Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:27 AM

Best Audio Media Player For Android - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Audio Media Player For Android (8593 Views)

Dolby Atmos : The Best Audio Equalizer / Good Music Player For Android / I Need Flash Player For Galaxy S3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by lanre316: 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
liljboy: you can also easily swap songs on playerpro and it alsohas a very good attractive interface unlike poweramp... I got both right now....

Lol. As attractive as this?..

Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by Defaramade(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
lanre316: I want to make a point before I exit this thread.

Ultimately, the individual choice will still prevail and no single app can satisfy everybody's need. But I personally give the crown to Poweramp and I will explain my reasons and try to clear some misunderstandings.

I am an audiophile and also a perfectionist. That is, I love music a lot and I pay attention to details. I have used ttpod, but I realised that it cannot bring out the bass and stereo effect I got accustomed to on my poweramp. Somebody was talking about lyrics. Well, I don't listen to songs to read lyrics. I listen to enjoy the clarity and superb sound output of songs. Besides, I have an app called lyrics grabber that displays lyrics to the song playing on my poweramp, that is, if want to.
Then I used, playerpro and jet audio, neutron, n7player. I must admit that they are solid apps any music lover will appreciate. They allow you to control your bass, treble, and several effects. I repeat THEY ARE ALL SOLIDLY GOOD FOR MUSIC LOVERS. But in my personal opinion, where poweramp stands out is the clarity and ease of control. Jet audio has great sound reproduction too but the controls are too complicated and the bass output is not as deep as I get on poweramp. Whenever I forced increase in bass, my headphones start producing a funny sound. Playerpro too is good. But like I said, different stroke for different folks. The sound output is less than perfect. The surround effects (stereo x) on poweramp beats playerpro.

Poweramp also allows you to sort music by folders. I know most music players has this feature. But I can more easily acces them than I am able to on other players.

Somebody complained that poweramp displays all audio file you don't want displayed on your phone. What you need to do is specify from which folders it should select audio files to display. By not specifying, it assumes all audio files on your phones are meant to be played.

One thing I also love on poweramp which I can't find anywhere else is ability to change from song to song by swiping left to right and changing categories by swiping up and down. Some players have the former but none has the latter.

There are many more benefits which I won't be able to list here for now.

In conclusion, all I've said are my personal reasons why I liked poweramp, and I didn't even mind paying for it, (though I can get full version without paying) Cos I know fully well the value I'm getting. Others may not see it the way I see it. And that's the beauty of Android - CHOICES. We have a plethora of choices to choose whichever app suits one best. We can't all love Toyota or Honda or Mazda the same way. But if I use and enjoy a particular car, I should be able to explain why I prefer it above others and that's simply what I just did.

Thanks and have a nice day y'all
We are in the same shoe bro, it's Poweramp or no music for me.

3 Likes

Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by Defaramade(m): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2014
lanre316:

I use this same theme with my PowerAmp too.

1 Like

Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by lanre316: 4:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
Defaramade: I use this same theme with my PowerAmp too.

Weldone, bro. It's a solid app for those who really appreciate quality music.

1 Like

Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by Defaramade(m): 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
lanre316:

Weldone, bro. It's a solid app for those who really appreciate quality music.
Yeso, it's only for those who want to listen to high quality music.

1 Like

Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by opyzy(m): 4:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
musixmatch and power amp d two are damn superb don't know which one to choose AS d best. so I decided to keep both on my phone....power amp loud wella while musixmatch bass Na die
Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by liljboy(m): 7:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
poweramp keeps telling me to purchase the app
Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by lanre316: 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2014
liljboy: poweramp keeps telling me to purchase the app

If you can't buy it from play store, there are ways to crack it to become premium using lucky patcher, assuming your phone is rooted. Check my earlier post on the first page for links on how to do this for yourself. Don't pay any maga money to anybody to do it for you.

1 Like

Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2014
So, u guyz haven't heard of MUSIXMATCH?...DATS D BEST
Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by liljboy(m): 10:11am On Sep 22, 2014
lanre316:

If you can't buy it from play store, there are ways to crack it to become premium using lucky patcher, assuming your phone is rooted. Check my earlier post on the first page for links on how to do this for yourself. Don't pay any maga money to anybody to do it for you.
much phone is rooted...... lemme check out the procedures sha...... which other great apps do you recommend on android
Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by liljboy(m): 10:13am On Sep 22, 2014
Mikkyboy10: So, u guyz haven't heard of MUSIXMATCH?...DATS D BEST
that piece of shit uses player pro interface.
Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by shogz89: 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2014
lanre316:

Please can you give me the link to the plugin required for lyrics on poweramp player
Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by lanre316: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
shogz89:
Please can you give me the link to the plugin required for lyrics on poweramp player

Just search for lyrics grabber on play store. It's not a plugin. It's an app on it's own and works with many music players. And it's totally free.

1 Like

Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by ojialo(m): 12:07am On Nov 14, 2014
my musixmatch don't show lyrics on background while I do otherthings like TTpod
Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by liljboy(m): 9:02am On Nov 14, 2014
ojialo:
my musixmatch don't show lyrics on background while I do otherthings like TTpod
you can check the settings na
Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by Floridax(m): 9:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
ttpod is also great,,,, my ttpod is already linked with my inbuilt Dirac HD sound,,,, which make the sounx quality perfect

Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by Floridax(m): 9:23pm On Jun 25, 2015
more sc

Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by Versal: 11:02am On Oct 23, 2022
Defaramade:
We are in the same shoe bro, it's Poweramp or no music for me.
Can your PowerAmp sort songs in the original way the artist intended: by track no?
Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by aieromon(m): 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2022
Versal:

Can your PowerAmp sort songs in the original way the artist intended: by track no?

Yes it does. You have the option of editing the tags for sorting purposes.
Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by Versal: 4:15pm On Jul 02, 2023
aieromon:

Yes it does. You have the option of editing the tags for sorting purposes.
It cannot
Re: Best Audio Media Player For Android by lanre316: 1:25pm On Dec 16, 2023
Versal:

It cannot

It can and I edit my music metadata all I want. You are the one who do not know how to use it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mtn Customer Care (180) / Playstation 1 Emulator For Symbian / Mtn Bis Works On Android.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.