Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,783 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. (24533 Views)

Bode George, Odili Got N100M Each From Dasuki In Arms Purchase Scam - Sahara Rep / EFCC Arrests 25 Prominent Nigerians Over $2billion Arms Purchase Scandal / EFCC Arrests Attahiru Bafarawa Over Arms Purchase Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 18, 2014
django1:

Gold star! Exact comment I was looking for before I make mine.

Why can't nigeria manufacture its own arms? Those billions of dollars should be enough to train people for that.
The Biafran "OGBUNIGWE" comes to mind! grin grin
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by CrinkumCrankum: 10:12am On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem:

Ur post is plain empty. No facts but insinuations with zero basis. Is like me insinuating that Jonaadaft is Gay despite having sheepo. Anyone can insinuate foolishly and I Av a choice to attend to such or not.

I guess ve have made up ur mind not to be schooled....any way chao

3 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by dustydee: 10:12am On Sep 18, 2014
And did they try the Russians?
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by omerta(f): 10:12am On Sep 18, 2014
berem: You have been mute ever since the illegal arms deal by Jonathan and Ayatollah bin Oritsejafor started. What do you have tonsay in this matter?
Clearly, he has nothing to say. Wonder why he included Seun's name in his post? To make him yank it off FP, I guess. undecided
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 18, 2014
Objektive: BEREM TRY AND REPLY THE ARTFUL AND MISLEADING HEADING THAT IS THE EXCLUSIVE PRESERVE OF PROPAGANDIST. THIS IS NOT AN ANSWER

the comment was directed at Seun and not me. Do I look like Seun's PRO?
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 10:14am On Sep 18, 2014
omerta: Clearly, he has nothing to say. Wonder why he included Seun's name in his post? To make him yank it off FP, I guess. undecided
it will never be yanked off! Not when I am still a nairalander. grin grin
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by omerta(f): 10:17am On Sep 18, 2014
berem: it will never be yanked off! Not when I am still a nairalander. grin grin
Careful. "They" can accuse you of planning a coup. An offence punishable by rule 22. grin grin
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 10:18am On Sep 18, 2014
CrinkumCrankum:

I guess ve have made up ur mind not to be schooled....any way chao

Schooled with lies and foolish conjectures..........
Go look for ur students elsewhere.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Exmay(m): 10:19am On Sep 18, 2014
texaco1: This doesn't make any sense. There are countries and many arms dealers that will sell arms to nigeria without the approval of the americans. If this deal was between sa government and the fg,why do they need to pay in cash? A simple bank transfer would have prevented all these problems .why carry cash from nigeria is a private charter flight to sa without any single govt representative to purchase arms for nigeria and without even notifying the sa goovt of your arrival if truly they are waiting and expecting you
Are talking as an experience arms Dealer U can't transfera huge money like that through any bank without leaving a trace. Thus, that channel can be blocked subsequently... Arms dealing no be same as Car dealing.

3 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 10:20am On Sep 18, 2014
ferdimako:
Why can't u produce ur weapons?

Nigeria when never fit produce bolt and nut na him u dey tell to produce sophisticated weapon to fight boko haram? D FG is nt just looking for weapons but real weapons to fight an already equipped Boko H. So its not something u start doing I nigeria at this juncture

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 18, 2014
omerta: Careful. "They" can accuse you of planning a coup. An offence punishable by rule 22. grin grin
who cares what rule it is? A damn I giveth not!
Nothing dey happen! cool grin
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 10:22am On Sep 18, 2014
poiZon:

Crap. Where Av u been that u aren't conversant with current news.
Nigeria new set of helicopters are coming from Russia.

this i need proof. i be thomas, i need see it, read it, then can belivit. pls no link from saharareporters abeg.

Hypocrite u don't want link from saharareporters but won't mind link from Nduka Thisday paper. A pdp man. Continue to deceive ursef.

In August Russia and Nigeria signed a large contract for delivery of
helicopters, ITAR-TASS reports with reference to the head of Rostec
State Corporation’s delegation at ADEX-2014, Sergey Goreslavsky.
"In August a contract for delivery of a large batch of helicopters to
Nigeria was signed. This refers to significant number of Mi-171Sh
and a few Mi-35M helicopters", - Goreslavsky said.
He added that Mi-171Sh and other versions of Mi-17 helicopter are
in demand in Africa. "Mozambique is interested in these vehicles and
we are going to promote the helicopters at the exhibition held in
Republic of South Africa", - he added.
http://www.ruaviation.com/news/2014/9/17/2619/
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Litmus: 10:22am On Sep 18, 2014
The Government's statement concerning America arms purchases obstructions is likely to be true whether one believes it related to the South African fiasco is another matter. Think about it, why would the government accuse the American (FRIENDS) of such a divisive and frankly disreputable act if it was a lie. The repercussion would frankly outweigh any benefits for doing so. The government might use this truth to discombobulate another matter such as the South Africa matter.

I have a feeling that the South Africa situation might have something to do with the world of espionage in which case Nigeria needs to question South Africa's motive for making this public. Actually the Nigeria Authorities need to question the South Africa motives for going public full stop. Nigeria needs to remember this period and keep note concerning the Nature of the peoples and Nations with which it conducts business for future references.

Remember this: Respect is not earned (at least not in the sentimental way that people think). Respect is bought, institutionalized, freely given by those who like you, or confused with fear.

4 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 10:22am On Sep 18, 2014
berem: The Biafran "OGBUNIGWE" comes to mind! grin grin

NONSENSICAL

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by chamboy(m): 10:23am On Sep 18, 2014
None of the Pro- Gej, Pdp supporters, Fg ballslicker, have given a tangible meaning to all this shiit happening lately
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by omenka(m): 10:23am On Sep 18, 2014
Only recently, on this same forum, news about the government buying new fighter jets was celebrated (www.nairaland.com/1882056/boko-haram-fg-acquires-12). And in another thread, pics of newly acquired assault helicopters were posted.

My question is: where was the arms embargo when those deals were struck and sealed

The government is lying!!!
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Ryabcool(m): 10:23am On Sep 18, 2014
Truckpusher: I sincerely agree with you on this.
But you have to understand that this particular report was Premium Times exclusive report given to them by unanimous govt defence officials or whatever what and can't be trusted.

Read the report again and tell me where the govt has officially released a statement to buttress home that the points raised in this report was what actually transpired.

I hope you are aware that Hilary Clinton objected and rejected any move to label Boko Haram as terrorist group and her husband came here shamelessly to say that Boko Haram was a result of neglect and injustice by the Govt. even if we are to believe that there are some atom truth in what he said ,then the question is ;why are they the 'boko haram' killin innocent Nigerians in their dozens ,why are they kidnapping school girls ,why aren't they killing govt. officials in their dozens.

Let us wait because the truth of whatever is going on in this country would be known it is just a matter of time.

In as much as I do not believe in the sincerity of our leaders I wouldn't still jump into conclusion that the US isn't trying to undermine our security one way or the other.

They said that by 2015 Nigeria would be a failed state and so far everything is pointing towards that direction.

And let me also remind you that some senators in the US that sees themselves as champions of human right have been agitating that Nigeria should be punished for making gay activities criminal and this is where we are right now and finally the policies of state interest being made by this current administration isn't going down well with some quarters in the West.

Take it or you leave it we are at a cross-road to a new era that'd define the direction this country must follow and of course there are going to be hitches and it won't be an easy one.
You are right that it is not an official statement and we can't wholeheartedly judge just yet. But we have to look at it objectively.

The US might want the split of Nigeria in 2015. But do you really think the US would be that dumb to attempt this shallow approach? This approach that can easily be seen through? Nahhh!

The point of this thread is trying to implicate the US in this arms deal, and we're saying it doesn't make any sense.

Like i said before; The US might have vested interests like what you listed above, BUT THIS ISSUE CLEARLY ISN'T ONE OF THEM.

Hope you get me?

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by lincolnj88: 10:25am On Sep 18, 2014
Aphrygian: My fellow nairalanders pls I would always want us to always curse or resist all Jonathanians on social media blackmailing APC.am nt affliated to APC in any way,buh if with all this revelations we don't believe that APC is clean abt this insurgents then Nigeria is heading for the precipice.
Biggest fool of d century....no politician is clean ..no party is clean .....put dat in ur thick skull..

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by omerta(f): 10:26am On Sep 18, 2014
berem: who cares what rule it is? A damn I giveth not!
Nothing dey happen! cool grin
Nothing o! cool cool
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by successking: 10:30am On Sep 18, 2014
BigBro: Did anyone here remember the assertion that "no terrorists activity lasts more than 24 hours if government is not involved"? We have said it time and again on this forum that this government led by GEJ has a lot to answer about this mess called Boko Haram. Did anyone remember allegations of helicopters supplying stuffs to Boko Haram guys in the bush? Did anyone remember cases where few number of our poor army with outdated guns were deployed to go and face large number of terrorists with sophisticated weapons? such questionable instances abound.

God is watching.

If you believe that FG has told the world a lie, because you are a US citizen, then prove it to us or remain angry till 2019.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by san316(m): 10:30am On Sep 18, 2014
Hmm! Our government is a funny one. I don't even know what to say but I believe there's a lot more that will be revealed. Hmmmm.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by kenex4ever(m): 10:31am On Sep 18, 2014
omenka: Only recently, on this same forum, news about the government buying new fighter jets was celebrated (www.nairaland.com/1882056/boko-haram-fg-acquires-12). And in another thread, pics of newly acquired assault helicopters were posted.

My question is: where was the arms embargo when those deals were struck and sealed

The real news said they spoke with a military man but changed it to FG. Now u have achieved what u want. CLAP4URSENSE
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by size38: 10:34am On Sep 18, 2014
The PDP have shifted their usual blame game politics to USA. I thought they said APC is responsible for their failure in power? Hahahahahahahahah. Useless people. PDP is a pig. because A pig will still remain a pig. Bath a pig, perfume a pig and even cloth a pig. A pig is a pig. This is what the PDP is. Even if the PDP remain in power for 100yrs, Nigeria will never see any form of Development and economic growth.

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by seunmsg(m): 10:35am On Sep 18, 2014
GlorifiedTunde: I'm not partisan, you can check my posts on NL to verify. In fact it disgusts me because it blindfolds one from making logical analysis.

However, looking at this issue, I want to agree with the FG even though it may all not be true.

Only a myopic or ignorant Nigerian would claim not to know how uncle Sam has been plotting against us.

The.money in the may be inflated, but I don't think a whole FG will boldly lie against the US - that will be serious allegations that can lead to diplomatic rows if untrue. I'm sure the FG knows that, its not like lying against another political party within the nation.

I think the FG initially lied against APC to cover up this intentions. But now had to let the truth out. Although I cannot establish that.

For those asking FG to purchase arms from Russia, would you want Nigeria to be tagged an accomplice in Russia's world crimes. Wouldn't that be teriible? Transacting with China too can be likewise.

I think its better we analyze this issues carefully as what seems to be true may be a lie and what seems to be a lie nay be true. Just saying.

I tried to make sense of your post but am not really getting your points correctly. The FG have not officially accused the US govt of any wrong doing. Premium times quoted unnamed officials as their source. How's that an official accusation from the FG? Beside, why will US plot against Nigeria? In what way are we a threat to them that they will want to destroy us?

And I really don't understand why we can't buy arms from China or Russia. If US is blocking us from getting arms from western countries, is it not reasonable to buy it from China and Russia that can't be influenced by US? Who are we trying to impress if we don't buy from China and Russia? Almost half of imported products in the Nigerian market today comes from china, so their is really no excuse not to buy arms from them.

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by StoneColdBiceps(m): 10:35am On Sep 18, 2014
Well, America is not an easy country to pick out and put a blame on. I see some gallons of truth in the post. We all know the world is a stage for America to act on. People are saying why ddnt d FG opt for Russia to purchase arm, we all know the repacursion of doing bizness with Russia especially what is going btw russia and ukraine. Our bilateral relation is more of American than to Russia. The yanks sure know how to kill the vibes of smaller countries and Nigeria inclusive...#fox
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by lincolnj88: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2014
Philipmems: But Russia and China sell state of the art/ sophisticated arms everyday to everybody why didn't they explore that option knowing well that China and Russia don't give a damn about the US. I d love to believe you but I will pass undecided undecided
Hmmmmm russia is under serious sanctions .........china might have technology but they don't have sophisticated arms as u mentioned.....better japan dan dem ......so stop using this to prove relevance....
and russia dnt sell state of d art technology to allies...all thier allies have not been able to defeat insurgents...e.g syria, lebanon, and so on...iran stop buying arms from russia and opted to manufacture thier own wen dey discover russsia dnt sell thier better weapons to others they only sell d outdated ones.....

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by ITbomb(m): 10:42am On Sep 18, 2014
For those of you shouting Russia, remember Russia is technically under sanctions and as allies to US (somehow) Nigeria is not expected to get some of this things through easily.
China is what I don't understand, maybe there is a hidden clause that Nigeria doesn't like.

US has consistently said that it is not selling lethal arms to Nigeria, all it can offer are helicopter for transport (sic).
And I believe Nigeria didn't want to wire the money so as to avoid the watchful eyes of the US NSA, people underestimate the grip US has on global financial transactions, when Jonathan said that it is their money and 'America will know' people were laughing.

I believe SA had to do what they did to avoid the wrath of US

2 Likes

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by omenka(m): 10:43am On Sep 18, 2014
kenex4ever:

The real news said they spoke with a military man but changed it to FG. Now u have achieved what u want. CLAP4URSENSE
Seems your brain has started overheating... cheesy. You guys have no hiding place this time!!

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by DonLala1(m): 10:43am On Sep 18, 2014
I kept asking myself what is the problem? Why do our leaders always come up with excuses for their failures? Why do they always look for whom to blame for their inadequacies? How are we even sure the $$$s in question are meant for arms dealings? Is someone not trying to launder the money that backfired? And the powers that be had to cover up? In all this let's continue to pray for our leaders that God will touch their hearts to do the right thing. Note that if they don't repent they will pay even to generations yet unborn.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Raypawer(m): 10:44am On Sep 18, 2014
omenka:
And it gets more interesting!!!
What hasn't this government blamed for her failures??
Can't wait to get the reply from Washington!!

don't be a dumb fool u this idiotic dude! didn't i say that US is d main brain behind Boko Haram... tey are behind terrorism just to suck our oil, i think Nigeria should approach Russian Govt nd Chinese Govt... they will gladly help Naija!

1 Like

Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Demdem(m): 10:44am On Sep 18, 2014
omenka: Only recently, on this same forum, news about the government buying new fighter jets was celebrated (www.nairaland.com/1882056/boko-haram-fg-acquires-12). And in another thread, pics of newly acquired assault helicopters were posted.

Don't mind these fools.
Aliens obviously supplied these ones to us from out of space since America won't allow us to source it from humans.
Re: Govt Officials Blame The US For Arms Purchase Scandal. by Raypawer(m): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2014
omenka:
seunmsg:
I tried to make sense of your post but am not really getting your points correctly. The FG have not officially accused the US govt of any wrong doing. Premium times quoted unnamed officials as their source. How's that an official accusation from the FG? Beside, why will US plot against Nigeria? In what way are we a threat to them that they will want to destroy us?
And I really don't understand why we can't buy arms from China or Russia. If US is blocking us from getting arms from western countries, is it not reasonable to buy it from China and Russia that can't be influenced by US? Who are we trying to impress if we don't buy from China and Russia? Almost half of imported products in the Nigerian market today comes from china, so their is really no excuse not to buy arms from them.
omenka:

stop fooling your self here

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Resource Control Splits Senators / Prof. Chris Imomulen 40th Birthday Photos / I Will Win Presidential Race In 2023 – Rochas Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.