Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,424 members, 7,800,898 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:45 AM

Man Wakeup After Car Crash Speaking Another Language. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Man Wakeup After Car Crash Speaking Another Language. (1107 Views)

Syrian Refugees Rescue German Neo-nazi Politician From Car Crash / This Happens Every Year In Colorado - Snow Car Crash / Osama Bin Laden's Family Members Die In Plane Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Wakeup After Car Crash Speaking Another Language. by jerk: 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ben McMahon was involved in an accident
that almost claimed his life and when he
woke up from a coma, all he could speak
was Mandarin. He remembers how on
waking up, he saw an Asian looking nurse
standing by his side and told her in Chinese
“Excuse me nurse, I feel really sore
here.” He then asked her to give him a pen
and paper and wrote in Mandarin, “I love
my mum, I love my dad, I will recover.”
His parents and doctors were baffled by his
newly found language skill. Doctors told his
parents that it would be a miracle if he
survived.
“ We got the call from the hospital and
[the hospital staff member] was saying
‘Oh Mark, look I just wanted to ring and
let you know that Ben's actually started
to come out of the coma’...and she
said, ‘I don’t know how to say
this...he's speaking Mandarin'," Mark,
Ben’s father told Channel 10’s, The Project
“Neither of us can speak Mandarin so
we just nodded but deep down quite
concerned about what’s going on.”
Ben had been taking Mandarin in school
but wasn't fluent at the language yet.
“I wasn't consciously thinking I was
speaking Mandarin, it was what just
came out and it was what was most
natural to me,” he said.
It took him about two to three days to recall
his English speaking skills. His new found
language has since brought him huge
opportunities. He now leads Chinese tours at
his hometown and hosts a Mandarin TV
program. He has also moved to Shanghai,
where he is studying commerce at the
University. He is grateful for being alive and
that he can speak a second language.
http://www.unbelievable-facts.com/2014/09/after-horrifying-car-crash-this.html?m=1
Re: Man Wakeup After Car Crash Speaking Another Language. by am0s(m): 10:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
accidental blessing

1 Like

Re: Man Wakeup After Car Crash Speaking Another Language. by Blakjewelry(m): 10:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
he got reprogrammed
Re: Man Wakeup After Car Crash Speaking Another Language. by niggereyez(f): 11:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
hmnn... someone had his "wernicke's area" formated... lol
this is a most interesting phenomenon. shocked
Re: Man Wakeup After Car Crash Speaking Another Language. by deeobserver209(m): 11:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
The challenges we face in life are actually blessings in disguise. There's always light at the end of the tunnel.
Nigeria shall come out of her present challenge speaking a different language (Peace and Prosperity) in the end.
Re: Man Wakeup After Car Crash Speaking Another Language. by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
Blakjewelry: he got reprogrammed
lmao! This is funny! cheesy
Re: Man Wakeup After Car Crash Speaking Another Language. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
A chinese ghost has possessed him grin
Re: Man Wakeup After Car Crash Speaking Another Language. by philantoxx(m): 3:50pm On Sep 24, 2014
got a new memory card
Re: Man Wakeup After Car Crash Speaking Another Language. by GreenandGold: 9:13am On Sep 25, 2014
He learned Mandarin so where is the fuss?

1 Like

Re: Man Wakeup After Car Crash Speaking Another Language. by TeamSimple(m): 3:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
That's Rebirth.

(1) (Reply)

Turkey's Erdogan: "Muslims Found Americas Before Columbus " / Buhari Replies Trump - "I Will Repatriate Every Single American In Nigeria" / President Trump Will Start Breaking Things With A Vengeance - Mary Trump Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.