Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. (82972 Views)

Ade's Chronicle: A Tale / Lagos And Abuja: A Tale Of Two Cities. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by missuniverse(f): 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2014
VanTee20:

THE END

wattt!!

OF CHAPTER FOUR.

better

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 5:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
missuniverse:
Wattt!!

Better

Lol
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Easy4reel(m): 5:28am On Nov 01, 2014
'soonest'......u said.

Nice story though......

Full of suspense................

...............KEEP IT ROLLING..............
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 8:16am On Nov 02, 2014
Easy4reel:
'soonest'......u said.

Nice story though......

Full of suspense................

...............KEEP IT ROLLING..............

Thanks sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 7:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
Dedicated to birthday girl Faithgokz.

CHAPTER FIVE

Sir Millicent gently pushed open the door of Lady Suzannah's apartment. That was after he had knocked several times without getting any response. He peered into the living room to see it unoccupied and unlit, save a ray of moonlight that penetrated through a slit between the muslin curtains that adorned the window.

"Milady. Are you home?" He called, wondering what was wrong. Why would Lady Suzannah send her maid to call him when she knew she wasn't around?

"I am in the inner chamber," a feminine voice replied from deep inside the house. No doubt it was lady Suzannah's.

Sir Millicent literally groped his way through the dark room to the inner room. Why didn't she answer the knock anyway? He wondered.

Lady Suzannah sat on a high stool in a corner of the room with her back to the door. She was a tall, middle aged woman with a sweet face and the body of a goddess. Being the widow of a high ranking lord, she was a powerful figure in the Casvillean society, but she wielded another kind of power that only a very few people knew about-Sorcery. Through her immense magical powers, she had learnt of Millicent's plan to usurp the King and she had offered to help him with the condition that he will repay her 'kindness' with him constantly rolling in the hay with her.

"What are you doing?" Sir Millicent asked when she did not turn to face him, although he was quite sure that she was aware of his presence.

Lady Suzannah turned one hundred and eighty degrees to face him. "I was busy making this for you."

Sir Millicent looked intently at what she was holding out to him. It was a golden amulet with some inscriptions on it.

"What is it for?"

"It is to help you win your jousting match tomorrow," She answered.

The smile on Sir Millicent's handsome face promptly morphed into a frown. "Is this how lowly you now regard me? Thinking I need some talisman to beat a second star knight?"

"You know, he is not even a knight. He is only a boy."

"What are you talking about?"

Lady Suzannah sighed, a heavy sigh. "I know what I'm saying. The person you are going to fight against at the colosseum tomorrow is not really a Knight. He is just a boy, a squire who is fighting in the place of his Knight lord for some obscure reasons."

"Now this boy has a special destiny. He will never fall to any human in battle. You can never defeat no matter how good you are, except magic is involved, which is what I'm trying to do now," She further explained to the disconcerted Knight.

"So this thing will help me defeat him?"

"It should. I know it will sap his energy during the fight, but you still have to fight very hard to win, otherwise you might end up tieing again."

"A tie is just as bad as a loss for me. I must win."

"I know," Lady Suzannah said with a chuckle. "Wait a little time for me to finish casting the spell on the amulet."

Sir Millicent took his seat on another high stool with his mind deep in thought about Lady Suzannah's latest revelation while she went through her seemingly endless lines of magical words.

"Come to bed," Lady Suzannah said with a seductive smile while patting the bed space beside her gently. She had completed the enchantment process and had slipped into her Aurora bed.

Sir Millicent shook off the disturbing thoughts that manacled his mind and focused on the alluring woman who was beckoning him to bed. He felt a familiar stirring in his loin as he keenly watched her seductive antics. He quickly kicked off his combat boots, tarried a moment to blow out the candle on the worktable and then dived under the sheets, into Lady Suzannah's waiting arms.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 7:24pm On Nov 06, 2014

Marcus froze. He had just heard a knock on his door. Something that had not happened in the whole three days he had been in Austieres to participate in the tournament in the place of his Knight master. It was a very risky thing to do, he could be sent to gaol if he was caught which was the reason why he wasn't thrilled at the prospect of entertaing a guest.

He held back for a few moments with a glimmering hope that the person knocking would go away after the first knock but that faint hope was quickly dashed as the knock came again, longer and louder.

Marcus groaned. He had to open the door if he did not want to attract attention.

"Who is it?" He asked as he dragged himself across to open the door.

"Helena," A girl's voice replied.

Marcus felt an unusual combination of relief and uneasiness. Relief because it wasn't the guards that had come to arrest him as he had feared. Uneasiness because he had to deal with a girl, something he did not always enjoy doing especially when the girl is the pretty type.

Marcus opened the door and saw, to his greater discomfiture, the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his young life.

"Hello. Does Sir Maxime live here?" She asked with a smile.

"Er... No... Yes," Marcus muttered incoherently.

Helena gave a short laugh. "Which one will you have me believe?"

"He lives here," He confessed. He couldn't have done otherwise. Her large beautiful eyes seemed to bore into his mind using his own eyes as window and in some explicable way they, her eyes, compelled him to say the truth.

"Is he around? I would very much like to see him."

"I... I am him," Marcus mumbled. Damn those eyes.

"You are who? Sir Maxime?" She eyed him, not believing that this lad could be the excellent Knight who had astonished everyone at the colosseum yesterday. The Knight she had fallen in love with.

"Not exactly. I am his squire. He fell sick just before the tournament and I decided to fight in his place."

"With his knowledge?"

"No," Marcus replied with a twinge of embrassment. "Don't tell anyone please," He quickly pleaded.

Helena studied this boy with renewed interest. He was in his late teens like herself, or so he looked. He did not have a warrior's look, no bulging muscles or hard lined face. He looked simple, harmless and well, sweet.

"I think you should worry less about me telling anyone and more about your fight with Sir Millicent later today."

Marcus shrugged. "I'm not really bothered about that."

"You think you can beat him?"

"I don't know. I'll just give my best and then hope it is good enough to defeat him."

"That's right," Helena agreed. "What is your name?"

"Marcus."

"Nice name," She commented and then proceeded to untie her scarf.

"Why are you giving me your scarf?" Marcus asked when she held it out to him.

"Take it. It is to fetch you luck in the fight," She explained. "I'll be back to see you after the joust."

With that, they bade each other goodbye. Helena left, swaying her hips as she walked out. Marcus tore his eyes off her retreating figure and went on to resume what he had been doing before she arrived; packing his belongings in preparation for leaving Austieres before the time scheduled for his deciding joust with Sir Millicent. He just could not afford to face Sir Millicent one on one in the colosseum. Not that he was scared of him, no. Only that the risks of being found out was too high. He had to leave now or be doomed.

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 7:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
Update 100% complete.

Aydesmond & Hussynah, I saw you smiley. Waiting for your comments cheesy.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by faithgokz(f): 10:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
Thank you Vantee20 grin i appreciate dear kiss
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Aydesmond(m): 2:50am On Nov 07, 2014
omg... will this guy really runaway

vantee20. oya oooo
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:49am On Nov 07, 2014
faithgokz:
Thank you Vantee20 grin i appreciate dear kiss

You are welcome smiley
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:50am On Nov 07, 2014
Aydesmond:
omg... will this guy really runaway

vantee20. oya oooo

E don run this one already o. Lol

coming. . .
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Easy4reel(m): 8:36am On Nov 07, 2014
A good and 'Merlinic' story there.....................following you 'twitterly'
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 11:30am On Nov 07, 2014
Easy4reel:
A good and 'Merlinic' story there.....................following you 'twitterly'

Lolzzzzzz. Thanks for following sir.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
No more comments?

Okay.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Jiteshell(f): 7:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
VanTee20:
No more comments?

Okay.
Waiting for another update before I comment
lipsrsealed opps I just commented
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 8:09pm On Nov 07, 2014
Jiteshell:

Waiting for another update before I comment
lipsrsealed opps I just commented

The same way you commented after I dropped the previous updates abi?

I understand.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
Just stumbled on this...pretty interesting so far,good job boss
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Jiteshell(f): 4:14am On Nov 08, 2014
VanTee20:

The same way you commented after I dropped the previous updates abi?

I understand.
embarassed
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2014
haydot95:
Just stumbled on this...pretty interesting so far,good job boss

Thank you sir
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2014
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Igbentosan(f): 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2014
Nice one,just as if I was seeing a movie.I feel Sir milicent has come to over throne the king because from his description he doesn't look like one who has been in prison.I feel sir milicent lied about what happened to him
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
VanTee20:

Thank you sir
when are you updating sire?!
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Ybholy(m): 2:21pm On Nov 16, 2014
Glo 300GB Cheat For One Year is Out Now!

Glo Unlimited November Cheat is here again. Dont miss this one out if you are still in Nigeria.

● Think of browsing TDB (Till Day Break).

● Think of chatting with her till eternity .

● Think of sending her unlimited whatsapp messages all the year round.

● What else will you think of with it :- Streaming ? Uploading Youtube Videos ? Sending Images To her ? Posting on Your Website ?
Lols !

Get The Activation Code Now - http://.com/2014/11/16/glo-300gb-cheat-one-year-now-dont-miss/
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 16, 2014
please spare a minute and visit www.trendsnaija.com
=======================================

1 Share

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by BabieGhagha(f): 3:49pm On Nov 16, 2014
i dey follow u lyk hunc.hback,feel u lyk feland love ur story lyk egusi soup

1 Like

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:01pm On Nov 16, 2014
Just seeing my story on frontpage and I must confess I am too wowed for words. I must say a big thank you to the mods and the readers (Easy4reel, Jiteshell, Aydesmond, Faithgokz, Iebanehita, haydot95, missuniverse, Ohugbeair, Nelxsantos, Tovot, Sheenor, Ollyfad, Divepen, TiffanyJ, Therock5555, Texanomaly, MissFibre, oyestephen, Dammol, Neduzze5, MightyFortress, Damex333, Redmosquito, FoxyFlow, Fatalveli and a host of others whose name has momentarily slipped my memory).

A special thanks to Larrysun for making this happen.

All things being equal, I'll drop an update later in the evening. Stay tuned, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:04pm On Nov 16, 2014
Igbentosan:
Nice one,just as if I was seeing a movie.I feel Sir milicent has come to over throne the king because from his description he doesn't look like one who has been in prison.I feel sir milicent lied about what happened to him

You are right about Sir Millicent. Let's watch as the story unfolds.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by VanTee20(m): 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2014
BabieGhagha:
i dey follow u lyk hunc.hback,feel u lyk feland love ur story lyk egusi soup

Thanks ma.
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by nick16: 6:25pm On Nov 16, 2014
hmmm. I luv your work jor. *thumbs up*
Re: A Tale Of Legends: Perfidy. by buccal(m): 10:13pm On Nov 16, 2014
Following. welldone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

She Slept In The Kitchen And Won My Heart - Chukwuba Chiluba / Diary Of A Heartbroken Hustler / How 2go Relationship Landed Me In Psychiatric Home ( Short Story) - Classcaptain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.