Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,643 members, 7,801,870 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:57 AM

A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students (6306 Views)

UNIMAID Dental Student Dies 3 Days After Oath-taking (photo) / Thread For Dentistry Education (Dental Doctors, Students And Aspirants) / Dentistry And Dental Surgery As A Career In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Josh1000: 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2014
This is a thread for all students of dentistry and dental surgery and aspirants. We had one that made the front page but went with the Nairaland data loss unfortunately.. I hope the mods make up for that by putting this on front page
We can meet here and discuss different issues relating to Dentistry ... The national dental students conference hosted by unilag had come and gone, it was really unfortunate not to discuss that here. We can use this thread to discuss subsequent issues anyway!
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Josh1000: 10:12am On Sep 18, 2014
I hope the mods keep this thread back on front page
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Josh1000: 10:12am On Sep 18, 2014
I hope the mods keep this thread back on front page
The NL memory loss was unfortunate
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
cc: eby001
Omonoba1
dapsondou
XavierG
Sulemanmathew
ashhascash
and my guy moshood Damo53
i dey come o!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Omonoba1: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
umm! good to be back! you forgot to mention the boss of bosses Osahon7
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nice one!
Just got admission though, will need to learn from bosses here.
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
XavierG: Nice one!
Just got admission though, will need to learn from bosses here.
dude,were u contacted after you paid your acceptance fees?
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 18, 2014
preciousjoz1: dude,were u contacted after you paid your acceptance fees?

Not at all.
Were you?
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
XavierG:

Not at all.
Were you?
same here
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by ashhascash: 12:40am On Sep 19, 2014
tanx for d mention @preciousJoz1

Wassup all, it feels cool to be bak here

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Gideon16(m): 7:55am On Sep 19, 2014
I feel good to b here. pls I will love our senior 2 list wat d course entail and d courses we will do 4rm yr 1 to final yr.
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Gideon16: I feel good to b here. pls I will love our senior 2 list wat d course entail and d courses we will do 4rm yr 1 to final yr.
Oya boss eby001 and boss Osahon7
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nna man, when I remember what registered Dentists are paid in US, Canada and Australia, I start wishing I were one.
Chai una dy enjoy money overseas shah.

*runs away*
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Joeself1(m): 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
nice thread

am aspirant though !
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Gideon16(m): 11:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
abeg make d mod take dis post 2 front page na.
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by eby001(m): 4:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
preciousjoz1: Oya boss eby001 and boss Osahon7
preciousj it been long I visit nairLNd how are u doing
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
eby001:
preciousj it been long I visit nairLNd how are u doing
I'm okay bro.i've been thinking:why dont you give us some kind of advice,course to study e.t.c. like an orientation on what to expect.
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by eby001(m): 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
preciousjoz1: I'm okay bro.i've been thinking:why dont you give us some kind of advice,course to study e.t.c. like an orientation on what to expect.
ok but it all be short
before giving u any tutorial , my no 1 for u
is to be yourself.
2. diligence is the key.
3.seek advice from senior colleagues who are like minds I mean serious.

being brilliant may set you apart but if you are not hardworking it will set your downfall.
I won't be able to go further cause I'm really being percussed in posting today. time to read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
eby001:
ok but it all be short
before giving u any tutorial , my no 1 for u
is to be yourself.
2. diligence is the key.
3.seek advice from senior colleagues who are like minds I mean serious.

being brilliant may set you apart but if you are not hardworking it will set your downfall.
I won't be able to go further cause I'm really being percussed in posting today. time to read
ahh,thanks...really appreciated
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by damo53(m): 8:37am On Oct 18, 2014
Wow..... Thank God d thread is back... Joz I sight u... Na dentistry dem give u for ife?? Greet all my ogas in d house..
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
damo53:
Wow..... Thank God d thread is back... Joz I sight u... Na dentistry dem give u for ife?? Greet all my ogas in d house..
ahh my guy.I had to write another Jamb since I was a few marks behind, I later applied got Dentistry at U.I though
.I guess it's true when they said "what doesnt kill you make you stronger". u still dey whatsapp or bbm? BTW...come give orientation, courses plus every other thing we need.
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by damo53(m): 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2014
preciousjoz1:
ahh my guy.I had to write another Jamb since I was a few marks behind, I later applied got Dentistry at U.I though
.I guess it's true when they said "what doesnt kill you make you stronger". u still dey whatsapp or bbm? BTW...come give orientation, courses plus every other thing we need.
... Give me ur number...... Wow that's good... Wish u all d best.......
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2014
damo53:
... Give me ur number...... Wow that's good... Wish u all d best.......
whatsapp me on 08111892992
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by damo53(m): 8:32am On Oct 24, 2014
Weytin dey sup
Nw
....... Dis place dry fa.... Wr r d ogas.... Make it lifely abeg,,,
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Joshuadon: 10:18am On Oct 24, 2014
the bad boys...........................anyway you guys are on point....

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 9:08am On Oct 25, 2014
^^^^
lmao
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 25, 2014
Dentistry is the branch of the healing arts
and sciences devoted to maintaining oral
health. It is a dynamic health profession,
offering opportunities to become a
successful, highly respected member of the
community.
Dentists enjoy excellent compensation and
the high demand for dental care is likely to
continue in the future. The realization that
oral health can have a serious impact on
systemic health drives the expansion of new
professional opportunities each year.
Careers in dentistry
Endodontics – diagnosis and treatment of
injuries that are specific to the dental nerves
and pulp (matter inside the tooth).
Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology - study and
research of the causes, processes, and
effects of diseases with oral manifestations.
Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology - taking and
interpretation of conventional, digital, CT,
MRI, and allied imaging modalities of oral-
facial structures and disease.
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery – diagnostic
services and treatment for injuries, diseases,
and defects of the neck, head jaw, and
associated structures.
Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics –
diagnosis andtreatment of problems related
to irregular dental development, missing
teeth, and other abnormalities.
Pediatric Dentistry – treatment of children
from birth to adolescence.
Periodontics - corrective surgery on gums
and supporting bones to treat gum disease.
Prosthodontics - restoration and replacement
of teeth damaged by decay, lost from trauma
or disease, with fixed or removable
appliances constructed with newly developed
dental material.
Dental Public Health - development
of policies and programs, such as health
care reform, that affect the community at large.
What you may not realize is that dentistry is
an artistic as well as scientific profession.
Ask yourself these questions:
Do you enjoy interacting with and helping
people?
Would you like a career that offers challenge
and variety?
Would you enjoy being self-employed?
Are you interested in helping people maintain
and improve their oral health?
Do you have good manual dexterity and
spatial judgement?
Do you have keen memory and a strong
interest and ability in science?
The scope of a dentist's work is much
broader today than ever before. Dentists are
oral health experts. They have the skills,
training and expertise to know how the health
of your teeth, gums and mouth relate to your
general health.
Today's dentists do more than drill and fill
patients' teeth; they perform a wide variety of
procedures and functions. Though some
dentists specialize or develop expertise in
particular areas, the number and range of
services that dentists provide has steadily
grown.
It's a noble profession indeed.
Sources: explorehealthcareers.org
canadiandentalassociation
#copied...written by josh1000

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Creativity14(m): 12:30pm On Dec 22, 2014
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Pr0ton: 12:44pm On Dec 22, 2014
Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by ashhascash: 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
Creativity14:
Hello Everyone. I'm just a fresher in OAU. I like the thread. Anyone willing to join the Nigerian Dentistry group on whatsapp should please kindly add this phone number; 07083422761. Thanks.

Fresher? Oau? 100lvl? Name?
too many questions i knw wink
#curiousClassmate

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by Creativity14(m): 7:03pm On Dec 25, 2014
ashhascash:

Fresher? Oau? 100lvl? Name?
too many questions i knw wink
#curiousClassmate

Re: A Thread For Dentistry And Dental Surgery Students by mesoade(m): 9:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
What's dentistry employment rate?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Agree With This? Hilarious Photo / Jamb Online Registration Now N6000 Plus / These Photos Prove That 'craze' Did Not Start In This Generation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.