Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,771 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness (30149 Views)

Olawale emerges winner of MTN Project Fame West Africa - Season 6.0 / MTN Project Fame West Africa: Season 3 / Project Fame West Africa: Iyanya Wins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by isaactolu: 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2014
MTN is one of the most innovative and creative brand in Nigeria, I know a lot of you have issues with them (including me) but that does not deny the fact that this company has been proven time and again to be miles ahead in creativity and innovations. From their advertisements, their value added services, community projects to their talent hunts and reality shows am sure you will agree with me that they are a genius or let me say they have some genius handling these areas because in some other areas, hmmm you and I know MTN ‘na wash’. A lot of us still remember the“Chris, where is the phone” advert not to talk of the more recent Saka I don port ooo advert, the truth be said MTN makes us enjoy watching adverts on TV, not to talk of ‘Who Want To Be A Millionaire’ show and their Project Fame West Africa is undoubtedly the best among its peers.

Project Fame West Africa (which I will refer to as PFWA henceforth) is the best talent development reality TV show in West Africa. PFWA has produced some of the country’s finest musicians since its inception 7 years ago and all, I mean all of it past winners have gone on to become hits in the music industry, from Iyanya, Chidinma, Monica and recently Olawale, you will agree with me that PFWA has always produced stars.
Have you ever wait for a minute to examine why PFWA always produce stars that after the show make their marks and become popular in the music industry whereas rival TV shows like Glo Naija sings, Etisalat’s Nigerian Idol repeatedly fail to match such feat? You will observe that we don’t even get to remember the names of past winners of these rival shows whereas we can still vividly remember who the fourth runners up of like 3 seasons ago of PFWA was.
PFWA has become this successful simply because of its structure of operation what we can call its Modus Operandi. Rival shows all have the same structure which differs from PFWA structure and that is why they are not as successful. PFWA is structured in such a way that it will always produce the best from the bests.
We have a panel of judges, the faculty and the contestants. The faculty gives each contestant a task to do, a song to perform and they also coach and tutor them so as to get them to give the best performance possible. All the contestants perform at the show where they are scrutinized by the judges pointing out their errors and areas they need to improve on. The judges then select the 4 worst performance of the day and put them on probation. From these 4 contestants, the viewers will save a contestant; the faculty one and the other contestant will save 1 the other contestant not saved will exit the show.

If you look at this structure properly you will notice that it is guaranteed to produce the best out of the bests. A very good contestant is likely never to be on probation throughout the show- we have seen this in past seasons, examples include Monica, Chidinma etc. But this season MTN just came up with the greedy idea of putting all the contestants on probation after the 3rd week. This act will surely increase MTN’s revenue from voting but it will kill the quality of the show as it is the contestant with the highest number of votes that get to remain in the competition cos we all know that anybody that will vote due to the high cost of the SMS charge will only vote for his/her friend or relative among the contestants regardless of whether he/she is aware that the person is good or not. In other words, I can’t have a friend or relative among the contestants and not vote for him/her even if I realize there are better contestants in the show.

What this will result into is producing the contestant with the highest no of rich friends and relatives (who could afford the high cost of voting) as winner instead of the producing the best contestant as winner. This is the system that rival shows are using that is making them never to produce a true star. MTN following this system will surely increase their purse but will speedily kill the quality of the show.
And we are already experiencing this in the exit of Shola (I know you all agree that he is by far better than some of the contestants left in the competition). Just look at the scenario that put Geoffrey, Shola, Christian and Daniella on probation believe you me if the original system had been used, none/just one of them would have been on probation.

MTN will truly make money from this new system but at the same time they will kill the quality of the show, it is now left for them to either choose to pursue money or the quality of the competition.

- Source: http://www.trendyglitzy.com/2014/09/how-mtn-is-killing-quality-of-project.html

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
I love the programme so much
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by macklef(m): 9:46pm On Sep 18, 2014
I agree with ur analysis, sentiments will ruin d quality of the show, thats what made eyo be among the top 5 then. We all know eyo could not sing well, he was always on probation,
Because he had people who always voted for him, he was there till d last day. Even manned 3rd, where ochuko and yetunde were far better than him.
If its let out to the public its not good.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by isaactolu: 10:10pm On Sep 18, 2014
macklef: I agree with ur analysis, sentiments will ruin d quality of the show, thats what made eyo be among the top 5 then. We all know eyo could not sing well, he was always on probation,
Because he had people who always voted for him, he was there till d last day. Even manned 3rd, where ochuko and yetunde were far better than him.
If its let out to the public its not good.
you got the point,there is no way I will have a relative/friend as 1 of the contestants and vote for another contestant even if am fully aware they are way better than him/her

4 Likes

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Dygeasy(m): 6:34am On Sep 19, 2014
What then is the point you're trying to make? Are you asking for them to scrap public voting?

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by isaactolu: 7:07am On Sep 19, 2014
Dygeasy: What then is the point you're trying to make? Are you asking for them to scrap public voting?
Let them go back to the previous system when next season starts. Let the judges put the worst performances on probation like before and let them be save through the process they use to use not this one that they will put every contestant on probation

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Ishilove: 8:01am On Sep 19, 2014
Generation of singers

5 Likes

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by An0nimus: 9:58am On Sep 19, 2014
These guys want to make better dough this time with viewer audience reading off the chart.

That awkward moment when Ugochukwu wins PFWA 7.0 cool

12 Likes

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Dygeasy(m): 10:57am On Sep 19, 2014
isaactolu:
Let them go back to the previous system when next season starts. Let the judges put the worst performances on probation like before and let them be save through the process they use to use not this one that they will put every contestant on probation
That is the norm isn't it. They only put all the contestants on probation once and that was the Wizkid Vs Davido night. According to them it was hard to decide who the best were. Mummy J clearly protested if you watched the show. It wasn't about MTN. Your point isn't very valid.

2 Likes

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by isaactolu: 6:01am On Sep 20, 2014
Dygeasy: That is the norm isn't it. They only put all the contestants on probation once and that was the Wizkid Vs Davido night. According to them it was hard to decide who the best were. Mummy J clearly protested if you watched the show. It wasn't about MTN. Your point isn't very valid.
Do you follow the show at all? I doubt that, cos if you do you will know that since that day you were referring to up till now, they have been putting all the contestants on probation. The presenters even specifically mention it that "from now henceforth all the contestants will be on probation and only your vote can save them". That was the 3rd week and it was even mention in the write-up so o?

11 Likes

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2014
Maybe MTN has decided to follow suit its competitors,who are profit driven,than passion driven..

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by sibepoc(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2014
That's why I'm not interested in anything they doing
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Nobody: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2014
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by morbid: 11:52am On Sep 21, 2014
@op....is it not "GREED" u meant to say??

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Dahmum(f): 11:52am On Sep 21, 2014
undecidedThe same complain.#blablabla
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by ayusco85(m): 11:52am On Sep 21, 2014
MTN are the most greedy telecom company in the world. Am not surprised

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by continentalceo(m): 11:52am On Sep 21, 2014
Before you begin to castigate remember that without MTN's support there will be no Project fame

2 Likes

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by youngice(m): 11:53am On Sep 21, 2014
its all about the money ,MTN ur worst connection #robbing us since 1941

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by spanzed(m): 11:53am On Sep 21, 2014
Sigh...am nt into project fame like that so' I have nothing to say.. grin
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by kennyonthrone(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2014
Do pple watch dat stuff?anywayshaa I gat natin 2 say kuz 4 once I ve neva waatched it.....Emptyheen milkin dia Customerz dryyy since 2000AD

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by sirjohnson(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2014
Revealing
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Coldfeet(f): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2014
True points the op raised here! And I hope they revert back to the previous ways. Anyways I stopped watching it since that fire incident.

1 Like

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by youngice(m): 11:55am On Sep 21, 2014
kennyonthrone: R
kennyonthrone: R
ayusco85: .
xjet: .
Yomieluv: Nawa oo
I catch am

5 Likes

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 21, 2014
imho..pfwa should be scrapped,i mean who watches all that? it just gives more room for youths to deviate from education and into music..now out of 10 10 friends i have,6 are rappers and they spend all their cash rushing to the studio to release a "hit" track.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Tunguy01(m): 11:56am On Sep 21, 2014
U shldnt be so sure it will kill d show , itx wot u observe bt bliv me ,u might be wrong ,,, in wotever way dey do it , na rum den go still produce , only sweet voice ( no good music )

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by philantoxx(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2014
xjet: .
bro how much for d space?
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by ModusOperandi(f): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2014
The system of putting all the contestants on probation didn't just start, its all about the money.

Daylight robbery! grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by plainmirror(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2014
In a nutshell please.
You don't expect me to read all that here in church, do you?
grin
Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by ModusOperandi(f): 11:58am On Sep 21, 2014
Dygeasy: That is the norm isn't it. They only put all the contestants on probation once and that was the Wizkid Vs Davido night. According to them it was hard to decide who the best were. Mummy J clearly protested if you watched the show. It wasn't about MTN. Your point isn't very valid.
I can't believe you're this gullible shocked shocked

That lil trick Joke Silva pulled that night was all an act, it has always been like that

9 Likes

Re: How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness by Tholuwaniey(m): 11:58am On Sep 21, 2014

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

3 Idiots - 2017 Nollywood Movie Thriller - YET FILMS / #bbnaija: NINA Gets Massive Billboard At Imo State University Junction / 5 Funny Yet Annoying Things Nigerians Do At The Cinema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.