Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua (1034 Views)

Rivers State PDP Is Facing Hard Times... / PDP Compiling List Of APC Governors, Candidates Facing Corruption Charges –metuh / Jonathan To Workers: Get Ready For Hard Times, Be Realistic With Your Demands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua by spectramissile: 5:21am On Sep 18, 2014
Founder of the Synagogue Church of all Nations, Prophet Temitope Joshua, says he has been facing hard times since the collapse of his church guesthouse in Lagos.
He, has however said that he would survive the trying times.
A six-storey guesthouse belonging to the church collapsed last Friday, killing no fewer than 80 persons.
A message on SCOAN official Facebook page quotes TB Joshua as saying that he would not be “destroyed” by the incident.
“Hard times may test me, they cannot destroy me,” TB Joshua said, adding, “To withstand hard times, stand with Christ. When you face trials, hard times, you can count it all joy if you add faith.”
Quoting the Bible, TB Joshua appeared to be reaching out to his thousands of followers across the world via the social network, just as he stated that God sometimes makes use of hard times to “draw us to Himself.”
According to TB Joshua, God visits His people with hard times because people often become “proud and stupid with wealth and pleasure.”
He added, “It is through hard times that you gain the necessary experience and maturity to handle whatever responsibility given you. We are most likely to go astray from God and forget Him when things are easy with us in the world because we often become proud and stupid with wealth and pleasure.
“God visits His people with hard times that they may learn His way. His ways, though hard to the ungodly men, are desirable and profitable because they lead us to safety unto eternal life. God allowed the enemy to overcome Israel so that they may learn the difference between serving God and serving the devil.
“If not for our hard times, we would not have sought the face of God. I mean, if not because of hard times, man by his wicked nature, would not have sought the face of God. This means, God sometimes uses hard times to draw us to Him so that we can take our proper position and possession in Him.
But despite his words of admonition, some commentators appeared to be sore with the popular televangelist.
A South African public affairs commentator, Allan Taylor, expressed concerns over the number his compatriots lost in the tragedy.
South African President, Jacob Zuma, on Tuesday noted that in recent times, the country had not witnessed the death of a large number of her citizens in one incident in a foreign land.
Taylor lamented that TB Joshua was allegedly deceiving and luring South Africans to his church.
Taking a swipe at TB Joshua, he accused him of unfairly personalising the tragedy at the expense of the “unfortunate victims.”
“I’m saddened by the death of up to 67 South Africans in the Nigerian church collapse and at the hands of TB Joshua’s greed. It is also important to expose those who lured the unfortunate victims to Nigeria on false pretences.
“Innocent lives of people have been lost; yet TB Joshua makes the tragedy about himself. He is a disgrace,” the enraged South African wrote on Twitter.
Another Bloemfontein-based South African, Portia Tsotetsi, said TB Joshua owed the families of her compatriots lost in the building collapse some answers.
“My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the 67 South Africans who lost their lives in Nigeria. What bothers me most is the silence of TB Joshua and his church concerning the 67 who died.
“Where are messages of condolence? When is the church (SCOAN) offering a statement of condolences to the families? When is TB Joshua speaking about this tragedy? What bothers me is the amount of blind loyalists who refuse to see facts. They will do anything to protect their church,” Tsotetsi tweeted.
But a member of the church based in South Africa, Neo Motlokoa, stated that her faith in the Christian leadership of TB Joshua “is not shaken” despite the criticisms that has followed the church disaster.
“I am a South African who loves Jesus. This morning every TV station and newspaper is carrying the news about the tragedy.
“Has Prophet TB Joshua all of a sudden become questionable to you? Is he still a servant of Christ? This is about not only SCOAN and the Prophet (TB Joshua). My faith is not shaken,” Motlokoa wrote on the church’s official Facebook page.
A Ghanaian follower of the clergyman, Ebenezer Donkor, insisted that despite the widespread criticism of TB Joshua, nothing would keep him away from the church
“Even if another building collapses to kill one billion people, I will still follow Christ through Prophet TB Joshua. My faith is unshakable. God bless the man of God and all those who follow him,” Donkor said.

Continue here

Re: I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua by adeowo84(m): 5:33am On Sep 18, 2014
hmm...it seem am the FTC o...wow! me don achieve o
all thanks to my partner who make sure am awake at this time of the day.......

oyaa...i no go make any comment now joo...i have to take permission from my madam @d top
cheers all!
Re: I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua by spectramissile: 6:24am On Sep 18, 2014
i feel this pastor's pain
Re: I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua by Christoskurion: 6:28am On Sep 18, 2014
It is obvious sir. However,if holiness is retained in the light of the biblical principle,it is written that'many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of them all'(Psalms 34:19). Though lives have been affected,but 'tough time never last'.
Re: I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua by nanazeez(f): 6:33am On Sep 18, 2014
It is well even in the "well"
Re: I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua by seunlayi(m): 6:50am On Sep 18, 2014
pastor pray and the storm will be over

1 Like

Re: I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua by PapiWata: 6:59am On Sep 18, 2014
Pastor Jaguda tried to cut corners and save his stolen money by erecting a SIX storey building on a rickety foundation that could barely support FOUR floors.

Now it is time for Pastor Jaguda to face the music, and become the subject of a massive class-action lawsuit aimed at taking ALL his criminally obtained cash, and handing it over to the families of those killed in his collapsed slum building.

Phuck you Pastor Jaguda. Your "hard times" are only about to begin, you murderous confidence trickster.

1 Like

Re: I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua by kheart(m): 7:33am On Sep 18, 2014
when u ve sold ur soul to d devil and he has come to balance account, mr TB u shld ve see dis one comin afterall dat s ur profession na.
Re: I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua by Koolmexxi(m): 8:13am On Sep 18, 2014
Christoskurion: It is obvious sir. However,if holiness is retained in the light of the biblical principle,it is written that'many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of them all'(Psalms 34:19). Though lives have been affected,but 'tough time never last'.
spectramissile: i feel this pastor's pain
I'm still baffled at how Pastor TBJ's still comes out to make dis incident all about himself and no mention of the dead or even condoling d church and families affected. This is exactly why he's getting all d knocks in d media. Dis attitude of always laying blame on something/someone for anything dat goes awfully wrong is now becoming a trend in dis country. E.g GEJ blames APC, APC continuously blames GEJ/PDP, now TBJ blaming the craft(air/witch), Jamie Foxx blames the alcohol....... Well I don't blame dem
Re: I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua by Exjoker(m): 8:22am On Sep 18, 2014
Let seat nd watch how tins will go btw Nigeria nd South Africa...de $9.3milion saga comes to ma mind
Re: I'm Facing Hard Times - TB Joshua by PapiWata: 8:33am On Sep 18, 2014
Koolmexxi:
I'm still baffled at how Pastor TBJ's still comes out to make dis incident all about himself and no mention of the dead or even condoling d church and families affected. This is exactly why he's getting all d knocks in d media.

You have hit the nail on the head Kool. That thief and fraudster Pastor Jaguda is so used to being worshipped like a fake god, that it simply didn't occur to him that anyone would be interested in hearing about how much MONETARY COMPENSATION will be awarded for the families of victims killed by his reckless greed, when the court has heard and acted upon their class-action lawsuit that will hopefully bankrupt that criminal Pastor Jaguda for the rest of all time.

(1) (Reply)

WATCH VIDEO!! Shakau Says He Is Alive / 2015 - Will Nigerians Allow Jonathan To Deceive Them Again? / President’s Wife Shuns Dickson At Jonathan’s Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.