Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks (20082 Views)

Gov Fashola Meets Mbu, Assistant Inspector General Of Police(Photo) / Police IG, Orders Dismantling Of All Police Roadblocks Nationwide / An Open Letter To The .Inspector General Of Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by emmabest2000(m): 1:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Police is your friend lipsrsealed
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 2:00am On Sep 18, 2014
emmanwandud: Choi I was even thinking that you would suggest a new police uniform without pockets so that men of integrity wouldn't be tempted 2 collect bribes from d society

They are Nigerians and surely would devise a smart way to collect their money.. To the writer of this open letter, I say GRACE AND PEACE!
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Dahkogrin007(m): 2:45am On Sep 18, 2014
metalliccards: Really frm my own point of veiw I think roadblocks as more goods dan harms, think of d CHIBOK girls if only roadblock still exist, those on duty whould ve been held 2 explain 1 or2 tins abt d incident.

well u v a point but tink ov d fact dat d police will neva wait for boko boys (ifa hear)....as far as am concern,boko haram is Nigerians numba 1 enemy wyl Nigeria police is number two (useless set ov pple)
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Dahkogrin007(m): 2:46am On Sep 18, 2014
emmabest2000: Police is your friend lipsrsealed
Wetin u chop remain for ur boys
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Nobody: 3:08am On Sep 18, 2014
Whats the name of this new IG?
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Olong(m): 3:26am On Sep 18, 2014
metalliccards: Really frm my own point of veiw I think roadblocks as more goods dan harms, think of d CHIBOK girls if only roadblock still exist, those on duty whould ve been held 2 explain 1 or2 tins abt d incident.
U live abroad? Roadblocks are police kiosks.... not crime fighting posts!
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Nobody: 3:29am On Sep 18, 2014
Olong:
U live abroad? Roadblocks are police kiosks.... not crime fighting posts!

True.

How many police swill be at a checkpoint? At best 3 or 5, let's even say 10.

How many insurgents attacked that school that night? They would have made meat pie out of the police roadblocks.

Listen, secure the border, have roving patrols, require schools to have security especially in areas of known insurgent activities but please for the sake of free commerce, freedom of travel by citizenry, please remove any attempts to waylay the travels of citizens.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by free2ryhme: 3:33am On Sep 18, 2014
RotrEmmanuel: .

DaVinChiSam: hmm

donwee007: hmmm...

Space Bookers Association of Nairaland ( Nairaland) grin
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by rajwas(m): 3:57am On Sep 18, 2014
just yesterday police man delayed and started saying offensive word against me along iseyin and okeho road in oyo state because i didnt give hin 100 naira. at first he said settle me, i asked what, he; dont delay urself, den because i dont wanted to realy delay myself i gave him N50, He; my money is N100 or bring ur papers, me; this are my papers then he held d paper and my key and said when u ar ready to go settle me. he thereby delayed me for long time
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Mkpotu(m): 5:38am On Sep 18, 2014
When I heard of MD Abubakar's retirement and seeing his replacement, what immediately came to my mind was 'i hope this new man will have the political will to maintain the road blocks should not return on our highways' Some of my friends didn't argue against it, they were like let's watch and see.

The next day, I started seeing police at various junctions but I was like it may be part of Governor Willie Obiano's determination to clean Anambra state of crime. Lo & behold, it continued.

It was just yesterday after my trip to Ebonyi, Enugu & Anambra that I concluded that these men are back on our highways. The impunity with which they harass motorists & extorting money from them is not to write home about.

I threw up the discussion with my fellow motorists that the new IGP has allowed this nonsense to resurrect on our roads again, & someone (though from his own understanding) said that he's still Acting IGP that by the time he becomes the substantive he will eradicate road blocks.

Pls, the new IGP, I beg you in the name of God to order for the removal of road blocks on our roads. The disadvantage far out ways the advantages, we are watching you.

The ops write up must be circulated till it gets to IGP ears.

I miss MD Abubakar, a neat, smart, polished & professional officer, I have come in contact with him thus my judgement but please the new IGP, we want to have something good to say about you. Do not please your boys & displease us the masses. Be firm & professional. The impunity committed at road blocks by your boys SERIOUSLY dent the image of Nigeria Police.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by 01mcfadden(m): 5:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Titiluvly: its working
what is working? grin
chairperson association of space bookers.
Its working ko,its hawking ni.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Fourwinds: 6:01am On Sep 18, 2014
hahahahaaaaa.!!!! the way u address this matter is laughable. do u know we have military checkpoints in Bornu state.? and such checkpoints disappear when Boko Haram are on the move.? what about here in the south. how many times has police left their checkpoint to engage armed robbers in gun battle rather they run when robbery cases are reported to them by motorist along that same rout. the way u responded it is as if u are not in Nigeria.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Fourwinds: 6:09am On Sep 18, 2014
publicenemy: I didnt have to read the entire article,but beleive me those road blocks will bring more good than harm to our society.

u must be naive about the society u live in. I live very close to Sagamu-Benin express way. since the former IG dismantle police checkpoint, robbery along that road has dropped drastically. infact we hadly hear of robbery there unlike when road blocks were mounted here and there along that road.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by bundur(m): 6:14am On Sep 18, 2014
Nigeria Police harassing 9jerians since 1960
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Fourwinds: 6:20am On Sep 18, 2014
SStoneCCold: Nigerian roads are safer without Police roadblocks. Quite a number of robbery cases on Nigerian highways have been traced to some policemen at roadblocks in the past. We do not need the roadblocks, motorized patrols are better.
a good suggestion
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Mobsync(m): 6:22am On Sep 18, 2014
emmanwandud: Choi I was even thinking that you would suggest a new police uniform without pockets so that men of intergrity wouldn't be tempted 2 collect bribes from d society
Ftc all d way

They would simply start putting the money in their cap. At worse, they would use polybags. Utterly shameless dudes.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Luvties(m): 6:30am On Sep 18, 2014
The presence of the Police roadblocks on the highway should be a welcome idea inspite of th insecurity and the arms smuggling going on in our country.

One can imagine if the security agent should have been on the road th arm smuggling would have been reduced to minimal level. This to point the types of arms insugents uses, how did we think it will be that easy with the police on the road.

Sound warning and dismissal sactions should me metted to defaulters.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by olatiler(m): 6:33am On Sep 18, 2014
No my fellow Nigerian u got it wrong what available at CHIBOK then was more than yeye police checking point or Roadblock it called State of Emergency and it contain more expert force personnel called JTF and yet BH brother still successful with their mission without any disturbant assuming it was police attached to CHIBOK all every arm will take away by BH
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Muscomide: 6:34am On Sep 18, 2014
N- Nigeria
P- Police
F- Farce.

The NPF is a disgrace to policing worldwide.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Charbless(m): 6:48am On Sep 18, 2014
I hope Oga @d Top reads dis and makes good use of it
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Charbless(m): 6:53am On Sep 18, 2014
olatiler:
No my fellow Nigerian u got it wrong what available at CHIBOK then was more than yeye police checking point or Roadblock it called State of Emergency and it contain more expert force personnel called JTF and yet BH brother still successful with their mission without any disturbant assuming it was police attached to CHIBOK all every arm will take away by BH
. In schl,Didn't u Cross-check Ur essay's b4 submiting??
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by lawrenceunaa: 7:03am On Sep 18, 2014
3cycle: Those police guys are making millions at Aba/portharcourt expressway.
There are about 22 checkpoints from Aba to PH only, including military checkpoint.

Shameless policemen harrassing commercial drivers especially.
They've upgraded, you must give them 50naira or follow them to their so called station.
Thieves in police uniform....tufia
So sad
shocked so when on a journey u de count police check points

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by santakris(m): 7:05am On Sep 18, 2014
publicenemy: I didnt have to read the entire article,but beleive me those road blocks will bring more good than harm to our society.

This is one of them.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Twinotter: 7:16am On Sep 18, 2014
Hehehehehe

Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Chikabel: 7:33am On Sep 18, 2014
emmanwandud: Choi I was even thinking that you would suggest a new police uniform without pockets so that men of intergrity wouldn't be tempted 2 collect bribes from d society
Ftc all d way
Their boxers no dey? Naija police can manufacture pockets, biko. Even in their mouths.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by bengoodcreature: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2014
It is a gospel truth, they are not blocking d road to check criminals rather it is to extort money from d poor masses, the I.G should react quick.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Bigzig(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2014
Op i hope say u no dey borno,or Adamawa as you say make dem police abolish road blocks.Between even armed robbers are looking forward to the result of such request..
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by mrsage(m): 8:25am On Sep 18, 2014
The new IG should learn from history
Road blocks in Nigeria cause more harm than good because of the absense of good intentions on the part of the policemen. Some past IG's have been sent packing because of road block related issues. Remember the ugly incident that happened along otedola bridge just after ojodu berger.
I'm completely against road blocks in Nigeria. Let us learn from developed countries here.
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by mrsage(m): 8:28am On Sep 18, 2014
Bigzig: Op i hope say u no dey borno,or Adamawa as you say make dem police abolish road blocks.Between even armed robbers are looking forward to the result of such request..

Mounting road blocks is not the winning formular for fighting crime and armed robbery. The key issue in an armed robbery attack is swift response and regular patrols. That is what they do in the US. We all see it in movies
It is very effective
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by 9jagobetta: 8:37am On Sep 18, 2014
hey
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by olatiler(m): 8:46am On Sep 18, 2014
Charbless: . In schl,Didn't u Cross-check Ur essay's b4 submiting??
no bro cos here is open forum where one type the way he/she like and check ur own writing formula and see if match formula for writing Essay
Re: Open Letter To The Inspector General Of Police On Roadblocks by Bigzig(m): 8:56am On Sep 18, 2014
mrsage:

Mounting road blocks is not the winning formular for fighting crime and armed robbery. The key issue in an armed robbery attack is swift response and regular patrols. That is what they do in the US. We all see it in movies
It is very effective
Ok..That's your perception

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Expresses Disappointment After Police Blocked Them During Protest / "Buhari's Government Has Failed" - Tunde Bakare Says, Denies Joining Third Force / Has Power Been Restored In Your Area?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.