Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,683 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. (82970 Views)

Ade's Chronicle: A Tale / Lagos And Abuja: A Tale Of Two Cities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 10:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
Oluwafunmilayo95:
You have a very amazing sense of description. Guy you are just too good..

Thanks for the compliment ma.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
Double post
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
twisty20:
You are doing a good job...keep it up

Thanks ma'am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2014
bibie01:
Great story! Really great n interesting..
Btw, nuffn shud happen to d Prince but I think Marcus is gonna help him. And Melissa shud be safe.

Nice work vantee2.

Melissa and the Prince be safe?

I really can't say. Let's just wait and see.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by donPhill(m): 9:51am On Nov 19, 2014
did nt really wish to comment now....bt am on gr8 suspence...vantee come and quench the thirst of this superb story
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2014
haydot95:
Shld I say the prince has found a new squire/personal bodyguard?

You can say that again.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2014
donPhill:
did nt really wish to comment now....bt am on gr8 suspence...vantee come and quench the thirst of this superb story

Having battery issues. Will update by tomorrow evening. Stay tuned sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Nobody: 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2014
VanTee20:

Having battery issues. Will update by tomorrow evening. Stay tuned sir.
we'll be waiting
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Therock5555(m): 7:59am On Nov 20, 2014
Hian Vantee baba, abeg show na. This story sweet pass anything joor
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 5:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Therock5555:
Hian Vantee baba, abeg show na. This story sweet pass anything joor

I don show smiley.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
CHAPTER SEVEN

Craig felt a sharp tug at his thick leather belt. A strong hand was trying to drag him by the buckle of his belt out of the tiny cart which had housed him for the past three days. Craig did not resist, he did not have the energy even if he wanted to. He was famished, dehydrated and ached all over. He simply slackened his body and let himself be dragged out of cart to the sandy floor.

"Get up!" A terrifying voice ordered as soon as the brown haired servant crumpled to the floor.

Craig scrambled to his feet and came face to face with a
tough looking mountain of a man. The same huge man who had abducted Craig from the Ruinous cave. The same man who Sir Millicent had introduced to the royal court as his saviour. Finn!

"Move on in front of me," Finn ordered. "Don't make any suspicious movement or I may be forced to kill you earlier than I intend to."

Craig nodded dumbly and promptly began to shuffle down the narrow bushy path that Finn pointed out to him.

"Your legs are not tied. Move faster!" Finn hollered from behind him.

Craig increased his pace from a shuffle to a trudge. His leg felt as heavy as lead as he took each slow, painful step. Worse still, his stomach growled furiously. A testament to the fact that he hadn't eaten since he was abducted.

He tried to isolate the pains he felt by focusing his mind on other things. He wanted to lucidly remember what had happened at the Ruinous cave but he couldn't. His memory seemed to have lost its sharpness. He didn't know if it was due to the pain he was feeling or because he had been knocked unconscious by Finn.

"Stop!" Finn commanded soon, after a long time.

Craig, grateful for an opportunity to rest his aching legs, quickly eased himself onto the ground. They must have come a long way, he thought as he observed the new environment. They were now in a natural clearing in the middle of a forest.

Finn let out a high pitched whistle. He waited a few seconds and did it again. In the moment that followed, eight men dressed in the ninja like uniform of the rebel troops joined Craig and Finn in the clearing.

"You took too long man. What happened?" The leader of the rebel troops asked Finn.

"Is that how to address a superior officer?" Finn answered with his question of his own.

The leader of the troops chuckled dryly. "I'm sorry. Is this the Prince?"

"Does he look like the Prince to you?"

"I'm afraid I don't know. I haven't seen the Prince since he was a baby."

The other rebels laughed, but Finn did not find it funny, infact he struggled to keep his hands by his sides. He would have punched Dunstan in the face if he gave in to his twitching fists.

"He is the Prince's servant. We. . ."

"Servant?" Dunstan said mockinginly. "Or you mean gay lover?"

The corners of Finn's mouth twitched in suppressed fury. He clearly saw now that Dunstan was challenging his authority. Openly for that matter. He would deal with him and his uncouth mouth soon. Very soon.

"Not everyone is like you, fo*l," Finn spat. "Now, take this chap to our facility in Cevout. Clean him up and serve him a good meal, we can't afford to have him die of hunger."

"Then?"

"What else? Put him in the same cell with the girl and her brother."

"You think that is a good idea?"

"Just do as you are told, id*ot," Finn bellowed. "I hope you haven't done anything with the girl."

"Not yet."

"Don't try it all," Finn warned, shaking his fore finger threatingly in the air to emphasize his point. "I'll be on my way now."

Dunstan gave no reply. He simply yanked Craig by the collar of his shirt and hustled him, in the most ungentle fashion, in the direction of the rebel camp.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 5:41pm On Nov 20, 2014

Melissa sprang up from the cold bare floor of the cell as soon as she heard the thumping sound of boots approaching. She had been sleeping. But, as usual with her, it hadn't been a deep sleep. Who could sleep soundly in a dimly lit, poorly ventilated, mosquito infested cell anyway? Well, her younger brother Alan could. She could hear him snoring away even as the thumping sounds got nearer.

"Alan," She tried to wake him up. No response. The snoring only increased a notch.

The cell door swung open and Melissa saw a figure walk into the cell. In the dim lights of the cell, she could see that the figure belonged to a man. Even though she couldn't see the features clearly.

Her heart began to pound furiously, pumping blood at an accelerated rate. Her second biggest fear, since the day she was abducted with her brother on the way to Sassule, was about to come true. They had finally sent someone to defile her.

"Alan!" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Alan?" The figure repeated in a voice that conveyed surprise. "Is that Melissa?"

"Who are you?" Melissa shrieked.

"Craig."

"Craig, oh, Craig," She cried as she ran to embrace him.

Craig was more than surprised to find Melissa there. "How did you get here?"

She gave no reply. She just stood there, with her face buried in his shoulder, weeping unconsolably.

"What is happening here?" A voice demanded behind them.

They both turned to see a young man standing with his arm folded across his chest. It was Alan.

"Alan, this is Craig. I'm sure you know him very well," Melissa said, sniffing back her tears.

Neither Melissa nor Craig could have anticipated what happened next, as Alan threw a heavy punch in the direction of Craig's head. It caught him in the nose and sent him staggering backwards.

"Alan! Are you crazy?" Melissa screamed at her brother, but he wasn't deterred as he sent a vicious kick to Craig's midriff, causing the latter to stumble to the ground, clutching his stomach in pain.

Alan did not stop there. He pounced on the brown haired servant and began to rain blows on his face.

"Alaaaan! Stop it!" Melissa bellowed. This time her shouts brought the guards rushing to the cell. They forcibly seperated Alan from Craig, although the former seemed quite eager to continue his assault on the latter.

"It is all your fault," Alan yelled at Craig as he was being bundled out of the cell. "It is because of you and your Prince that my sister and I are here. Sucks to you! I will kill you the next time I catch you."

"I am very sorry. My brother can be unreasonable at times," Melissa pleaded with Craig after the guards had led Alan away.

"You call that unreasonable? I think st*pid is more like it," Craig replied angrily.

"He thinks he is trying to protect," Melissa continue as if he hadn't spoken.

"By battering my face?"

"No. By trying to break my association with the Prince. He always said the Prince only wants to sow his wild oats in me after which he will on go to marry Lady Mina," She explained.

Despite his anger against her brother, Craig saw the need to reassure Melissa of the Prince's love for her. "He is wrong. Very wrong. The Prince loves you with the whole of his heart and I can tell you, he feels nothing for Lady Mina."

Melissa wasn't convinced. "But she is betrothed to him. Why can't he break that arrangement off if he truly loves me?"

Tricky one, but Craig thought he knew exactly what to say. "He truly loves you, but he cannot just break a betrothal arrangement that has been made since his childhood without a geniune reason, which in this case is non existent because Lady Mina has done nothing wrong to him. I will implore you to be patient till he becomes the King. He can then break the arrangement off without anyone challenging him."

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2014
"Thanks for telling me this," She sighed in relief. "Did he send you here?"

"Er yes, he did," Craig lied through his teeth. "He wants you to know that he is coming to rescue you out soon."

"Rescue? You mean pay my ransome?"

"Yes."

Melissa broke into an expansive smile. "I knew it."

Craig shook his head inwardly as he realised how costly his lie was. He was lucky that Melissa was light-headed or gullible enough to have forgotten that he had asked her what she was doing in the cell some moments ago. While he did not doubt the fact that as long as Prince Galleine was alive, he would come in search of his girl. He only hoped it wouldn't be too late before he came.

To be continued. . .

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by mariemummy(f): 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
VanTee20:
REServed..

Can see uuuuuuuuuu. Waiting
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by mariemummy(f): 5:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
VanTee20:
REServed..

Can see uuuuuuuuuuuu. Waiting
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 20, 2014
Feed us more rice(updates)...good job man
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
Update complete. If you were here while I was updating, please scroll up to read the remainder.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:46pm On Nov 20, 2014
mariemummy:

Can see uuuuuuuuuu. Waiting

Done.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2014
haydot95:
Feed us more rice(updates)...good job man

I just served more rice.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Nobody: 7:01pm On Nov 20, 2014
VanTee20:

I just served more rice.
thanks boss
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Kennybix(m): 9:08pm On Nov 20, 2014
VanTeeee...more grease to your elbow
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 9:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
Kennybix:
VanTeeee...more grease to your elbow

Thank you sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Therock5555(m): 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
Oboy come continue abeg
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 11:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
Therock5555:
Oboy come continue abeg

next update is on saturday. Stay tuned sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Easy4reel(m): 12:28am On Nov 21, 2014
Wonderful storyline so far......... waiting patiently for next update!
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:32am On Nov 21, 2014
Easy4reel:
Wonderful storyline so far......... waiting patiently for next update!

Thanks sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by stuff46(m): 8:11am On Nov 21, 2014
nice one sire
that servant boy have done the worst by lieinq,sha prince na strong man. He go come after him.
Alan na him go marry him 6ta? Even if the prince wan use her make e try undrstand na.

The updates short somehow o
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by BabieGhagha(f): 8:40am On Nov 21, 2014
dis update is short ooo,buh sha sha u hv done well.d sky is ur starting point
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 9:38am On Nov 21, 2014
stuff46:
nice one sire
that servant boy have done the worst by lieinq,sha prince na strong man. He go come after him.
Alan na him go marry him 6ta? Even if the prince wan use her make e try undrstand na.

The updates short somehow o

No mind that Alan jare, the guy is a brute.

The update is short? Wow, I could have sworn it was longer than the last one I dropped. And nobody complained then. It's okay, I'll make the next one longer.

Thanks for airing your view sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 9:39am On Nov 21, 2014
BabieGhagha:
dis update is short ooo,buh sha sha u hv done well.d sky is ur starting point

I'll make the next one longer. Thanks ma.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by BabieGhagha(f): 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
VanTee20:

I'll make the next one longer. Thanks ma.
my pleasure
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by kingphilip(m): 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
wow never knew I was missing something beautiful here
great one vantee ur description is one in a million.. ride on boss u r gud

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

She Slept In The Kitchen And Won My Heart - Chukwuba Chiluba / Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler / How 2go Relationship Landed Me In Psychiatric Home ( Short Story) - Classcaptain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.