Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,651 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? (24292 Views)

Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man?(pics) / Is It Ever Okay For A Girl To Propose To Her Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
ugwum007:

u re really something

What can i say? Thats just me. Keeping it real. My exes do not like my stand about it. They always wanna spoil my next relationships, always wanting to come back. But i gotta move on. I love new things and love meeting new people.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by MizMyColi(f): 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
priscaoge: You can’t start the
next chapter if you
keep re-reading the last one.
Ex should remain EX...Nobody cares about the past,they care about the present,an EX is an EX for a reason so get over him...IMO!

Btw MizMyColi u have a nice Post herewinkwink

LoLzz, Thanks Dear.
I'm glad I could share here.
I actually thought this question was a one way reply: (NO)

Some people just be giving me reasons to think in their lines too.
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by expert101(m): 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
[size=18pt]Don't ever try to go back to your Ex to ask about flaws. It shows you are still confused and don't know who you are truly.

It's like a man who has forgotten his Name.[/size]
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Leetunechi: 8:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
MizMyColi:
[/font]

i sent you pm undecided
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by phemyj(m): 9:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
I CNT JUST LET DIS GO OF DIS WOTHOUT SAYING DIS.
"though may be hidden, everyone has a potential to be appreciated"
1st i ll say you shud not be carried away by this current world were you can now know anytin yu want to...
if a lady/guy cannot see dat and in d life of her's/his patner and elimimate dis pain frm occuring @1st, i can see ~a sieving...
den prefer not to be guilty.
i think bigger dan my problems as a person.
^j£$us my strength^
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
If u separated peacefully with ur ex. U could call him/her and ask for ur flaws. But if na fight una take break up, u gat get a strong mind to convince him/her to tell u only d little he/she can and na d raw flaws he/she go tell u with vex

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by JoanJohnson(f): 9:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
@OP, I don't see anything wrong with it. I have done it b4 nd it help me so much, I never knew I like jumping into conclusions without listening to the full story until one person pointed it out to me, right now am better, I keep calm and listen though its a bit tough for me but it has really helped me, that's why I try to part with an ex in a more nicer way, we can still assist each other if need be. Late Pastor Bimbo Odukoya said it was not wrong to do it and I took her statement and it has helped in making me better than I was.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2014
Its far from bin ok
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by luxanne(f): 10:03pm On Sep 19, 2014
That is, if u are stil friends with the ex right? Cuz u'l agree with me that most relationships wen its over, both parties become strangers.

However, if u stil friends with ur ex (which rarely happens), its alright if u wanna know what about u in the relationship he/she didn't like, and sadly, in times like this, that's wen he/she will be real frank with u in naming all there is and even naming theirs as well(lol) as no more bond is binding u both. Well, that's for those who wanna know from their ex their flaws which I'l say in most cases, is as a result of blaming themselves solely for the reason y the relationship crashed.

But for me, I don't need to. Infact, am not interested to know from him. Like u said and I totally concur, noone is perfect, no not one! Rather, what I subscribe to and would wish everyone to as well, is being with that individual who don't give a damn abot those flaws u got but instead see them just as beautiful like its owner.
Hence, I'l say, ex should save his flaw speech. But that is not to say if he wanna know from me his flaws I won't tell o, I'l surely do. But even @ that, I'l appreciate it more if the flaw talk happened during the relationship and not after it, makes no point after.

Tag: Mizmycoli smiley

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by MizMyColi(f): 10:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
luxanne: That is, if u are stil friends with the ex right? Cuz u'l agree with me that most relationships wen its over, both parties become strangers.

However, if u stil friends with ur ex (which rarely happens), its alright if u wanna know what about u in the relationship he/she didn't like, and sadly, in times like this, that's wen he/she will be real frank with u in naming all there is and even naming theirs as well(lol) as no more bond is binding u both. Well, that's for those who wanna know from their ex their flaws which I'l say in most cases, is as a result of blaming themselves solely for the reason y the relationship crashed.

But for me, I don't need to. Infact, am not interested to know from him. Like u said and I totally concur, noone is perfect, no not one! Rather, what I subscribe to and would wish everyone to as well, is being with that individual who don't give a damn abot those flaws u got but instead see them just as beautiful like its owner.
Hence, I'l say, ex should save his flaw speech. But that is not to say if he wanna know from me his flaws I won't tell o, I'l surely do. But even @ that, I'l appreciate it more if the flaw talk happened during the relationship and not after it, makes no point after.

Tag: Mizmycoli smiley

coolI follow all the right people on NL

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by abel14(f): 10:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
There z absolutely nothing wrong in asking ur ex abt ur flaws.Your ex is in d position t tell you d truth cus he/she no longer care abt ur feelings
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by ifoundmyperfect: 10:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=MizMyColi][/quote]

No its not okay...
Pointless opening old smelling wounds...
No one in his right senses just breaks up with his Ex without prior warning to deviate from wot he perceives as something that may jeopardize their relationship. Esply if he is into the chic... D loves starts to go on a decline when such unpleasantries are unending... Then cheating starts to lurk its ugly head... The amorous and weak amigos give in b4 they even call it quit...

I really don see any reason. They know always know their flaws, deficiencies, imperfections, carelessness, etc... without being told...
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by israelBigFame(m): 11:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
Do you love writing? Gossips? News? Or maybe you wanted to be a journalist, look no further cos this might be it for you
Right now I am looking for someone to Help me blog on my network
No big pay now but I can assure in a year time with hard work your life won't remain this same
Pls Get back to me if you interested
Bbm pin 3312B82D Email-isrealplay@gmail.com phone no- 08060776198.
Best wishes
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by kobonaire(m): 11:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
Can you handle the truth??
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by luxanne(f): 11:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
MizMyColi:

coolI follow all the right people on NL

smiley smiley smiley
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by vosquare: 11:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
keypad1: i did not read the post.

I only read the topic.

But ex should not reapear in our lives again.
funniest post ever grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by festivity123: 12:42am On Sep 20, 2014
xamster: Actually, i wouldn't advice anyone to do that. It's obviously a display of inferiority mindset and belittle of ur esteem.
But on the contrary, since ur ex knows much about u, hence such individual will be in a position to highlight those flaws & inadequacies which were never visible to you in ur past relationship.
I dont ask,i rather ask my present GF if she notice anything abt me,though i have this my EX still asking me why we seperated n i still have not been able to ans her
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by buchostags(m): 2:39am On Sep 20, 2014
in most cases all d flaws is encrypted in d "we need to talk" talk. '...thts d reason am breaking up wt u' U cant break up wt one wtout atleast tellin em wht da ef it is. N tht for me is d final word; let it go. Frm den on apply d avoidance avoidance approach
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by charlie42(m): 7:53am On Sep 20, 2014
yuzjet: An Ex is an Examples of any Experiences of what should never appear/occur/happen in ur life again.

Even if u want to know about ur flaws, not from ur Ex. because I believe he/she will use the chance to bring u down as it'll seems that u're still living in ur past.

Forget ur Ex here and focus to adjust on whatever can make the new lucky person stays.
Exacly u deserve one keg of palme + olomo

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by hurpeyeahme(f): 7:59am On Sep 20, 2014
What flaws cud Ʊ possibly be asking frm an ex dt exed Ʊ jus cos Ʊ refuse him sex cheesy to me an ex is an ex n shud remain dt.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by yuzjet(m): 8:02am On Sep 20, 2014
charlie42:

U too! Thanks anyway.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by yuzjet(m): 8:02am On Sep 20, 2014
charlie42:
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 8:46am On Sep 20, 2014
that is why i always tell people to spell it out, break up for the right reasons and state it. there wont be unanswered questions or doubts. i see no reason for anyone to ask the ex for flaws because even if there wasnt any and it was selfishness, such person would be selfish to the end. this in turn may affect the new relationship you wanna start.

e.g: you are too clingy. what if the new guy or girl likes it when you check up on her often?
undecided undecided imagine that kind of scenario.

ex should be left in the past because one way or another, they influence your future all in the name of "we still friends." they still harboring feelings jare. they should sit themselves down and tell eachother what the flaws are and keep dating, and when they still have issues after this. then they are just not a match made wherever!

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by MizMyColi(f): 9:10am On Sep 20, 2014
Bless you Shoefreak.
Having heard from differnt sides and honestly considered varying opinions.
I see that People have remained good friends with their ex over a period of time.
I honestly don't know how that works.

The much I can do is xchange pleasantries on a superficial level.
Discuss, IF necessary and voila!

Here's my verdict.

If and When you can, please avoid talking to your ex about anything that has to do with you.
If you must, then be sure the person is not the vindictive kind or a meannie

Thank You.

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by icankel: 9:20am On Sep 20, 2014
Talkin of X here, I don't even know were I kept there contact again cos am pretty cool wit my present life after adjustin my previous life wit Ex. Dat u startd wit sm1 doesn't mean u gonna end wit d person. X makes us 2 knw ourself better not d oda way round
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 20, 2014
It is ok but remember that what one person considers a flaw, another might consider a merit. wink
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by butanep(m): 10:26am On Sep 20, 2014
MizMyColi:

Just had to quote you here.
You and Andromida are giving me another school of thought to attend to, especially seeing as I'm against it personally.
I think there is nothing bad in it, if you understand you ex and also you separated amicably.

1 Like

Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 20, 2014
It depends on their level of emotional maturity and understanding.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by butanep(m): 10:32am On Sep 20, 2014
It's a very welcome idea but depend on the way you broke up with your ex. If you separated amicably, you can always get some certain bad trait about yourself. When you are together, your lover will hardly tell you these things, so you won't get offended.
It has happen to me, no body is perfect, there are some bad traits I ve put off today simply because my ex told me when we were chatting. Its never a bad idea but make sure it's the nice one who u always communicate with but no sexual attachment.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by otimothy(m): 11:23am On Sep 20, 2014
the tendency of an ex telling u abt ur flaws is extremely slim,besides why looking to amend ur flaws wen we were created to make mistakes,bro pls let ur ex remain in the ex zone,let ur present love u wit ur flaws besides going bck to ur ex is the greatest flaw u can have.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 11:31am On Sep 20, 2014
I missed the memo that said an ex had become my perfect law of liberty.

At this age I should know myself...and I do infact. I know the things I should change and those that I shouldnt. Should I need feedback from others at anytime, I'd go to my God, or those I've lived with all my life, or my friends.

Thinking about it, how would the conversation even go? Haha! There'd be a lot of stammering from my end. Ah no, my pride wont allow such naansense. The best I can do when it comes to finding out flaws from an ex is to think back and detect a pattern or recurring complaint about me. Aside that, nope, I dont do vestiges.
Re: Asking An "Ex" About Your Flaws, Is It Ever Okay? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Sep 20, 2014
I didn't have to ask, he kept singing it to my ears.
Says he wants the next guy to always thank him for doing a good job.
I wish i changed. I became even worse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ladies: Why Are You Single? / " Please Sub For Me " How Nigerian Girls Ask For Airtime Is Now On A Dictionary / The Alpha Male Vs The Nice Guy – Which Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.