Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,437 members, 7,781,276 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:39 AM

Lessons From The Ongoing War. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lessons From The Ongoing War. (774 Views)

Why Members Of PDP Are Mostly Arrested In The Ongoing Fight Against Corruption / Judgment In Wike’s Appeal Ongoing At Appeal Court / Dasuki Implicates A Top Blogger In The Ongoing Corruption Case? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lessons From The Ongoing War. by F117A: 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
As the war hopefully draws to an end,it's important for us as a people to wake from our slumber and learn certain key lessons.
(1)We have no friends anywhere.:
Events during this trying times have indeed proved that we are on our own.
Countries like cameroon,southafrica,and the larger western bloc have preyed on Nigeria's current vulnerabilities to score cheap points,settle old scores,and prop themselves up,and further their sinister agenda at the expense of our national integrity.
We must never forget to repay them in their own coin when we are out of the woods.
(2)Corruption must die:
The major and most importance reason why we are in a mess is because of corruption.
Corruption is the greatest threat to our nationhood.
The illiteracy and poverty in the north is due to corruption.
The impotency of our military is due to corrupt generals embezzling and misappropriating our relatively small defence budget.
All lovers and true patriots of Nigeria must be ruthless against corrupt office holders at the polls irregardless of tribal affiliations.
(3)We need to recapitalize our military:
Some people may not agree with me,but a $6billion defence budget is not going to cut it for Nigeria.
We have too much assets,threats(external and internal) to protect and counter.
A nation like france can decide to carry out a naval blockade in the gulf of guinea,and our economy is toast.
We have no modern fighter jets,when smaller countries like uganda are buying up SU-30s.
Egypt and algeria will obliterate us in a war,and there is nobody that can conveniently say we wont cross paths with those countries in the forseable future.
Afterall,BH rose out of the blues to become a formidable enemy.
We are the continent's largest ecomomy,its needs to reflect in our military.
There is nothing stopping us from becoming the greatest military force in the continent and one of the greatest in the world.
We need to have atleast a $10b defence budget with 70% going into strategic 21st century armournization of all tiers of the military,especially the airforce and the navy.
That way we would be prepared to counter and snuff out any future local or foreign threat.
The airforce should have atleast a 100 SU-30S to act as a detterent.
The navy should have atleast 3 world class chinese or german submarines and stealth warships with medium range missiles.
That way no nation ,first or 3rd world, would attack us without thinking twice.
(4) Our intelligence agencies need to be revamped:
As it currently stands,our intelligence agencies are a joke.
The SSS should get out of politics and focus on its duties.
The fact that paul biya is still alive is an indictment on the proactiveness and effectiveness on the DMI in detecting potential threats and snuffing them out.
We need to learn to plan ahead for any conceivable threat and prepare against it.
That is how it is done in serious countries.
Re: Lessons From The Ongoing War. by olopan(m): 9:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
I love your thinking man, we no get friends at all, we need to start to make our self better equipped in so many ways so that some countries will think twice before crossing our radar........

Corruption must go, its our collective effort that can make it work.............

God bless Nigeria

God bless person wey dey dash me WIFI making me F.T.C
I love your all
Show ur love by ...... Below
Re: Lessons From The Ongoing War. by BlackTechnology: 10:05pm On Sep 19, 2014
Op

A nation that can not design advance and mass produce her weapons is a weak nation

I think our military can now understand that to have the best army is not just when they go for peacekeeping operations but when they are self sufficient and advance in all ramifications
Re: Lessons From The Ongoing War. by EmoBoy(m): 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
Which war? I hope you're not calling the fight against the Boko Haram a war.
Re: Lessons From The Ongoing War. by F117A: 10:43pm On Sep 19, 2014
EmoBoy: Which war? I hope you're not calling the fight against the Boko Haram a war.
A guerilla war is one of the most difficult wars a nation will ever encounter.

1 Like

Re: Lessons From The Ongoing War. by F117A: 10:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
BlackTechnology: Op

A nation that can not design advance and mass produce her weapons is a weak nation

I think our military can now understand that to have the best army is not just when they go for peacekeeping operations but when they are self sufficient and advance in all ramifications
Yes we need to start manufacturing our own weapons along the line,which is why i expect Nigeria to enter tech transfer deals with china,russia and pakistan after every major weapons procurement.
Right now,we need ready -made weapons to counter current threats and create deterrence.
Re: Lessons From The Ongoing War. by BlackTechnology: 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
F117A: Yes we need to start manufacturing our own weapons along the line,which is why i expect Nigeria to enter tech transfer deals with china,russia and pakistan after every major weapons procurement.
Right now,we need ready -made weapons to counter current threats and create deterrence.

We need to do this simultaneously with secret advance weapons development and mass production. So that if we are blockaded, we won't find ourselves stranded
Re: Lessons From The Ongoing War. by F117A: 11:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
BlackTechnology:

We need to do this simultaneously with secret advance weapons development and mass production. So that if we are blockaded, we won't find ourselves stranded
I agree.
Unfortunately,we dont have the leadership with the political will to follow through with sincereity of purpose.
You also need a very smart leader to negotiate and enforce tech transfer.
Re: Lessons From The Ongoing War. by BlackTechnology: 11:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
F117A: I agree.
Unfortunately,we dont have the leadership with the political will to follow through with sincereity of purpose.
You also need a very smart leader to negotiate and enforce tech transfer.

You have a point

(1) (Reply)

Journalist Shares Proof Of T.B. Joshua Offering Journalists N50k / Senate Approves Jonathan’s $1 Billion Loan To Fight Insurgency / Minister Abba Moro In Fresh Scandal; Defrauding Nigerians Of Billions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.