Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:45 PM

Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano (15661 Views)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway Ready In 24 Months –fashola / FG To Speed Up Completion Of International Cargo Terminal At Owerri Airport / Obiano Visits Scene Of Fatal Accident In Umuchu, Anambra (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
Arysexy:

Don't confuse Anamabra / enugu with Anambra / Awka created in 1991.
Anambra State was created by Murtala Muhammed in February 1976. It's capital was Enugu. Its first executive governor was Jim Nwobodo, later C. C. Onoh. It's university had three campuses in Enugu, Awka and Nnewi. When Enugu State was created, it inherited the one in Enugu (now ESUT). The one in Awka (now NAU) was handed over to the FG by Ezeife in 1993.
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 7:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
I am sure she will bring the aerotropolis to Anambra. Even the new Aviation Minister is equally from Anambra so all of them will liaise on that..

Its a win-win for Anambra..

dhardline: Before stella was removed she planned on starting the construction of an aerotropolis in lagos state but now that she is the chairperson of this commitee in Anambra state i sincerely hope she brings the aerotropolis project home to the state thats if the state can fund it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by YorubaBigot: 7:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
YES'OOOO!!!!!!

Anambra mma mma nu!!!

Igbo nine mma mma nu!!!

Oganiru bu nke anyi!!!

Osebulu uwa dube anyi nine!!!!

ISEEEEEEE!!!!! cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Arysexy(m): 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Anambra State was created by Murtala Muhammed in February 1976. It's capital was Enugu. Its first executive governor was Jim Nwobodo, later C. C. Onoh. It's university had three campuses in Enugu, Awka and Nnewi. When Enugu State was created, it inherited the one in Enugu (now ESUT). The one in Awka (now NAU) was handed over to the FG by Ezeife in 1993.

Can u recite 36 states and capitals for me, when u get to Anambra what do u say?

old Anambra and present Anambra have different dates of creation, if we are talking about old Anambra then Enugu airport counts.

Dude did u smoke dry ewedu leaves?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by YorubaBigot: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
Sealeddeal: what are talking about? Anambra need an airport. We need every port we can get.
GBAM, GBAMMER, GBAMEST! cool

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by YorubaBigot: 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
[s]Anambra State was created by Murtala Muhammed in February 1976. It's capital was Enugu. Its first executive governor was Jim Nwobodo, later C. C. Onoh. It's university had three campuses in Enugu, Awka and Nnewi. When Enugu State was created, it inherited the one in Enugu (now ESUT). The one in Awka (now NAU) was handed over to the FG by Ezeife in 1993[/s].
look at this one, olodo worwor is the nonsense you spewed above the reason you were expelled from unilorin? cool

8 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by YorubaBigot: 7:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
BuddahMonk: Anambra need a functioning seaport more than a busy Airport but I hope it will not end up like that of Osunistan being constructed in Germany by the Supreme Leader Ayottolah Ogbeni Ali Bin Rauf Aragbashola .

Tunde will curse me now grin grin grin

LWKMD gringringringringringringrin

4 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by YorubaBigot: 7:24pm On Sep 18, 2014
orlandoowoh come back here and answer my question, dont run away cos i will still find you, no peace for the wicked, your own don pafuka for nl.

come and tell us why you joined cultism and raped a female student in uni. No hiding place for the evil one cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
anonimi:

Any similar ACTION plan for provision of something as BASIC as TAP water all over Anambra state
Anyone who is privy to such plan should please share.
Thanks in advance.

There are several water schemes going on in Anambra. They were started by Obi and Obiano has continued with the work,soon as they are completed tap water scarcity will be history. Anambra is working all sectors,simultaneously.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nwanne mu we need the airport as much as we need the seaport..

BuddahMonk: Anambra need a functioning seaport more than a busy Airport
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
Arysexy:

Can u recite 36 states and capitals for me, when u get to Anambra what do u say?

old Anambra and present Anambra have different dates of creation, if we are talking about old Anambra then Enugu airport counts.

Chino, tell this boy when Anambra State was created.
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:00pm On Sep 18, 2014
Well,at first I didnt like the idea of an airport because I thought we had more pressing issues.
But,as I keep thinking about the gains that it will bring to Anambra I had to give in. Also,I thought since we have Asaba and Enugu airport we should focus on other areas like industrialisation,agricultural,housing and urban renewa. But it is all good because we can all do them at tbe same time and keep breaking developmental records like we have been doing. We have in a governor a man,in my opinion whom I think will take Anambra to where she belongs. Obiano understands development and sees it from all angles. This man has some of the finest team in Nigeria working with him; Calistus Ilozumba,Asike,Obaze,Deputy Okeke and Tony Onyima are some of the finest professionals you can beg to be in your team.

Now,look at the committee he just setup for this project....Adadioramma Stella Odua,Nwawka,Ilozumba and Chuma mbonu.....These are some of the finest technocrats in the country. Obiano is very wise and I see glory for him.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:45pm On Sep 18, 2014
It's a shame that some indigenes of Anambra State here don't know when it's created and its first capital. Exam miracle centres are at work.
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
Obiano as a technocrat undoubtedly has the best working team who are all technocrats..

Anambra adigo mma..

OdenigboAroli: Well,at first I didnt like the idea of an airport because I thought we had more pressing issues.
But,as I keep thinking about the gains that it will bring to Anambra I had to give in. Also,I thought since we have Asaba and Enugu airport we should focus on other areas like industrialisation,agricultural,housing and urban renewa. But it is all good because we can all do them at tbe same time and keep breaking developmental records like we have been doing. We have in a governor a man,in my opinion whom I think will take Anambra to where she belongs. Obiano understands development and sees it from all angles. This man has some of the finest team in Nigeria working with him; Calistus Ilozumba,Asike,Obaze,Deputy Okeke and Tony Onyima are some of the finest professionals you can beg to be in your team.

Now,look at the committee he just setup for this project....Adadioramma Stella Odua,Nwawka,Ilozumba and Chuma mbonu.....These are some of the finest technocrats in the country. Obiano is very wise and I see glory for him.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by cjrane: 8:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
The runway should be at least 3.5KM and with very good terminal building.
Nigeria has outgrown mushroom airports and shoul not be accepted by Anambra

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by asadike(f): 9:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
umu igbo kwezuo ni. God bless igboland nd God bless Anambra state nd its governor, Willing Obiano. God bless umu igbo ndi nke furu igboland na anya na nairaland. Ogadiri umu nnem na nairaland nma. I lov u al.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by OreMI22: 10:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
I hope he builds something standard like the Dutse airport in the picture with runway at least up to 4 kilometers.

In the end, it will all be a collossal waste of money which will ruin Obiano and his party. Although he promised to build that airport, the reality of a modern Asaba International airport has since made obsolete the need for Oba airport or any such local airports around Onitsha.

After sinking about N50 -60 billion naira in that project, he will understand the reality of Asaba International airport. Onitsha traders will still prefer to land in Asaba and ride on a smooth expressway to their homes than land somewhere in Anam and drive on winding state roads for hours to get to their home in Onitsha. Besides the distance from Onitsha city, many airlines will still prefer to ply the more modern airport with better amenities. Anambra and Delta will then be locked in a competition to improve their airport, and we know which state has more abundant resources to embark on such wasteful venture.In the end, because of it location and other advantages, airlines will still prefer Asaba International airport to using Anam.

Obiano will better serve his state by investing this N50 -60 billion naira in a state Independent power plant, or complete the state refinery and make it functional or even build a light rail connecting Onitsha to Nnewi or Onitsha to Awka. I don't expect people that cannot reason beyond tomorrow to see what is being said here. So I will say Big congratulations to Obiano and co. Please build the Anam International airport. But, be prepared for the dire political consequences on you and your team after you squander the people's money in a white elephant project that has since ceased to be a priority of the state since air access into Onitsha started more than 3 years ago.

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by HappyJoe: 10:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
cjrane: The runway should be at least 3.5KM and with very good terminal building.
Nigeria has outgrown mushroom airports and shoul not be accepted by Anambra

I wish it will not be, but the end result will be a poor quality job - if the airport ever gets built.

APGA will always use cheap, local contractors and will never do a good job.
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by 3dankey(m): 5:48am On Sep 19, 2014
I hope that this becomes a reality, for those saying otherwise please why do u speak like this. Every one here know that an Airport project in ANAMBRA state is long over due. Delta state built their airport just because of anambra and also awarded a dual carriage way from warri port to Asaba (do you know how many KM that road is) also because of anambra. I can still remember the speech the governor (Delta state) gave concerning the road project (Warri port to Asaba). Where he said that he had already held meeting with Onitsha Traders before awarding the road project.
Listen to all the haters, all Airport's (Enugu,Imo,Asaba and even Ph) around the region will survive. Also please read the heading again before commenting Cargo/Passenger Airport. Please let us be happy with each other, we need to travel to know that all this Hatred among us will do us no good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 7:06am On Sep 19, 2014
The enemies are here just like the Boko Harams are here.. grin grin grin grin grin

You already feel threatened even when we are just starting.. grin grin

I know that people like you will come to talk this nonsense as if you know better than we do. Asaba airport was never viable but was built because of Onitsha and Nnewi besides it is very far from Anambra compare to the one Anambra is building very close by at Otuocha area which is just 15mins drive to Onitsha, 25mins to Awka and 45-50mins to Nnewi.

We are building the most advanced airport that will make Enugu, Asaba and rest of them look like motorpark. You need to see the people in the team, they are all proven technocrats in their respective fields. The road from Onitsha (3-3) to the airport has already been marked for dualization to contain the traffic to the airport. Anambra International airport will be funded on the basis of PPP so get your facts right before being silly with your silly incoherent comment.

The airport will have an additional runway for the Orient Petroleum to sell their aviation fuel to airlines that will be landing there to refill their airplanes. That means we are gonna see an aviation hub first ever in Nigeria..

Anambra Internationl Cargo/Passenger Airport will be the busiest and most economically viable ever in West Africa..

[s]
OreMI22: I hope he builds something standard like the Dutse airport in the picture with runway at least up to 4 kilometers.

In the end, it will all be a collossal waste of money which will ruin Obiano and his party. Although he promised to build that airport, the reality of a modern Asaba International airport has since made obsolete the need for Oba airport or any such local airports around Onitsha.

After sinking about N50 -60 billion naira in that project, he will understand the reality of Asaba International airport. Onitsha traders will still prefer to land in Asaba and ride on a smooth expressway to their homes than land somewhere in Anam and drive on winding state roads for hours to get to their home in Onitsha. Besides the distance from Onitsha city, many airlines will still prefer to ply the more modern airport with better amenities. Anambra and Delta will then be locked in a competition to improve their airport, and we know which state has more abundant resources to embark on such wasteful venture.In the end, because of it location and other advantages, airlines will still prefer Asaba International airport to using Anam.

Obiano will better serve his state by investing this N50 -60 billion naira in a state Independent power plant, or complete the state refinery and make it functional or even build a light rail connecting Onitsha to Nnewi or Onitsha to Awka. I don't expect people that cannot reason beyond tomorrow to see what is being said here. So I will say Big congratulations to Obiano and co. Please build the Anam International airport. But, be prepared for the dire political consequences on you and your team after you squander the people's money in a white elephant project that has since ceased to be a priority of the state since air access into Onitsha started more than 3 years ago.
[/s]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 7:10am On Sep 19, 2014
They are all enemies who pretend they are our brothers but always feel intimidated with each move we make. cheesy

Anambra is in good hands and we shall keep intimidating them with our groundbreaking advancements until they all die of HBP.

Imagine the enemies already feeling jittery, they actually think that Anambra will continue to ply their airport forever without having theirs.. cheesy cheesy

Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport has come to stay and no devil ranting on the pages of Nairaland can stop it..

Anambra adigo mma..

3dankey: I hope that this becomes a reality, for those saying otherwise please why do u speak like this. Every one here know that an Airport project in ANAMBRA state is long over due. Delta state built their airport just because of anambra and also awarded a dual carriage way from warri port to Asaba (do you know how many KM that road is) also because of anambra. I can still remember the speech the governor (Delta state) gave concerning the road project (Warri port to Asaba). Where he said that he had already held meeting with Onitsha Traders before awarding the road project.
Listen to all the haters, all Airport's (Enugu,Imo,Asaba and even Ph) around the region will survive. Also please read the heading again before commenting Cargo/Passenger Airport. Please let us be happy with each other, we need to travel to know that all this Hatred among us will do us no good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ofala(m): 8:00am On Sep 19, 2014
I can imagine the boost this will have on the commercial nerves of Nnewi, Onitsha, Nkpor and other business hubs across the State and beyond.

*Anambra ga-adi mma oooo*

Well done Gov Willie

3 Likes

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ofala(m): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2014
International Cargo Airport is needed in Anambra since 50 years ago, needless to mention its economic importance and that of passengers airport.

Where is it going to be situated...same Oba Junction?

Well done Gov Willie

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 8:01am On Sep 19, 2014
The area mapped out in Anambra north for the airport, petrochemical plant, refinery, hospitality, housing estates etc..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 8:06am On Sep 19, 2014
The site is Anambra north Umuleri/Nteje axis which has flat land suitable for such project and also has very large expanse of land for future expansion. The good part is that the airport will serve the Orient Petroleum facilities in that area equally service the economic nerve centers of Onitsha and Nnewi. The airport is just 15mins drive to Onitsha, 25mins to Awka and 45mins to Nnewi.

It was moved from Oba because it does not have flat and virgin land like

ofala: International Cargo Airport is needed in Anambra since 50 years ago, needless to mention its economic importance and that is passengers airport.

Where is it going to be situated...same Oba Junction?

Well done Gov Willie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:13am On Sep 19, 2014
Arysexy:

Onye isi okpukpu agidi, do you now know the year Anambra State was created and its first capital?
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by chinasaekperem3: 9:11am On Sep 19, 2014
Please let everybody go to this thread and warn his babe against cultists www.nairaland.com/1910144/ladies-date-cultist#1910144.1
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 19, 2014
Commendable....

It might be difficult to get airlines to fly into it though. It is in direct competition with Asaba and Enugu airports which are very close. Building the airport will cause one of these airports to lose business...I dont see the project as a critical one right now
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by ChinoElects: 9:30am On Sep 19, 2014
At least 50% of the users of the airports you mentions are Anambrans coupled with the fact that the airport will sell aviation fuel. So having the airport in Anambra will eventually crash the ones in Asaba and Enugu to some extent, because there are little or no economic activities in those states to drive the airport in the first place. The airport is a critical infrastructure in Anambra because it will go on and open the state in the areas of oil/gas, industrialization, commercialization, agriculture, jobs etc..

nwanna89: Commendable....

It might be difficult to get airlines to fly into it though. It is in direct competition with Asaba and Enugu airports which are very close. Building the airport will cause one of these airports to lose business...I dont see the project as a critical one right now

1 Like

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Ubomeze: 9:41am On Sep 19, 2014
Jim Nwobodo was elected the first civilian governor of Anambra state in 1979 and stayed in office up to 1983 when he was rigged out of office by the then NPN govt that installed CC Onoh after a court battle. CC Onoh was governor for 3 months before Buhari overthrew the Shagari adminisrtation in December 1983.
OrlandoOwoh:
Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 19, 2014
I know your from Enugu but as you claim your mum told you your from Anambra since you have a relative there while your dad is yet to refute whether your mum is saying the truth or trying to attache you to Umu Omambala by using you as a bait grin grin grin

I have been following your comment whenerve Anambra State is mention but i was like is this an Abagworo alter ego.

Let me educate you, if your trying to instigate a fight between Anambra and Enugu, am assuring you that Ndi Enugwu will in no distance time declare you persona non grata and the fate of Abagworo will be your portion.

Am telling to you to thread cautiously and desist from trying to ruffle some feathers because when the chips are down you will forever regret it.

Am not saying you shouldnt have an opposing view, but overflogging and grandstanding about threads concerning Anambra State should henceforth stop by you, you can criticize policies of government but dont draw Anambra peeps into your conjectures..

Bekiaful or else Abagworo will be more honorable than you here.

His Enugwu kinsmen should warn him so that those that didnt gathered ants infested firewood dont invite the lizard to their homes.
HappyJoe:

I wish it will not be, but the end result will be a poor quality job - if the airport ever gets built.

APGA will always use cheap, local contractors and will never do a good job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra International Cargo/Passenger Airport (AICA) Ready In 18months - Obiano by HappyJoe: 12:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
APGA has not delivered a single standard infrastructure project. I doubt this airport will be the first.

Most probably it will be of poor quality & not delivered on trip. When Obiano talked about it previously, he called it an "airstrip" - and that is exactly what it will be.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

April Polls: President Jonathan Should Not Abandon PDP Governors By Obinna / David Mark: Counsels Close Case, Benue Tribunal Set To Announce Date Of Judgment / Why We Haven't Disciplined Anyone Over Maina's Recall - Oyo-ita Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.