Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,041 members, 7,799,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles (17114 Views)

Babayaro: Keshi Is Confused / Has Michael Babatunde Justified His Inclusion In Nigeria's Squad? / Celestine Babayaro Is Bankrupt, Can You Lend A Hand? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by unuane1(m): 3:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ex-International, Celestine Babayaro, on
Thursday in Abuja made a case for the
inclusion of Kelechi Iheanacho in the Super
Eagles team.
The former Super Eagles’ defender said
that Coach Stephen Keshi should give the
Manchester City youngster, Iheanacho, a
chance in the Eagles team.
Iheanacho was named the Most Valuable
Player (MVP) at the 2013 Under-17 World
Cup after scoring six goals, including one
in the final, as Nigeria triumphed in the
United Arab Emirates (UAE).
Following his success, he signed a pre-
contract agreement with the Manchester
City FC of England and scored a goal in
his debut for the premier league club in a
4-1 pre-season friendly win against
Sporting Kansas City in New York.
According to Babayaro, the former Golden
Eaglets player is ripe to be in the Super
Eagles team because “he is a special and
an exceptional talent’’.
I got into the Super Eagles’ team at a very
young age and Iheanacho is a young man
who is an outstanding player.
I have watched him play and I don’t see
any reason why Keshi can’t try him and
see what he can offer to the senior
national team.
“The likes of Pele, Diego Maradonna,
Ronaldo and Lionel Messi all started
playing for their senior national teams at a
very young age,’’ he said.
The former Chelsea FC and Newcastle FC
of England defender noted that the fact that
Manchester City FC bought Iheanacho
showed that he possessed an exceptional
ability.
Do you think Manchester City bought him
for nothing; of course they saw something
in him and that was why they quickly
acquired his services.
“So, I think Iheanacho is mature enough
and fit to make his debut for the senior
national team if and when he is called up,’’
he said. He will be 18 on Oct. 3

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/09/babayaro-makes-fresh-case-iheanachos-inclusion-super-eagles/

23 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Lily4star(f): 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2014
Ronaldo de lima was part of the USA 94 Brazil team at age 18, though didn't play and at 20 he was already a World Player of the year winner(FIFA Ballon o dor), youngest player ever to achieve that fit, Euro 2004, CR7 was 19 playing for Portugal, though made his debut as an 18yr old,Messi, Michael Owen, Samuel Eto o, Rooney, and many more made their first appearance at Senior level at a very young age, even if they don't get much playing time at the beginning, it does a lot to their exposure, morale and confidence.

Currently, Nacho is Naija's brightest talent. Keshi give the young Man a slot in the team. I really hope to see him play in the Nations cup come 2015, should the SE qualify, you might get to be shocked with the contribution he would give to that Eagles team.

#my humble opinion#.

Modified.

FTC, make I join the normal Nl tradition,

I just wanna thank ma parents for paying my fees to learn how to read and write(that's why I can type at least tongue, my dog Bingo for shaking its tail uncessarily and being extremely nice this morning(that was when I started suspecting something must ve happened on Nl), to the op for this topic, and to my posters below who saw and abandoned this topic for me to comment first, and Mtn.

Now let's be serious, cos with the way people celebrate this FTC thing, make I sitdown dey look and see if Seun go ask for my account number undecided

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by tuffgongjo(m): 10:04pm On Sep 18, 2014
Not only nacho some of those guys are better than d SE players,their captain is a better crosser of the ball than Ambrose.
Take for example d chilean national team they are composed majorly of guys that graduated from under 17 or so cause I still remember when they defeated naija 4 0 in one under age competition,in that team u have sanchez,vidal.

11 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by tuffgongjo(m): 10:06pm On Sep 18, 2014
Lily4star: Ronaldo de lima was part of the USA 94 Brazil team at age 18, though didn't play and at 20 he was already a World Player of the year winner(FIFA Ballon o dor), youngest player ever to achieve that fit, Euro 2004, CR7 was 19 playing for Portugal, though made his debut as an 18yr old,Messi, Michael Owen, Samuel Eto o, Rooney, and many more made their first appearance at Senior level at a very young age, even if they don't get much playing time at the beginning, it does a lot to their exposure, morale and confidence.

Currently, Nacho is Naija's brightest talent. Keshi give the young Man a slot in the team. I really hope to see him play in the Nations cup come 2015, should the SE qualify, you might get to be shocked with the contribution he would give to that Eagles team.

#my humble opinion#.
shaw of man u,walcot,how old is Gotze who scored the winner @ d just concluded WC,muller won d golden shoe aged 21,so u points are on point.

6 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Lily4star(f): 10:21pm On Sep 18, 2014
tuffgongjo: shaw of man u,walcot,how old is Gotze who scored the winner @ d just concluded WC,muller won d golden shoe aged 21,so u points are on point.

Thank you jare Deary, wa gbaye. You will live long

6 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Greatihex(m): 5:52am On Sep 19, 2014
I concur
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
its high tym keshi gives iheanancho a chance..Isaac success is Granada 2nd striker.the like s of Musa Mohammed can do better than Ambrose in right back..we also need Musa yahaya in that midfield.. a pair of onazi,yahaya and iheanancho will augur well for the super eagle's.. keshi is not happy that kelechi iheanancho didn't play CHAN...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by robosky02(m): 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
keshi killing nigeria football since 2013............

while we all applude keshi for winning the AFCON 2013

we must also tell ourself the truth. keshi has not given us a team we will be proud of.

1. the team lack technical input. we always relly on luck to win
2. we must all beg keshi before he plays our best players eg osaze
3. he is rebuilding but we cant see young stars graduate into the team

even when it is obviouse that IHEANACHO is an exceptional player no wonder Mancity is playing him in thier team yet keshi will not invite him even if its to start gradual integreation

as usual he will give us the story the boy is sturbborn. he went to sign for CITY when the CHAN was .........
and he will never invite him again till he begs ...... like he want IK Uche to beg

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by dutchstar: 10:12am On Sep 20, 2014
Its you all that sees Keshi as a coach. For me he is a businessman and I learnt from a reliable source that he collects money to put some of the players in the team. He will never give room for the youngsters cos he is busy enriching himself. I always clamour for a foreign coach not because of the colour of their skin but their ideologies..#teamvoteoutkeshi#

10 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 20, 2014
Keshi is a bush man. He doesn't understand these concepts you guys are talking about. To him Iheanacho is ''still a small boy''. That's the limit of his own assessment.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by hunter21(m): 12:11am On Sep 21, 2014
make this keshi guy con dey go sef, hin own don to much hin no dey hear word

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by easyelliot(m): 6:03am On Sep 21, 2014
I hope u guys realize that this won't happen unless we don't qualify for anc, so that,, radical roster changes that will phase out some big boys can happen.

Keshi and his #14 world ranking should go and spend time with his family.

4 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by sibepoc(m): 9:28am On Sep 21, 2014
He doesn't even needs a fortune teller to tell him he has to include that boy in his squad. Some coaches sha

4 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by plainmirror(m): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2014
Yes, the young lad has proved himself on countless occasions. He should be slotted into the super eagles team and nurtured to pro.

Aha, also remember to inform keshi that his midfield liability (em no need intro naa.... d person know em sef) is long due for a maternity leave.

4 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by adekayo1234(m): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2014
yes I believe we need Iheanacho but more importantly is the fact that he needs to settle down in a club where he will be opportuned to play regular football.

#bring back our talents and take this trashy eagles away

But that he will be 18 by Oct got me rotfl....u mean that Bros will be 18 by October? like wtf grin grin

1 Like

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Pedagogue: 9:33am On Sep 21, 2014
Keshi has performed creditably well as Super Eagles' Coach.

Before his appointment, our boys were far from Super. Winning the AFCON and getting to the Second Round stage of the World Cup are to his eternal credits...
But wait a minute,what happened after the nations cup? Keshi RESIGNED.What happened after the World Cup? Keshi RESIGNED!!!
To 'resign' means to 'LEAVE'.
Thus, Keshi's heart effectively left his position as d Super Eagles Coach after the Nations Cup. You don't believe?Recall that his resignation after the World Cup was principally because of the juicy contracts he thought he would get...But alas, NONE came his way!!! He had to quickly DENY that he 'concretely' resigned!!!He had no option but to settle for what was available- Super Eagles job!

Although this thread is not about Keshi, the truth is,the future of IHEANACHO & other budding stars depends heavily on who is in the saddle. Therefore, permit to state that:

1. We have a coach that selects players based on his personal sentiments; he does not care if the collective will of Nigerians is sacrificed for his EGO.
2. Keshi is not a good manager of men. A coach that has problems with several players is not a fantastic coach; it is v ironical that Keshi that now 'believes' so much in discipline was highly indisciplined in his playing days.
3. A thorough analysis of all our games after the Nations Cup will reveal that our players are no longer playing for him. Our games against Congo & S/Africa are clear pointers.
4. Keshi lost the script the moment he allowed the victory at AFCON to get to his head. His ego has tripled since then. He now expects players to kowtow to him.
5. Introducing the likes of Iheanacho will definitely unsettle the 'big boys' in d National team- especially MIKEL ObI. Keshi does not want that.
6. If Keshi had to be forced by the collective shouts by soccer mad Nigerians to invite Osaze (who was our best player at the world cup), IHEANACHO may perhaps never play for d Super Eagles as long as he's our gaffer.

Believe me, Keshi is still our coach cos he has has not received any better offer. His passion for our team is clearly dead. Someone needs to start from where Keshi has stopped.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by DAIL(m): 9:33am On Sep 21, 2014
Am back, let do the thing grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by constance500: 9:34am On Sep 21, 2014
Maybe he have to grow grey hair before he get included in the squad cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Andyblaze: 9:34am On Sep 21, 2014
THAT OVERRATED KID

1 Like

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Smone(m): 9:35am On Sep 21, 2014
Hmm, lemme read that again.
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Astuteleader(m): 9:35am On Sep 21, 2014
Iheanacho is better than most of the players we have now in the current super eagles squad,so I see no reason why d lad should not be in that squad.

1 Like

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by dechandel(f): 9:37am On Sep 21, 2014
Iheanacho needs to pay a visit to keshi..

Privately ofcourse
To include his name on the list

2 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Bobbystanley(m): 9:38am On Sep 21, 2014
He is yet to bribe Keshi to choose him.

Iheanacho is far better than Mikel,Oduamadi and Igiebor put together.

3 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by plainmirror(m): 9:38am On Sep 21, 2014
Andyblaze: THAT OVERRATED KID

Haba bro... Why can't you appreciate things/people even as little as it/they may seem.

1 Like

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Bublanski: 9:39am On Sep 21, 2014
Let the boy develop first, thats how you over-hyped Ramon Azeez and prematurely scuppered his super eagles career which he may never recover from!

2 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Bobbystanley(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2014
Andyblaze: THAT OVERRATED KID

Did I hear u clearly?

A Most valuable player at a junior world cup is overrated?
A Manchester city player is overrated? Do u know what it takes to play for Man city? Even Musa,Oduamadi,Igiebor and even Onazi isn't good enough to play for the citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Donjay007(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2014
Ah,i don make front page.
Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by radiorebel(m): 9:42am On Sep 21, 2014
Dat guy is better dan mikel obi

1 Like

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by ZUBY77(m): 9:43am On Sep 21, 2014
Iheanacho should have been to the World Cup.
Keshi dismissed him as not ready even before giving him a chance. Look at what he did at the preseason.

He is better than half of the Super Eagles already but I guess he still doesn't have money to give keshi.

Sometimes you include them at a very young age so they can gain exposure and experience especially when it is inevitable that they will be there sooner.

1 Like

Re: Babayaro Makes Fresh Case For Iheanacho’s Inclusion In Super Eagles by Chrisx1x(m): 9:44am On Sep 21, 2014
J

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About SOCCERMANAGER.COM. / Kenneth Omeruo Stuns In This Pose, Prepares For Eagles Camp / Conte 'In Advanced Talks To Succeed Mourinho At Tottenham'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.