Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops (18308 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / Why We Pulled Out Of CAN — Catholic Bishops (Published 2012) / Directives From Catholic Bishops Conference Of Nigeria Over The Spread Of Ebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by KENFERDYOORI(m): 6:57am On Sep 20, 2014
brownlord: Damn all of them in that so called CNBC, with the kind of intolerance they practice they are worst than boko haram and other enemies of this country, A suppose religious group that won't allow someone else lead them, they pulled out of CAN because someone else Is the president and will return when a Catholic head it right? Why have they not pull out of catholic faith with the drug scandal rocking the Vatican city?

Bloody hypocrites
I WOULD ADVISE YOU TO BE RATIONAL AND STOP BEING SENTIMENTAL

5 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by obayaya(m): 6:58am On Sep 20, 2014
I know the CBCN discusses several issues in their plenary meetings ranging from education to security to religion.

Punch newspaper just chose to highlight the part of the communique that talks about security.

However, the statement "Government isn't doing enough" is not an affront on the government. But a reminder that there's still a huge room for improvement. A sentiment shared by a large cross section of the citizenry.

For those asking why the CBCN is speaking out now. CBCN issue communiques on national issues after their plenary meetings. And for the past 3 years, they've always spoken about security.

here are links to CBCN Communiques

March, 2014 www.cbcn-ng.org/articledetail.php?tab=14

February, 2013 www.cbcn-ng.org/articledetail.php?tab=13

September, 2012 www.cbcn-ng.org/articledetail.php?tab=12

2011 www.cbcn-ng.org/articledetail.php?tab=9

special golden jubilee communique October, 2010 www.cbcn-ng.org/articledetail.php?tab=5

Bishop Badejo of Oyo diocese's article on security and religious harmony, 2012 www.cbcn-ng.org/articledetail.php?tab=10

8 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 20, 2014
kevoh: Wow! Just Wow! I used to think media propangada was bullsheet but right before me within the space of two weeks, I have seen Nairalanders being played by the media and it worked.

Ayo with Jet and cash wahala, following day someone goes to uproot an old letter of 2012 written by the Catholic Bishops making it look as if it was right after the Ayo Oritsejafor's Jet and cash scandal in 2014.

Now a report on the Catholic Bishop conference that is REGULARLY held annualy to analyse the state of the economy is dumped on Nigerians/Nairaland by the media and immediately people start typing gibberish, saying it's because of Ayo Oritsejafor!

Well done Media! I give you guys A plus for selling this propangada to Nigerians and successfully inciting more hatred.

I share your position except when you blame the media. The guys are just doing their jobs. It's the people who are interpreting things their own way you should blame. It's quite appalling that the 2012 Catholic Bishops' letter was given prominence in Nairaland. The Catholic Bishops Conference has always enjoyed a lot of publicity; not only this year. It seems that Nairaland is evolving into a graffiti wall for political parties.

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by KENFERDYOORI(m): 7:00am On Sep 20, 2014
aryzgreat:

The killing stops when a Northerner wins right? More reason why I will intensify my campaign for GEJ to continue till that born to rule mentality is totally erased.
AND HOW ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU WILL LIVE TO SEE THE END OF IT.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by KENFERDYOORI(m): 7:03am On Sep 20, 2014
Bublanski: The Clueless One doesn't give a shyte!! He is rather busy breathing mouth odours in people's face all over the world grin
THAT IS DEROGATORY YOU KNOW
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by BetaThings: 7:03am On Sep 20, 2014
Rapture4real: This is a true talk.The sole aim of Book Haram insurgency is to islamise the nation. The OIC has mandated them with the support of too Muslim politicians to turn Nigeria to an Islamic state.This is how Turkey became one.I know the God of us Christians is still alive if our govt is not doing enough.The real God defends Himself and need not anyone to help him expand with AK-47.Our govt should wake before they are caught unawares. There enemies within promoting this Book Haram deceiving everybody.God will deliver Nigeria from blood sucking jihadists.
Again we see the post of someone who listens to pastors whose stock-in-trade is blackmail
How do you turn Nigeria to an Islamic state with Christians in power for 12 out of 15 years?
And Muslims vote for these Christians - Jonathan got 25% in Katsina but Buhari was stoned in Bayelsa and got less than 1%
Some pastors keep mentioning OIC and Muslim politicians
Prove that with facts
Tell me anything done by a Muslim politician that supports what you are doing

This is how Turkey.This is how Turkey
So how did Turkey become a Christian state to start with? Have you asked yourself
How did Christianity come to the entire South America?
and North America? and Asia?
Please you may want to engage in this campaign of calumny, but note that we have your own propaganda and we also have the true history

The head of CAN is importing arms with the help of the president and here we are talking about OIC
and any fair-minded person knows that the argument of Christians in relation to Boko Haram is inconsistent
Why kill muslims and weaken Muslim govs in order to Islamise Nigeria?
Why not make concerted efforts to take over Christian-dominated areas?
The arguments you guys make are always unsupported by facts

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Tunguy01(m): 7:04am On Sep 20, 2014
Curb wot ?? , wen dey ar d 1 doin d damaging

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by BetaThings: 7:07am On Sep 20, 2014
aryzgreat:

The killing stops when a Northerner wins right? More reason why I will intensify my campaign for GEJ to continue till that born to rule mentality is totally erased.
And did the killing start in 2011?
Was Yaradua not a Northerner?
Was his government not attacked by Yusuf Mohammed - the founder of BH?
The arguments that you guys make are so easy to refute that it is obvious you are after some different objective

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by rusher14: 7:16am On Sep 20, 2014
KENFERDYOORI:
THAT IS DEROGATORY YOU KNOW
You are right.

He may be clueless but i doubt he has Halitosis.

I reckon that is something money can cure.
grin

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by ResourceMan(m): 7:18am On Sep 20, 2014
kITATITA:

You seem to jump into conclusion without getting details. First, the Catholic Bishops didn't pull out of CAN at the center because someone else is the head. They pulled out because they felt that the headship of CAN was becoming too subsumed in the political affairs of the government in power, making it difficult for CAN to be able to tell the truth to government in power. Recent happenings tend to sustain the wisdom in the Church position against CAN. Secondly, the Vatican is NOT involved in any drugs scandal and the reports clearly stated so. After servicing a vehicle belonging to the Vatican, two mechanics drove it across the border and stuffed it with drugs believing that the diplomatic number plate will help them escape detection but they were wrong as they were caught. Please try and get details of things and avoid the bandwagon effect.

The Catholic Church is not a perfect organisations. It has long history of doing wrong. But most of the churches that sprang up to correct these wrongs have failed; offering nothing better.

What is the difference between what you wrote in support of the Catholic Church and what a third party did with pastor Oritshejafor's jet. I am always amazed that some people could be objective and defend what they want to defend, while using the same yardstick for criticizing and hating others.
I am a catholic , but the simple truth is that the Catholic shurch has failed in providing the needed leadership and protection for Nigerian Christians. During the Catholic/Other Orthodox Leadership of CAN, Nigerian christians were slaughtered by muslims for sport and fun and no strong condemnation from CAN.
Since Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor came on-board, he has vehemently opposed the jihardist and even threatened retaliation. Even the dreaded shekau has even made mention of CAN been a problem to them in many of his video.
Out of 63 Catholic Churches in Borno state, 60 have been destroyed and 0nly 3 left as at early this year. You made mention of the new leadership of CAN be more partisan, but you fail to mention the fact that Bishop Kukah of Sokoto diocese is the official clergyman of the FG, he officiates in all government functions and together with Archbishop Onaiyekan and co. laughs with the sultan while Northern Christians are been killed in their numbers. He Bishop Kukah even officiated in Gabriel Igbinedion's birth day some weeks back (How disgusting) and many Catholic Bishops were there singing the Igbinedion's praises to the high heavens.
I now believe that the Catholic Church, pulled out of CAN simply because they loss out of CAN leadership and for your information, Northern Christians will never ever vote for any Catholic or Othordox church leaders to head them ever again.
As a true Catholic, I am not happy with the way Nigerian Catholic Church is going about. The Catholic Church saved the world from the murderous jihardist through the crusaders, but what is happening now?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Lightening: 7:20am On Sep 20, 2014
OmoNwa: Why do I have this feeling that catholic bishops just want to be in the news this period of Ayo saga, the insurgency has been in the country for long, y are they more vocal now A friend once told me that they've never love the fact that non catholic is d CAN president. I doubted it then but now, I don't know what to believe again

Opinions in Nigeria are mostly done for selfish interest and not for d love of d country.

In other words,

1. They got wind of the CAN President's money laundering scandal.

2. They quickly convenened their Annual meeting (usually scheduled from the begining of the church annual calendar) to issue a statement to spite Pastor Ayo?

Okay. Supposing you are right, have you asked your CAN president why he is combining his pastoral work with money laundering? That is crux.

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by naptu2: 7:30am On Sep 20, 2014
Mynd44: I hope this is not to spite CAN else it will be very sad and pointless

Search for the statements of the Catholic Bishops Conference in the last 30 years. They've been issuing similar statements even during the military era, even when Cardinals Ekandem, Okogie and Onaiyekan were President of CAN (I.e 1986-2001).

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 20, 2014
brunofarad: Un easy lies the head that wears the crown,
GEJ is trying his best,let's support him and we should rather be more patient with him.
i doubt if u blv what u wrote. even wen som sponsors wher identified he has tacticaly turnd deaf ears.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by stfadaanthony(m): 7:31am On Sep 20, 2014
ar u hearing CBCN for d first time? use ur brain ad don't jst coment because others ar doing.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by litetias(m): 7:31am On Sep 20, 2014
It goes without saying that the first duty of the president as stipulated by the constitution is to safeguard the lives and property of the citizens. I think it's fair to say he has failed woefully at this. In this light he does not deserve a second term but hey, this is Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Hamazz1: 7:37am On Sep 20, 2014
GEJ is trying his best,let's support him and we should rather be more patient with him.
mr support is not gotten its earned whn all nigerians hear is 1 scandal after anothr in d offing.insecurity n bad governance go hnd in hnd jst lk peace n good governance let him be seen doing smthng abt whts happenin in ds country n nigerians wil roll out drums in his support irrespctve of ethnic regional religion or political affiliatn weather to riddicle d 50cent wanna b pastor or score cheap points let d falcon hear d falconer we mst nt trow awy both d baby n d bath water let religious bodies be seen as unbiased umpires nt an extension of a certain political party wt a sinister agenda let thm be seen callin a spade a spade n charging d govt 2 improve on its services to d populace....
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Demdem(m): 7:39am On Sep 20, 2014
brownlord: Damn all of them in that so called CNBC, with the kind of intolerance they practice they are worst than boko haram and other enemies of this country, A suppose religious group that won't allow someone else lead them, they pulled out of CAN because someone else Is the president and will return when a Catholic head it right? Why have they not pull out of catholic faith with the drug scandal rocking the Vatican city?

Bloody hypocrites

Brownfool it's not true they pulled out when a non catholic became president afterall Akinola was no catholic and they remained. Even when the bling bling fool became president, they were still members till it was clear to all and sundry that the bling bling gun merchant has an hidden agenda as against the tenets of the organisation itself.
Fool, stop distorting facts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by mrarranger: 7:47am On Sep 20, 2014

Bloody hypocrites

What is this one saying

Bloody hypocrites

What is this one saying

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by lakesider(m): 7:49am On Sep 20, 2014
we know,but his best is nt good at all
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by pro2010: 7:50am On Sep 20, 2014

Bloody hypocrites
So if you are a cleric you would allow some one like ORISABINGBING Lead your group?

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Temix(m): 7:51am On Sep 20, 2014
Freshpage: Something tells me that this catholic Bishop is jet trying to get public attention. Where has he been all dis years? Is it nw he get to know abt d killing by d insurgents? Bunch of hypocrite. From MONEY LAUNDRY to sentimental rubbish. Shame on CAN.

Can people quit sharing their ignorant views on nairaland, do a little bit of research before you type bullpoo here. The annual Bishops conference has been going onfoe several years now and this particular conference started since last week in warri before the jet saga, The Bishops are not picking on anyone, and for those that say they sit in their Ac rooms far from the suffering, I would have u know that some of those bishops have had parishes bombed and taken over by boko haramists in the northeast, their parishioners and family members have been slaughtered. Google is your friend guys, stop coming on nairaland to talk crap. Ok rant over

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by eaglechild: 7:51am On Sep 20, 2014
The government "should do more" is what the CBCN said.

Now interpreting it as "the government is not doing enough" may seem to have the same meaning but the latter is more brazen and confrontational.

Anyone who thinks this has anything to do with Ayo Orisejafor is a legendary dolt.

1 Like

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by theozobby(m): 8:11am On Sep 20, 2014
Now this is how to drop a statement.

The govt MUST do more.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by CharlieMaria(m): 8:12am On Sep 20, 2014
ResourceMan:

What is thetheleaderassumpta.com/2014/08/03/boko-haram-rosary-is-the-answer-bishop-of-maiduguri/ difference between what you wrote in support of the Catholic Church and what a third party did with pastor Oritshejafor's jet. I am always amazed that some people could be objective and defend what they want to defend, while using the same yardstick for criticizing and hating others.
I am a catholic , but the simple truth is that the Catholic shurch has failed in providing the needed leadership and protection for Nigerian Christians. During the Catholic/Other Orthodox Leadership of CAN, Nigerian christians were slaughtered by muslims for sport and fun and no strong condemnation from CAN.
Since Pastor Ayo Oritshejafor came on-board, he has vehemently opposed the jihardist and even threatened retaliation. Even the dreaded shekau has even made mention of CAN been a problem to them in many of his video.
Out of 63 Catholic Churches in Borno state, 60 have been destroyed and 0nly 3 left as at early this year. You made mention of the new leadership of CAN be more partisan, but you fail to mention the fact that Bishop Kukah of Sokoto diocese is the official clergyman of the FG, he officiates in all government functions and together with Archbishop Onaiyekan and co. laughs with the sultan while Northern Christians are been killed in their numbers. He Bishop Kukah even officiated in Gabriel Igbinedion's birth day some weeks back (How disgusting) and many Catholic Bishops were there singing the Igbinedion's praises to the high heavens.
I now believe that the Catholic Church, pulled out of CAN simply because they loss out of CAN leadership and for your information, Northern Christians will never ever vote for any Catholic or Othordox church leaders to head them ever again.
As a true Catholic, I am not happy with the way Nigerian Catholic Church is going about. The Catholic Church saved the world from the murderous jihardist through the crusaders, but what is happening now?
A Crusade has already been organised by the cbcn.
rexnewsonline.com/home/detail.php?id_ns=92
Also see bishop of Maiduguri's crusade:
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 20, 2014
I pity we xritians....
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by musaibnabdul(m): 8:14am On Sep 20, 2014
The are smuggling weapons for bh through CAN president and Isreali.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 20, 2014
What did Catholic priests say that was wrong? Did they even say anything related to CAN president ? Why are some members of national association of stupid and slowpoke, nairaland branch talking nonsense about their statement issued and relating it to CAN president issue? Can't you people just read between the lines and think with your brain for once? This is what Catholic and Anglican leaders have always been doing most of the time instead of others that contracts and sentiments have blocked their sense of reasonings. By the way I am stunk Mfm member and have nothing to do with Catholic but let us reason within lines instead of allowing sentiments to walk totally in our brains. so don't quote me and talk nonsense cos I won't reply u.

3 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by deletrue: 8:16am On Sep 20, 2014
If I may ask who the hell is this blind Bishop? Who offered him the rights to contribute to National issues when he is living together with the most indesciple youths, living in one of the most dirty cities in the country, one of the most undeveloped states in the country. How many times has he taking pains to talk to Uduaghan about the ever deteriorating roads? let him visit Niger Cat, sharing boundry with the more than three hundred fuel tanks park. Is this bishop not aware that it in this place where more than half of total country's revenue is derived? Is he saying that, a very popular and populated area like that should be given periority? He should tell the governor the suferrings of the over two million people living there. How many seminars has his church organised to turn the youths to become normal people? Is he not aware that it is only in Warri where the age zero to thirty are the senior people whereas the ages between thirty one to hundred are the junior ones? Is he too blind to notice that it is only in Warri where you find the most disrespectiful youths? Is this bishop to busy to notice the highiest degree of propaganda of the state governments over non-existing developments? This bishop should agree that it is those type of governors that is making people to hate pdp and its leadership. I lived there before I left no too long. Nonsense.
Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by johndwayy(m): 8:18am On Sep 20, 2014
ResourceMan:

What is the difference between what you wrote in support of the Catholic Church and what a third party did with pastor Oritshejafor's jet. I am always amazed that some people could be objective and defend what they want to defend, while using the same yardstick for criticizing and hating others.

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Nobody: 8:19am On Sep 20, 2014
Siddeek: I just pray dis man does'nt win by 2015 if nt, this killings might be all over the country. I hope that nigerians will do away with their sentiments by 2015 for the benefit of humanity.
and if he wins?

2 Likes

Re: FG not doing enough to prevent anarchy -Catholic bishops by Vikky014(f): 8:21am On Sep 20, 2014
haba!y r u dragging CAN into dis?are u now a christain?tot u r even a MOD?did u see any bitter statement inside?we xtains are special peopl we dnt kill eachoda abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Many Times Do They Collect Offerings In Your Place Of Worship? / The Error Of Daddy Freeze . / Giv God A Great Name From Yr Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.