Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Nigeria's Quality Musicians - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigeria's Quality Musicians (599 Views)

Rate These Nigerian Musicians From Best To Worst / Musicians' Real Names That U Know. / Let's Talk About Nigerian Musicians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Quality Musicians by Culbobby(m): 1:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
The quality of music from the Nigeria music industry has the tag of inconsistency clipped on it, you cannot pick an era of constant great tunes, perhaps, the era of highlife/juju/afrobeats can be singled out, aside that, nothing else.
Nowadays we(Nigerians) just listen to good beats and "wack"(mediocre) lyrics called songs. Personally, I have a list of selected few(musicians) i listen to and now I would tell you why i choose them.
Modenine: Hiphop(genre) is simply poetry spoken fast on beats but many tend to misunderstand this phenomenon and hence the administered corruption to our ears. Moddy is hiphop and real, a lyricist extraordinaire with hits like 360 degrees poetry, formidable, elbow room, contradiction, Lagos state of mind...etc
Notable mentions: Lyrical g(ph), overdose, freestyle, Jesse jags, m.I, vector, terry da rapman, ikechukwu and sauce kid.
ASA: soul(genre). Asa is a near perfect songstress and has all the makings of a Grammy award winner, she can be compared to Macy gray. She ccombines traditional Yoruba words with soulful sounds which to me is a perfect combo. Her self titled debut album topped charts and went multi: platinum
Notable mentions( Bez and Nneka)
TUBABA: Rnb(genre) 2face is a household name, loved by the old and young. He never fails to deliver and has a catalogue of hits attached to his name. He has won so many awards locally and internationally. He is simply a legend.
Notable mentionssad psquare(lacks originality) omawumi, Azadus,ojb and pheelz)
just my 2cents folks!
Re: Nigeria's Quality Musicians by acenazt: 1:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
2FACE IDIBIA is and will remain the best. ASA is too good. And MODE9 is something else. This 3 Music makers are what i call real. But 2FACE is on the Pop and Afropop genre. Rnb goes to DAREY ART ALADE.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Quality Musicians by Culbobby(m): 2:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
acenazt: 2FACE IDIBIA is and will remain the best. ASA is too good. And MODE9 is something else. This 3 Music makers are what i call real. But 2FACE is on the Pop and Afropop genre. Rnb goes to DAREY ART ALADE.
I totally disagree, 70% of 2face's songs are Rnb, he switched to pop just for commercial success and still didn't sell out. Though dare is on point but he always trys too hard to sound American. 2face uses his Nigerian accent on Rnb songs and still sound better. There's no doubting the fact that he is the king of Rnb/pop in 9ja.
Re: Nigeria's Quality Musicians by acenazt: 3:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote
author=Culbobby]
I totally disagree, 70% of 2face's songs are Rnb, he switched to pop
just for commercial success and still didn't sell out. Though dare is on
point but he always trys too hard to sound American. 2face uses his
Nigerian accent on Rnb songs and still sound better. There's no doubting
the fact that he is the king of Rnb/pop in 9ja.[/quote] well wikipedia has 2face's biography and all i see is pop and afro pop.
Re: Nigeria's Quality Musicians by asha80(m): 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
etcetera

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Nigeria Hottest Rapper Now? / Delta 1010 External Analogue Sound Card For Sale / Things I Hate About Nigerian Musicvideos...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.