Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,449 members, 7,801,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? (3540 Views)

2015 Election: Jonathan Should Have Sacked Partisan Jega – Okupe / Suleiman Abba And The Making Of A Partisan Police, By Femi Falana / Omisore - I Lost Osun Election To Partisan Acts Of Ex-REC Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by russello: 6:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
Based on the purpose for which it was formed, CAN is expected to be more political than be religious.

CAN is expected to "seek and fight" for the political and economic interest of Nigerian Christians worldwide.

Ayo as a Pastor in his local assembly (church) or any Christian gathering is expected to be more religious than being political.

Ayo as a CAN President in any meeting or gathering is expected to be more political than being religious.

A CAN must not be ignorant of the politics of the nation.

CAN is not your regular church organisation or worship centre (like CFN).

CAN is expected to be more vociferous as it continuously fights against any political or economic arrangement that is birthed to the detriment of Nigerian Christians in the country.

Of course! CAN believes and uses all the "spiritual" weapons (Prayer, Fasting, Word etc) known to Christians as they pursue their purpose (the Political and Economic interest of the Nigerian Christians).

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 6:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
russello: Based on the purpose for which it was formed, CAN is expected to be more political than be religious.

CAN is expected to "seek and fight" for the political and economic interest of Nigerian Christians worldwide.

Ayo as a Pastor in his local assembly (church) or any Christian gathering is expected to be more religious than being political.

Ayo as a CAN President in any meeting or gathering is expected to be more political than being religious.

CAN is expected to be more vociferous as it continuously fights against any political or economic arrangement that is birthed to the detriment of Nigerian Christians in the country.

Of course! CAN believes and uses all the "spiritual" weapons (Prayer, Fasting, Word etc) known to Christians as they pursue their purpose (the Political and Economic interest of the Nigerian Christians).
Godbless the hands that typed this!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by atlwireles: 6:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
russello: Based on the purpose for which it was formed, CAN is expected to be more political than be religious.

Oga make I borrow your post, you have said it all.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
The objectives of the Association are:
* To serve as a basis of response to the unity of the church especially as conatined in our Lord’s pastoral prayer that they all may be one - John 17 : 21.
* To promote understanding, peace and unity among the various people and strata of society in Nigeria through the propagation of the gospel.
* To act as a liaison committee by means of which its member – Churches can consult together and when necessary make common Statement and take common actions.
* To act as watch person of the Spiritual and moral welfare of the Nation.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 18, 2014
enigmaotr: The objectives of the Association are:
* To serve as a basis of response to the unity of the church especially as conatined in our Lord’s pastoral prayer that they all may be one - John 17 : 21.
* To promote understanding, peace and unity among the various people and strata of society in Nigeria through the propagation of the gospel.
* To act as a liaison committee by means of which its member – Churches can consult together and when necessary make common Statement and take common actions.
* To act as watch person of the Spiritual and moral welfare of the Nation.
In view of the above, I think it wont be out of place if we ask Pastor Ayo to stop dragging CAN into dirty games. He's free to do so on behalf of himself and his church, but not on behalf of CAN!
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by russello: 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
@op

Some of us here own taxi and bus (in my case, I have a haulage van) which we gave to a driver.

This driver balanced us certain amount based on an agreed term daily or weekly (in my case, weekly).

Most times, it's not your business to know the type of passenger he carries.

All you are concern about is that he (driver) balances you the agreed money daily or weekly. For some of us all we want to see is Bank Alert, datzall!

Like in my case, I don't want to know whether he (driver) decides to use my haulage van to transport potatoes from Nassarawa state to Delta state, or to transport tomatoes from Katsina state to Lagos state.

All I'm interested about is my weekly BANK ALERT!

Well, if he decides to use it for "illegal" deal one day, and he's caught.

1. The Police in going to invite me for questioning (as the registered owner of the van)

2. I'm going to have to present documents stating were my agreement starts and end with him (the driver on my van)

The point here is that I am different from my driver. The only connection I have with him (the driver) is strictly business.

Btw, there are companies that run this kind of business here in Nigeria. For example if you own a 911 Tipper, you can register it with them and hand it over to them. They will be balancing certain amount every week or month based on terms of agreement.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
enigmaotr:
In view of the above, I think it wont be out of place if we ask Pastor Ayo to stop dragging CAN into dirty games. He's free to do so on behalf of himself and his church, but not on behalf of CAN!
Wait oh, i think from what u said its i view of those objectives we should ask that can seriously and with much more energy partake in partisan politics...
Some of ur point reads...
* To act as watch person of the Spiritual and moral welfare of the Nation

How can these goals that involves nation building, peace, unity and coexistence be achieved when you don't partake in politics? Who makes decisions and policies that affect the entire Nation including Christians Politicians... My brother, it isn't out of place!!!
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 7:55pm On Sep 18, 2014
russello: @op

Some of us here own taxi and bus (in my case, I have a haulage van) which we gave to a driver.

This driver balanced us certain amount based on an agreed term daily or weekly (in my case, weekly).

All you are concern about is that he (driver) balances you the agreed money daily or weekly. For some of us all we want to see is Bank Alert, datzall!

Like in my case, I don't want to know whether he (driver) decides to use my haulage van to transport potatoes from Nassarawa state to Delta state, or to transport tomatoes from Katsina state to Lagos state.

1. The Police in going to invite me for questioning (as the registered owner of the van)

2. I'm going to have to present documents stating were my agreement starts and end with him (the driver on my van)

The point here is that I am different from my driver. The only connection I have with him (the driver) is strictly business.

Btw, there are companies that run this kind of business here in Nigeria. For example if you own a 911 Tipper, you can register it with them and hand it over to them. They will be balancing certain amount every week or month based on terms of agreement.
Godbless you mother...
This is what i am trying to explain to this people... Factually they know the truth, but because of political blindness and party politics they will not wanna accept it just to score cheap political points, and cause religious crisis plus target the man of God cos he is already a threat to their schemings... Anyway, forward ever we are going... Those that are wise knows better!!!
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by asamaigho(m): 9:40pm On Sep 18, 2014
Mogidi: While Imams and Emirs e.g Sanusi can meddle in politics, Christians are expected to stay mute and pray to God until boko haram over run their domain, thank God for people like Ayo Oritsejafor ja re.

Christians in Bornu, Jos, Kaduna have almost been decimated yet you won't find the Catholic church taking a stance, when all its congregation are wiped out, lets see how they'd get their lucrative Sunday offerings.

cant b said beta

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by asamaigho(m): 9:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
brownlords:

Forget all this talk bro, every thing in this country is political, can the sultan, emir deny ever benefiting from the presidency? Weather they come out openly or not does not matter, Ayo is the president of CAN believe it or not, APC high ranks have more of Muslims than Christians, and Nigeria has always been divided along religious line which the Christians suffer more from the religious war, I'm yet to hear of Christian killing Muslim down South, but you can't deny Muslims killing Christian at the slightest provocation, if Ayo is political I see nothing wrong with it, he is human and a Nigerian we all have our interest even if we try to deny it, the man in power is from the south, and a Christian too and Ayo happens to be the head of Christian if he support him he has done nothing wrong, El Rufai, Sir Buhari have always supported Muslims even in midst of the killings by Boko haram, El Rufai has said several times Bh are not Muslims, Buhari has said they are freedom fighters, meanwhile none of them condemn activities of Muslims even if they try to on the media, my question to you is this.

if you are a Christian and happen to be the CAN president, will you support APC that are likely to bring a Muslim candidate as against a Christian candidate? With what Christians in NE have suffered in the hand of Muslims? just be sincere to yourself and remember Jonathan is from the south, and Ayo is from south too it's only normal for him to support Jonathan as against a Muslim candidate, we can try to deceive ourselves but Nigeria has not gotten to that level you expect some people to be purely neutral, civil servant, NUC, NLC, ASUU agitations are political. Sad but true

1 million likes
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by OgologoDimkpa: 11:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
Demdem:

Brownfool, am no muslim and I lick no one the same way u succk jonaadaft, ur useless oba and now bling bling fool. U only stand for fools.
Shattap you are a muslim. BOKO ALERT shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 18, 2014
Freest:
Wait oh, i think from what u said its i view of those objectives we should ask that can seriously and with much more energy partake in partisan politics...
Some of ur point reads...
* To act as watch person of the Spiritual and moral welfare of the Nation

How can these goals that involves nation building, peace, unity and coexistence be achieved when you don't partake in politics? Who makes decisions and policies that affect the entire Nation including Christians Politicians... My brother, it isn't out of place!!!
Where did you read about partisan politics in their objectives? Serving as watch person doesn't imply taking sides! The CAN President can only give advice to government in power and not engage in dirty games and telling the world he's representing the whole body of Christ. He should take a clue from Jesus Christ who should be his role model! Read your Bible very well and tell me the way and manner Jesus meddled in politics in his time!
If Nigeria should vote along religious and ethnic line, you and I know, the person Pastor Ayo is dying to defend will never return elected next year! Pastor Ayo is free to participate in partisan politics, but please, it should be limited to his person and maybe his church and not CAN! CAN is not his personal business! He can continue to engage in weapon acquisition business business, but it should be as Pastor Ayo and not the President of CAN! The CAN President and Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor should be two separate entities.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Demdem(m): 3:56am On Sep 19, 2014
brownlords:

Lol, soon you meet your Waterloo, retardemdem I warned you, even if I don't agree with you, I still like to read your silly comment here and watch you display your foolishness and hatred for Jonathan after he wins feb. 15 if APC refuse to give ticket to the right candidate. Retardemdem, in the midst of happiness there is a brutal danger. You are playing with fire, I've warned you

Again fool, what waterloo will ur household face? Pending when u stop ur coccksucking, i promise u that u will have no peace both online and in real life.
Fool, i dont hate jonaadaft, i only hate the foolishness and stupidity the fool constantly display in governance.
If gullible Nigerians like u still want him, no shaking for Demdem, he still dey kampe but will that stop demdem from voicing out whenever he deem fit, hell no.
Brownfool, tell the ffucker at the palace to take it easy and ask bling bling fool to resign. Enough of the disgrace he has brought to christians.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Demdem(m): 3:58am On Sep 19, 2014
OgologoDimkpa: Shattap you are a muslim. BOKO ALERT shocked

Fool, how about if am not ur entire family should be crushed by a tipper lorry next week.
Say amen to that.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 4:25am On Sep 19, 2014
enigmaotr:
Where did you read about partisan politics in their objectives? Serving as watch person doesn't imply taking sides! The CAN President can only give advice to government in power and not engage in dirty games and telling the world he's representing the whole body of Christ. He should take a clue from Jesus Christ who should be his role model! Read your Bible very well and tell me the way and manner Jesus meddled in politics in his time!
If Nigeria should vote along religious and ethnic line, you and I know, the person Pastor Ayo is dying to defend will never return elected next year! Pastor Ayo is free to participate in partisan politics, but please, it should be limited to his person and maybe his church and not CAN! CAN is not his personal business! He can continue to engage in weapon acquisition business business, but it should be as Pastor Ayo and not the President of CAN! The CAN President and Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor should be two separate entities.
Must partisan politics be spelt out before you know it is needed to meet with thiose objectives How can one fulfill some of those objective as big as they are involving Christians in a whole Nation without having a say in politics
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 4:28am On Sep 19, 2014
Demdem:

Again fool, what waterloo will ur household face? Pending when u stop ur coccksucking, i promise u that u will have no peace both online and in real life.
Fool, i dont hate jonaadaft, i only hate the foolishness and stupidity the fool constantly display in governance.
If gullible Nigerians like u still want him, no shaking for Demdem, he still dey kampe but will that stop demdem from voicing out whenever he deem fit, hell no.
Brownfool, tell the ffucker at the palace to take it easy and ask bling bling fool to resign. Enough of the disgrace he has brought to christians.
Jonathan isn't a fool... He is doing and has done better, you don't just like him even if he does everything right cos of you're politically driven and brainwashed already not to like him so no matter what he does you wont like him, and you know the funny thing No one gives a bleep whether you like him or not. He is coming back 2015 just get used to it. Shikena!!!
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 4:33am On Sep 19, 2014
enigmaotr:
Further explanation, my point isn't asking CAN to take sides, my point in this thread has always been that they meddle, they have a stand, they make decisions that benefit Christians at large, they decide some policies atleast that will protect Christianity and their lives, they ensure peace, unity, coexistence, and growth... Those are the objective of CAN in my words and you cant achieve any os such without meddling... No way!!! Meddling to me doesn't mean taking sides, but having a say... Being part and one of the decision makers to protect your own just the way the Muslim clerics has always protected their own. Thanks
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 4:36am On Sep 19, 2014
Demdem:

As for you and this ur bling bling... Hand go meet u soon
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 4:39am On Sep 19, 2014

Carefully read through, especially the last objective, and tell me what you think!!!
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 7:14am On Sep 19, 2014
OgologoDimkpa: Shattap you are a muslim. BOKO ALERT shocked
grin grin grin
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 19, 2014
Freest:
Further explanation, my point isn't asking CAN to take sides, my point in this thread has always been that they meddle, they have a stand, they make decisions that benefit Christians at large, they decide some policies atleast that will protect Christianity and their lives, they ensure peace, unity, coexistence, and growth... Those are the objective of CAN in my words and you cant achieve any os such without meddling... No way!!! Meddling to me doesn't mean taking sides, but having a say... Being part and one of the decision makers to protect your own just the way the Muslim clerics has always protected their own. Thanks
CAN is not taking sides, but Pastor Ayo is now taking sides in politics on behalf of CAN without consultation with CAN stakeholders! Whatever the Pastor is doing with the President, he's doing it just because he has good relationship with Mr President, not because he's CAN President. He labelled everyone in APC islamist without giving second thought about Christians in the party. Whether you want to believe it or not, we have millions of APC members in the Church as I speak! He can use his influence to effect some policies in favor of Christians, no doubt, but partisan politics? No no! You don't hear the Sultan doing this openly! If he keep on displaying open hatred for Moslems and at point, the Moslems in PDP decides to go religious too? You'd agree with me that PDP is not less an Islamic party than APC!

Let him protect the interests of Christians in Nigeria without entangling himself in partisan politics in the Name of CAN!
Making unguided statements and engaging in shady deals in the name of the Christian body may spell doom and cause religious crisis! I see him losing his position soon if he continue this way!
Do I need to remind you that the JNI which has the Sultan as the hereditary Leader is in no way an equivalent of CAN! JNI is not purely a religious organisation, but CAN is! So care must be taken here.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Demdem(m): 8:27am On Sep 19, 2014
Freest:
Jonathan isn't a fool... He is doing and has done better, you don't just like him even if he does everything right cos of you're politically driven and brainwashed already not to like him so no matter what he does you wont like him, and you know the funny thing No one gives a bleep whether you like him or not. He is coming back 2015 just get used to it. Shikena!!!

Who do u think u are. Before u even know him, Av always known the drunkard. He was my governor in bayelsa and I know what am talking about when I say he is useless governance wise. U are entitled to ur opinion likewise I. Jonaadaft sucks governance wise.
I will advise u to stick to the bling bling fraud u are conversant with instead of delving on issues far beyond u. When u say politically driven, can u substantiate this or u simply got this from ur skewed thought?
Goon, if u don't give a damn then why telling me instead of minding ur business and let me be.
Even if he remains there till ur early grave, how does that affect me? Will it stop me from expressing my opinion as regards the drunkard......hell no.
U get use to that. Shikena.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Demdem(m): 8:29am On Sep 19, 2014
Freest:
As for you and this ur bling bling... Hand go meet u soon

What leprous hand will meet u? Is the bling bling fool ur father? Why are u ready to cut off ur neck for the fraud?
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Demdem(m): 8:31am On Sep 19, 2014
Freest:
grin grin grin

Demdem:

Fool, how about if am not ur entire family should be crushed by a tipper lorry next week.
Say amen to that.

Oya, open ur 32 and say amen to that also.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Freest(m): 1:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
Demdem:

Who do u think u are. Before u even know him, Av always known the drunkard. He was my governor in bayelsa and I know what am talking about when I say he is useless governance wise. U are entitled to ur opinion likewise I. Jonaadaft sucks governance wise.
I will advise u to stick to the bling bling fraud u are conversant with instead of delving on issues far beyond u. When u say politically driven, can u substantiate this or u simply got this from ur skewed thought?
Goon, if u don't give a damn then why telling me instead of minding ur business and let me be.
Even if he remains there till ur early grave, how does that affect me? Will it stop me from expressing my opinion as regards the drunkard......hell no.
U get use to that. Shikena.
I wish i could just see you and flog the hell out of you, cos with the way you are going, ypou definitely need public beating grin
Anyway, i forgive you... If i dont take care of you who will
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by Demdem(m): 2:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Freest:
I wish i could just see you and flog the hell out of you, cos with the way you are going, ypou definitely need public beating grin
Anyway, i forgive you... If i dont take care of you who will

Trust me, only if u are privileged to see me, u will bow.
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by chinasaekp3rem: 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
I am Chinemerem Emmanuel Okpan, a young and cool dude. I am Hiv positive and need a relationship. Thanks

Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by dare2think: 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
russello: @op

Apologies for deviating, could you give the info of such companies
Re: Why Shouldn't Can/ayo Oritsejafor Meddle In Partisan Politics??? by bwideity: 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
No matter who you kill do not forget that that person was created by GOD, two wrongs will never make a right, if you called yourself christian then be ready to surrender all to JESUS CHRIST, if he like let him save you, if he didn't then be sure you have somewhere to go better than this, we all christian preach about Sweet heaven, at the same we are ready to do everything to stay and even make this present world ours forever.

I can understand the fear of an ordinary church goer ready to arm himself or herself, if am afraid to die today, let me say it is because of my fear that am not sure of where i will be going afterlife, but for our MOG that claim to listen to GOD voice everyday, i think there must be a different.

Even as a sinner that i am, i still called upon the name of the lord for my protection cos if only guns can save then what happen to our soldiers and boko bois that lost their lives.

We are need to join hands together and pray for NA to win this war, while we continue to do our task of preaching peace.

For those of you that will want to oppose my view, please do not quote me just share you view, cos what if after you get all the weapons and you still lose your life what will be your profit.

Mark 8:36: And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do You Want Biafra / Secessionists; Aftermath Of Leaving Nigeria / Ifeanyi Uba Of Capital Oil Has Offered To Be Nnamdi Kanu’s Surety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.