Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

The 5 Biggest Nigerian Celebrity Rivalries - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The 5 Biggest Nigerian Celebrity Rivalries (877 Views)

What Are Your Coolest/Wackiest Nigerian Celebrity Stage Names? / Meet The 5 Female Nigerian Celebrities Who Are Still Virgins (photos) / Mercy Johnson Is Most Popular Nigerian Celebrity On Google Search In 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 5 Biggest Nigerian Celebrity Rivalries by Mykel4God(m): 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2014
The Nigerian entertainment industry has witnessed a lot of growth in recent times. The artistes have not only grown to become international stars, they have also had their fair share of industry rivalry.
Some of these rivalries are based on the measure of success or talented, wealth or popularity while some others have been caused by either the media or fans who pitch them against each other. In this list we give a rundown of the biggest celebrity rivalries we have witnessed in Nigeria.
Re: The 5 Biggest Nigerian Celebrity Rivalries by Mykel4God(m): 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2014
1) Genevieve Nnaji Vs Omotola Jalade Ekeinde
These two Nollywood stars are undoubtedly talented and equally beautifully in their own way. Genevieve Nnaji or Genny as she is fondly called by her fans is the dark skinned Nollywood screen diva from Imo with several accolades to her credit. Omotola Jalade Ekeinde on the other hand hails from Ondo state and this mother of four rivals Genny as Nollywood’s top diva.
Overtime there have been arguments over who is the bigger star of the two. Sharing the same fan base does not help matters and it is no surprise that the media continues to question who should wear the crown. Worthy of note is that the two top notch actresses continue to deny any sort of competition between them

Re: The 5 Biggest Nigerian Celebrity Rivalries by Mykel4God(m): 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2014
2) Mr. Incredible (M.I) Vs Kelly Hansome
Jude Abaga better known by his stage name Mr. Incredible or M.I for short is a Nigerian hip-hop artiste that any rap music lover has heard of. The United Nations Goodwill Ambassador has not however been controversy free in the course of his career as we have the case of serious beef between him and another talented rapper Kelly Hansome.
The beef started when M.I in one of his tracks Fast Money, Fast Cars stated, “Kelly Hansome is handsome, I’ll tell him when I see him. But if I want a man, it’d be Keke or D1″. Kelly Hansome did not take kindly to these words and from there they both have gone track for track with Kelly Hansome releasing Catch Me If You Can, where he goes in on the whole Chocolate City label.
In response, the Choc City camp released Nobody Test Me with a line from M.I talking directly to Kelly Hansome, saying, ” Only one Kelly that I know, Kelly Rowland. Why would I diss them, give them cheap promotion. I think that they’re so dry, I should give them lotion”. Later, Kelly Hansome released Chocolate Boys (Chocolate City members). M.I. released a track on his 2010 album, M.I.2 named Beef. With Kelly hearing this, brought out the track Finish You Boy.

Re: The 5 Biggest Nigerian Celebrity Rivalries by Mykel4God(m): 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
3) Tonto Dikeh Vs Mercy Johnson
Moving on from the music scene, we cannot ignore the beef between two other actresses, speaking of the queen of controversy herself Tonto Dikeh and Mercy Johnson. The reason for the beef between light skinned beauty, Tonto Dikeh and her fellow Nollywood actress Mercy Johnson is unclear but many believe that it boils down to envy on the part of one of the actresses.
Their beef is a normal diva showdown as to who is more talented and the beef became public when Poko as Tonto likes to be called refused to attend MJ’s wedding giving the excuse that they are not friends. As if that was not enough, she tweeted: “@TONTOLET: Wen n if I give birth, God plz provide me wit a husband dat can provide 4 uz, Not 1 dat wld send mii bck to actin 2monthz after I born 2Huzzle”. This was a direct shot at Mercy Johnson who had just given birth at the time. Well we do hope they find a common ground some day.

Re: The 5 Biggest Nigerian Celebrity Rivalries by adet991(f): 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2014
I thought you said five
Re: The 5 Biggest Nigerian Celebrity Rivalries by Mykel4God(m): 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
4) Timaya Vs Patoranking
Fans might have enjoyed the song “Alubarika” by Patoranking featuring the egberi papa one of Bayelsa Timaya but they should not be expecting another collaboration from the two acts any time soon. According to the grapevines, the cause of their beef has to do with who has been funding Patoranking’s projects.
Timaya;s record label Dem Mama Records released Patoranking’s official debut single titled ‘ Alubarika’ and shortly dropped a video for it in August but in January 2014, Patoranking walked out on the music label much to everybody’s shock.

Re: The 5 Biggest Nigerian Celebrity Rivalries by Mykel4God(m): 7:20pm On Sep 18, 2014
5) Wizkid Vs Davido
When we talk of the biggest music stars in Nigeria, two names that readily come to mind is that of Wizkid and Davido. Although Wizkid broke into the entertainment industry two years ahead of Davido with the success of his hit single “Holla At Your Boy” in 2009, Davido officially became a rival when he released his smashing chart topper “Dami Duro” in 2011.
These two stars have been pitched against each other in terms of talent, money, fan base, live performances and any other thing that a successful artiste can be judged by. These two haven’t also made the talks of beef between them any easier with their tweet fights. They had tongues wagging recently with their tweet fight about who holds ‘proper shows.’ Davido Vs Wizkid is a worthy topic to start a heated conversation.

(1) (Reply)

Michael Jackson's Dad, Joe, No Longer Part Of The Family / Linda Ikeji Bursted Again!! Plus Her New Website Exclusive / Hilarious Video: Bovi Teaches Wyclef How To Speak Pidgin English

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.