Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

The Fuss About America Being A 'godless' Nation By Nigerians. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fuss About America Being A 'godless' Nation By Nigerians. (662 Views)

The Clergy Project: Godless Pastors / Putin Warns Obama – You’ve Turned USA & West Into Godless Sewer. / The First Godless Church Of America Is Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fuss About America Being A 'godless' Nation By Nigerians. by MyVicky: 4:01pm On Sep 18, 2014
I realized that Nigerians are overly reactive to any news about the disregard for God by some Americans and then they begin to label America as a 'Godless' nation and begin to analyze how Obama is the Antichrist and so on. In my opinion, it just goes to show how ignorant and indoctrinatedly docile some religious people could be. Don't get me wrong, I'm a Christian by God's grace and I'm not in anyway condoning the the disregard for God openly professed by some Americans. In case you don't know, American Christians are usually and arguably more loving, caring, sincere, down-to-earth than most Nigerian Christians and America has the largest christian population in the world (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_the_United_States). The American people who trample on God are usually in the Minority and that does not warrant labeling such a nation 'a Godless' nation. The fact that about 70 million people out of about 300 million do not believe in God or trample on God's name does not in anyway justify such act of blasphemy from religious Nigerians.

Besides, with all the 'Godliness' we profess in Africa especially in Nigeria, what do we have to show for it? It's all religiousness with no tangible values to the common man and the masses. America is still millions of miles ahead of Nigeria and most countries in the world. America has regard for human lives than we have in Nigeria and America cares for her children than we do in Nigeria and some Nigerian religious organizations. I wish time would allow me to say more....So, let America be! Make Nigeria a better place to be!

Just my humble opinion.

2 Likes

Re: The Fuss About America Being A 'godless' Nation By Nigerians. by sammyademola: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2014
Totally True. I have wanted to write on this. It is annoying really. We too like to point accusing fingers and not to remove the wood in our own eyes before pointing at the stick in someone's eye.
Re: The Fuss About America Being A 'godless' Nation By Nigerians. by MyVicky: 1:27am On Sep 19, 2014
sammyademola: Totally True. I have wanted to write on this. It is annoying really. We too like to point accusing fingers and not to remove the wood in our own eyes before pointing at the stick in someone's eye.
Rightly said
Re: The Fuss About America Being A 'godless' Nation By Nigerians. by logicboy01: 4:39am On Sep 19, 2014
Nice one, Vicky.

I do not believe in God but I agree with you on this one.

Calling America Godless and a morally decaying society is the height of hypocrisy.

How can you overlook the corruption, illiteracy, human rights abuse, oppression of women and insecurity in Nigeria to criticize a more advanced America because Americans are not as religious as you are?
Re: The Fuss About America Being A 'godless' Nation By Nigerians. by MyVicky: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
logicboy01:

Calling America Godless and a morally decaying society is the height of hypocrisy.

How can you overlook the corruption, illiteracy, human rights abuse, oppression of women and insecurity in Nigeria to criticize a more advanced America because Americans are not as religious as you are?

Rightly said.
Re: The Fuss About America Being A 'godless' Nation By Nigerians. by sammyademola: 6:12am On Sep 20, 2014
MyVicky:

Rightly said.

I agree with him.

(1) (Reply)

Mary In The Bible / The Christain Civil War / Does The Resurrection Of Jesus Nullify His Sacrifice On The Cross?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.