Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:42 AM

Who Recovers From Heartbreak Quicker? Men Or Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Recovers From Heartbreak Quicker? Men Or Women? (1256 Views)

How You Can Heal From Heartbreak / Who Recovers Faster After A Breakup Men Or Women? / Fastest Way to Get Over Heartbreak? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Recovers From Heartbreak Quicker? Men Or Women? by doctorofgirls(m): 1:37pm On Sep 18, 2014
Lately I have heard a lot of women say that men struggle more with moving on. You always see situations where the man just won’t let go no matter how hard the woman tries to tell him it’s over. It could be years since the breakup, and that man is still trying to get her back and make something happen.
Of course, we see women struggle too …but on the surface they seem to reach a point where they have moved on a lot quicker, well that is what many believe. They shed plenty of tears and experienced many sleepless nights. But now they appear to have accepted that it’s over. However, I don’t believe women recover faster than men. I also don’t believe men are better at moving on either. There are a lot of misunderstandings that lead to a belief that one moves on faster than the other, but lets take a deeper look.
Many women eventually learn the skill of “managing their emotions”. They have enough experiences of being emotionally vulnerable that they understand how to deal with them (in a way that they are “comfortable” with). They also learn how to take greater control by not putting themselves in emotionally vulnerable positions.
In many cases, when that woman experiences heartbreak with a man she is truly in love with (has a deep and genuine connection with him) there is only so much she is willing to deal with emotionally. She has addressed her feelings to a certain extent, but she isn’t willing to deal with it anymore and wants to get her “emotional control” back.
When she reaches that “this is enough” point, it would seem to others that she has moved on. What is actually happening, in many cases, is that she is simply stuffing her feelings away in an emotional closet. She will then lock the door and find enough distractions (work, kids, another man, etc) to allow her to believe and portray that she is “over it”. In reality, the feelings are still there and the right kind of moment/event can bust that door wide open.
The thing is other people may never witness when that moment occurs. That woman may do everything in her power to not let anyone see what is going on inside of her (maybe a very close friend will catch a glimpse). She will have her “moment” and then she will proceed to place everything back in that closet, lock the door, and get back to her distractions.
With men it is a little different. Men are not typically raised to be in touch with their emotions and many struggle with learning how to manage them. They are taught to “suck it up” “man up” and simply suppress what they feel without addressing it at all. Add that to the fact that a lot of men don’t find themselves “in love” with a woman many times in their life. So when it does happen, this emotional vulnerability is very foreign and rare to them.
So for this to occur and end in disappointment, the man may find it all very difficult to handle. Some will wear it on their sleeve because they don’t know, haven’t learned, or believe they shouldn’t contain this emotion that they are now experiencing. Others will just attempt to suppress the pain because that is what they know how to do. They will pretty much attempt the same stuffing of the emotional closet that I stated with the women. The difference is when the door busts wide open, it is likely to be seen one way or another/ continue from www..com/talk/topic,217520.0.html
Re: Who Recovers From Heartbreak Quicker? Men Or Women? by Tymax(m): 1:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
Modified
undecided
Re: Who Recovers From Heartbreak Quicker? Men Or Women? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
Girls suffer alot...it usually take alot of time before they recover....

Guys forget easily....
Re: Who Recovers From Heartbreak Quicker? Men Or Women? by Tymax(m): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
temigracie:

lwkmdfh.....

Girls suffer alot...it usually take alot of time before they recover....

Guys forget easily....
I've deleted all of it na. Shuo
Re: Who Recovers From Heartbreak Quicker? Men Or Women? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 18, 2014
Tymax:
I've deleted all of it na. Shuo

.....Modified....
Re: Who Recovers From Heartbreak Quicker? Men Or Women? by AfricanApple(f): 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2014
I think it's on a scale of 40 to 50 with d male folks carrying d higher percentage. women find it very difficult to move on after a heart break, that is why u see most of them saying they can not give their 100 percent love to a man blah blah, they usually feel used thereby fearing to commit themselves again
talk about when the woman is of age, after such break up she feels like killing herself cos lots of men has come for her and she has rejected them either calmly or aggressively believing its love forever, then comes d break up after which no man is coming to her again and she knows she is in a society where if u don't get married by dat age u are in okro soup with society's discrimination. just imagine the kinda emotional trauma she will go true knowing all this.
Re: Who Recovers From Heartbreak Quicker? Men Or Women? by Dygeasy(m): 2:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
I'd say the one who has invested the most in the relationship. Or the one who got the lesser out of the relationship.

There are no laid down rules as to who gets hurt the more. Humans date humans and they have feelings.

No interspecie relationshipS cheesy
Re: Who Recovers From Heartbreak Quicker? Men Or Women? by lawrenceunaa: 5:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
the longer the relationship the longer it takes to be delectec from the memory wink

The partner that broke the relationship already has an alternative so he/ she doesn't feel hurt cheesy

But a guy can pretend and laugh with frns just to forget abt a broken relationship with the lady he truely loves grin

Ladies might join folks to party just to forget but might end up sitting @ a corner crying shocked

While some ladies who are in are a 'scratch my back, i scratch ur back' relationship don't feel a thing @ all grin
Re: Who Recovers From Heartbreak Quicker? Men Or Women? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 18, 2014
Girls do. Men don't get on easily. Even on here, when they get heart broken, you see topics like "All nigerian girls are the same" And "18 types of girls you must not date" etc. Guys i lie?
Re: Who Recovers From Heartbreak Quicker? Men Or Women? by philantoxx(m): 10:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
guys are configured to move on.creation story.

(1) (Reply)

7 To-dos Before Taking Back A Cheater! / 13 Ways To Know You’re Dating A High-quality Woman / Relationship Advice To Ladies And Guys About Sex. (must Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.