Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo (39575 Views)

Festus Keyamo Tweet On Fuel Scarcity During GEJ's Administration / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo / $9.3m Scandal: Oritsejafor violated Company Law, Says Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phemmyjohnson: 11:16pm On Sep 17, 2014
creamylicious: Please is there no way we can refuse that Jonathan does not win the presidential primaries or that he does not represent any political party?? This guy gaffs a lot. Becoming nauseating and we don't see best candidates around us to vote for. Lord have mercy!!!

That guy still gonna contest 2015 election?
Who cares about TAN agenda,
Damn sure his silly ass gonna be kicked out cum 2015..

9 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
cr8v: . The federal govt may not have told the whole truth but these jihadist know how to cover themselves that until now no one knows the sponsors of Boko and how they brought in heavy weapons into the country. At least it is not open in public circles.
Oh, we actually know how they come in. They're brought in by private jets owned by the Federal Govt but fronted by corrupt Preachers then "leased" to people with false identities that actually don't exist. Then the weapons are distributed to militias --- including those sponsored by the Fed. Govt--- then bombs are set off to divert attention.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phemmyjohnson: 11:18pm On Sep 17, 2014
Adunskill: Naija and is god of men. What a great question from the dynamic barrister. Trust Nigerians, this case would soon be shoved under the rug and it will never see the light of the day anymore. In some weeks time another issue would be raised and it would always make the front pages of our newspaper. Remember the farouk gate cap banking, the missing $20b, the chibok girls, the ali modu sherif and ihejirika boko haram connection, and now this. Our jounalist please follow up this case aggresively.

Exactly!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by kudoxs(m): 11:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
cr8v: I don't care what anyone says. When Boko Haram was buying, no one knew. If Christians decide to defend themselves it is a pity that it's fellow Christians that will write this trash. Stay there until Boko haram evolves to ISIS and start chasing you defenseless out of your country. The federal govt may not have told the whole truth but these jihadist know how to cover themselves that until now no one knows the sponsors of Boko and how they brought in heavy weapons into the country. At least it is not open in public circles. Testis, stay for Lagos I no blame you, you are not a northern Christian so you will not understand

Go and study history how turkey and some other former Christian nations to Islam. They did that by force from jihadists and there lack of unity amongst believers.
and please tell me how spain and other islamic countries turned to christian country, ever heard about the spanish inquisition? Guess not!

4 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:21pm On Sep 17, 2014
bigheart2013: Hmmmmmmmm! Very long pause on the current Nigeria.... I wouldn't care less if not that a 'private jet, a clergy, arms deal, and large cash were mentioned in the same sentence. Am I the only one who feels I'm probably wasting my time in church these days rather than get real about making money. Looks like there's no 'clean money' after all... grin
You just u n shackled yourself from financial slavery.

2 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Sloan: 11:23pm On Sep 17, 2014
Firefire: speechless undecided

What are you going to do or say now you PDP? grin grin By 2019, may your life be 100 times worse than the Chibok girls who were never rescued by this useless man you are eating his balls called GEDaftEbele.

10 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phemmyjohnson: 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
GEN AZAZI - Boko Haram is PDP & PDP is Boko Haram

22 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
papparatzzi2013: The desecration of the Office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has hit a new height, under the drunken master, the Mandela of Otuoke, Jonah the Don.
hehehe .... jonesing man like that. compares himself to obama , mandela and a host of others , just ask him how many books he has read and written. thats how u know a leader.

3 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phreakabit(m): 11:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
phemmyjohnson:

Rflmao. I am in no way affiliated to GEJ and I am absolutely unperturbed by his political relevance or irrelevance. Don't care if he wins or loose. With that said, I'd like to see "you guys" try kick him out. The result would be a catastrophe of apocalyptic proportions.
Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by creamylicious(f): 11:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
phemmyjohnson:

I wonder how a party would field such a fella to represent them if not for his mumuism.... They just took that guy's brain and put some vegetable to rule a country

11 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by RedArmies12: 11:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
Thanks Mr keyamo for revealing the legal angle to these lies by fg

6 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 11:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
[size=18pt]wow i need to repost this again. Please all pdp supporters this is not an attack from Keyamo, this is really a thought provoking questions we ought to be asking every minute, all nigerians from pdp to apc to lp to everyone, PLEASE COPY AND SAVE IT, Jonathan must answer to these questions, or he should forget about campaigning for 2015![/size]

I have just read, with some amusement, the
position of the Federal Government regarding the cash totaling $9.3million that was seized by the South African authorities as an attempt was made to smuggle it into that country.

From my little understanding, the Federal Government’s
position can be summarised as follows:

•That it is aware of the movement of such large
sum of money by cash out of the country.
That the cash is meant for the purchase of arms
to fight insurgency.

•That the transaction was done by cash to ensure
the speed of the transaction.
That it resorted to buy from South Africa because
of procedural bottlenecks in the purchase of such
items from western countries.

The above position of the Federal Government is
not only ludicrous, it is laughable, untenable and
a story only fit to be told to the marines. The
following rhetoric posers are germane to this
issue:

Is it really faster and safer to do an international
transaction of such magnitude by ferrying cash
across the continent or by a simple wire transfer
that can go through in a matter of few minutes or few hours?

If, indeed, the matter involves security issues like
the purchase of arms by a foreign government
like Nigeria, why was the South African
Government not brought into the picture
beforehand? How could the South African
Government be sure that the arms were
purchased legitimately by the Nigerian
government and not by insurgents if they were
not officially informed beforehand?

If indeed the manufacturer(s) of such equipment
was/were expecting such large amount by cash,
why did they not make adequate arrangements
with the authorities in South Africa to declare and clear the cash on arrival?

Why was money belonging to the Federal
Government and meant for purchase of
equipment for the Federal Government moved by a private jet and by private individuals and why were they not accompanied by the officials of the Department of State Services or the office of the National Security Adviser in official capacities?

Why would a government that is at the peak of
promoting the cashless policy in our economy be
the chief breaker of that policy by moving such a
large amount by cash?

If, indeed, it was a legitimate transaction of the
Federal Government, why were the officials of our embassy in South Africa not on hand to make the entry easier and smoother?

Since the South African Government has said the
amount is above the limit of cash allowed into
that country, why would a whole government like
Nigeria not know the simple immigration laws of a sister and friendly country before allowing that
type of amount of cash to be taken to that
country?

Why would the Nigerian government seek to
smuggle cash into a country without disclosure if
it was, indeed, for a legitimate transaction?

From where did the Federal Government source
that amount in Nigeria? Was it from the Central
Bank of Nigeria or from the black market?

Nigerians demand answers to this with proof.
Is it just a wicked coincidence that it is the aircraft belonging to a personal friend and unapologetically of the President in the person of Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor (my big brother in Warri), that was used to smuggle the cash?

If, contrary to the above posers, the transaction
was contracted out to a private company in
Nigeria, does it not amount to the offence of
Money Laundering under our laws for the Federal Government to have allowed that company to attempt to pay for the equipment by cash to the tune of that amount without passing through a financial institution?

The truth is, any transaction the world over that is done by cash, in a huge volume like this and in
this manner can only point to one thing: It is an
illegal transaction or a transaction for an illegal
purpose that is meant to be untraceable. This was a covert, illegal operation that went horribly
wrong. The position of the Federal Government is a rooster-and-bull story meant to be shoved down the throat of Nigerians, but some of us are not fools.

The hard fact we must all accept now is that
billions of our hard-earned monies are being
smuggled out of the country on a regular basis
under the guise of security matters and with the
active connivance of security agencies. Little
wonder, then, that the insurgency, rather than
waning, is gathering momentum because certain
persons, somewhere, are feeding fat on the
situation whilst innocent lives and limbs are being wasted.
May God help us all.
Thank you.
FESTUS KEYAMO, ESQ.
SOURCE:
FESTUS KEYAMO

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by atlwireles: 11:33pm On Sep 17, 2014
Lemme leave this thread with words of encouragement. Look at the man call Goodluck Jonathan, you people will call him President till 2019. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, you almajiris can do to stop. it. Your lamentations are for the dogs.

To keep Nigeria one, is a project that must be accomplished. Including buying black market arms to kill all the boko haram, bent on acting otherwise.

1 Like

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by omenka(m): 11:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
The truth is, any transaction the world over that is done by cash, in a huge volume like this and in
this manner can only point to one thing: It is an
illegal transaction or a transaction for an illegal
purpose that is meant to be untraceable. This was a covert,
illegal operation that went horribly
wrong. The position of the Federal Government is a
rooster-and-bull story meant to be shoved down the throat
of Nigerians, but some of us are not fools.
This summarises everything about this incident!!! Sadly, nobody is going to jail for it!! embarassed

4 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by piagetskinner(m): 11:35pm On Sep 17, 2014
Hmmm....#we re sitting on a time bomb...I comment the rest of my reserve

2 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 11:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
Firefire: speechless undecided

wow you are speechless. I was thinking you would put on your No 3 defenders jersey and tell us how innocent Jonathan is.

11 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phemmyjohnson: 11:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
phreakabit:

Rflmao. I am in no way affiliated to GEJ and I am absolutely unperturbed by his political relevance or irrelevance. Don't care if he wins or loose. With that said, I'd like to see "you guys" try kick him out. The result would be a catastrophe of apocalyptic proportions.

Yea!! As deep as it is, the Mandela of Otuoke had so long reconstructed our path towards injustice..
Giving pardon to his criminal friends,
Ferring Militants with presidential jet,
Allowing his gf, minister of petroluem free hand on looting of the economy's treasure..
He has done more harm than Gud..
If you and I refuse to unseat him from that office,
fearfully, we might get to meet on the run for our dear lives over the state of the nation..
Then probably you wud be a slave by then..

6 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 11:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
atlwireles: Lemme leave this thread with words of encouragement. Look at the man call Goodluck Jonathan, you people will call him President till 2019. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, you almajiris can do to stop. it. Your lamentations are for the dogs.

To keep Nigeria one, is a project that must be accomplished. Including buying black market arms to kill all the boko haram, bent on acting otherwise.

For real,you are little kid who, prolly smoking weed and saying all sorts of rubbish.
Well meaning Nigerians will laugh at your miserable life.

You mean if GEJ SMUGGLES cash into another country and then arms into the country, it is the right thing to do? are you that silly?

21 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phreakabit(m): 11:41pm On Sep 17, 2014
atlwireles: Lemme leave this thread with words of encouragement. Look at the man call Goodluck Jonathan, you people will call him President till 2019. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, you almajiris can do to stop. it. Your lamentations are for the dogs.

To keep Nigeria one, is project that must accomplished. Including buying black market arms to kill all the boko haram, bent on acting otherwise.

Them go finish you like a school of piranhas now. . .

1 Like

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by atlwireles: 11:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
saytan:

For real,you are little kid who, prolly smoking weed and saying all sorts of rubbish.
Well meaning Nigerians will laugh at your miserable life.

You mean if GEJ SMUGGLES cash into another country and then arms into the country, it is the right thing to do? are you that silly?

Do yourself a favour and go to sleep. When you find a crime lemme know. The lamentations of alamjiris, have no value in my presence.

1 Like

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 11:42pm On Sep 17, 2014
oga Festus no go do get high bp abeg. Na only revolution fit stop all dese rubbish going on in this country. It's obvious the citizens are being regarded as fools in the eyes of these politicians. Who would blame them when they know nigerians don't know that they are supposed to be accountable to us? We seriously should demand good governance by all costs. Whatever the stakes.

3 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by shidof(m): 11:43pm On Sep 17, 2014
Evathyst: Haha? Did u actually type ds 'nonsense' wit ur brain intact? Jesus! wat a lame, parochial, distorted, spurious, frivolous nd insensitive defence to such nefarious act being orchestrated by ur highly respected CAN abi na BOTTLE President. Lyk seriously, u sounded more lyk a person who is suffering from the greatest poverty of sense. Chai! Hear ur own broken lines nd jarring sounds. *sprinkles holy water on her*

D book of Hosea 4:6 says 'My pple are destroyed for lack of knowledge:because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject the.....'

Last Bullet:if truly u'r a lady, den u'r a shame on 'womanity'
BRAVO

4 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by tbaba12345: 11:46pm On Sep 17, 2014
From
- Ryan Cummings @Pol_Sec_Analyst

So two RSA companies Tier One & ESD are involved in a 'deal' to sell $10m of unspecified arms to the Nigeria govt

Both parties to the deal fail to notify the South Africa National Conventional Arms Control Committee of the exchange

The Nigerian nationals involved claim to be representatives of the Nigerian govt & claims arms purchase is sanctioned

However, they arrive in RSA aboard a private jet with undeclared cash to the value of $9.3m & are then arrested

Reports from past 24 hours suggest Nig govt have confirmed deal was legitimate & was to buy arms to fight Boko Haram

Given all facets of this deal, one cannot help to question credence of claims being forwarded by all parties involved

3 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phreakabit(m): 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
phemmyjohnson:

Yea!! As deep as it is, the Mandela of Otuoke had so long reconstructed our path towards injustice..
Giving pardon to his criminal friends,
Ferring Militants with presidential jet,
Allowing his gf, minister of petroluem free hand on looting of the economy's treasure..
He has done more harm than Gud..
If you and I refuse to unseat him from that office,
fearfully, we might get to meet on the run for our dear lives over the state of the nation..
Then probably you wud be a slave by then..

Sorry but I am Igbo, I We have no business in this. This is simply a classic case of the Northerners ganging up with their loyal Southwestern subordinates to play chess with the outsider. Simply observing things unfold.
Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
...And they sent bombers to kill people in a school in Kano to distract Nigerians about the shady and illegal arms deal. Don't be suprised if another bomb blast happens just to make sure Nigerians are totally distracted.

18 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by phemmyjohnson: 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2014

Are you ok??
Definately, you can't process the meaningful questions festus keyamo raised for the FG to answer..
Besides, its like you came to earth with a brain memory of 20kb..

13 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by cr8v(f): 11:47pm On Sep 17, 2014
You are waiting to be told in black and white. The preseident must be dumb to try that. But if you dont understand a thing just fold your hands as the truth unravels if it ever will
phemmyjohnson:

Lady!! Who told you the weapons are being purchased to secure your life and mine??
This is a high conspiracy which must be unravelled..
What's is the probabilty its not being purchased for the insurgents..
Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by darlingbobo(m): 11:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
You no get sense at all. Please leave the Christians out of this.

cr8v: I don't care what anyone says. When Boko Haram was buying, no one knew. If Christians decide to defend themselves it is a pity that it's fellow Christians that will write this trash. Stay there until Boko haram evolves to ISIS and start chasing you defenseless out of your country. The federal govt may not have told the whole truth but these jihadist know how to cover themselves that until now no one knows the sponsors of Boko and how they brought in heavy weapons into the country. At least it is not open in public circles. Testis, stay for Lagos I no blame you, you are not a northern Christian so you will not understand

Go and study history how turkey and some other former Christian nations to Islam. They did that by force from jihadists and there lack of unity amongst believers.

9 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 17, 2014
don't quote me when the investigation proves that they are the one sponsoring Boko Haram, they might have been doing the smuggling deal for a long time but " everyday na for the thief one day na the owner? I have strong believe that , FG, Jona, Ayo Orisa and others knew about this saga!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
phreakabit:

Sorry but I am Igbo, I We have no business in this. This is simply a classic case of the Northerners ganging up with their loyal Southwestern subordinates to play chess with the outsider. Simply observing things unfold.
GEJ, Ihejirika, Oritsejafor and co are Northerners and South Westerners?

7 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by Isiterere(m): 11:53pm On Sep 17, 2014

pls refrain from commenting at this time of the night, is not good for your image. Imagine ! Is this how to defend GEJ or Pastor Ayo ? Smh

ALL IZZ WELL

6 Likes

Re: The Co*k-And-Bull Story Of The FG On Smuggled $9.3m to SA - Festus Keyamo by kobonaire(m): 11:54pm On Sep 17, 2014
Evathyst: ...... can make even d devil blush wit embarrassment cry
fine girl, you funny too much oh ... grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Precious Sonia Chikwendu: EFCC's Statement On The Detention Of Fani-kayode Wife / Buhari Sacks Usman Yusuf As NHIS Boss, Appoints Sambo Replacement / Deborah Agbonayinma Wanted By ICPC For Certificate Forgery At PENCOM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.