Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? (855 Views)

Why Do Women Abuse Men When They Get Dumped? / Why Do Girls Cheat On Guys They Claim To Love? / Women Abuse- Whats Your View? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? by zboyd: 4:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
FOR MEN:

What do you think of men who abuse women?

Do you have friends, relatives, co-workers, etc. that you know are actively abusing their GFs, Fiancees or Wives? How do you view them?

Have you ever ended a friendship because you discovered your friend was abusing his GF, Fiancee or Wife?

In your opinion, why do YOU think men abuse and continue to abuse women?

What conditions would make it more likely for men to abuse women?

What do you think would be the most common characteristics of men that would make them more likely to abuse women?

How do you think a typical abuser views women, in general?

Do you think a woman can 'make' a man abuse her?

Do you think a man should get jail time for abusing a woman? How much?

Have you ever been pushed to the point of actually laying your hands on a woman in anger?

How did you feel after the fact? Did it ever happen again? Are you afraid it might happen again? Do you think you need help?

If you've ever been pushed to the point of almost laying your hands on a woman in anger, what stopped you?

Did you grow up in a home where domestic violence was present? How did it make you feel?

Why do you think women stay with abusive men?

Do you feel that men who abuse their GF, Fiancee or Wife truly loves them like they claim?

Have you, yourself, ever been abused?

NOTE: Feel free to answer any of the above question/s you feel comfortable answering. Someone may gain insight into their own abusive situation or recognize the abuser within themselves OR their potential to become an abuser.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
FOR WOMEN:

What do you think of women who abuse men?

Do you have friends, relatives, co-workers, etc. that you know are actively abusing their BFs, Fiances or Husbands? How do you view them?

Have you ever ended a friendship because you discovered your friend was abusing her BF, Fiance or Husband?

In your opinion, why do YOU think women abuse and continue to abuse men?

What conditions would make it more likely for women to abuse men?

What do you think would be the most common characteristics of women that would make them more likely to abuse men?

How do you think a typical abuser views men, in general?

Do you think a man can 'make' a woman abuse him?

Do you think a woman should get jail time for abusing a man? How much?

Have you ever been pushed to the point of actually laying your hands on a man in anger?

How did you feel after the fact? Did it ever happen again? Are you afraid it might happen again? Do you think you need help?

If you've ever been pushed to the point of almost laying your hands on a man in anger, what stopped you?

Did you grow up in a home where domestic violence was present? How did it make you feel?

Why do you think men stay with abusive women?

Do you feel that women who abuse their BF, Fiance or Husband truly loves them like they claim?

Have you, yourself, ever been abused?

NOTE: Feel free to answer any of the above question/s you feel comfortable answering. Someone may gain insight into their own abusive situation or recognize the abuser within themselves OR their potential to become an abuser.
Re: Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2014
*clears throat*
Re: Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? by Gooci(m): 5:01pm On Sep 19, 2014
as a man, if i can answer all these questions, then first class is certain for me.
Re: Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? by pickabeau1: 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
another zboyd thread

Keep it up!
Re: Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? by Afrok(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
I swear none of my departmental courses has a topic as long as this post. Well i don't abuse people, i only tease and flatter them (washy).
Re: Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? by zboyd: 6:29am On Sep 20, 2014
Rewind...

NOTE: Feel free to answer ANY of the above question/s you feel comfortable answering. Someone may gain insight into their own abusive situation or recognize the abuser within themselves OR their potential to become an abuser.
Re: Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? by lawrenceunaa: 9:19am On Sep 20, 2014
pls the questions are to much tongue

Well, i don't abuse ladies ,hookers inclusive shocked
Re: Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? by lawrenceunaa: 9:39am On Sep 20, 2014
it is only a coward that takes after his wife, girl friend etc cheesy

as a school leaver (2012) and an electronic engineering aspirant i went on to learn how to repair phones(that's y i love the phones section wink ) but my then oga is a wuss (sorry to say that) any something that provokes him , he takes it after his girlfrn undecided

A day came when a soldier priced a bb battery after telling him 1k5 the later settle @ 1k3 then the soldier went to bring the money. He came with his fellow soldier but when he gave my oga the money,he regetted it saying that they both bargained @ 1k5 last this provoked the soldier.

The soldier thumb printed his jamb biometrics on his face shocked , oboy see slap commot my mouth , my oga face turned red cos he was fair and the GF who witnessed the show consoled he that he should have changed the price of what they bargained na so oga carry slap give anty Gf, tears rush down shocked

But the funny part was while i was consoling her and clean her tear na so my JT the rise wink
I just leave her go contunu wetn i paid for grin
Re: Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? by valdes00(m): 9:42am On Sep 20, 2014
Abeg, na which kind abuse oo.. Shey na IYA E, BABA E abuse
Re: Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? by zboyd: 11:47am On Sep 20, 2014
lawrenceunaa: pls the questions are to much tongue

Well, i don't abuse ladies ,hookers inclusive shocked

lol

This is not a test. You need only answer ONE or as many of the questions as you wish - not ALL.

That's why I reposted the 'NOTE'.
Re: Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? by zboyd: 12:09pm On Sep 20, 2014
pickabeau1: another zboyd thread

Keep it up!

Maybe you, your minions and your attendant families haven't been touched by the scourge of domestic violence but others have.

So why make light of this issue by mocking me?

If your purpose is to derail the thread or shut me up, you should know better by now.

If you had nothing useful to contribute, why waste time even commenting?

As for your sarcastic "Keep it up!", it is well noted.

And do not insult my intelligence by pretending it was anything else.

You've already shown me who you were.

So why would I believe otherwise?

Now...go ahead.

You can have the last word.
Re: Why Do Men OR Women Abuse The Ones They Claim To Love? by pickabeau1: 1:39pm On Sep 20, 2014
As it was noted in your last incarnation of a thread on the selfsame theme...its on repeat and recycle.

Abuse is to be condemned and more than impotent rage filled posts online, proper support structures for victims of domestic abuse.

The major reason why they stay in such is because they don't know how to live without d abuser

That's a tangible thing to attempt

(1) (Reply)

How To Overcome Shyness / A List Of Things Nigerian Ladies Do That Piss Men Off / How You Should Treat Your Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.