Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,461 members, 7,801,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

Uba’s U-direct Platform: Another Mechanics Through Which UBA Staffers Defraud Cu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uba’s U-direct Platform: Another Mechanics Through Which UBA Staffers Defraud Cu (1003 Views)

Uba’s U-direct Platform: The New Style Of Fraud Engaged In By UBA Staffers To Du / Boko Haram Plans To Use Mechanics, Car Wash Centers To Plant Bombs In Cars / Ex-governor Strip Wife 'n****k' In Front Of Domestic Staffers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uba’s U-direct Platform: Another Mechanics Through Which UBA Staffers Defraud Cu by DailyVoice: 4:34pm On Sep 19, 2014
Daily Voice NG

That the United Bank for Africa (UBA) is notorious for milking its customer by scrupulously deducting little sum of money from their account for unnamed charges is not in doubt, neither is it arguable that survey carried out by our business reporters that if a poll is made on which Nigerian bank is notorious for fraudulent activities, especially by its members of staff, United Bank for Africa, UBA, will surely not struggle the number one spot with any other commercial bank(s) in the land. UBA is known for such activities, which have given some of its customer’s sleepless nights as they are no longer certain of what would happen to their hard-earned money, which they kept in the care of the ‘fraudulent’ bank. Some of the bank’s officials, especially those at the IT department of UBA, carry out various these fraudulent activities on customers’ accounts.

This is done by gaining access into customers’ accounts and do magical withdrawals. These acts are giving the bank’s boss, Phillip Odozua, sleepless nights as he has since realized that some of his staffers are bent on denting the billion Naira bank image. This time, one of the bank’s e-commerce platform, U-Direct has become a tool which fraudulent staffers of the bank uses to defraud customers hard earned money. Information at our disposals has it that some staffers of UBA swindled one of its customers of over N1 million naira through the U-Direct electronic money transfer introduced by the bank. The worrisome part of this is that after UBA carried out an investigation on the matter and confirmed that the said customer was swindled by its staff, the bank is yet to refund the money to the customer. This has now forced the customer to write a petition to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, against UBA.

- See more at: http://www.dailyvoiceng.com/ubas-u-direct-platform-another-mechanics-through-which-uba-staffers-defraud-customers/#sthash.bnuoPHaM.dpuf

Re: Uba’s U-direct Platform: Another Mechanics Through Which UBA Staffers Defraud Cu by odiyaka(m): 6:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
hmm UBA!
Re: Uba’s U-direct Platform: Another Mechanics Through Which UBA Staffers Defraud Cu by talktimi(m): 6:32pm On Sep 19, 2014
I will rather save my money with akawo people than UBA, I had a very horrible experience some yrs ago and I won't risk my money with them again lailai
Re: Uba’s U-direct Platform: Another Mechanics Through Which UBA Staffers Defraud Cu by manny4life(m): 6:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
Nigerians are to blame for their woes; why will anyone continue to bank with a fraudulent bank? IF 10,000 customers moved their money away from that bank, that will shake their liquidity. I am of the opinion that they did not investigate thoroughly, because if they did, they will realize that top bank officials or even execs are involved in the scam. Bottom line is the bank is not ready to change because the customers haven't reacted to their negative change. Once customers react, they know what to do..

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mimiko And The Collapse Of Labour Party By Dele Momodu / Fayose Prostrates Flat On The Floor At Deeper Life Church; / 2015: Sheikh Gumi Writes Open Letter, Warns Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.