Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,699 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:36 PM

The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ (24887 Views)

Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force / Excuse Me God, Are You Partial? Must Read.. / Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by UrbanMystique: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2014
wordsbase: Godless society; Anarchy looming. First it was stopping prayers said in schools and public places. Then their entertainment industry made a push to censor "God", Jesus etc on screen; and now this... Hmm... If some one tells me the great conspiracy is a farce, and that the US isn't linked up with the illuminati or free masons in anyway, or that the desire to rule the world is beyond political considerations, then, that person can as well make me believe that Jonathan isn't Nigeria's president.
Japan, sweeden, Denmark etc are godless societies, compare these nations with godful Nigeria or any other African country.

15 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by moderatorr: 10:36am On Sep 18, 2014
na wa for america
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 10:37am On Sep 18, 2014
Gods expected us to help them perfect the creations, and we resort to asking them for help even when we know better that these soldiers are out to out-kill each other, a destructive tandem to the cycle of creation.

But we must be thankful to the Americans because they know that nothing is dogma, every creed is subject to change and should be changed, unlike our British lords that want Scotland to remain a UK state.
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 18, 2014
Who cares.. Na their uniform
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by kreamidiva(f): 10:38am On Sep 18, 2014
Na wah for wetin i dey read here o.

Wetin God do una?

U can believe or practise any religion you like but don't rubbish other people's opinions and beliefs. I have respect for other religions and find it sad when people say degrading things about people's religions.

2 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Dragonking: 10:38am On Sep 18, 2014
Freedom of speech and the right to choose is all that matters.

4 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by wickyyolo: 10:38am On Sep 18, 2014
The fall of america. From today america will fall and the far east nations will rule the world.

1 Like

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 10:40am On Sep 18, 2014
UrbanMystique: Japan, sweeden, Denmark etc are godless societies, compare these nations with godful Nigeria or any other African country.

Japan isn't exactly godless....most of the population practices Shintosim and Buddhisim.

Sweden and Denmark do have state churches...and Christianity played a large role in their growth as nations.(although most of the population is not religious).

You want a real godless society...try China(majorly atheist).
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by donbenie(m): 10:40am On Sep 18, 2014
Human beings will achieve their full potentials the day they kick religion and it's fairy tales into the next galaxy..

7 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Emmalot121(m): 10:41am On Sep 18, 2014
A question for all atheists:If Magicians like Chris Angels can shake the foundation of science and do things which are scientifically impossible,is is safe to use science alone to prove the existence of our world without engaging spiritual realm ? If you are Christians and your soul is being shaken by these rascally,try this website jesus-is-savior.com
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 10:42am On Sep 18, 2014
Olong:

God will what? Are you OK?

God is there.

1 Like

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 18, 2014
UrbanMystique: Japan, sweeden, Denmark etc are godless societies, compare these nations with godful Nigeria or any other African country.
How long ago did these nations you mentioned begin the transition for godly to godless? But for America that has always prided itself on it's motto "In God We Trust" to begin the downward ride isn't something to celebrate... Well, of course, it depends on what side of the divide you're on.
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Idrismusty97(m): 10:43am On Sep 18, 2014
wickyyolo: The fall of america. From today america will fall and the far east nations will rule the world.
Why didn't you say Nigeria, Africa or the Middle East will rule the world. Aren't we the most religious people on earth? Why do you choose the far East Nations when most of them are godless? I am sure you must be referring to China. Later you would say god developed their country.

11 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by GeneralShepherd(m): 10:44am On Sep 18, 2014
damochewinner: Well you can choose to call God, God or even refuse to recognise the fact that He is God or sovereign. Your opinion or mindset doesn't change the fact that He is still GOD grin

Which God? Allah, Amadioha, Sango, Yahwwh?

Let us learn to respect people's freedom of choice!

11 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by donbenie(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2014
Religion..the greatest joke ever invented..

10 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by traware(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2014
kreamidiva: Na wah for wetin i dey read here o.

Wetin God do una?

U can believe or practise any religion you like but don't rubbish other people's opinions and beliefs. I have respect for other religions and find it sad when people say degrading things about people's religions.
Girl,quit talking sh.it!!! and back that ar.se up!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Emmalot121(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2014
donbenie: Human beings will achieve their full potentials the day they kick religion and it's fairy tales into the next galaxy..
Not all base their life on big bang.Id is written:My people slumber because of lack of knowledge.Big bang is the greatest of fairy tales I know grin .'We have shown unto you oh human what is good so that you may not be destroyed ... sad '
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by traware(m): 10:45am On Sep 18, 2014
X
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by POPEII: 10:46am On Sep 18, 2014
I pity atheists, the day Religions will die out, they will become jobless grin grin

Now that help me God is not mandatory what? The removal of In God we trust on Dollar bill? Or maybe their presido should stop taking oath on the Bible ?
Smh
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by kennosklint(m): 10:46am On Sep 18, 2014
se0un:

God is there but his relevance for the life of man keeps on waning.
na God cause ya frustration in lifenonsense no control ya lips...

1 Like

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by experimentist: 10:46am On Sep 18, 2014
So which one dem go dey talk? 'So help me Satan'?
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by amdo007(m): 10:46am On Sep 18, 2014
America and freedom, though they are some freedoms that shouldn't be granted. Imagine flying without even beleiving in God.
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Iamoilprince(m): 10:46am On Sep 18, 2014
Scyllapatron: nice move, in fact that SCAM called "God" should be banned in schools, courts, hospitals and public places.
God have mercy on u
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by OmoEziokwu: 10:47am On Sep 18, 2014
kreamidiva: Na wah for wetin i dey read here o.

Wetin God do una?

Re-read the article, what is written there is all about protecting individual freedoms and rights, and not condemning any person's religion or belittling anyone who believes in god.

kreamidiva: U can believe or practise any religion you like but don't rubbish other people's opinions and beliefs.

That is what the US Air Force has just done.

5 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by poik(m): 10:47am On Sep 18, 2014
There are two forces in the universe. Good and evil. God and the devil. America has refused God's help.
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by experimentist: 10:48am On Sep 18, 2014
sexymoma: Why
zet grin
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by kreamidiva(f): 10:49am On Sep 18, 2014
OmoEziokwu:

Re-read the article, what is written there is all about protecting individual freedoms and rights, and not condemning any person's religion or belittling anyone who believes in god.

That is what the US Air Force has just done.

I meant what people were saying about God. Not the article itself.
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by iJAY1: 10:50am On Sep 18, 2014
u don't impose Christianity on people, that's why it is said that "let your light so shine before men, in so doing they'll glorify your father in heaven"
I don't go to church these days but that doesn't mean I hate God nor does it mean I'll never go to church again. God exists and he's constant and even though I rarely pray these days, I recognise him. Let people have choices and learn. Preach if u must, but no imposition. Jehovah witness folks can be annoying sometimes but I listen attentively to them when I chose to. if god wants u to be available for him, trust me, he'll square u even if u are a 1st class atheist!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by OmoEziokwu: 10:50am On Sep 18, 2014
kreamidiva:

I meant what people were saying about God. Not the article itself.

That's fine.
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by kristylopezz: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2014
How about.."America, in God we trust? " undecided

Confused bunch!
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by mencade5(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2014
they should ban the use of allah in public too.

tongue
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Emmalot121(m): 10:52am On Sep 18, 2014
traware: Girl,quit talking sh.it!!! and back that ar.se up!!!
...........................And he said unto him,If they hear not Moses and the prophets,neither will they be persuaded,though one rose from the dead.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Shall It Profit A Man To Gain The Whole World And Lose His Soul / Is It Right To Pray After Fornication? / Is It A Sin If A Christian Has A Tattoo On His/her Body?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.