Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,463 members, 7,808,644 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 (5843 Views)

What's The Cause Of High Divorce Rate Among Nigerian Nurses In USA? / Lawyers Lament High Divorce Rate In Nigeria / High Increase In Divorce Rate In Our Society: Women The Cause, Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Songitto(m): 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
Divorce means the life-partners get separated
from one another for a lifetime. It is true to
say that divorce is a slap on the face of our
societies, it accompanies destruction of not
only two lives but also two families. The
reasons of divorce can be varying, such as the
lack of mental compatibility, lesser mutual
interactions, no babies, and sometimes the
jobless men are left by their wives because
they have failed to run the families properly....

Here is the list of top 10 countries with highest
divorce rate in 2014.

10. Canada:
Canada is a developed nation, but with various
social problems. The people here remain too
busy in coping up with the challenges of
tomorrow and don’t spend time with their
families. This is one of the reasons of
increased divorce rate in Canada, in addition to
various other family issues. It is considered
that the rate of divorce in Canada during this
year has increased 50 % from 2013.

9. India:
Although India is a country of rich cultural and
religious values, but still it has an alarming
divorce rate. The people of India are living
miserable and backward lives. The lack of job
opportunities and education among such
people are the reasons of the divorce. The men
fail to earn sufficient to support their families
and thus leave their wives. The estimated rate
of of divorce in India is 2100 cases annually.

8. South Korea:
The divorce rate in South Korea, during this
year, has tripled as compared to 2013. The
common reasons of this issue in this country
are lack of mutual understanding and no time
to spend with the partners, which lead them get
separated.

7. Russia:
Russia, although, has become a developed and
economically strong country, but the internal
issues like crimes and divorce rates seem to be
not ending in the near future. In Russia the rate
of divorce, during 2014, has increased 65.4 %
which is a serious matter indeed.

6. Ukraine:
The male community of Ukraine is of
dominating nature. For them their wives are
the inferior personalities and this usually
becomes the reason of increased divorce rate
in Ukraine. This rate has increased almost 43.5%.

5. Italy:
Italians live hectic lives, all the men and
women in Italy are professional and do
different sorts of jobs. They fail to pay
attention to each other and to the children and
thus lack of affection becomes the reason of
divorce. In Italy, the divorce rate has almost
doubled than the previous two to three years.

4. South Africa:
Whenever a boy and girl in South Africa get
married, they are strongly adviced by the
parents and relatives to live with each other.
Sounds strange? Don’t get surprised because
unfortunately the South African partners love
to live apart due to professional reasons. This
gives rise to lack of love and sexual
relationships and finally they get no room of
compromise. In South Africa, 61.2 % is the
current rate of divorce which was about 34.5 %
in previous few years.

3. Aruba:
Divorce in Aruba is a common habit of the
people belonging to villages. These live
somewhat poor lives and lack of earning
opportunities lead them get involved into
divorce or murder like issues. The men kill
their females because they don’t have anything
for them to eat. This is, indeed, a very bad and
shocking thing but still it’s the truth. In Aruba
the males are dominating and don’t care much
of their wives, this is yet another reason of
divorce rate, which according to the current
stat has 81 % increased.

2. United Kingdom:
It is obvious for us to understand why the
divorce rate in United Kingdom is so high,
definitely the people here are open minded and
don’t pay too much attention to their families.
If on one hand, the married men have
girlfriends then on the other hand the wives are
not behind the race to spend time with their
boyfriends rather than the husbands. In
different cities of UK, the divorce rate has
doubled (about 53 %) from what it was in

1. United States of America:
USA is a nation of multicultured people. In
order for the USA citizens to cope up with the
challenges of advancements and development,
they live really hectic lives with lots of
workload, which means no time for the
families. Thus, USA has the highest divorce
rate in the world which has five times
increased during this year as compared to

http://www.top10for.com/top-10-countries-highest-divorce-rate-2014/
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by TV01(m): 3:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
...either the stats or the dates in this article are wrong - obviously. Divorce in the UK has not doubled (or increased by 53%) since 2013.

Divorce should still be avoided, hated and stigmatised though.

TV
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 18, 2014
that means 9ja is safe
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 18, 2014
Without clicking on the thread sef I knew America will top that list
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Sep 18, 2014
TV01: ...either the stats or the dates in this article are wrong - obviously. Divorce in the UK has not doubled (or increased by 53%) since 2013.

TV

TV on his mission again. smiley

Yeah, let people spend their lives in misery because some people think it's a stigma to be divorced. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by TV01(m): 3:56pm On Sep 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

TV on his mission again. smiley

Yeah, let people spend their lives in misery because some people think it's a stigma to be divorced. tongue

No one is prescribong misery. Either 1. Do not marry or 2. Marry with understanding. See, only joy and fulfillment. No misery, and no divorce with it's attendant societal cost.

Happy?

TV

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Songitto(m): 3:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
TV01: ...either the stats or the dates in this article are wrong - obviously. Divorce in the UK has not doubled (or increased by 53%) since 2013.

TV

Are you a native of UK?? I guess
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 18, 2014
TV01:

No one is prescribong misery. Either 1. Do not marry or 2. Marry with understanding. See, only joy and fulfillment. No misery, and no divorce with it's attendant societal cost.

Happy?

TV

You cannot predict the future when you get married. Circumstances can change, people can change, love can fade away. There are plenty of reason why a marriage can turn very sour in the course of time.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by TV01(m): 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
Songitto:

Are you a native of UK?? I guess

Resident of the UK. All the figures are dodgy. Right from Canada at no 10.

Songitto:
10. Canada:
Canada is a developed nation, but with various
social problems. The people here remain too
busy in coping up with the challenges of
tomorrow and don’t spend time with their
families. This is one of the reasons of
increased divorce rate in Canada, in addition to
various other family issues. It is considered
that the rate of divorce in Canada during this
year has increased 50 % from 2013.

We can't have figures for 2014 yet as it's still 2014 and no way it increases 50% y-o-y, even in a secular-liberal place like Canada.

TV

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by TV01(m): 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You cannot predict the future when you get married. Circumstances can change, people can change, love can fade away. There are plenty of reason why a marriage can turn very sour in the course of time.

Your confusion and lack of understanding are glaring;
- Circumstances can change, but commitment does not have too.
- Indeed, not only can love fade, it will fade - as a feeling - your commitment to loving however, remains.
- As many reasons as there are for a marriage to turn sour, there are more for it to remain, deepen and become sweeter over time.

I'd counsel you to apply advice #1 until you get it.

TV

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2014
TV01:

Resident of the UK. All the figures are dodgy. Right from Canada at no 10.

We can't have figures for 2014 yet as it's still 2014 and no way it increases 50% y-o-y, even in a secular-liberal place like Canada.

TV

The website quoted is one of the most unreliable sources I have come across. And you have just proven why.

The last time someone quoted an article from this website, Germany was a very dangerous place. grin

Unfortunately, people think that everything on the Internet is right and true.

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by TV01(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
carefreewannabe:

The website quoted is one of the most unreliable sources I have come across. And you have just proven why.

The last time someone quoted an article from this website, Germany was a very dangerous place. grin

Unfortunately, people think that everything on the Internet is right and true.
You actually clicked on it?
As soon as I read #10, I knew it was wrong. And it was all the way to #1.

Everyone knows the country with the highest divorce rate grin!

TV
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
TV01:

Your confusion and lack of understanding are glaring;

You could have made your point without snappish remarks.

- Circumstances can change, but commitment does not have too.

My commitment depends on several factors. One of them would be my partner's behavior.

- Indeed, not only can love fade, it will fade - as a feeling - your commitment to loving however, remains.

Love does not necessarily have to fade. It can change and become even deeper and stronger.

Did you say, I was confused?

If love is a feeling, how can I commit to loving? It is either I feel it or I don't.

- As many reasons as there are for a marriage to turn sour, there are more for it to remain, deepen and become sweeter over time.

True and depending on the individual situation a person can have more reasons to leave than to remain and vice versa.

I'd counsel you to apply advice #1 until you get it.

TV

Like I said, my commitment is not unconditional. wink

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
TV01:

TV

I have given it a chance.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Songitto(m): 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2014
TV01:

TV

Do your finding and post it here with the source the let's compare to each other

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by TV01(m): 4:34pm On Sep 18, 2014
carefreewannabe: You could have made your point without snappish remarks.
Apologies. I am passionately jealous for marriage.

carefreewannabe: My commitment depends on several factors. One of them would be my partner's behavior.
Then why make it? In truth, it sounds more like it depends more on your feelings.

carefreewannabe: Love does not necessarily have to fade. It can change and become even deeper and stronger.
In all likelihood it will wax and wane

carefreewannabe: Did you say, I was confused?
...and scared. It's probably your main driver regards marriage wink!

carefreewannabe: If love is a feeling, how can I commit to loving? It is either I feel it or I don't.
If...

carefreewannabe: True and depending on the individual situation a person can have more reasons to leave than to remain and vice versa.
Commit then love. If you love then commit, your commitment will fade with the love. Regardless of your spouses behaviour.

carefreewannabe: Like I said, my commitment is not unconditional. wink
Like I said, it is therefore not a commitment. More of a wish...and the union a fairytale grin!

TV

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by TV01(m): 4:36pm On Sep 18, 2014
Songitto: Do your finding and post it here with the source the let's compare to each other
I'll pass thanks. Comparing numbers does not change the nature of the beast - or my position on divorce.

TV
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Songitto(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2014
Songitto:

Do your findings and post it here with the source then let's compare to each other
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
TV01:
Apologies. I am passionately jealous for marriage.

Believe it or nor but I respect it.

I just have a problem when you say that people should be stigmatized. I don't think anyone has ever dreamt of divorce so if people divorce, they have their reasons and it is not for us to judge them.

Then why make it?

Why not? The decision to be committed does not mean that it is a do or die affair.

In all likelihood it will wax and wane

I think you confuse love with infatuation. Infatuation will definitely fade. Love is a different thing.

...and scared. It's probably your main driver regards marriage wink!

I am not scared of marriage as I have the possibility to leave it when I decide to. wink

If...

You said love was a feeling. wink

Commit then love. If you love then commit, your commitment will fade with the love. Regardless of your spouses behaviour.

I commit to who I love, not the other way round. And I commit to a person that deserves it and as long as this person deserves it. The person stops to deserve it the day I discover that the relationship/marriage is in some way destructive.

Like I said, it is therefore not a commitment. More of a wish...and the union a fairytale grin!

TV

Commitment does not mean that you accept and tolerate anything. You can be committed for some time and then decide that it is better not to be.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by TV01(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
carefreewannabe: Believe it or nor but I respect it.
But you don't fully understand or reverence it.

carefreewannabe: I just have a problem when you say that people should be stigmatized. I don't think anyone has ever dreamt of divorce so if people divorce, they have their reasons and it is not for us to judge them.
Divorce should be stigmatised. And if breaking a marriage is to have no moral value, why should solemnising one?

carefreewannabe: Why not? The decision to be committed does not mean that it is a do or die affair.
So you want the "do" without the "die"? The decision to commit does not mean you have to marry.

carefreewannabe: I think you confuse love with infatuation. Infatuation will definitely fade. Love is a different thing.
No, I do not.

carefreewannabe: I am not scared of marriage as I have the possibility to leave it when I decide to. wink
If there is an open door, then it's not marriage. If there isn't then you are fearful or don;t actually want marriage. Not for the right reasons anyway.

carefreewannabe: You said love was a feeling. wink
No, I said if it's a feeling, then it will fade or wax and wane. And is no basis for commitment. The commitment is love.

carefreewannabe: I commit to who I love, not the other way round.
Then when the feeling goes, the commitment follows.

carefreewannabe: And I commit to a person that deserves it and as long as this person deserves it. The person stops to deserve it the day I discover that the relationship/marriage is in some way destructive.
So it's really based on how you feel? Not on the commitment? In which case, why make it? Why marriage? You can have any number of alternative arrangements and your variable commitment. Why seek a vow of permanancy, when even as you make it, in your heart, it is not necessarily so.

carefreewannabe: Commitment does not mean that you accept and tolerate anything. You can be committed for some time and then decide that it is better not to be.
If what you accept,tolerate or feel are all subjective, why take vows. You can co-habit, live apart and visit, be partners, lovers or anyhting you both decide to construct. Why seek marriage when it doesn't fit the model of your relationship?

TV

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by gidjah(m): 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2014
SOME SET of persons have made this topic terrible to follow ;care free woman,TV,songitto,all of u listed above are all guilty of complexity and here by sentenced to eternal secret circle!

3 Likes

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by ihedinobi2: 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ok. I have bought a permanent seat on this thread. I'm rooting for Bro TV. cheesy
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2014
TV01:
But you don't fully understand or reverence it.

I don't know if I fully understand it.

Divorce should be stigmatised. And if breaking a marriage is to have no moral value, why should solemnising one?

I don't think so but you can continue throwing stones if it makes you feel better.

So you want the "do" without the "die"? The decision to commit does not mean you have to marry.

Exactly, I want the do without the die. You got it.

No, I do not.

Ok. Then we have a different understanding of love.

If there is an open door, then it's not marriage. If there isn't then you are fearful or don;t actually want marriage. Not for the right reasons anyway.

It is marriage as long as two people stay married.
I am sure that many marriages would be much happier if people didn't take it for granted that their spouses will stay no matter what.

No, I said if it's a feeling, then it will fade or wax and wane. And is no basis for commitment. The commitment is love.
Then when the feeling goes, the commitment follows.

I understand.

So it's really based on how you feel? Not on the commitment? In which case, why make it? Why marriage? You can have any number of alternative arrangements and your variable commitment. Why seek a vow of permanancy, when even as you make it, in your heart, it is not necessarily so.

This is why I believe that marriage is not a good idea. I don't want anyone to be with me because he thinks that he has to due to the vow he took.
Nobody can promise anyone to love them forever and marriage understood as obligation to be with someone forever is not what I consider a good plan for the rest of my life.

If what you accept,tolerate or feel are all subjective, why take vows. You can co-habit, live apart and visit, be partners, lovers or anyhting you both decide to construct. Why seek marriage when it doesn't fit the model of your relationship?

TV

Exactly! Why?

It is for those who feel it is ok to stay with someone even if it doesn't make you happy, which can happen and which happens very often.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 18, 2014
There should be a fine for epistle writers on NL undecided
it just makes me hit the 'back' button angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2014
Atleast we are seeing the results of being one of the most religious countries in the world.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 6:57pm On Sep 18, 2014
hmm America angry
why getting married when one lil problem comes up and u jump up screaming
lets divorce angry
you a pregnant damn it lets divorce
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by smokescreen4: 7:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
MY beloved country would be on that list soon cos dis year alone the number of couples that parted ways that I know are like five, women are beginning to understand that you mustn't die in a bad marriage because of society.
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by GreyBlood: 9:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
Feminism; the main cause of divorce in our world embarassed
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
GreyBlood: Feminism; the main cause of divorce in our world embarassed

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by TV01(m): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:
I don't know if I fully understand it.
I agree. I wouldn't even say you have a good understanding

carefreewannabe:
I don't think so but you can continue throwing stones if it makes you feel better.
I'm not throwing stones. The notion of divorce should be stigmatised. It's for the overall best. I maintian my position that if you understood marriage you'd appreciate that.

carefreewannabe:
Exactly, I want the do without the die. You got it.
Then what you want is not marriage, it's something else - and no one is denying you that something else. And neither are we denying you marriage - only you want marriage to be structured after your own desires. Sorry, no can do.

carefreewannabe:
Ok. Then we have a different understanding of love.
And as love is in some sense abstract, we can have differences as to what it is. There is not necessarily right or wrong, good or bad in ones definition of love.

carefreewannabe:
It is marriage as long as two people stay married.
No, by definition, it's a marriage as long as vows are taken and the two remaion alive. Although I appreciate the legalistic approach that can be taken to it. And I also appreciate that the legalistic approach has not only not improved it, it has seriously impaired it's utility.

carefreewannabe:
I am sure that many marriages would be much happier if people didn't take it for granted that their spouses will stay no matter what.
Your funny thinking...so you really think a man or woman in a marriage would feel secure and at peace knowing their spouse could simply up and leave at will? Or that succumbing to temptation would be less likely knowing that you could just leave if the attraction was intense or strong enough?

carefreewannabe:
I understand.
Actually you don't..and if the discussion progresses, I'll show you why.

carefreewannabe:
This is why I believe that marriage is not a good idea. I don't want anyone to be with me because he thinks that he has to due to the vow he took.
Actually, here's a convenient place to start;

Firstly, marriage is not solely or even primarily about you. And you first error is to parse it solely in terms of your desires and the outcomes for you alone.

Secondly, are you not revealing more confusion, by saying you respect it and at once claiming it's a bad idea? Would you respect an idea like a "mesh parachute" or a "windscreenless car"- would you use one?

Thirdly, love - as a feeling - is not and has never been the basis of marriage. You vow to love someone when getting married. Love in itself does not warrant marriage. Love is an action, a commitment to honouring that vow.

carefreewannabe:
Nobody can promise anyone to love them forever and marriage understood as obligation to be with someone forever is not what I consider a good plan for the rest of my life.
If you cannot promise to actively love someone for ever - as opposed to feel it - why take the marriage vow that demands that very thing? Free marriage, leave it for those that get it, don't traduce it. Reject it, don't calumnise it.

No one is under any obligation to marry. You can be freelance FWB or FB for as long as you wish. You are not obliged to choose a lifelong relationship of mutual commitment and fidelity. How can one be obliged by something one voluntarily entered into?

carefreewannabe: It is for those who feel it is ok to stay with someone even if it doesn't make you happy, which can happen and which happens very often.
Like I said, you don't really get it. Your happiness is paramount. And your subjective assessment of happiness is the measure. That's not a mindset for marriage. Please don't take it personally.

TV

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by TV01(m): 10:04am On Sep 19, 2014
alutacontinua: There should be a fine for epistle writers on NL undecided
it just makes me hit the 'back' button angry
..and without the epistle writers, how would the mat spreaders be occupied?

Hush chil'

TV
Re: Top 10 Countries With Highest Divorce Rate In 2014 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
TV01:
I agree. I wouldn't even say you have a good understanding

Ok, this is the impression you have.

I'm not throwing stones. The notion of divorce should be stigmatised. It's for the overall best. I maintian my position that if you understood marriage you'd appreciate that.

The throwing of stones is a metaphor for what you preach. And it is definitely not for the overall best. It is what YOU think is best.

Then what you want is not marriage, it's something else - and no one is denying you that something else. And neither are we denying you marriage - only you want marriage to be structured after your own desires. Sorry, no can do.

First of all, this is your subjective point of view and your personal idea of what a marriage should be like.
Secondly, who is "we"?

And as love is in some sense abstract, we can have differences as to what it is. There is not necessarily right or wrong, good or bad in ones definition of love.

I never said your definition was wrong and mine was better. I only said that we have different definitions.

No, by definition, it's a marriage as long as vows are taken and the two remaion alive. Although I appreciate the legalistic approach that can be taken to it. And I also appreciate that the legalistic approach has not only not improved it, it has seriously impaired it's utility.

You appreciate the legalistic approach though it has impaired marriage?

Your funny thinking...so you really think a man or woman in a marriage would feel secure and at peace knowing their spouse could simply up and leave at will? Or that succumbing to temptation would be less likely knowing that you could just leave if the attraction was intense or strong enough?

Nobody said that a man or a woman should SIMPLY leave their marriage.

I was just saying that people would not take their spouses for granted if they knew that they are free people who can go if you maltreat them.

Actually you don't..and if the discussion progresses, I'll show you why.

I am waiting.

Actually, here's a convenient place to start;

Firstly, marriage is not solely or even primarily about you. And you first error is to parse it solely in terms of your desires and the outcomes for you alone.

Did I say it was solely or primarily about me? Did I say it was only about my desires?

Secondly, are you not revealing more confusion, by saying you respect it and at once claiming it's a bad idea? Would you respect an idea like a "mesh parachute" or a "windscreenless car"- would you use one?

I respect your views but I don't have to think the same way, do I?
I would respect someone's choice of a "mesh parachute" or a "windscreenless car" if that is what they want but that does not mean that I have to choose the same for me. Very simple.

Thirdly, love - as a feeling - is not and has never been the basis of marriage. You vow to love someone when getting married. Love in itself does not warrant marriage. Love is an action, a commitment to honouring that vow.

Like I said, my commitment is not unconditional.
If my spouse, FOR EXAMPLE, for one reason or another, changes in the course of our marriage and repeatedly beats me up, then I will definitely NOT commit to such a person.

If you cannot promise to actively love someone for ever - as opposed to feel it - why take the marriage vow that demands that very thing? Free marriage, leave it for those that get it, don't traduce it. Reject it, don't calumnise it.

Like I said, most people who leave a marriage have a reason or many reasons. I can commit to someone forever if the person takes the vows he made seriously. If he breaks them by, FOR EXAMPLE, beating me up, then I see no reason, why I have to stick to my vows alone. It takes two to tango.

No one is under any obligation to marry. You can be freelance FWB or FB for as long as you wish. You are not obliged to choose a lifelong relationship of mutual commitment and fidelity. How can one be obliged by something one voluntarily entered into?

Exactly! But if I decide to marry then I will do it without your consent. And if I decide to divorce my spouse then also without your consent. And you can judge as much as you want.

And my idea of marriage is my idea of marriage and it concerns me and my partner. We have to agree on it, not you and not society.

Like I said, you don't really get it. Your happiness is paramount. And your subjective assessment of happiness is the measure. That's not a mindset for marriage. Please don't take it personally.

No, my partner's happiness is very important to me. And if I fail to give him what I promised before marriage then he is free to go. He married me on the condition that I show him love and respect.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Mother Is Destroying Our Home With Her Dressing Code.( Pics) / PLS TALK TO US, We Are About To Break Up Cos Of Parents / Marriage is a scam to men, it is not worth it

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.