Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,716 members, 7,805,948 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:59 AM

What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? (1180 Views)

Signs That You Are In The Friend Zone And You Dont Even Know It! / Escaping The Friend Zone. / Why Do So Many People Talk So Bad About Nigerian Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2014
I have read many posts on nairaland, and listened to many guys talk about the "friend zone". They make it sound like it is a taboo to cultivate platonic friendship with a girl, without sexual gratification.

I do have a lot of female friends, we hang out a lot, although some of them have boyfriends, we buy each other gifts when necessary, sometimes they cook and invite me over. I don't have feelings for any of them, and I have no intention of dating/sleeping with any of them.

I cherish my close friendship with these female pals because i have learnt and benefited a lot from them. Like i mentioned earlier, I get proper home cooked meals sometimes. it has also helped me develop certain qualities, which i believe will help me maintain a happy relationship when i eventually pursue one. Listening to their gossips and arguments has helped me understand to a certain degree how women think.

I have discovered that this rather sick mentality has now been entrenched in our way of life, even the females are not left out. I see a girl who has a pleasing personality, i walk up to her and extend a hand of friendship. "can we just be friends" and her mind goes elsewere. Even on nairaland, i have read some really cute or intelligent comment made by some females, and i just admire them. Sometimes i try to establish some sort of personal friendship outside nairaland. Most times i get turned down outrightly. Sometimes with very harsh words. They strongly believe I'm just interested in sex. Even when i assure them that I have no interest in a romantic relationship. That has made me refrain from trying to establish friendship outside nairaland, even if there are females like rozzay ,MrsBreezy, temigracie, sweettease(because she is my professional coleague) and marieolae whom i would love to be friends with outside nairaland.

Now the big question is, is there something wrong with platonic love and friendship, or are most guys just perverts with twisted minds lacking morals?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
I probably have more female friends than male. They are friendlier and easier to trust. There are no competitions and they genuinely wish you well, encouraging and pushing you to greater heights. It's not all about sex. By the way, I'm married with children.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Amthol(m): 10:28pm On Sep 18, 2014
Pls lets be sincere here a mature male has no friendship whatever with a matured female @op u know u can only speak for urself what about d other person ? u claim is just a friend at a point in time the thought will cross ur mind not because u are bad but because that's just nature. ##my opinion#
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 18, 2014
Amthol: Pls lets be sincere here a mature male has no friendship whatever with a matured female @op u know u can only speak for urself what about d other person ? u claim is just a friend at a point in time the thought will cross ur mind not because u are bad but because that's just nature. ##my opinion#

yep, the thought does cross my mind sometimes, because I'm human, but I do not act on it, i don't even give it much thought. I respect my female buddies
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2014
I think it is sexist to suggest that women who are friends with the opposite sex exploit their male counterparts in the relationship. My question is why can't they be just friends?
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Agimor(m): 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2014
Nairalanders creating counter thread since 2005
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by tayoxx(m): 11:35pm On Sep 18, 2014
if na me put her for friend zone no wahala...but if na she omo God forbid. ...
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 19, 2014
There's nothing wrong with it I've sooooo much males friends simply because in my opinion they're waaay better than female friends. But if both parties agree I honestly don't see the problem.

Thank you btw.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by styno22(m): 9:04am On Sep 19, 2014
It all depends on individuals. U can keep a female friend but the dick of a man get strong at anytime.

1 Like

Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by destante(f): 9:28am On Sep 19, 2014
This is nicee. smiley
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 19, 2014
Op do you have a girlfriend?
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by valmunich(m): 9:45am On Sep 19, 2014
Because body no be firewood
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Iaz93: 9:49am On Sep 19, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Nobody: 10:59am On Sep 19, 2014
theirs absolutely nothing wrong in a platonic relationship .it helps a guy to have a balanced view of the she folks .its being my experience that they make fantastic advisors on matters relating to romance,finance and persuasion .its just that in this prurient times,most girls find it hard-not that i blame them-to believe a full blooded guy is just after her friendship and not her body. But,i find it ironic that most girls label and loathe every male who approaches them a player considering the fact that they are responsible for coaching the silkest and most deadly male players of the game.
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by 3DCYCLOPS: 11:18am On Sep 19, 2014
LOL..being stuck in the ''i'm safe on the bed with you'' zone grin

Baddext torture ever
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Charles4075(m): 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
Op, there is nothing wrong in it, but getting out is the problem.

Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
teeo: Op do you have a girlfriend?

no i don't
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
dicefrost:

no i don't

No wonder, Biko keep enjoying your friendzone cheesy
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
teeo:

No wonder, Biko keep enjoying your friendzone cheesy

I'm single by choice....
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by computerboy: 2:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Going through the thread, It's obvious that many people who talk about friend zone don't really know what it is. OP what you described is not friendzone cuz you chose to be there.

Now this is what is called friendzone.

It's a case where you feel for the girl (or love her as the case maybe) but she doesn't feel same way for you but instead of telling you, she'll keep you and be using you either academically, economically and otherwise. Then you'll keep on impressing her hoping that one day she'll fall for you. My brother if this is your case, keep the hope alive but just know that you're officially the ZONAL CHAIRMAN of your community. LOL

But if you never had any intentions of being her boyfriend, then you're not zoned. This is for all of you confusing platonic relationship with friendzone.

Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Booty4me: 2:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
To some there is nothing wrong... Bt to me its punishment..
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by theplanmaker: 2:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=dicefrost]Most times i get turned down outrightly. Sometimes with very harsh words. They strongly believe I'm just interested in sex. Even when i assure them that I have no interest in a romantic relationship. That has made me refrain from trying to establish friendship outside nairaland, even if there are females like rozzay ,MrsBreezy, temigracie, sweettease(because she is my professional coleague) and marieolae whom i would love to be friends with outside nairaland.

Now the big question is, is there something wrong with platonic love and friendship, or are most guys just perverts with twisted minds lacking morals? [quote author=dicefrost]

Did u pm the above-mentioned females nd get harshly turned down? ......I tot they'd be more mature
Re: What Is So Bad About The "Friend Zone"? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
dicefrost:

I'm single by choice....

I know

(1) (Reply)

Advise PLZ / Is self-servicing With Your Wife's Or Husband's Picture In Your Mind A Sin? / Advise For Less Endowed Ladies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.