Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,761 members, 7,798,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ (24882 Views)

Atheist Must Swear To God -- Or Leave US Air Force / Excuse Me God, Are You Partial? Must Read.. / Christians: Does God's Word Allow Divorce or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Infomizer:

Now I understand why he doesn't give a fück about amputees. It's for their own good. Niceeeeee
grin

Perhaps the fact that we do not live in a perfect world....but that God gives us the means to cope with that imperfect world as well as the brains to make the life of the amputee better.and the ability to feel empathy for those who are weaker than us...as well as a lesson in how insignificant we are (even the concept of the multiple universes makes me feel insignificant).and even as a warning against the disasters and evil that led to the amputation in the first instance.....then God does care about amputees.

grin
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Dreyl(m): 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
cococandy: What league?
The league of those who don't judge unbelievers as evil people?
I'm the president.
hmmm undecided
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Japan isn't exactly godless....most of the population practices Shintosim and Buddhisim.

Sweden and Denmark do have state churches...and Christianity played a large role in their growth as nations.(although most of the population is not religious).

You want a real godless society...try China(majorly atheist).
So what role has godlessness played in China's civilization?
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Infomizer(m): 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Perhaps the fact that we do not live in a perfect world....but that God gives us the means to cope with that imperfect world as well as the brains to make the life of the amputee better.and the ability to feel empathy for those who are weaker than us...as well as a lesson in how insignificant we are (even the concept of the multiple universes makes me feel insignificant).and even as a warning against the disasters and evil that led to the amputation in the first instance.....then God does care about amputees.

grin

See as I dey yimu to your attempt at ratiocination. grin

He should just make their limbs grow back and shut skeptics like me up for good!

5 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by poik(m): 5:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
sexzskil:
AND IF THERE IS A GOD, THAT GOD IS THE GOD OF THE CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS??

Whoever you are, whatever your religion, you are answerable to the Lord Jesus Christ. Time will tell, but I pray it will favour you.
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by GboGboAye: 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ayatullah: THEN LET AMERICA CHANGE HER NATIONAL MOTTO: IN GOD WE TRUST
America will soon destroy herself with her so-called freedom..........Gay rights, Gay marriage, Marrying animals etc..........America is losing her soul. I wonder why they cannot emulate some of their responsible past leaders like Abraham Lincoln. Abraham Lincoln was so close to God that he dreamt of how he will die, and it came to be. America is on the way to self destruction. Looking forward to when they will change their national motto of IN GOD WE TRUST.

My dear, they do not trust in God, they trust in their selves and their technology.

1 Like

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by GboGboAye: 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
se0un: One day God will die and men will live on other planets. fp

One day se0un will die and God will live forever because His existence is everlasting regardless of whether se0un is alive or not. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by niggereyez(f): 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
bushdoc9919:

When you join the army, dear boy, you do t expect to come back alive.

The ''so help me God'' is the soldier saying ''I will perform my duties as a soldier with God's help even if I do not survive in the process''

You obviously think the Armed Forces are all about posing in those nice dress uniforms. No, son....it is , as the gladiators oath in ancient rome implies, a place for men to die.

Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant !
+1000 likes
Mr. Bushdoc.. sir,
I luk fwd to ur comments. most times they are insightful and so "on point"..
just to digress a lil.... been wondering what inspired ur monicker?
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
Welcome to the new world !!

Let us see how human can fare better without GOD !!

We think we can rule ourselves right , ok ..... God is watching in HD ! cheesy
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Mavrick2012: 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
damochewinner: Well you can choose to call God, God or even refuse to recognise the fact that He is God or sovereign. Your opinion or mindset doesn't change the fact that He is still GOD grin
LOL
sir,e dey pain u?
LOL

1 Like

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
Scyllapatron: nice move, in fact the word "God" should be banned in schools, courts, hospitals and public places.

Ban the word all you want. God cannot be banned. cheesy
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
GboGboAye:

One day se0un will die and God will live forever because His existence is everlasting regardless of whether se0un is alive or not. smiley

hahaa una make I laugh die.

2 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 18, 2014
Infomizer:

See as I dey yimu to your attempt at ratiocination. grin

He should just make their limbs grow back and shut skeptics like me up for good!

But you would miss a lot of vital and much needed aesops....
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
niggereyez:
+1000 likes
Mr. Bushdoc.. sir,
I luk fwd to ur comments. most times they are insightful and so "on point"..
just to digress a lil.... been wondering what inspired ur monicker?

Medical doctor who has spent most of his working life in the rural areas...the bush so to speak.

1 Like

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by niggereyez(f): 6:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Medical doctor who has spent most of his working life in the rural areas...the bush so to speak.
ur colleague sir ... soon to begin residency
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by niggereyez(f): 6:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
bushdoc9919:

ur colleague sir ... soon to begin residency smiley
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 18, 2014
niggereyez:
ur colleague sir ... soon to begin residency smiley

Still struggling to get there.(sigh)

Good luck anyways smiley
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Infomizer(m): 6:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
bushdoc9919:

But you would miss a lot of vital and much needed aesops....

Ounpe! (I no send)

wink

2 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by tunesoft(m): 6:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
.............Bless America
A) sopona..
B) Ogun
C) Obatala
E) light
F) snakes
G) nd soo on....

2 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Legendoscar2: 6:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
Scyllapatron: nice move, in fact the word "God" should be banned in schools, courts, hospitals and public places.
Yeah...right until you can prove you own a heart beat otherwise you're talking nonsense
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

FYI, I am a Christian and it goes to show bible contradicts itself.

Ermm, I am not going to fvck off your mention.

Do your worst. cool

If you like be a camel you wretched scum of the earth, product of cross breeding between a dog and a baboon. Go take a swin in the alantic. Fool.
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
EUROBOMBER:

If you like be a camel you wretched scum of the earth, product of cross breeding between a dog and a baboon. Go take a swin in the alantic. Fool.

#Yawn. Was I suppose to get annoyed?

Try again undecided

5 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
FrancisTony:

#Yawn. Was I suppose to get annoyed?

Try again undecided

Bwahahahaha. I don't give a hoot what you feel loser...Look for the nearest transformer and give it a hug.

Safe trip to hell loser....
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by osholuamhe: 6:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
So much nonsense on social media. Men are now measuring up with God. When men fail, they blame God. It's going to be like a dream. You will face your maker one day.

2 Likes

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 6:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
hungryboy: How many who utter those words has god helped?,
i bet majority of american airmen who lost their lives in iraq and afghanistan uttered those words
You don't have to be an Airman in combat in Iraq,Afghanistan or against ISIL to die. You can die on the road,at work,in your toilet or on your bed. You will die whether you believe in God or choose to vilify His name. Atheists die. Christians die. Muslims and Jews die. Sikhs and Buddhists die. You will die irrespective of saying "so help me God" or not saying so. "So help me God" as embedded in oaths doesn't mean you shall not die. It is a personal belief, a religious conviction that your thoughts and actions be guided by a Supreme Being you believe in to achieve your objectives. In respect to freedom of religion,choice and association, the U.S. Air force chose to expunge that comment from the oaths. Respect our "foolish" choice to say SO HELP ME GOD!

1 Like

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by kaykay123(m): 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
So help me God.
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by ChiSun27(m): 7:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
My God in Heaven...please help Nigeria to fight Boko Haram and forget the American Airforce cause they are doomed already.

Well....I still stand by my signature.
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by eddyj36(m): 8:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
the end time is surely near.. and God will have no mercy on those who forsake his name and his kingdom..
may God help and bless me and my country Nigeria..
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Psylas(m): 8:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
Good one from USA, they have realised that nobody is God, God is a myth

1 Like

Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Psylas(m): 8:33pm On Sep 18, 2014
poik:

Whoever you are, whatever your religion, you are answerable to the Lord Jesus Christ. Time will tell, but I pray it will favour you.
keep deluding yourself
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
eemalex: So help us God
. . . .. Amen Amen Amen
Re: The Air Force Will Now Allow Airmen To Omit ‘so Help Me God’ by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
estyvino: From where cometh my help...... ''so help me God''
. . . . . . Amen Amen Amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Shall It Profit A Man To Gain The Whole World And Lose His Soul / Princewill Iheme: Only Igbo President Will Save Nigeria / 15 Photos You Will Relate To If You Grew In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.