken73(m): 10:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
He does makes sense.

When you look at the achievements of this administration, you want to believe this is the best Nigeria has had yet, but there are so many question marks without proper explanation. Looks like others before him who achieved little or nothing were so good at the corruption game that aside not achieving much, you don't have as much to chide them for.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Evathyst(f): 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Now wey I don book space for front page, na to read d story sure pass. Mehn! Being on fp makes one experience d fantasy of flying on a first class while doz pple whose comment wil be on pages 1-5 na economy class. Bt from pages 6-infinity,na Danfo bus whr u meet preachers, drug sellers nd all doz public disturbers. Na joke o grin

Back to d topic: As far as I'm concerned ds no news to me. I wonder why it's taking a lot of pple ds long to realise dt JONA's hand isn't clean in ds boko haram matter. Thrs a Latin saying dt goes thus 'Qui bono' meaning who profits. If u want to knw who is responsible for boko haram, den u shld ask urself who has been profiting from ds problem. Squandering billions on arms dt never get purchased, spending billions on logistics, using d insurgency as an excuse to mask his incompetence.

D kind of lies being peddled by JONA'S administration is one dt can make even d devil blush wit embarrassment cry

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Donkaz(m): 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Y una dy fall our hands
Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by lilprinze: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
when BH and their sponsors were smuggling sophisticated weapons that they would use to islamize this country nobody knew about it .

8 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Lollyad: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hmm
Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
The hard fact we must all accept now is that
billions of our hard-earned monies are being
smuggled out of the country on a regular basis
under the guise of security matters and with the
active connivance of security agencies.

So True...God help us

15 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Pataki: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Where are all those PDP littered all over this board to come and defend the ally of our resident Otuoke dunce?

Where is SincereDunce, abi wetin he dey call himself?

36 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Shedysworld(m): 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
Just so bad

4 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phemmyjohnson: 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Pataki: These are the critical questions every sensible and right thinking Nigerians should be asking.

I have said it, Jonathan will end up in Kirikiri Prison if he luckily survives after 2015 elections.

Our President and his allies are certified CRIMINALS! Pastor OLEJAFOCK used to be a certified ARMED ROBBER on the streets of Warri and Lagos.

Their fellow brethren,
Alamieyeseigha gonna accompany them there..

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by GovWahala: 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Is this true?

1 Like

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Khaytunechi: 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
thieves!

4 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by freshness2020: 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
If this is true, then coveteousness has really crept in to the church of all Holies!
No, I don't just want to believe this! This is very hard for me to swallow!

1 Like

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by bigheart2013(m): 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hmmmmmmmm! Very long pause on the current Nigeria.... I wouldn't care less if not that a 'private jet, a clergy, arms deal, and large cash were mentioned in the same sentence. Am I the only one who feels I'm probably wasting my time in church these days rather than get real about making money. Looks like there's no 'clean money' after all... grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by lexdino: 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
$9.3 million? Na beans? Guess the money was intended to buy arms for boko boys coz i'm beginning to suspect #PraiseDiPapa party might be the ones sponsoring BH

19 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Volunteers To Be The Leader Of EndSARS Movement / Bukola Saraki Drinks 7 Litres Of Water Daily / We Don’t Issue Certificates Twice, We Only Issued Attestation To Buhari - WAEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.