Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,865 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 (1399 Views)

PDP Will Regain Power Come 2019- Olisa Metuh / How Did We Vote These Foreigners To Power? Come 2015 We Most Vote Them Out / Why I Need A New Party In Power Come 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Dbestmax(m): 2:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
We're all Nigerians here...Yes..if 'NO' indicate..moast of us want GEJ back especially d easterners and d South South region...but what tangible thing do u think he has done in this Nation to deserve a Second tenure that we all know could bring doom to this Nation...but GOD help us such dosent happen...To be sincere I think GEJ has caused us more pain than Joy...Speak from your herat my people

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Ikengawo: 2:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Best president Nigeria has ever had. What's really the question is why do Nairaland yoruba people pretend as if GEJ isn't extremely popular in the SW as well? Scared?

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by chinasaekp3rem: 2:46pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ikengawo: Best president Nigeria has ever had. What's really the question is why do Nairaland yoruba people pretend as if GEJ isn't extremely popular in the SW as well? Scared?

I am Chinemerem Emmanuel Okpan, a young and cool dude. I am Hiv positive and need a relationship. Thanks

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by luvinhubby(m): 2:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
Because he is an Ijaw Anglican Christian from the south-south state of Bayelsa.
Oya, bring a short gun & fire at me. angry
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Ikengawo: 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
1. Nigeria's economy is now standing strong at $510 due to GDP Rebasing. This has given investors knowledge of how much money they can make by investing in and engaging with the Nigerian economy, the official largest in Africa.

2. Food importation bill is now N700bl. During Yar Adua it was N1.4 trillion, and before him even higher.

3. $1,000,000,000USD was saved in the Sovereign Wealth Fund, safe guarding the Nigerian economy from bankruptcy for today and most importantly future generations (when the youth take charge of Nigeria). This money is permanently allocated to stimulating industry and stabilizing the economy in case the economy begins to crash. The fund has been growing since it's inception.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07/positive-rating-of-nigerias-sovereign-wealth-fund/#.VBSrlfldXUc

4. 50,000 ghost workers have been eliminated from the system. This has saved in Nigeria economy N139 billion.

5. $4 Billion USD has been invested in to agriculture, Nigeria now boosts the largest ag sector in the whole of Africa

6. Life expectancy in Nigeria according to the UN has gone from 47 years to 52 years.

7. in 2009 500,000 Nigerians had insurance. Today it's 1.5 million and growing

8. 1.1m metric tonnes of rice is now being produced in Northern states alone.

9. Nigerians now own 400 crude oil tankers. In 2009, that number was 60

10. 11,604 housing units have been provided by GEJ

11. Nigerian attracted $7billion USD in foreign investment in 2013 alone. It's today the #1 destination in Africa for investment, topping South Africa during this administration.

12. Nigerian exports have risen 14.2% in the first quarter of this year alone.

13. Nigerian imports have droped 8.3% in the same period

14. Nigeria's trade surplus has increase N2.4 Trillion

15. 130,000 barrels of crude a day is being produced by the Nigerian Petroleum Development Corportation. Before it was 0.

16. Nigeria has a 33.1% poverty rate in 2009 it was 62.2%.

17. Agricultural silo capacity has increased 400% in this admin

18. It now takes 7 days to clear trouble free cargo. In 2012 it took 39 days. This was done by reducing the number of port agencies from 13 to 7

19. 5 million Nigerians are today carried by rail annually in this administration. From 2000-2012 that number was 1 million combine

20. Nigeria's rails were morbid for 15 years before GEJ

21. 22 Federally owned airports where remodeled, and renovated under this administration.

22. 17 additional fuel deposits have been discovered under this administration, leading to oil finds in the Southeast, Southwest, Middle belt and North

23. 6 Million farmers have are now on the e-wallet program saving them from a combine totally of N50 Billion due to their new found safety from fraud.

24. Kebbi, Zamafara, Sokoto, Katsina, Kano, Jigawa, Gombe, Niger, Kogi and Bauchi have received 1.07 metric tones of increased farm productivity due to irrigation projects of this government.

25. Nigeria is not a cement exporting nation, and the worst's fastest growing market for cement.

26. Saving One Million Lives Program has provided direct treatment for 4333, 650 mothers and children with malaria control projects, HIV prevention and treatment projects, and immunizations and ...

27. Polio has finally been eradicated from Nigeria. Nigeria has reported 0 cases of polio.

28. 7 Million Tones of Paddy Rice has been added to national production.

29. $15 Million fund has been launched to start Venture Capital in Nigeria.

30. Guinea Worm has been eradicated from Nigeria, 0 cases reported this year.

31. 125 Almajiri boarding schools have been built by the federal government.

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Mekateka: 3:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
Dbestmax: We're all Nigerians here...Yes..if 'NO' indicate..moast of us want GEJ back especially d easterners and d South South region...but what tangible thing do u think he has done in this Nation to deserve a Second tenure that we all know could bring doom to this Nation...but GOD help us such dosent happen...To be sincere I think GEJ has caused us more pain than Joy...Speak from your herat my people
lolzzzzzzz, na so e dey pain u? Sorry o. For GEJ to give you this freedom to ask this useless question, he deserves my vote.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by DollyParton1(f): 3:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
I have no reason to vote him back into power.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Noble11(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=Ikengawo]1. Nigeria's economy is now standing strong at $510 due to GDP Rebasing. This has given investors knowledge of how much money they can make by investing in and engaging with the Nigerian economy, the official largest in Africa.

2. Food importation bill is now N700bl. During Yar Adua it was N1.4 trillion, and before him even higher.

3. $1,000,000,000USD was saved in the Sovereign Wealth Fund, safe guarding the Nigerian economy from bankruptcy for today and most importantly future generations (when the youth take charge of Nigeria). This money is permanently allocated to stimulating industry and stabilizing the economy in case the economy begins to crash. The fund has been growing since it's inception.

http://businessdayonline.com/2014/07/positive-rating-of-nigerias-sovereign-wealth-fund/#.VBSrlfldXUc

4. 50,000 ghost workers have been eliminated from the system. This has saved in Nigeria economy N139 billion.

5. $4 Billion USD has been invested in to agriculture, Nigeria now boosts the largest ag sector in the whole of Africa

6. Life expectancy in Nigeria according to the UN has gone from 47 years to 52 years.

11. Nigerian attracted $7billion USD in foreign investment in 2013 alone. It's today the #1 destination in Africa for investment, topping South Africa during this administration.

15. 130,000 barrels of crude a day is being produced by the Nigerian Petroleum Development Corportation. Before it was 0.

18. It now takes 7 days to clear trouble free cargo. In 2012 it took 39 days. This was done by reducing the number of port agencies from 13 to 7

19. 5 million Nigerians are today carried by rail annually in this administration. From 2000-2012 that number was 1 million combine

21. 22 Federally owned airports where remodeled, and renovated under this administration.

22. 17 additional fuel deposits have been discovered under this administration, leading to oil finds in the Southeast, Southwest, Middle belt and North

23. 6 Million farmers have are now on the e-wallet program saving them from a combine totally of N50 Billion due to their new found safety from fraud.

24. Kebbi, Zamafara, Sokoto, Katsina, Kano, Jigawa, Gombe, Niger, Kogi and Bauchi have received 1.07 metric tones of increased farm productivity due to irrigation projects of this government.

25. Nigeria is not a cement exporting nation, and the worst's fastest growing market for cement.

26. Saving One Million Lives Program has provided direct treatment for 4333, 650 mothers and children with malaria control projects, HIV prevention and treatment projects, and immunizations and ...

27. Polio has finally been eradicated from Nigeria. Nigeria has reported 0 cases of polio.

[/quot
please ✋ stop before you give Sm Ppl heart attack
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Noble11(m): 3:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
[quote author=Noble11][/quote]
please stop before you give Sm Ppl here heart attack

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by RedArrow: 3:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
1. We now know that STEALING is no longer CORRUPTION

2. Lost of territory to insurgency

3. Insecurity the order of the day

4. increament in pump price PMS from N65 to N97 ( approximately 49.23% increase)

5. International mockery

6. Averagely, Nigerian still live below $1 per day

7. Power still erratic

8. Lies like never before

Ikengawo: 1. Nigeria's economy is now standing strong at $510 due to GDP Rebasing. This has given investors knowledge of how much money they can make by investing in and engaging with the Nigerian economy, the official largest in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by BabaAlabi: 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
The reason is simple. There's no better alternative,no better man,no better leader than Goodluck Jonathan. APC comprises of dogs who want power by all means and that is why their presidential candidates are old impotent men with one foot in the grave.
Many Nigerians vote for the man and not the party so you cannot compare Goodluck and Buhari/Atiku/El Rufai.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by emmasege: 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
What do u do when the best is not available?, the available bcoms the best. With d likes of Atiku, Buhari, Tinubu & Kwakwanso around, I'd rather pitch my tent wt GEJ. Not as if both parties don't have better candidates, but d politics of imposition leaves us the electorates with no other choice than to stick to GEJ.
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by BigBelleControl(m): 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
I have not decided if I'm going to vote for GEJ or not. It depends on who APC is fielding. I'm not an advocate of a one party state which i see the country leaning towards if PDP rules for 50 years as they vowed. One thing i hate hearing from Nigeria is the statement "better the devil you know". Who says only GEJ is the best among the lots? Give other people a chance and let them know that if they dont perform, they will be booted out after four years.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Ikengawo: 4:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
RedArrow:
1. We now know that STEALING is no longer CORRUPTION

2. Lost of territory to insurgency

3. Insecurity the order of the day

4. increament in pump price PMS from N65 to N97 ( approximately 49.23% increase)

5. International mockery

6. Averagely, Nigerian still live below $1 per day

7. Power still erratic

8. Lies like never before

1. Stealing: Take (another person's property) without permission or legal right and without intending to return it.
Corruption: Dishonest or fraudulent conduct by those in power, typically involving bribery.
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Corruption
2. My territory is intact
3. I am secure
4. I still dey kampe
5. I am not laughing
6. I live on over a dollar a day
7. This is the best power I've seen in years
8. APC needs to stop telling them

and if you ask 99% of Nigerians they're in the same boat as I am. Because hausa people decided to start killing themselves doesn't mean there's anything wrong or right with Jonathan. Is it today? Because APC has used international blackmail and shaming against their own country doesn't make jonathan right or wrong. Because you can not go out and make more than 1 dollar a day doesn't mean Jonathan is making you poor.

I'm talking about things we can all see and measure.
We can all see the rails are back,
we can all see construction of the second Niger bridge,
we can all see that Nigeria now has 1 university in EVERY state,
we can all see that the amount of foreign businesses in Nigeria is exploding,
we call all see that every airport has been rebuilt or is being rebuilt,
we can all see the amount of PRIVATE SECTOR billionaires skyrocketing
we can all see more and more "Made In Nigeria" on our bags of Rice and other food stuffs
You could have gone to Abuja and saw the WEF hosted by Nigeria, which was the second largest World Economic Forum of all time and this was achieved during a terrorist attack on Abuja intended to disrupt it.
we can all see elections are more balance fair and free than before, you know the opposition now has rights and a mouth to speak with hence this thread
We can see the building of new ports, power plants, refineries etc.

Don't tell me that GEJ is bad because oyibo people decided to mock Nigeria, or that because you haven't paid your power bill since Adam we will now vote for a party that can only field islamist Fulanis as presidential candidates (Kwankwaso, Buhari, Atiku), and is searching for a muslim vice president from one of their debt ridden states.
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by egift(m): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
Why you should "vote" Jonathan:
- To continue Massive looting
- The auctioning government assets to his interest
- Continued smuggling of arms, money and other illegals
- For more killings, militancy, kidnapping, armed robberies, scams, etc.
- So that none of the looters will ever get convicted.
- More years of darkness, budget inflation, inflated contract sums, etc.
- Support for more ogogoro in the house.
- Trial by error policies, anti-people policies, new fees.
- vote for Jonathan to endorse your approval for all the evil Jonathan has presided over.

Nigerians be patriotic and courageous - kick out the Zoologist and rescue our beloved country from destruction.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by luvinhubby(m): 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
Stay there and be asking for GEJ's , APC is on the brink of losing Lagos to a more organised PDP.
You should have seen the way some LASTMA thugs were given the beating of their lives this morning with curses on their masters while trying to arrest people running one way at Apapa.
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Ikengawo: 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
BigBelleControl: I have not decided if I'm going to vote for GEJ or not. It depends on who APC is fielding. I'm not an advocate of a one party state which i see the country leaning towards if PDP rules for 50 years as they vowed. One thing i hate hearing from Nigeria is the statement "better the devil you know". Who says only GEJ is the best among the lots? Give other people a chance and let them know that if they dont perform, they will be booted out after four years.

rational thinking sane Nigerian. People have decided they're voting 'APC' without even knowing who APC is. If APC fields Saddam Hussien (Who's list of dictatorial crimes and methods are identical to Buhari's in my opinion) are you still anti-jonathan?

Stop trying to single out and demonize the 'south south' and 'south east' for saying they appreciate GEJ for what he's doing to develop Nigeria. It's not by force that someone agrees with you. The GEJ supporters at least know the face of the man they support. They can at least tell you "yes I like goodluck jonathan as the president of Nigeria".

What can you tell us? That you hate him? If you hate him that's fine but who then do you like and what makes you believe they're the APC candidate? Tell us your alternative and campaign for him. Stop demonizing people from choosing their leader in a democracy. APC is faceless, even Boko Haram has chosen a visible leader. How can you be for APC when you don't even know who or what APC has to offer?
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Ikengawo: 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
egift: Why you should "vote" Jonathan:
- To continue Massive looting Because Tinubu will end it.
- The auctioning government assets to his interest Because Tinubu will end it.
- Continued smuggling of arms, money and other illegals Because Tinubu will end it.
- For more killings, militancy, kidnapping, armed robberies, scams, etc. Because Tinubu will end it.
- So that none of the looters will ever get convicted. Because Tinubu will end it.
- More years of darkness, budget inflation, inflated contract sums, etc. Because Tinubu will end it.
- Support for more ogogoro in the house. childish
- Trial by error policies, anti-people policies, new fees. Because Tinubu will end it.
- vote for Jonathan to endorse your approval for all the evil Jonathan has presided over. childish

Nigerians be patriotic and courageous - kick out the Zoologist and rescue our beloved country from destruction.

You're against GEJ because of market woman insults? Name tangible policies you disagree with
What is your vision for Nigeria and how is GEJ's actions (not accusations against him by people who make money accusing their rivals) have frustrated your vision.

Be rational. This is supposed to be a democracy, lets debate. Have you ever watched a US presidential debate? How many of them accuse their opponent of drinking Hennesy they're you're here insulting GEJ for drinking Ogorogo. What does your father drink that you feel an adult nigerian man shouldn't drink alcohol? You're not even making sense and you're accusing someone else of being drunk.

i'm posting actions and policies that you can see and measure and your best defense is insulting Zoology and calling someone Evil. Virgin Mary.
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by sebali: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ikengawo: 1. Nigeria's economy is now standing strong at $510 due to GDP Rebasing. This has given investors knowledge of how much money they can make by investing in and engaging with the Nigerian economy, the official largest in Africa.

As i read down ur post i was trilled by d improvement naija has made under GEJ bt den came pt. 16 den i realized its all a lie................
Pt. 16 must amount to d LIE of d CENTURY.

GEJ govt. success only on paper and statistics.......

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Ikengawo: 4:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
sebali:

As i read down ur post i was trilled by d improvement naija has made under GEJ bt den came pt. 16 den i realized its all a lie................
Pt. 16 must amount to d LIE of d CENTURY.

GEJ govt. success only on paper and statistics.......

the fact that I can fly from London to Enugu is not on paper. The fact that I can ride from Lagos to Kano by rail is not a lie. If you believe more than 33% of Nigerians are living in poverty you're not being realistic at all. 33% is roughly 1/3. Of every 3 Nigerians you meet 1 is in poverty. If you believe it's 62% meaning that of every 2 Nigerians 1 is in poverty (not poor but poverty, google the difference) they're you're yarning a LONG thing.
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by amakufrancis(m): 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
cause he's from d south south, dats all.....
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by AONO: 4:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
Still booting
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by condralbede(m): 4:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
Cos is from my region...secondly for The past few months now I do sleep with electricity 24/7.Of which I HV not experienced such from his predecessors!
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2014
emmasege: What do u do when the best is not available?, the available bcoms the best. With d likes of Atiku, Buhari, Tinubu & Kwakwanso around, I'd rather pitch my tent wt GEJ. Not as if both parties don't have better candidates, but d politics of imposition leaves us the electorates with no other choice than to stick to GEJ.

Even if Jesus was presented by APC, evil hearted folks will still choose GEJ thinking they are spiting Yorubas and Hausas.
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
It seems the TAN boys have been seriously reprimanded lately for allowing all the dirt of clueless GEJ to go unchallenged in the social media hence all these useless pseudo-opinion polls we now see on NL almost every week asking people if they would still vote for Jonathan( The personification of failure and an embodiment of corruption/looting via 3rd parties)

The fact is that under GEJ failure-defined Presidency..........

Nigeria has become a butt of joke in the comity of Nations,

The most bizarre of occurences now seem normal,security of lives and properties have never been this low,

Looters and corrupt people are now given pride of place and visibility
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by egift(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ikengawo: Name tangible policies you disagree with.

There is little policies worth considering - I like the Airport remodeling, Agriculture efforts, rearranging economic statistics (though with no equivalent impact), some roads.

Every other thing is drowning in poverty, corruption and dieing.

Jonathan is presiding over the most corrupt administration in the history of Nigeria - FACT

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by egift(m): 5:36pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ikengawo: your best defense is insulting Zoology

What is insulting in calling Jonathan by his professional title? The following is as valid as Day and Night:

- Dr. Chris Ngige (He is a Doctor)
- Arch. Nnamadi Sambo (He is a trained Architect)
- Zoologist Goodluck Jonathan (has PhD in Zoology)
- Barr. Sullivan Chime (He is a Lawyer)

If you don't know you ask and stop the rants.
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by OrlandoOwoh(m): 5:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
Mekateka: lolzzzzzzz, na so e dey pain u? Sorry o. For GEJ to give you this freedom to ask this useless question, he deserves my vote.
So Jonathan gave you the freedom to ask questions? The Constitution gave me mine.
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Ikengawo: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
egift:

There is little policies worth considering - I like the Airport remodeling, Agriculture efforts, rearranging economic statistics (though with no equivalent impact), some roads.

Every other thing is drowning in poverty, corruption and dieing.

Jonathan is presiding over the most corrupt administration in the history of Nigeria - FACT

lol.
So you give a list of things you liked that is longer and more measurable than things you don't like. Decide that GEJ is the cause of poverty and corruption in nigeria's history and I'm supposed to engage you in rational discussion? you're clearly just hateful and angry. You shouldn't hate someone because of Nigerian politics.
Re: What Are Your Sincere Reasons To Vote GEJ Back To Power Come 2015 by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
Efforts to tackle electricity supply
Job creation and support of auto manufacting in Nigeria
Attempt to improve transport through railway projects
Fairness and carrying all parts of the country along

And more than anything I will use my support for GEJ 2015 to protest the use of terrorism as an election weapon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corruption Now Worse Than Before, Says Babangida / Election Violence Fears: Politicians, Ceos Move Families Abroad / It Is Impossible To Hack Into INEC Database, Punctures SSS Claims.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.