Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? (49084 Views)

10 Reasons Women Stick With Men That Beat Them... No 9 Will shock You! / Some Very Silly Things Girls Should Stop Doing / Things Girls Should Know About Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Articul8(m): 5:27am On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike: I am a Nigerian lady with a lot of experience about life especially when it comes to relationship and marriage. Experience is NOT just passing through a situation but what you did with the situation.

Obviously, our young ladies always list ridiculous criteria that a man they will date/marry MUST possess. Among those ridiculous criteria, height is always a priority. Gone are the days when character is placed above physical appearance.

When I was an undergraduate, a certain young man approached me and told me how he loved me and wanted to date me. He is an enterprising young man, very intelligent and handsome. However, he is not very tall; just 5ft. 7 inches in height. Of course, young ladies don't take decisions independently. This is why they are easily influenced by friends and relatives. My friends then said: "Never! My man MUST be 6ft and above, so tell him capital NO". I rejected the young man.

Today, he is happily married with a lady who is by far more beautiful and talented than me. I almost shed tears on their wedding day. Meanwhile, all the so-called very tall men that I dated are ONLY interested in my vagina.
So far I have learnt the following:

1. Most tall men believe that their height is a 'master' key to every ladies heart and therefore, their ONLY achievement is ' I am a tall dude and ladies are dieing for me'.

2. Most tall guys are NOT caring because they have this notion that a lady should count herself lucky to date them.

3. I am yet to understand that unique or remarkable thing about tall men.

Fortunately, I repented because it occured to me that all those times, I was ONLY playing my friend's script. I wanted to feel among and brag that my boyfriend is equally tall. I gave a guy who is not very tall a chance and I started enjoying my paradise on earth. We are married now. All my life, I have not come across such a wonderful person. He has it all:

1. He is God-fearing and generous.

2. He is handsome and a great orator

3. He is educated and intelligent

4. He cooks for me when I am tired (caring)

5. He satisfies me sexually ( oh! What a heavenly feeling)

6. He got a good dress sense

7. He is social

8. Among others

I am not in any way trying to say that tall guys are bad. As a lady, I am only advising other Nigerian ladies to see a man beyond height. The height issue is over-hyped and even unnecessary. You may NOT get a second chance like me.

Finally, based on my experience, I have come up with a quote:

"A man is NOT known by his height but by his heart (bravery) and meritorous achievements".
hey dearie! U jt highlighted my qualities. Av we ever met? Smiles....
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by jennylove7575(f): 6:37am On Sep 20, 2014
born2fuck: Dr Dauda have said it all, he is the only doctor in sexuality, he works with two injections, his dick and his needle, let him handle you, you will know that health is wealth
no maturity.. Childish.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by jennylove7575(f): 6:41am On Sep 20, 2014
Ishilove:
Chai, Aunty Nurse, you live ya nursing duties come dey look who get small and chubby diick?? Diaris God oooo tongue
nope, its a food for thought.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 20, 2014
galz i nid ur bbm pin my own is 7a280278, only if u ar pwety
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by passionate88: 6:53am On Sep 20, 2014
Do you know how many short guys like me that has vowed never to date/marry any Nigerian girl because of the insults thrown at us because of our height?.. Some girls are just mean and heartless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by jmoore(m): 7:13am On Sep 20, 2014
passionate88: Do you know how many short guys like me that has vowed never to date/marry any Nigerian girl because of the insults thrown at us because of our height?.. Some girls are just mean and heartless.
Don't worry, God dey.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by 1one: 7:51am On Sep 20, 2014
Ishilove:
Lmao!! Pls let's not turn this thread to a dicck measuring contest cheesy

The comments on this thread though cheesy cheesy

Seun, Mynd44, Mukinatu, obinoscopy, abeg do the needful make person laf abeg grin

Ahhh... What's my own.. gringrin. It's the ladies that started it...
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by passionate88: 7:55am On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:
And what makes you think that all ladies want a tall man?

You may be referring to little girls and not ladies who understand what life is all about.
Actually, you wanted a tall guy, it was when the tall guys played you that's when your thinking changed. If you'd met a tall guy that treated you well, would you have wrote what you posted here?.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 20, 2014
Polchiz:

I even doubt if you are a woman. However, why are you taking this matter too personal to the extent of calling someone's husband 'nwakpuda'?
Well she started it when she said her thread was specifically for my type. Doubt whatever you wanna doubt na for your pocket. undecided

Nwakpuda is a term used to describe short people, I don't see any insult there. Is your time that likes to find faults where there are none. This is a public forum, my opinion must not always be aligned with yours so take it or leave it.

Marrying a short or tall guy is a choice, nobody should create threads dissing tall people because they ended up with short ones.

7 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by 1one: 8:20am On Sep 20, 2014
Ishilove:
You try, but for women like us that just managed to escape shortness, my man MUST be taller than I. Haba. I am 5'5ft tall, and my man must be taller than I. If I say I will not look at height when considering a partner then I am deceiving myself. My mum is 5'8 while my dad is 5'7, so they were able to balance it up. On the flipside, if I, who is 5'5 ends up hooking up with a guy who's shorter than I.... Haaaabaaaaa, ahn ahn. shocked embarassed

But you may just have a recessive gene for tallness, or your husband may have the recessive gene for tallness and it would manifest in your children when you guys get married... In fact, the recessiveness may be so strong that 3 out of your four kids would be "coconut-Tree" tall.

So if you're concerned about how your children will turn out, it's not really always short + short =short,. As strange as it might be sometimes, Tall +Tall=short, this is due to the recessiveness of the short gene.

I think summarily what matters is getting married to someone you totally adore who adores you even much more in return, someone with amazing characters you only thought existed in dreams.

I personally plan not to get married to any lady whose bust size is less than a 34C, but really is that what should matter?... Bust size instead of character size?.. So I think it's fair to desire one physical attribute or the other in our would be partners.. But on the long run, it's those inate qualities that count.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Onyiridike(f): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2014
Ishilove:
No, you're wrong. I am 1.71, which translates to 5.5 plus, so 1.75 is just around 5.6 or there about.

1.75m = 5ft 8inches. Just 4 inches away from 6ft. The guy is right.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Onyiridike(f): 8:55am On Sep 20, 2014
1one:

But you may just have a recessive gene for tallness, or your husband may have the recessive gene for tallness and it would manifest in your children when you guys get married... In fact, the recessiveness may be so strong that 3 out of your four kids would be "coconut-Tree" tall.

So if you're concerned about how your children will turn out, it's not really always short + short =short,. As strange as it might be sometimes, Tall +Tall=short, this is due to the recessiveness of the short gene.

I think summarily what matters is getting married to someone you totally adore who adores you even much more in return, someone with amazing characters you only thought existed in dreams.

I personally plan not to get married to any lady whose bust size is less than a 34C, but really is that what should matter?... Bust size instead of character size?.. So I think it's fair to desire one physical attribute or the other in our would be partners.. But on the long run, it's those inate qualities that count.

God bless you!
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Onyiridike(f): 9:07am On Sep 20, 2014
passionate88: Actually, you wanted a tall guy, it was when the tall guys played you that's when your thinking changed. If you'd met a tall guy that treated you well, would you have wrote what you posted here?.

The reason why they hardly pass English in WAEC.

I stated that my friends persuaded me to go for them. I never mentioned that I loved them.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by passionate88: 9:10am On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:

The reason why they hardly pass English in WAEC.

I stated that my friends persuaded me to go for them. I never mentioned that I loved them.
You want them, all you needed was just a little push from your friends... You can't think for yourself... That's a shame

8 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Onyiridike(f): 9:17am On Sep 20, 2014
passionate88: You want them, all you needed was just a little push from your friends... You can't think for yourself... That's a shame

Stop embarrasing yourself the more. Go back and read the post OR get lost.

Could you imagine him insisting that I wanted them?

What a self-opinionated person.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by amiskurie(m): 9:33am On Sep 20, 2014
I hope these new generation girls realizes that there is much more to life.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Ishilove: 10:33am On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:

1.75m = 5ft 8inches. Just 4 inches away from 6ft. The guy is right.
Very wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 20, 2014
Ishilove:
LOL... Throwback... That trash heap was rather creepy, in retrospect. I remember I used to feel mildly uncomfortable when watching the scenes with Trash Heap. It was when one grew older that one finally understood the metaphor and symbolism of the Trash Heap smiley

BTW, Its Fraggle, not Fragle smiley

Creepy ? it wasn't the least creepy , I found it rather funny. And thanks for the correction.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by AfricanApple(f): 10:48am On Sep 20, 2014
Onyiridike:

I am truly sorry if you feel bad but sincerely I don't think I insulted you.

I prayer God Almighty that you marry your dream man eventually. However, my husband is 1.75m tall and that is not short anywhere in the world.

Even if he is short, I am happy and I am proud of him.

Thank you!
u didn't think u insulted me? implying dat l'm immature is not an insult?

anyways good for u and amen to d prayer

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by AfricanApple(f): 10:50am On Sep 20, 2014
3cycle:
Babe stay away from this lady, she is married to a short guy and you know short people are very aggressive, may be he has transferred the aggressive nature to her maka ome piawa ghi isi...

@op. Your husband is short so don't come advising us to marry short ppl because you did.
Not all tall guys are good likewise the short ones, if you are lucky enough to marry a tall guy you won't be lamenting here.

Youmustbetallorforgetit....
fact
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by rawpadgin(m): 10:51am On Sep 20, 2014
Articul8: u try! Add it to ur CV and get a job @ Chevron
grin grin grin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 20, 2014
That educated, god-fearing, intelligent man is judging you by the size of your yansh grin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Eyop: 11:12am On Sep 20, 2014
Ishilove:
No, you're wrong. I am 1.71, which translates to 5.5 plus, so 1.75 is just around 5.6 or there about.
Ishilove,1.71 isn't bad for a babe cos i thought you are 1.60 or 1.62 smiley
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Jimbadly: 11:12am On Sep 20, 2014
Just wanted to point out that as a lady you can have a tall, very handsome, very caring, romantic, generous, God fearing, humble, kind guy, like me. There are many such guys out there, why settle for less?
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 20, 2014
Ishilove:

Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Ishilove: 11:39am On Sep 20, 2014
Mondisweets:
Can't view it o
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Ishilove: 11:41am On Sep 20, 2014
Eyop:
Ishilove,1.71 isn't bad for a babe cos i thought you are 1.60 or 1.62 smiley
Thanks. I'm not complaining about my height, I'm just been careful who I pair up with smiley
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Ishilove: 11:43am On Sep 20, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Creepy ? it wasn't the least creepy , I found it rather funny. And thanks for the correction.
Well, I found it creepy. That thing was so...trashy grin
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 20, 2014
Ishilove:
Can't view it o
171cm is 5ft7 and 5ft5 is 165cm.
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Ishilove: 11:49am On Sep 20, 2014
Mondisweets: 171cm is 5ft7 and 5ft5 is 165cm.
Hian. So which one do I believe now?? I measured my height in two different places and the result was 1.71 and 5'5in respectively. undecided
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 20, 2014
Ishilove:
Hian. So which one do I believe now?? I measured my height in two different places and the result was 1.71 and 5'5in respectively. undecided
Im 168cm and im 5ft 6 hey
Re: Why Nigerian Girls Should NOT Be Obsessed With Men's Height? by zyzxx(m): 11:56am On Sep 20, 2014
story for the gods

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

She Is Always Speaking With Her Ex / Touching & Kissing A White Man Is My Greatest Achievement - 18-Year-Old Girl / Gestures That Girlfriends Love.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.