Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't (29241 Views)

General Overseer & Wife Fight Dirty Over Church Ownership, Wife Floors Hubby / How Illuminati Collapsed Tb Joshua Guest House (synagogue Church Of All Nation) / Video Of How Synagogue Church Guest House Collasped Plus Aircraft Hovering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by natureblack(m): 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
debbleopto:

Ignorance won't kill your black mind. Just argueing without knowledge. God himself caused the death of Moses. You don't know there is life after death. Where do you think stephen go to? You never heard this: "precious in the sight of God are the death of His saint". If religious sinner die, he just kukuma goes to hell because no salvation, name not in the book of life.
must you make contemptuous statement against me before you buttress your point?

what if I tell you I don't believe the whole story surrounding all the aforementioned names you've just listed,can you convince me?
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by dorox(m): 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
nijanigga:
Why didn't other buildings close by collapse?
I believe ocelot2006 was just being sarcastic.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Happywoman(f): 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
That's Pastorpreneur 4 u
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by soldierdollar(m): 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
Fourwinds:
just look at urself. mis-quoting d Bible. I hope BERNIMOORE has taken his time to educate u scripturally. thank him

People cannot make a mature comment for once .

I almost vomited while reading this embarassed
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Demainman1: 8:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
TB JOSHUA, Please, can you forecast who will win the CHELSEA Vrs MAN CITY Match on Sunday? cheesy

I know that you have used those dead people blood to renew your forecasting powers.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by soldierdollar(m): 9:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
BERNIMOORE:

dont mix things up here, jesus cruxification was a fufilment of prophecy in the book of isaiah

stephen was stoned by enemies[/], not as a result of avoidable mistakes caused by the apostles negligence entreprenuership we saw in todays properity replacing true gospel of God

your ignorance is manifested the way you breeze through the bible without meditation but swallow your pastors word wholesale, lets read what john prophecied about himself

he john prophecied that when jesus 'bridegroom comes' and start to talk 'ministering' of which was the main thing john does, then he 'john' is [b]fuffiled
that his mission 'fuffiled' then he 'john' must decrease

John 3:28-30King James Version (KJV)

28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

30 He must increase, but I must decrease

the same word used by jesus on the tuture stake 'it is fuffiled'

now lets see someone Eutychus who to went to a church or gathering where paul was preaching upstair 'from the third story and the man fell from the window and died, but paul did wish him 'rest in peace' as in the case of scoan, or look for excuse, paul went there and fell on him, and he was put alive again and the people were happy

Acts 20:7-12New International Version (NIV)

7 On the first day of the week we came together to break bread. Paul spoke to the people and, because he intended to leave the next day, kept on talking until midnight. 8 There were many lamps in the upstairs room where we were meeting. 9 Seated in a window was a young man named Eutychus, who was sinking into a deep sleep as Paul talked on and on. When he was sound asleep, he fell to the ground from the third story and was picked up dead. 10 Paul went down, threw himself on the young man and put his arms around him. “Don’t be alarmed,” he said. “He’s alive!” 11 Then he went upstairs again and broke bread and ate. After talking until daylight, he left. 12 The people took the young man home alive and were greatly comforted

so the question begging for answer is, did Tb joshua even make an attempt like paul? and try to heal those wounded or even try to raise the dead? where is the miracle? where? this is a litmus test that expose the hidden truth begging for answer, as you can see, in the bible there was an attempt by paul, we expect an attempt from joshua too.

Bro ... You sound very bereaved cry is your relation among the victims ?

That's none of my business anyway ...

Am not trying to compare TB Joshua to anybody .. My illustrations were meant to show you that accidents can befall anybody irrespective of how much you're endeared to God . God's ways are mysterious .... As you said ... Christ's death was to fulfil a purpose ( you knew it because it was written in the bible . Now ... Do you know the purpose for which the collapse of the building was meant for ( You will say no because you never read it in the bible )

If you're going to make a blind argument ... Call me later

2 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by ewosk: 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
PAGAN9JA: [size=18pt]WE MUST RETURN TO THE RELIGION OF OVA ANCESTORS!

HOW CAN WE AFFORD TO CONTINUE WITH THIS FOREIGN SCAM RELIGION[/size]

#Nigeria4PAGANISM

By d tym ur First Son is Sacrificed to Appease the gods and ur relations lose their twins babies...den u understand dat dis foreign God is wise...
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
ewosk:

By d tym ur First Son is Sacrificed to Appease the gods and ur relations lose their twins babies...den u understand dat dis foreign God is wise...

Fvck ur damned jesus who incites u to lie like this on public forum. Do you even know the Gods i worship and the rituals and prayers associated with them?

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Fourwinds: 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
soldierdollar:

People cannot make a mature comment for once .

I almost vomited while reading this embarassed

dats exactly what u did when u defended a foundation meant for two storey building wilfully loaded with six floors. now u want to compare What happened to Jesus Christ., John the Baptist and Stephen to T B Joshua. is dat how to exonerate someone from blame.?
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
Demainman1: TB JOSHUA, Please, can you forecast who will win the CHELSEA Vrs MAN CITY Match on Sunday? cheesy

I know that you have used those dead people blood to renew your forecasting powers.
With the correct scoreline and who gets to score and at what minute. That would be the shiit.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by macodollar: 10:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
rooster and bull stories.
Meanwhile ensure the security of your cars today.

We are licensed distributors KingCobra Electronics, manufacturers of Original CrossTiger Car Security System. We are introducing this wonderful product into the Nigeria market to curb cases of car theft and burglaries. You can sleep with both eyes closed once this product is installed in your car.
Loaded with so many features for your car's security and driving comfort;
Keyless entry
Vehicle Locator 
Central Lock
LED indicator
Reminder of unclosed door
Anti Hijacking
Emergency Warning
Very cheap when compared to market price
Easy to install

Price: #7000

And so many other features.

Made to US standard for KingCobra Electronics, manufacturers of CrossTiger Car Security System
Compatible with most cars in Africa

Free delivery within Lagos
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by donefezy: 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Fvck ur damned jesus who incites u to lie like this on public forum. Do you even know the Gods i worship and the rituals and prayers associated with them?
Pagan,ρℓєαѕє go to where ur types are and stop saying rubbish here
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by gbodimowo(m): 11:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
born2fuck: They should have listen to the government, I know they did it for business reason, the same church sold healing water for 5k to a cousin because she is non member, I just laugh them with all teeth open. I kukuma bi original sinner, their members should know what I am saying except they pretend to ignored the truth, I don go through the entire bible before, people no fit called monkey,a dog for me again.

Christian leaders should change their ways from using church as business centre

I would have agreed with you but your tenses are bad
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by ewosk: 11:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

u are delusional....if u think the religion of ur ancestors is harmless.... Go back to medieval age n performed what ever rituals associated with it...
Light will always overcome Darkness ......

FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNO NOT WHAT THEY DO
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by born2boink(m): 3:31am On Sep 20, 2014
gbodimowo:

I would have agreed with you but your tenses are bad
who cares if you agree or not, who cares if tense are bad or not. I have spoken and I have spoken,let him who have ears hear
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 20, 2014
abdulwastecx: A proohet that can predict the woman of a football match cannot see his guess house collapsing killings 100 of people
Your english teacher should be shot in the head.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Lovechyld101(m): 6:52am On Sep 20, 2014
Hello please how do I find out the list of dead and injured people in the incident my friends aunt is S.A that was in the church is also missing.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by nora544: 7:00am On Sep 20, 2014
Lovechyld101: Hello please how do I find out the list of dead and injured people in the incident my friends aunt is S.A that was in the church is also missing.

Johannesburg - South Africans needing help finding relatives following the building collapse at the Synagogue Church of All Nations in Lagos, Nigeria, should contact charity Gift of the Givers, it said on Friday.

Following a radio interview early on Friday evening, founder Imtiaz Sooliman said he received calls from five people wanting to find missing relatives.

"People who called me asked if I could find their family members," Sooliman said.

"I asked for the name of the family member, their ID number and a picture of the family member. If there is anyone who seeks assistance in trying to contact family members in Lagos, they are more than welcome to contact me."

If Sooliman could not be reached over the phone, the information could be SMSed to him, with a picture, if possible. He can be contacted on 083 236 4029.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Nigeria-collapse-Gift-of-the-Givers-offers-help-20140920

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by wazobiaN9(m): 7:18am On Sep 20, 2014
allisonluvsu: The Lagos State Government has indicted Prophet Temitope Joshua, General Overseer, Synagogue Church of All Nations, over the collapse of a 6-storey guest house in his church.

Death toll in the tragedy which occurred last Friday has hit 80 as rescue workers intensify efforts to evacuate the remaining victims trapped under the rubble. There is likely no hope of any more survivors.

•Prophet T.B. Joshua: Indicted

In a statement issued on Wednesday, the Lagos State Government insisted that Joshua did not have approval for the building, therefore the addition of more floors to the existing two-storey building was illegal.

Source: http://naija247news.com/2014/09/lagos-implicates-t-b-joshua-as-death-toll-hits-80/#.VBvKs6Oh-XU

The government, however, said investigations were still on as to why the building collapsed.

Commissioner for Physical Planning and Urban Development, Olutoyin Ayinde said government would not shut down the church until investigations were concluded.

Ayinde expressed sincere condolences and sympathy with those that lost their loved ones and those that were injured in the unfortunate incident.

He said the Government and indeed the Ministry was particularly saddened that innocent lives were lost.

The Commissioner clarified that no plans were in the offing to take over the collapsed structure site until thorough and detailed investigation as to the cause(s) of the collapse had been concluded.

According to him, government is conducting a preliminary investigation into the cause(s) of the collapse and would leave nothing to chance to unravel what cause the building to collapse.

He added that if there was any violation of relevant planning laws, government would take appropriate action.

To this end, Ayinde said a team of engineers from the Ministry and other state government agencies were taking samples from the foundation and materials from the wreckage of the building for detailed analysis.

He stressed that government does not arbitrarily take over properties when testing to ascertain the structural integrity of any building that collapses.

On the veracity of the “Strange Plane Theory,” alleged to have dangerously flown low over the building 50 minutes before the collapse, he said the Ministry had submitted the video clips, as provided by the Church to the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA) with the coordinate of the collapsed site for investigation and professional comment.

Meanwhile, the Chairman of the Lagos State House of Assembly Committee on the Environment, Tobun Abiodun, has expressed belief that some government officials may have allowed themselves to be compromised and influenced to allow the church construct the collapsed building illegally.

Ordinarily, officers in-charge of physical planning in the state are supposed to act where buildings become defective or where they do not follow laid-down procedures, he argued.

Tobun, who described the incident as a major disaster and a great loss, however, condoled with the families of the deceased and said the government needed to be more careful and pro-active to prevent a similar incident from happening again.

Quoting a report by the National Emergency Management Agency, NEMA, Tobun said that the building ought to have only four floors instead of six, according to the foundation of the house.

“But my concern is that we have town planning officers that should supervise buildings in the state, they are accomplices. There is no way someone would build a six-storey building instead of four and they would say they were not aware. I believe that they compromised standard.

“Until they know that if they compromise in any way they are risking people’s lives, there would be problem. They should be more pro-active in the discharge of their duties,” he said.

But the Chairman of the Physical Planning Committee of the House, Mufutau Egberongbe, while defending the officials of the Ministry of Physical Planning and Urban Development, urged Nigerians to adopt voluntary compliance to laws as enforcement of the laws is supposed to be a last resort.

One of the challenges facing the ministry, according to Egberongbe, is the lack of adequate staff.

“How many are the staff of the ministry to go round Lagos when buildings are springing up on a daily basis? Voluntary compliance to laws should be our primary responsibility,” he said.

He said the government officials would have faced heavy criticisms from people if they had decided to implement the law to the letter in relation to the building, adding that it even costs the government money to carry out demolition of structures.

To him, if the church had done what it should do, the incident would have been averted.

Poster: www.loadedvilla.com

Let justice be done, though the heavens may fall...
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:37am On Sep 20, 2014
ewosk:

u are delusional....if u think the religion of ur ancestors is harmless.... Go back to medieval age n performed what ever rituals associated with it...

I ask you again, what do you know about the religion of my ancestors you sickk fellow? If you cant answer this then kindly shut the fvck up.

We know how much darkness your christianity has caused in the name of religion. You have no right to speak. We have not forgotten that the first slave ship to leave Africa was called "jesus".

2 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by abdulwastecx(m): 7:48am On Sep 20, 2014
Eghosakelly: Your english teacher should be shot in the head.

you a fool...it was the phone that made it look that way. check out the modify version.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2014
Sounds like the so called prophet was motivated by greed to add two more floors without having an expert survey the existing structure 1st. More floors, more money *shrugs*

Don't things like this need approval from the municipality 1st before any additional structure is added? I know that here in South Africa, you can't just do extra things without the municipality coming to measure & approve some things 1st. Safety guidelines need to be followed.

He should be charged. This is negligence of the highest calibre on his part, man of God or not.

May the souls of the deceased rest in peace.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by soldierdollar(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2014
Fourwinds:
dats exactly what u did when u defended a foundation meant for two storey building wilfully loaded with six floors. now u want to compare What happened to Jesus Christ., John the Baptist and Stephen to T B Joshua. is dat how to exonerate someone from blame.?

Someone whom I quoted ( I can't remember if it's you ) said TB Joshua should have forseen the collapse of the building..... and that's the bone of my argument
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by MadCow1: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2014
candidbabe:

The almighty God he is serving will never allow him to be put behind bars so,
go and sleep.

But the God he serves would allow innocent people die inside an illegal structure he built without proper permit or procedure..

Some of you people ridicule God to the point that it's quite hilarious..

2 Likes

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 20, 2014
ewosk:

Yet adulterers were to be stoned to death and witches burnt alive in your so-called enlightened religion. All religion is a scam. They all evolve to fit the times.

1 Like

Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by caprini1: 10:43am On Sep 20, 2014
Its a shame so many lives got wasted just like that.My concern is that majority of buildings in Lagos,especially Lagos island are in the same calibre with the synagogue building.Must we wait till they collapse again,before anything can be done?
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by sugaarbear(m): 11:05am On Sep 20, 2014
lasg
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 20, 2014
Why am I not surprised? Prophet indeed!
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Fourwinds: 3:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
soldierdollar:

Someone whom I quoted ( I can't remember if it's you ) said TB Joshua should have forseen the collapse of the building..... and that's the bone of my argument
I didn't talked about T B Joshua forseeing any collapse building. I only told u to be mindful of ur quote from d Bible.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2014
abdulwastecx:

you a fool...it was the phone that made it look that way. check out the modify version.
modified not modify. Stupid slow learner.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Pennywise(m): 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2014
Since the Lagos State Govt recognize and accept that an illegal even criminal act has been committed leading to such a colossal loss of life, what is it doing to ensure Justice is done and this act is not repeated?

I am certain the state Government is considering its options. TB Joshua is not an unknown entity. And the fact that President Jonathan can leave his seat in Abuja to rub shoulders with someone suspected to have committed a heinous crime has certainly not made things easier for Lagos State Government. It is an executive blunder by the president but it is also consistent with acts we have come to associate with GEJ. Considering the fact that mostly foreigners were involved, govts are keenly watching how Nigeria will handle this.

A short while ago there was a Ferry disaster in SOUTH Korea leading to loss of lives. That was an accident to most observers but the ferry owner was hunted down by the state. In Nigeria, the president hobnobs with the chief criminal suspect in a mass manslaughter.
Re: Addition Of More Floors To Synagogue Guest House Was Illegal -lagos State Gov't by Lovechyld101(m): 6:47am On Sep 21, 2014
nora544:

Johannesburg - South Africans needing help finding relatives following the building collapse at the Synagogue Church of All Nations in Lagos, Nigeria, should contact charity Gift of the Givers, it said on Friday.

Following a radio interview early on Friday evening, founder Imtiaz Sooliman said he received calls from five people wanting to find missing relatives.

"People who called me asked if I could find their family members," Sooliman said.

"I asked for the name of the family member, their ID number and a picture of the family member. If there is anyone who seeks assistance in trying to contact family members in Lagos, they are more than welcome to contact me."

If Sooliman could not be reached over the phone, the information could be SMSed to him, with a picture, if possible. He can be contacted on 083 236 4029.

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Nigeria-collapse-Gift-of-the-Givers-offers-help-20140920

Hello her name "Martha Ngomane" I don't have her pix or I.D can I call you on that number I stay in lagos for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? / Rev King, Pentecostalism, Christianity, Gullibility And Igbo Nation / The Word For Today: A Daily Devotional

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.