Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,819 members, 7,802,624 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

.. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / .. (7164 Views)

Umaru Dikko Is Dead - Prominent Northern Politician / Trip To A Poor Town Of Prominent Men -pictures / Prominent Nigerians Visit Mrs. Yakowa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by egift(m): 3:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
EmoBoy: Yes. Fashola and Aregbesola are mediocre political leaders.

Since your idea of good leaders include T.A. Orji, Jang, Bode George, Jonathan, Shetima, etc - I doubt I will be able to rescue you at all grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
Jagaban of Borgu emirate......hate him or love him..you just have to agree to his political sagacity.!!

Welcome back home Sir.

1 Like

Re: .. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 19, 2014
egift:

Since your idea of good leaders include T.A. Orji, Jang, Bode George, Jonathan, Shetima, etc - I doubt I will be able to rescue you at all grin grin grin

lmao......

Shekau was a PDP member in Borno state before things went awry between them and SAS..... grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: .. by egift(m): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
RockMaxi: A good leader will not only make great men, he should be able to make great women too. tongue

I believe APC will promote Nigerian women and entrust them with very significant responsibilities. As long as they don't look at the President in this manner below grin grin grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: .. by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
egift:

Soludo and Ribadu to PDP's legacy of suppressing positivity.
Thank you. Soludo today is nowhere to be found. Ribadu was disgraced out of Office despite his performance(Though some will say was selectively). Thanks to Ribadu, A sitting IGP Tafa Balogun was disgraced, a Senate President Adolphus Wabara was disgraced, Minister Fabian Osuji was disgraced from Office, Thanks to Ribadu Alams was impeached and convicted, Ibori is in jail now, thanks to Ribadu. The VP Atiku was accused of corruption. Ministers and Judges were fired among others. Imagine his successors following his steps...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: .. by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
egift:

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: .. by RockMaxi: 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2014
egift:

[s]I believe APC will promote Nigerian women and entrust them with very significant responsibilities. As long as they don't look at the President in this manner below grin grin grin

[/s]
Re: .. by egift(m): 3:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista: Thank you. Soludo today is nowhere to be found. Ribadu was disgraced out of Office despite his performance(Though some will say was selectively). Thanks to Ribadu, A sitting IGP Tafa Balogun was disgraced, a Senate President Adolphus Wabara was disgraced, Minister Fabian Osuji was disgraced from Office, Thanks to Ribadu Alams was impeached and convicted, Ibori is in jail now, thanks to Ribadu. The VP Atiku was accused of corruption. Ministers and Judges were fired among others. Imagine his successors following his steps...

Nigeria would have been generations ahead if not for PDP speedy quest to destroy a promising leadership. Jonathan has done even more harm than any other PDP leader. The worst is that he is even busy pardoning those already convicted. While no new convictions are won.

Every problem facing Nigeria, has its roots in PDP.

1 Like

Re: .. by EmoBoy(m): 3:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
desgiezd:

If they are, I surely wish to be one!

Thats your business my brother. But you should aspire to be something better than some thieving nigerian politician.
Re: .. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and former president Bill Clinton

1 Like

Re: .. by EmoBoy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
egift:

Bro, there is no single great leader in Nigeria. Leaders who create an impact socially, politically and economically. There is none in this useless country of ours.

1 Like

Re: .. by RockMaxi: 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
RockMaxi:
A good leader will not only make great men, he should be able to make great women too . tongue

Still waiting for the bolded.

@barcanista, @egift..
Re: .. by ElFenomeno1: 3:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
EmoBoy: None of them are great. Nigerians adore mediocrity
Oxymoroooooooon!
Re: .. by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
JAGABAN !

2 Likes

Re: .. by desgiezd(m): 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
EmoBoy:
Thats your business my brother. But you should aspire to be something better than some thieving nigerian politician.

Yeah, my business but mediocrity and stealing are far apart and what we (you & I) are discussing is about mediocrity.

By the way, can you prove this stealing angle?
Re: .. by ElFenomeno1: 3:59pm On Sep 19, 2014
cyril10: Like father like sons, all of them are thieves, so keep trying to polish them. There is no way you will wash a dog's nose that will make it turn white.

What is this one talking about?!
Are you insane?!!!!
Re: .. by EmoBoy(m): 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
desgiezd:

Yeah, my business but mediocrity and stealing are far apart and what we (you & I) are discussing is about mediocrity.

By the way, can you prove this stealing angle?

So Fashola and Ogbeni Rauf have never misappropriated a dime of public funds before?
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
egift:

Nigeria would have been generations ahead if not for PDP speedy quest to destroy a promising leadership. Jonathan has done even more harm than any other PDP leader. The worst is that he is even busy pardoning those already convicted. While no new convictions are won.

Every problem facing Nigeria, has its roots in PDP.
That is the problem with the ruling government. Yaradua(of blessed memory) started the madness by reversing the Obj's Power program(which would have been better) and firing Ribadu, he acceded the request of then Attorney General, Michael Aadonka to see the EFCC's Power is whittled down, the commission had to get APPROVAL from the Attorney General's Office before any prosecution will be made. He hired mediocre Waziri as Chairman of EFCC to crown it. Jonathan is shamefully outplaying him in the area of incompetency, by institutionalizing corruption, pardoning convicted fellows and also bringing mediocres and corrupt people to the corridors of Power.

3 Likes

Re: .. by ichidodo: 4:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
A thiiefnubu a** licking thread....
Re: .. by EmoBoy(m): 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
The crisis facing our country and the world at large is the crisis of leadership. In 1945 giants walked the earth: Franklin Roosevelt in the United States, Winston Churchill in Britain, Charles de Gaulle in France and Konrad Adenauer in West Germany. Stalin – in spite of his brutality – was one of the giants of the twentieth century. In the natural sciences, men such as Albert Einstein and Niels Bohr were carrying on their eternal debate on quantum physics and whether or not God plays dice with the universe.

In the Indian sub-Continent we had Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru. In the intellectual sphere the Nobel physicist Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar, the poet Rabindranath Tagore and the philosopher Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan were the harbingers of the Indian Renaissance.

In Africa brilliant young men such as Kwame Nkrumah, Jomo Kenyatta, Jamal Abdel Nassir, Nnamdi Azikiwe, Obafemi Awolowo and Julius Nyerere were preparing themselves mentally and spiritually for the burden of leadership.

Reel forward to Anno Domini 2014. The world has been taken over by little men. In Europe they have become either colourless bureaucrats or comedians and crypto-fascists. What makes big news in France these days are the navy blue frocks won by Marine Le Pen and the new mistress that the unmarried President François Hollande has acquired. In Belgium the prime minister is an openly gay Franco-Italian Luxembourgeois. In Italy, while the dirty old man Silvio Berlusconi is serving time in community work for tax evasion and sundry felonies, the high magistracy of the Italian state has been taken over by a young man who seems overwhelmed by the sheer gravity of the rot he has inherited.

Chancellor Angela Markel of Germany is obviously a safe pair of hands. But I doubt if anyone would remember anything she said in a hundred years’ time. Most people do not know the names of the current prime ministers of Spain and Portugal. And nobody gives a hoot.

In the United States all the poetry and chutzpah have gone out of a graying Barack Obama. He took the world by storm, but it seems will leave the political firmament like a bleak comet.

The late baroness Thatcher once remarked that one of her greatest achievements in life was to have survived Oxford. David Cameron of Britain impresses me as someone has survived neither Eton nor Oxford. He appears torn between a rabidly Euro-skeptic Conservative Party and the imperatives of economic prudence that necessitate Britain taking its rightful place at the heart of Europe. The bickering goes on even as Britain drifts absentmindedly into dissolution. The prospect of Scotland leaving the union in a referendum billed to take place on Thursday 18th September is a real one. All the more astonishing that British politicians are carrying on as if it is business-as-usual.

Vladimir Putin is the new strongman of Russia. One of the lines in contemporary Russian political mythology is that Putin is the grandson of the sinister Siberian monk Grigory Rasputin, whose diabolical shenanigans brought the hapless Romanovs to ruin, plunging Russia into the long night of Bolshevism. His claim to fame would be that he once worked for the KGB and has the chutzpah to gobble up the Crimea. A man of legendary taciturnity, nobody knows the mind of the Russian potentate. I doubt if he himself knows what he wants beyond maximizing his grip over the Russian people. Beyond the sabre-rattling and showmanship, Putin’s Russia is a world apart from the lofty vision of Holy Russia that the philosopher and mystic Sergei Solovyov once prophesied.

Cast a glance at Africa. We could say in all honesty that the current generation of leaders marks a sea change from what obtained during the era of the strongmen from Mobutu to Ngwazi Kamuzu Banda and the succession of brutal military tyrants. The first President of post-Apartheid South Africa, Nelson Mandela, set a new standard for African leadership. Meles Zenawi and Yoweri Museveni started off on the right track. In smaller countries such as Mauritius, the Seychelles and Cape Verde, a tradition of responsible democratic leadership has been fully entrenched in their political systems.

Rwanda’s Paul Kagame is held in high international esteem not because he is a real democrat but because of his focused commitment to excellence and effective leadership. The Rwandan state is second to none in capacity for delivery and effectiveness. If Kagame had a chance to rule Nigeria, we would be competing with Germany in a matter of a decade.

In the days of Obafemi Awolowo, Nnamdi Azikiwe and Aminu Kano, we in Nigeria would have been inundated by now with books and political tracts on the policy choices facing our nation. The statesmen of that generation had their weaknesses, but they were intellectual giants. Obafemi Awolowo was a profound thinker who wrote prodigiously — a master of the art and science of statecraft. General Yakubu Gowon once remarked that he is yet to meet the equal of Obafemi Awolowo.

By contrast, our leaders of today Lilliputians. Nobody knows the political philosophy of the ruling PDP or that of the opposition APC. Beyond their hunger for power and the spoils of political office, nobody knows what they stand for in policy and substance.

Where are the great men? Where are the ideas that will move our epoch and move our people to great undertakings? Where are the great projects for national rebirth and rejuvenation?

I look in vain for those Penkelemes men who have the fire of the Egyptians and the audacity of Aeschylus — men of valour who love Africa and Humanity. All we hear is Ikimi this and Ribadu that. And the mumbo-jumbo of political jobbers who call themselves “Transformational Ambassadors”. Is this the land of Ayodele Awojobi, of Chuba Okadigbo with his Hegelian dialectics – of the famed men for whom ideas mattered? Why are we fed such soporific nonsense by ignorant men who arrogate to themselves the right to rule without a modicum of intellect or Reason?

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: .. by egift(m): 4:11pm On Sep 19, 2014
RockMaxi:

@barcanista, @egift..

Here it is grin
egift:
I believe APC will promote Nigerian women and entrust them with very significant responsibilities. As long as they don't look at the President in this manner below grin grin grin
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
RockMaxi:

@barcanista, @egift..
I don't like to play to gender card
Re: .. by EmoBoy(m): 4:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lol @ calling Rauf Aregbesola a great leader. grin grin

No wonder this country doesn't progress - Nigerians are too ignorant. grin grin

What do I expect anyway from Buhari supporters anyway?
Re: .. by RockMaxi: 4:18pm On Sep 19, 2014
egift:

Here it is grin

You know that is not what I'm asking for. undecided

What happened to this woman
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
RockMaxi:

You know that is not what I'm asking for. undecided

What happened to this woman
Who is she?
Re: .. by RockMaxi: 4:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista: I don't like to play to gender card

grin grin grin grin You don't like what! Come out clean.
Re: .. by cyril10(m): 4:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
ElFenomeno1:

What is this one talking about?!
Are you insane?!!!!

Is that not what you are? sycophant.
Re: .. by RockMaxi: 4:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista: Who is she?

Don't feign ignorance. That was the woman that sheltered and fed Tinubu and you are saying no to gender equality...
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 19, 2014
barcanista: Are you serious? If he should promote his CHILDREN you will still be the one to complain that it is a family affair. Have you heard or seen his Children misbehave? His Daughter was Crowed the Iya'loja of Lagos State... That alone is a feat. Anyway, I don't understand what you mean by a55licking nor distorting "fact". I will be glad to see you counter my writeup intelligently.

He mentored his daughter and she was promoted as iyaloja of Lagos. He mentored Lagos state's money and land such that they are in an eternal fixed deposit opened in his name. All hail mentor Bola Tinubu aka Moshood Ogundire BSc MSc PhD Chicago State University

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out Ghanians Reactions To Nigeria Delaying Plans To Cut Ghana's Gas Supply / BREAKING: Igboho Spotted In Neighbouring African Country This Morning (pics) / "Roasted Corn Of Electricity", Tinubu Drops Another One.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.