Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,938 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Reading From A Jtextarea In Java - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Reading From A Jtextarea In Java (1225 Views)

Problem With Bufferedinputstream Read Blocking Issue In Java / I Want To Develop A Software In Java To Calculate CGPA / How Do Io Create Ribbon Ui In Java (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reading From A Jtextarea In Java by Capnd143(m): 8:03pm On Sep 18, 2014
@javanian
@
@ALL_java_pros
how do i read lines of text from a a JtextAREA correctly, calling the .getText() method returns a one line concatenated string of all lines in the jtextarea,
i tried doing this:
String text= JtextArea.getText().toString()
String [] splited_file = gt.split("\n"wink;
for(i=0;i<splited_file.length)
{string newFile=splited_file.toString();
AwriteFileClassObject.writeFileMethod(newfile)}
this just returns and object to the textfile and write to instead of a formated text with linefeeds!
Help me out guys
wat i want to do is just read the lines of string from a JtextArea and Write same to a file
Re: Reading From A Jtextarea In Java by PrimeSofty: 11:39pm On Sep 18, 2014

1 Like

Re: Reading From A Jtextarea In Java by Javanian: 1:53am On Sep 19, 2014
Is the problem reading from the JtextArea, Writing to file or both?
Re: Reading From A Jtextarea In Java by Capnd143(m): 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
Javanian:
Is the problem reading from the JtextArea, Writing to file or both?
both
Re: Reading From A Jtextarea In Java by Javanian: 11:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
Post a sample text file(Your input) and sample output so i can get a picture of what you are trying you achieve.

(1) (Reply)

Programming Difficulties... Needs Your Take... / Need Help With Matlab Programming / Check Out This Brief Fact About Mobile App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.