Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,455 members, 7,801,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified (1761 Views)

Toks Rx 350, 2010 - 2015 For Sale In / Urgent Request For Toyota Avalon 07 And Lexus 350 Or 330 Registered / Reg 2007 S-350 (2010 Upgrade) 4.7m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by jidewura(m): 11:11pm On Sep 17, 2014
I thought really hard before posting this because i wouldn't want to affect someone's business, but this is really criminal. I felt it was the right thing to do to prevent others being deceived.
I contacted ideaautosgate this afternoon looking to buy the car, he sent me the images and VIN details of the car,

The images he sent me shows that the mileage on the car is 9703 (VIN number you sent me is - 2T2BK1BA6AC020500)
I bought an autocheck report just before deciding on buying the car, the Autocheck report shows that the vehicle had a mileage of 109,975 miles when it was sold at auction on the 7th of July 2014.

This is theft and you guys waste the time of innocent buyers when you do this fraudulent stuff. 2T2BK1BA6AC020500

I have attached the autocheck reports as well as photos you sent me to this post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by leuelliot(m): 11:36pm On Sep 17, 2014
Thank God you had access to autocheck. It's a sad practice being carried out by some dealers
Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by 735i(m): 11:45pm On Sep 17, 2014
Ideagatesautos you better come and clear the air before Amadioha will feature Sango in the thunder that is about to strike you angry angry

9 Likes

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by Ideagatesauto: 12:20am On Sep 18, 2014
@jidewura, I'm sorry for d misrepresentation. But sincerely I don't hold back my vins cos I have no secrets in my dealings . I have a sound reputation on nairaland .
It's my fault for failing to run a check on the said vehicle myself . I have a lot of vehicles and sometimes I advertize vehicles for colleagues also . But to resort to calling me a fraud ,that's just taking it too far . All u had to do was call my attention to your finding and not resorting to slander . Based on your checks you can see both accident and flood reports are free . Guess we all learn to be thorough everyday. I doubt if any dealer or client of mine both on nairaland or elsewhere would refer to me as a fraud . Thanks for the update though.

6 Likes

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by goldenval(m): 12:49am On Sep 18, 2014
@op, that is not a fraud because you never knew if he was actually helping someone to market the said car and is not his fault!.

Pls change the headline because I was thinking he defraud you of your money at initially stage.
Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by bumdish: 2:22am On Sep 18, 2014
goldenval: @op, that is not a fraud because you never knew if he was actually helping someone to market the said car and is not his fault!.

Pls change the headline because I was thinking he defraud you of your money at initially stage.

What do you mean by "this is not fraud"?
How else do you define fraud?
Why would the dealer send a fraudulently and illegally altered odometer reading to an intending client and then come up with a patchy story after verification?
What prevented the said dealer from doing his disclaimer from the word go?
Do you think this transaction wouldn't have been consummated on false pretense if the buyer had not taken extra precaution?

Seller is either sloppy or dodgy on this one.

7 Likes

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by Nobody: 3:24am On Sep 18, 2014
Ideagatesauto: @jidewura, I'm sorry for d misrepresentation. But sincerely I don't hold back my vins cos I have no secrets in my dealings . I have a sound reputation on nairaland .
It's my fault for failing to run a check on the said vehicle myself . I have a lot of vehicles and sometimes I advertize vehicles for colleagues also . But to resort to calling me a fraud ,that's just taking it too far . All u had to do was call my attention to your finding and not resorting to slander . Based on your checks you can see both accident and flood reports are free . Guess we all learn to be thorough everyday. I doubt if any dealer or client of mine both on nairaland or elsewhere would refer to me as a fraud . Thanks for the update though.

It's not slander if it's true. You have no leg to stand on in court, trust me.

I don't know if you're a fraud or not but this transaction was an attempted fraud on the person of the OP. Easy peasy.

Personally, I think asking he OP to beleive that this car has not had an accident or flood is reaching. Not all accidents or occurrences are reported or captured on the report.

OP, thank you from the bottom of my heart for having the courage to make this post.

Mr. Dealer, I hope that you've learned a good lesson here, that people are not all gullible, that they have tools now. This is not a death kneel to your business but a learning opportunity so I will take easy with the threats.

1 Like

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by Nobody: 3:25am On Sep 18, 2014
bumdish:

What do you mean by "this is not fraud"?
How else do you define fraud?
Why would the dealer send a fraudulently and illegally altered odometer reading to an intending client and then come up with a patchy story after verification?
What prevented the said dealer from doing his disclaimer from the word go?
Do you think this transaction wouldn't have been consummated on false pretense if the buyer had not taken extra precaution?

Seller is either sloppy or dodgy on this one.

Thank you. This meets any and all definition of attempted fraud.
Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by Nobody: 3:26am On Sep 18, 2014
Seun, from our previous discussion regarding "disappearing threads", this is a perfect example of a thread that has a very high risk of disappearing.

Make it so that this does not happen. Just a suggestion anyways.

4 Likes

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by chelseabmw(m): 6:56am On Sep 18, 2014
Op, sorry for this experience and you were so smart enough to go through the car's history.

Seriously there is no way I wouldn't check through the history because of the low mileage. How will a 2010 lexus have just 9k plus mileage on it? That is impossible!

Only a flooded or salvaged car that was parked for a long time can come with such mileage. 2010 is 4yrs not 4months.

@idea
Just stop this story of having too many cars and all. The rollback was obviously done in nigeria and you are responsible

6 Likes

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by aieromon(m): 7:36am On Sep 18, 2014
The mileage is ridiculously low enough to warrant suspicion from the seller(if it's not his car) and a potential buyer. It seems like an odometer rollback gone wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by WoodcrestMayor(m): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2014
@cardealer,with your said experience in the game,how do u want us to believe u knew nothing abt the mileage ish?
Even sum1 as inexperienced as me wuld smell rat wen I see dat kinda mileage on a car as old as dat.

Letz assume dis case goes to court,negligence on your part is gonna be your only defense?undecided

1 Like

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by jidewura(m): 9:24am On Sep 18, 2014
I have now modified the post heading after I got an email from Ideagatesautos (the email simply claims he was not aware of the odometer change, since I don't know him personally I have no reason not to accept his words, although i believe that as car dealer your responsibility is to both your seller and buyer after all you would have made a good commission from this sale. below is my email response to him.

Hi pls note that my intention was not to do wrong but I got really annoyed by car sellers fraudulent activities, of the six VIN numbers I was sent by many all but one checked out, this us very time consuming, frustrating and costly as I have to pay to access the reports. I will make the changes as requested but please you also, as a car dealer need to be more careful.
Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by Shagati(m): 9:31am On Sep 18, 2014
I have always wondered myself why less than 5% of cars advertised on NL have mileage over 100k miles. Even cars as old as 2001!!!
A specific model search sorted by price on any of the major sites (cars.com, autotrader, mobile.de etc) will throw up at least 150k-220k miles for the cheapest 10-15 cars.

But rollback from 100k to 9k

People get mind o!

2 Likes

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by hibro117(m): 9:31am On Sep 18, 2014
@All,I am a dealer n' have transacted with Ideasgate countless times. I've never had cause to regret doing biz with him. Whatever happened regarding d odometer must have been a kindda mistake which he(ideagates) tried to explain. He sends me car VINs even before I asked for it. I can't understand all d fuss abt tampering of d odometer. He is not a fraud n' will neva be one. He's an upright bizman 2 d core. I would implore u guys calling him names here 2 desist from such cos most of u,including OP,are worse than anyone can imagine. None of you guys are saints n' will never be. As for OP dat raised d false alarm,am begging u (and your cohorts) now to watch whatever you say as I might come back to haunt you sooner than you expect. A word is enough.
Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by chelseabmw(m): 9:41am On Sep 18, 2014
hibro117: @All,I am a dealer n' have transacted with Ideasgate countless times. I've never had cause to regret doing biz with him. Whatever happened regarding d odometer must have been a kindda mistake which he(ideagates) tried to explain. He sends me car VINs even before I asked for it. I can't understand all d fuss abt tampering of d odometer. He is not a fraud n' will neva be one. He's an upright bizman 2 d core. I would implore u guys calling him names here 2 desist from such cos most of u,including OP,are worse than anyone can imagine. None of you guys are saints n' will never be. As for OP dat raised d false alarm,am begging u (and your cohorts) now to watch whatever you say as I might come back to haunt you sooner than you expect. A word is enough.

Just shut your mouth up..... with ur first post,the first thing you could do was to claim you are a car dealer here. I don't know you and you are not part of our records. You must be silly to think 99.9% of people here will believe you.

Am I disappointed? No I'm not

12 Likes

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by jidewura(m): 12:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
hibro117: @All,I am a dealer n' have transacted with Ideasgate countless times. I've never had cause to regret doing biz with him. Whatever happened regarding d odometer must have been a kindda mistake which he(ideagates) tried to explain. He sends me car VINs even before I asked for it. I can't understand all d fuss abt tampering of d odometer. He is not a fraud n' will neva be one. He's an upright bizman 2 d core. I would implore u guys calling him names here 2 desist from such cos most of u,including OP,are worse than anyone can imagine. None of you guys are saints n' will never be. As for OP dat raised d false alarm,am begging u (and your cohorts) now to watch whatever you say as I might come back to haunt you sooner than you expect. A word is enough.

Please be careful what you say cause you don't know anything about me neither who i am. If you read my post correctly i said i thought really hard about this before posting it, i can post another four vehicle VIN reports (from other supposed dealers) right now with insurance write-offs being passed off as clean vehicles to Nairalanders.

Ideagates has reached me by email and i believe i have done what is expected of me, which is to give him the benefit of the doubt, however, it still doesn't remove the fact that a vehicle is for sale with over 100K shaved off its mileage. If Ideagates was not aware of the changes before he posted then he ought to be more careful as he has a duty to his clients.

When this Auto section started, people dealt with reputable car dealers, my first two cars were bought from dealers on this site. If you dealers do not do something about the problems in this section it will ultimately kill your business.

I am not malicious nor have any negative intentions towards anyone but it would be nice to have some confidence in the dealers that come here to display their vehicles.

I insist that Moderators should enforce that ALL cars advertised MUST have their VIN and mileage included.

6 Likes

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 18, 2014

Trust me on this, you've just done more harm than good.

There was an attempted fraud here.

1 Like

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by Eyop: 2:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
jidewura: I thought really hard before posting this because i wouldn't want to affect someone's business, but this is really criminal. I felt it was the right thing to do to prevent others being deceived.
I contacted ideaautosgate this afternoon looking to buy the car, he sent me the images and VIN details of the car,

The images he sent me shows that the mileage on the car is 9703 (VIN number you sent me is - 2T2BK1BA6AC020500)
I bought an autocheck report just before deciding on buying the car, the Autocheck report shows that the vehicle had a mileage of 109,975 miles when it was sold at auction on the 7th of July 2014.

This is theft and you guys waste the time of innocent buyers when you do this fraudulent stuff. 2T2BK1BA6AC020500

I have attached the autocheck reports as well as photos you sent me to this post.

You are really a smart man @ OP. If you look at the instrument cluster,you will notice that the airbag sign on it which is a clear sign of an accidented vehicle. Not all accidents are reported on Carfax or Autocheck and if the dealer claims that he wasn't aware of this,before even creating a thread for advertisement,he ought to have done a VIN check on this SUV before. Imagine a 2010 SUV having an ODO of 9,000 plus shocked there are some 2014 that have mileage of over 80,000 not to talk of 2010. One must be extremely careful with some dealers.

1 Like

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by dBard: 2:50pm On Sep 18, 2014

RUBBISH..
An experienced car dealer should/would suspect something fishy wit dat kinda mileage
saying' none of u guys are saints' is a really pathetic attempt@a defense.

Question, if d o.p had paid b4 d discovery, would he have bin upright enuff t do d needful? ??

Nonsense n ingredients

@o.p, Thank God for wisdom

3 Likes

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by Nobody: 3:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
Eyop:

You are really a smart man @ OP. If you look at the instrument cluster,you will notice that the airbag sign on it which is a clear sign of an accidented vehicle. Not all accidents are reported on Carfax or Autocheck and if the dealer claims that he wasn't aware of this,before even creating a thread for advertisement,he ought to have done a VIN check on this SUV before. Imagine a 2010 SUV having an ODO of 9,000 plus shocked there are some 2014 that have mileage of over 80,000 not to talk of 2010. One must be extremely careful with some dealers.

Nope you're incorrect.

An airbag light doesn't necessarily mean that the car has been in an accident. It simply denotes a fault with the airbag system.

On my race cars I remove the airbags and install aftermarket steering wheels and this will cause the airbag lights to be illuminated.
Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by Eyop: 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
CityNG:

Nope you're incorrect.

An airbag light doesn't necessarily mean that the car has been in an accident. It simply denotes a fault with the airbag system.

On my race cars I remove the airbags and install aftermarket steering wheels and this will cause the airbag lights to be illuminated.
I may be correct,it is a 50:50 thing. It's only after it has been checked and confirmed that you can use the word incorrect. I know an airbag can be faulty but that's an important area to check very well before going ahead to transact. I have experienced that in the past.
Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
Eyop:
I may be correct,it is a 50:50 thing. It's only after it has been checked and confirmed that you can use the word incorrect. I know an airbag can be faulty but that's an important area to check very well before going ahead to transact. I have experienced that in the past.

What you said was "notice that the airbag sign on it which is a clear sign of an accidented vehicle".

You are wrong and please do not compound the issue at hand with innuendoes. All that the dealer is accused of is odometer rollback.

You don't have the facts on hand to ascertain if this vehicle has ever been in an accident.

I know you will argue this fact till daybreak but I won't and will stop here and just let you continue to wallow in your ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by Eyop: 3:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
CityNG:

What you said was "notice that the airbag sign on it which is a clear sign of an accidented vehicle".

You are wrong and please do not compound the issue at hand with innuendoes. All that the dealer is accused of is odometer rollback.

You don't have the facts on hand to ascertain if this vehicle has ever been in an accident.

I know you will argue this fact till daybreak but I will stop here and just let you continue to wallow in your ignorance.

Well,my previous statement "a clear sign of an accidented vehicle" was wrong but that illumination should be checked before transacting. My opinion anyway as you are entitled to yours. Thank you!
Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
What are u saying
So cos we are not saints we shuld chide d OP for posting dis?undecided

Dis your post can implicate you know?...more like admitting init?undecided...Mscheeewwww
Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by Cosplay: 2:53pm On May 01, 2018
Gravediggers and instigators grin
Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by MurderX: 4:30pm On May 01, 2018
With the new Mileage, abeg how much for the car now?
Re: Lexus 350 2010 (mileage Altered) - modified by bojokayode(m): 4:43pm On May 01, 2018
So sorry for your experience but sincerely people are greedy.Its on Nairaland here that you find out people know too much. You see a 1999-2003 car with a mileage of 160k-200k and you say it's too high... That's almost 20yrs old. So why do you think sellers won't go to that level of reducing mileage just to sell. A car you bought two years ago has gone more miles than d one covered abroad. Let's just be real with things and stop forming smart when we are actually not.
Again OP sorry for your experience and seller just correct the mistakes....

(1) (Reply)

Registered 2004 V70xc Volvo In Benin@420k / *Sold Registered 2004 Toyota Sienna @affordable Price 1.150k / Very Clean Toks Ford Galaxy 99 @ 750k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.