Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,882 members, 7,802,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days (5185 Views)

U.S. Says Russia Is Firing Artillery Over Border At Ukraine Military / Putin Says Russia May Agree Strike If Assad Used Chemical Arms / Baboons Invade Cape Town Housing Estates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Wale112(m): 8:40am On Sep 19, 2014
Vladimir Putin allegedly threatened World War 3 during talks about Ukraine, claiming that Russia could potentially invade and take over the capitals of many European countries within two days.

In a related report by The Inquisitr, both Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton claim Putin wants to restore Russia to the glory of an empire that spreads across the globe, and even made comparison to Nazi Germany. Hillary does not believe Putin and Hitler can be directly compared, or claim that Putin starting World War 3, but she did make a comparison to how the Nazis used the German minorities in Poland and Czechoslovakia as an excuse to invade. Some say the situation prior to World War 2 is similar to today since “protecting” Russian speaking citizens of Ukraine are used as the justification for intervention in Ukraine.

The rhetoric related to the Ukraine war has been stepping up to a dangerous level in recent weeks. First, Russia’s nuclear weapons were test fired as a demonstration of Russian military might, and then Vladimir Putin promised to rebuild Russia’s nuclear arsenal. In response to recent advances by Russia within Ukrainian territory, Ukraine also threatened to restart its nuclear weapons program.

An influential German newspaper called Sueddeutsche Zeitung is reporting that Vladimir Putin allegedly had a private meeting with Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko and European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso. During the course of their discussion, Putin essentially threatened World War 3.

“If I wanted, in two days I could have Russian troops not only in Kiev, but also in Riga, Vilnius, Tallinn, Warsaw and Bucharest.”

This threat by Putin matches a similar statement allegedly said earlier in the month, in which Russia’s leader proclaimed their military force of 20,000 men camped outside Ukraine’s border could take the capital city Kiev within two weeks. In this case, that threat was expanded to include countries like Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Poland and Romania.

It’s possible that Putin was indirectly responding to a speech given by U.S. President Barack Obama earlier in the month, who also mentioned some of those NATO members.

“An attack on one is an attack on all. So if, in such a moment, you ever ask again, ‘who will come to help,’ you’ll know the answer – the NATO alliance, including the armed forces of the United States of America,” Obama said. “We’ll be here for Estonia. We will be here for Latvia. We will be here for Lithuania.”

If this alleged conversation between Putin, Poroshenko, and Barroso did take place, it would be the first time Putin has directly threatened members of the European Union and NATO. If Russia were to actually ever act on this threat, it really would mean World War 3 would start since Article V of NATO’s Washington Treaty declares that “an attack on one is an attack on all,” which is what President Obama was referring to in his speech. While both the United States and England have rejected calls to send lethal aid into Ukraine, both countries would be obligated by NATO treaties to respond with military force if Russia’s actions were to ever match Putin’s rhetoric. According to the NATO website, “Article 5 has been invoked once – in response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks in the United States.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/1484957/vladimir-putin-threatens-world-war-3-says-russia-could-invade-europe-within-two-days/

Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Wale112(m): 8:53am On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Idrismusty97(m): 8:58am On Sep 19, 2014
“An attack on one is an attack on all. So if, in such a moment, you ever ask again, ‘who will come to help,’ you’ll know the answer – the NATO alliance, including the armed forces of the United States of America,” Obama said. “We’ll be here for Estonia. We will be here for Latvia. We will be here for Lithuania.”
LMAO! When the time comes US will abandoned them as usual. Is Moldova even a member of NATO? That country is next! Russia can swallow Moldova in matter of hours! They have a significant number of Russians minorities there that also want separation so Putin have an excuse.

I am sure Obama is trying to hold down his laughter when saying that, This is what is on his mind cheesy.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1716962_obamalaughsatunidentifiedjokeamericansarebetterthantheireuropeancounterpartsatmaking_jpeg7d130f8013c45d35e1ba3cdfd00d9149

1 Like

Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by simplemach(m): 8:59am On Sep 19, 2014
Abeg make dem allow me marry my sweetheart first b4 anything o. I too like dat girl. World war 3 ko, world war 3 nii...
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by talktimi(m): 9:00am On Sep 19, 2014
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 19, 2014
Putin is gradually becoming more vain and detached from reality. He's this kinda guy that will gladly push the button and resort to nuclear weapons at the slightest chance possible. A complete lunatic leading Russia to her doom. But that's none of my Business.

3 Likes

Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by collins011(m): 9:04am On Sep 19, 2014
Wale112:

the thing that will kill dog will not allow it to perceive smell. I will be right here to jubilate when you are finally exterminated
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 19, 2014
Hmmn
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Donmarrius: 9:10am On Sep 19, 2014
Putin is a bast.ard,and a war monger!.

He will be disgraced out of office,like Hitler of Germany.
Of course,i have forwarded my Action Letter to World Peace Mission.
Everybody should do same,in utter condemnation of this idiat.

BTW,its not gonna be a 3rd World War,its gonna be a 4th World War,because fought the 3rd World War in 1967-70,when they fought the world powers U.S,UK,Russia,Arab League,Egypt,ably spearheaded by the Nigeria Government,with Biafra recieving little aid from the Vatican city,Israel and France.
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Idrismusty97(m): 9:15am On Sep 19, 2014
Donmarrius: Putin is a bast.ard,and a war monger!.

He will be disgraced out of office,like Hitler of Germany.
Of course,i have forwarded my Action Letter to World Peace Mission.
Everybody should do same,in utter condemnation of this idiat.

BTW,its not gonna be a 3rd World War,its gonna be a 4th World War,because fought the 3rd World War in 1967-70,when they fought the world powers U.S,UK,Russia,Arab League,Egypt,ably spearheaded by the Nigeria Government,with Biafra recieving little aid from the Vatican city,Israel and France.
If that is so then its gonna be the 5th World War cause the 4th World war is being fought in Syria. With Russia and the West having conflicting interest over that country.
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 9:26am On Sep 19, 2014
Putin is the saviour of the world. All hail Vladmir Putin for standing up against the imperialists. God bless badass Putin.

See the difference! One is a macho man. The other-Obama is a weakling grin

3 Likes

Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by nedu2000(m): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2014
Idrismusty97: LMAO! When the time comes US will abandoned them as usual. Is Moldova even a member of NATO? That country is next! Russia can swallow Moldova in matter of hours! They have a significant number of Russians minorities there that also want separation so Putin have an excuse.

I am sure Obama is trying to hold down his laughter when saying that, This is what is on his mind cheesy.
you're very correct,that's how NATO abandoned Georgia

1 Like

Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by hungryboy(m): 9:34am On Sep 19, 2014
Putin got jokes
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by amiskurie(m): 9:38am On Sep 19, 2014
America,destabilizing countries since the day it was discovered by foolish man"christopher colombus"

2 Likes

Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by olumuyiolaoluwa: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2014
Putin d ur Arithmetic well, cos d world still has record of ur likes.
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by deeobserver209(m): 11:17am On Sep 19, 2014
World politics at play. The bad guy here appears to be the Russian President Vladimir Putin, but that is far from it. You only need to go to Ukraine to find out first hand about what is really going on in Eastern Europe.
The CFR are privy to the commercial Airliner that was shot over Ukraine. Sacreficial lambs are always needed to escalade a conflict.
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by larryUG(m): 12:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
all this na propaganda, to put europe at war with russia. Putin neva said any of doz, it was what someone said he said. America wnts to mk europe belv that russia will attack. as for invading Ukraine, nthn will hpn if putin invades eastern ukraine, just like nfn hpnd when russia invaded and annexed Crimea. a lot of people dont know the root of this russian aggression.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by bknight: 12:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
Truth is, the war has started. But not necessarily WWIII. First is economic war. And unfortunately Russia seems to be winning it.

We are only left to see if the econnomic war escalates to a full scale military combat.
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by castrogee(m): 2:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
Western propaganda at work.

2 Likes

Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 2:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
castrogee: Western propaganda at work.

Maybe. But then both sides do it. wink
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 2:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
deeobserver209: World politics at play. The bad guy here appears to be the Russian President Vladimir Putin, but that is far from it. You only need to go to Ukraine to find out first hand about what is really going on in Eastern Europe.
The CFR are privy to the commercial Airliner that was shot over Ukraine. Sacreficial lambs are always needed to escalade a conflict.

Have you been to Ukraine?
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
amiskurie: America,destabilizing countries since the day it was discovered by foolish man"christopher colombus"

Yeah, but they helped re-build Germany after WW II. For example!
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nobleval: Putin is the saviour of the world. All hail Vladmir Putin for standing up against the imperialists. God bless badass Putin.

See the difference! One is a macho man. The other-Obama is a weakling grin

[img]http://courtneyinecuador.files./2014/05/not-bad.gif%3Fw%3D600[/img]
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by deeobserver209(m): 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Have you been to Ukraine?
No. I have friends in Ukraine.
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

[img]http://courtneyinecuador.files./2014/05/not-bad.gif%3Fw%3D600[/img]
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by amiskurie(m): 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Yeah, but they helped re-build Germany after WW II. For example!

I like Americans,bt I don't like its government policies.if the world continue this way humanity won't last another 2 centuries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
amiskurie:

I like Americans,bt I don't like its government policies.if the world continue this way humanity won't last another 2 centuries.

I am also critical of them but I am also critical of one-sidedness.
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 2:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nobleval:

The picture speaks for itself. wink
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
deeobserver209:
No. I have friends in Ukraine.

So do I. wink
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

The picture speaks for itself. wink

lol...yea.
Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by amiskurie(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I am also critical of them but I am also critical of one-sidedness.

People were made to believe America's side of stories by their agents worldwide

1 Like

Re: Putin Threatens World War 3, Says Russia Could Invade Europe Within Two Days by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
amiskurie:

People were made to believe America's side of stories by their agents worldwide

How were people made to believe their side of stories?

Who are their agents?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Barack Obama 'abuses' Nigeria! / Meet The Man Deported From Saudi Arabia For Being Too Handsome (pictures) / Nigerian Girl Faces Racist Threat For Winning Uk Beauty Contest.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.