Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,889 members, 7,802,862 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? (24294 Views)

Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man?(pics) / Is It Ever Okay For A Girl To Propose To Her Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by hensben(m): 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2014
not okay....
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Lovexme(m): 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ok. I've read the comments. I'll come give my opinion later.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by nekaa(f): 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
If you are ready to hear the hard truth... Why not?

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by jopheezy(m): 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Why not undecided
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by MizMyColi(f): 3:29pm On Sep 19, 2014

I've just put myself in the shoe of the one who's being called or texted.
What would I tell him?
Would I just pretend like nothing is wrong or go ahead and say what I feel might actually be his issue?
Without being vindictive like andromi da says nor judgemental?

After the conversation, what would be my thoughts towards him?
Would I laugh him off as someone who doesn't know his left from his right or would I give him grace as someone who is still trying to find his way?

Is there a possibility that he might not be suffering from inferiority issue as I might think?
Maybe he knows that even after he messed things up or I messed things up, he still thinks of me as a soul he could confide in.

^^^Never mind those thoughts up there.
Very deep thoughts of mine.
Andromida got me thinking in those lines.

Even though I strongly think that it's never a good thing to do, I don't consider my opinion an absolute.
There just might be exceptions.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
who put this WORTHLESS TREND FOR FB...wait make i get my APC first,then PDP go endorse you yansh!!!

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
Am not sure it's advisable to do that esp wen Ex wants you to change from the person you are to some1 you are not.

The best way is just be yurself and give your best in your rlnship....some1 is made for you that will accept yur flaws...cos if yu want to. work on it yu ll tend to pretend...anybdy dt has left yu is nt part of your future just let dem Waka pass...
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by daben1(m): 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
Yea, so that you won't make the same mistake in your subsequent relationship...
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by itsIYKE(m): 3:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
bjv
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by daben1(m): 3:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
HisSexcellency: From the content of your write up, i believe you're strongly contemplating on doing so or already did and now not sure if you did the right thing. To my asking an Ex about your flaws is a flaw itself. It's a sign of inadequacy and inferiority complex
i see you bro!
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 19, 2014
MizMyColi: By vindictive Ma'am, how do you mean?

Some ex's have grievances maybe they still blame you for some things, some ex's are pure meanies if you make the mistake of asking them they'll tear you down just to see you hurt.

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
Me flawless..no other opinion needed
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by daben1(m): 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
MizMyColi: By vindictive Ma'am, how do you mean?
ask am abeg!
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Lovexme(m): 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
Apparently, they still keep in touch, and they are still probably in good terms. It shouldn't be a problem if he/she decides to ask the ex for whatever noticeable character flaw he/she must have had or still has while both were still an item.

As a matter of fact, I think it's one good way to better one self as an ex must have been in a better position to appraise one's character.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
Yes it is , its just like asking a recruiter after a failed interview where you got it wrong. it helps you build on those weaknesses.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by kilokeys(m): 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
a simple question,

you :if u had an advice for me, what are those things u think i could drop or do better at?...

ex: bla bla bla bla bla

you: thanks

u then seperate the chaff from the grains of wisdom.

vewi simple.

don't ask twice though

2 Likes

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by MizMyColi(f): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
andromida:

Some ex's have grievances maybe they still blame you for some things, some ex's are pure meanies if you make the mistake of asking them they'll tear you down just to see you hurt.

Thanks.
You actually gave me another school of thought to attend grin
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by itsIYKE(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
An ex should remain in the "Ex" corner,..digging up dust by asking dis kind of question may complicate ur love life,...nw let me just go bck nd read the post grin
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by HisSexcellency(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
daben1: i see you bro!
I see you too, Will be right back.... Phcn just brought light, make i go hug transformer first before i comment grin
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by otijah(m): 3:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
MizMyColi:

^^^ I'm happy people like you are speaking my mind.
I await counter opinions.
I am still asking re u the culprit here
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by daben1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
MizMyColi:

i don't even need her to tell me flaws, if i refuse to buy her brazilian her, she'll take it as my flaw!
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by freecocoa(f): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
It's no big deal, I ask people close to me, so I guess before he became an ex, I must have asked him.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by daben1(m): 3:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
HisSexcellency:
Will be right back.... Phcn just brought light, make i go hug transformer first before i comment grin
it's very expedient!
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by metalliccards(f): 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
Why ask, for he/she. To ve become an ex definately all u noticed we each ohters shortcoming. Move on ,grow up, sm1 is waiting out there 2 change u rather dan conderm u.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by MizMyColi(f): 3:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
otijah: I am still asking re u the culprit here
Go and start reading from page 0 undecided
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Yes especially on bed matters, so I can have the chance to correct and show my improvement. grin
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by deebrain(m): 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
Its ok to ask...

...but never expect constructive responses.

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by AriDsexy(f): 3:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
MizMyColi:

Someone said ur ex should be left in d past,that's fine,but I really would want to know my flaws so that I can work on them and not carry it to my current relationship...my opinion.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by zicoraads: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
Too many intelligent posts on this thread grin

**Flies outta thread**
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
HisSexcellency: From the content of your write up, i believe you're strongly contemplating on doing so or already did and now not sure if you did the right thing. To my asking an Ex about your flaws is a flaw itself. It's a sign of inadequacy and inferiority complex

I concur !
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Waspy(m): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
One thing I know is, Most Men won't ask but Ladies most times will. It depends on who ended the r/ship and how the dumpee feels abt the dumping process. For me, it makes no sense asking cos most reasons are unrealistic nor justifiable.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by adexsimply(m): 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ex or no Ex, I don't believe in asking for people's opinions on my flaws or faults. If there's any attitude of mine you don't like, then say it to my face or go to hell! You will be amazed at what some folks count as "flaws"; can you imagine someone telling you they dislike you because you're self-confident?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer? / " Please Sub For Me " How Nigerian Girls Ask For Airtime Is Now On A Dictionary / Where Are The Beautiful Girls On Nl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.