Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,598 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

- Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / (2282 Views)

What Type Of Engine Oil Do You Use In Your Car And How Much Is It? / Pictures Of A Car Made In Calabar / At What Age Did You Buy Your First-Car And How Much Then? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Virus777: 6:37am On Sep 18, 2014
Words are not enough to express how desperate I am to own a car. I fantasize about it a whole lot and can't wait to experience what it feels like to have one. I literally drool at the sight of my neighbours cruising around in their rides and I can't help but ask baba God when my dream will come true. I visit the auto section of Nairaland almost everyday just to feast my eyes on the vast array of cars on sale there and to keep my hope alive.

I am so sick of boarding okada or treking everyday to and from my place of work and other places. There's nothing quite as painful for me as occasions when there's no okada, keke or bus available and I have to trek for hours under the scorching sun. It's even worse when it's raining, I'll just be cussing under my breath and wondering when this 'sufferness' will end.

Almost every night I see myself riding a BMW 5 series in the dream only to wake up in dismay and with a huge sigh.

If not for the dire state of our economy and the stifling expenses one is saddled with, many of us would be proud car owners. I'm saving up now though, and I'm mighty optimistic that in the next few months I'll join 'da club.' I really would like to know what it feels like to cruise in a cool ride, and have peeps, drool over you and see you as a successful chap. I bet it'll be an awesome feeling. I wanna experience the thrill of going wherever I wanna go in my mob and feeling snug in the comfort of me ride when the sun is angrily bearing down on the earth or when the clouds are let loose in a monstrous deluge. I am optimistic I'll have that feeling one day...soon enough I pray.

Guys in my shoes please feel free to share your experiences or vent your frustration. Peeps with cars can also contribute, perhaps owning a ride is over-rated, let us know.

3 Likes

Re: by Philadelphia: 5:18pm On Sep 20, 2014
Just to let you know that you're not the only one in this situation.

2 Likes

Re: by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 20, 2014
Owning a car is not overrated, it's actually quite useful and the benefits are great like some that you mentioned.

What my cars offers me is first and foremost mobility. As in I can decide to go somewhere without regards to the weather, bus schedule, etc

Owning your car offers a lot of great benefits.

Now that being said there are also some benefits and some of them you are not bothered with now.

Purchase price - the truth is that a good car will set you back some money.
Registration - You have to pay to register the vehicle.
Insurance - You have to pay to insure it.
Preventative maintenance - Cars do require periodic maintenance. Minor ones like oil changes and major ones like timing belt replacement etc
Unscheduled breakdown - Cars can become very expensive. You may have to buy a tire due to a puncture or blow out, replace a windscreen due to rocks, etc

But all in all I don't see myself having less than two vehicles in my garage.

Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: by kentochi(m): 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
@op
you are not alone on this but I believe that some day I will go car wash with my car.
you no what I mean.
Re: by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 21, 2014
Me sef tho,I am still a student
Re: by mebad(m): 11:19am On Sep 21, 2014
In due time. God no go forget us too
Re: by andresia(m): 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
same with me bro. I was almost close to being a proud until.... embarassedsame with me bro. I was almost close to being a proud until....
Re: by MissTeaseMe(f): 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2014
andresia: same with me bro. I was almost close to being a proud until.... embarassedsame with me bro. I was almost close to being a proud until....
You got very important mail. Please revert back on time.
Tried ur number several times, but not available.
Re: by nurey(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2014
I have not bought a car B4 but I am a custodian of a car and I can take it any where and every where, it feels good to wakeup in the morning and wash the car it gives you this satisfactory feeling, it always feels good to put the key in the car and it starts once without giving you any trouble and once you are done with hustling you park and look at the car with satisfaction and say, thank you 4 not fucking up today. But once the car gives you trouble a day, you kick it and curse but you get over it.

Once you have a car you get tired of the hype that you have a car soon especially when it is all this bland japanese contraptions without state of the art gadgets, op when you buy car and it rains, careful you don't wanna splash water on pedestrians
Nigerians a full of swearing for such a driver. Lol

1 Like

Re: by ivoryhouse(m): 5:28pm On Sep 22, 2014
I used to sit in the bus and feel the cool air from my a.c vents and clean music flowing from the speakers... my point is, focus on the car and quit feeling sorry for yourself because that won't bring you any closer to your dream. It will happen for you
Re: by Virus777: 7:38am On Sep 23, 2014
CityNG: Owning a car is not overrated, it's actually quite useful and the benefits are great like some that you mentioned.

What my cars offers me is first and foremost mobility. As in I can decide to go somewhere without regards to the weather, bus schedule, etc

Owning your car offers a lot of great benefits.

Now that being said there are also some benefits and some of them you are not bothered with now.

Purchase price - the truth is that a good car will set you back some money.
Registration - You have to pay to register the vehicle.
Insurance - You have to pay to insure it.
Preventative maintenance - Cars do require periodic maintenance. Minor ones like oil changes and major ones like timing belt replacement etc
Unscheduled breakdown - Cars can become very expensive. You may have to buy a tire due to a puncture or blow out, replace a windscreen due to rocks, etc

But all in all I don't see myself having less than two vehicles in my garage.

Good luck.

Wow, thanks a lot. That was quite illuminating.

1 Like

Re: by Virus777: 7:44am On Sep 23, 2014
I really appreciate all your contributions. Nice to know I'm not alone in this.
Re: by spartanian(m): 11:58am On Sep 24, 2014
This is my hood for now grin

1 Like

Re: by cmoney22222: 12:27pm On Sep 26, 2014
am in your shoes oooo
Re: by ify84(m): 11:44am On Sep 27, 2014
seriously dream a car too.....

my fear...

.maintaining a car... is serious issue, car parts are not cheap at all....and parts will keep spoiling...
Re: by ponlear(m): 1:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
#SameHere... next year won't pass me by by God's grace

#DreamingHonda2008Coupe
Re: by salvo583: 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
Virus777: Words are not enough to express how desperate I am to own a car. I fantasize about it a whole lot and can't wait to experience what it feels like to have one. I literally drool at the sight of my neighbours cruising around in their rides and I can't help but ask baba God when my dream will come true. I visit the auto section of Nairaland almost everyday just to feast my eyes on the vast array of cars on sale there and to keep my hope alive.

I am so sick of boarding okada or treking everyday to and from my place of work and other places. There's nothing quite as painful for me as occasions when there's no okada, keke or bus available and I have to trek for hours under the scorching sun. It's even worse when it's raining, I'll just be cussing under my breath and wondering when this 'sufferness' will end.

Almost every night I see myself riding a BMW 5 series in the dream only to wake up in dismay and with a huge sigh.

If not for the dire state of our economy and the stifling expenses one is saddled with, many of us would be proud car owners. I'm saving up now though, and I'm mighty optimistic that in the next few months I'll join 'da club.' I really would like to know what it feels like to cruise in a cool ride, and have peeps, drool over you and see you as a successful chap. I bet it'll be an awesome feeling. I wanna experience the thrill of going wherever I wanna go in my mob and feeling snug in the comfort of me ride when the sun is angrily bearing down on the earth or when the clouds are let loose in a monstrous deluge. I am optimistic I'll have that feeling one day...soon enough I pray.

Guys in my shoes please feel free to share your experiences or vent your frustration. Peeps with cars can also contribute, perhaps owning a ride is over-rated, let us know.
I'm also in ur shoes @op
Re: by Nostradamus: 11:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
same here bro
Re: by Babangida70(m): 1:10pm On Apr 03, 2016
ponlear:
#SameHere... next year won't pass me by by God's grace

#DreamingHonda2008Coupe

Bros next year don reach and pass oooo.... how far? u don buy am? grin
Re: by cmoney22222: 3:44pm On Apr 03, 2016
Guy you want wyne am ni? abi you be twitter for him affairs ni. Hhahahah

Babangida70:

Re: by ponlear(m): 4:12pm On Apr 03, 2016
Babangida70:

got another (scion tc 2007)
Re: by ponlear(m): 4:13pm On Apr 03, 2016
cmoney22222:

help me ask am I beg o #Endtimefollower
Re: by Babangida70(m): 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
cmoney22222:

I just wan know as a concerned friend grin grin grin
Re: by Babangida70(m): 4:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
ponlear:
got another (scion tc 2007)

Re: by cmoney22222: 4:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
Okay no wahala. You be good broda keeper ooooo
Babangida70:

I just wan know as a concerned friend grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Advice:Toyota Rav4 2006 V6 / You Cannot Steal This Car Battery!!! / I Want To Know If Toyota Elizade Nigeria Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.