Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,276 members, 7,780,626 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:01 PM

Two types of "likes" on profile image (old & new likes) - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Two types of "likes" on profile image (old & new likes) (2273 Views)

What Was Your Highest Likes On Nairaland? / Capture Image From Webcam And Store In Mysql Database From C Sharp Winform / Vb.net Code To Display Image In Picturebox From Sql Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Two types of "likes" on profile image (old & new likes) by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
priscaoge:
Seriously d 1st day I saw it,that's exactly what came to my mindcheesycheesycheesy,U are so rightcheesycheesy
I actually accused Unibenstudent of taking back his like the day I noticed it...hahahaha
The old like/new likes doesn't make sense to me.
If @all the old like(s) should remain, it should be made personal for my viewing pleasure only.

1 Like

Re: Two types of "likes" on profile image (old & new likes) by Enoquin(f): 5:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
adexsimply: LMAO!!!!! grin grin grin grin

cheesy cheesy
Re: Two types of "likes" on profile image (old & new likes) by priscaoge(f): 6:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
I actually accused Unibenstudent of taking back his like the day I noticed it...hahahaha
The old like/new likes doesn't make sense to me.
If @all the old like(s) should remain, it should be made personal for my viewing pleasure only.
cheesycheesycheesycheesy...It was funny seriously,I actually thought that one of my Hommies clicked d 'Unlike' buttongringringrin I don't understand d brain behind that reduction of Likes since they wanna keep track of the 'Old Likes'undecided

1 Like

Re: Two types of "likes" on profile image (old & new likes) by lepasharon(f): 9:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
Oh.. I see,I get it now.
Re: Two types of "likes" on profile image (old & new likes) by slinkman(m): 8:44am On Sep 19, 2014
REMOVE THE DANG LIKES FROM THE PROFILE PICS
Re: Two types of "likes" on profile image (old & new likes) by asalimpo(m): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2014
kobonaire:
I actually think that the "likes" on a profile picture is a good idea. If fellow NLers like your profile picture it's a good way of leaving feedback by pressing "like". Where I differ in opinion is in the display of "old likes". I think that the "old likes" should not be displayed to other users or the general public but only to the account holder. This way only the owner of the profile will be able to see the "old likes" and I believe this will make sense as only that user knows which previous picture was there. Other users cannot keep track of which previous picture a user had on their profile.
Of course the "old likes" information provides just historical context to the profile owner because even if the user restores the previous profile picture I do not think that the "previous likes" should be restored as there is no way to determine if the user has actually restored the previous image and not a new one. I do not believe that NL stores previous profile pictures in the database - it instead just stores the "number of likes" of that particular image.

Makes so much sense. Some information on members profiles shud b private. Two accumulating and reporting information on data tht isnt there (former pix) is worthless activity.

1 Like

Re: Two types of "likes" on profile image (old & new likes) by asalimpo(m): 8:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
If the user changes 20 pix on their profile, the like counter only reflects for two. Y not all,if at all?
Re: Two types of "likes" on profile image (old & new likes) by kobonaire(m): 5:56am On Sep 22, 2014
asalimpo:
If the user changes 20 pix on their profile, the like counter only reflects for two. Y not all,if at all?
abeg oh, you wan make NL's server crash again grin
Re: Two types of "likes" on profile image (old & new likes) by kobonaire(m): 7:21am On Jan 12, 2015
Good to be back but NL has not changed oh ....

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Block Internet Connection For Coreldraw / Android Developers Drop Your Published Apps Here / Who wants Free Crytocurrecy Buy and Sell Script?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.