Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,931 members, 7,799,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria (2368 Views)

Boko Haram: FG Acquires 12 Fighter Jets / Boko-Haram: FG Needs Amnesty From Us Not Contrary / Boko Haram: Fg May Engage Us Marines! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Kcinho(m): 7:56am On Sep 20, 2014
THE emerging scenario in the fight against
terror and the steps Nigeria’s government
has taken would have resulted in global
sensation during the cold war. The United
States would fight to keep their allies.
They would never easily lose any of their
allies to then Soviet Union as now
represented by Russia which has, although,
embraced free market economy.
Nigeria, for years, enjoyed close ties with the
West and was seen as a US ally. But the
seeming snub or nonchalant attitude
towards it by its traditional allies has
reportedly compelled Nigeria to turn to
Russia and China for the training of its
military as well as acquisition of military
hardware to fight Boko Haram insurgents.
Highly placed military and intelligence
sources in Abuja told Saturday Vanguard
that the decision to turn to the other two
world military powers was an interim
measure to roll back the military advances
made by the Boko Haram insurgents who
have gained some grounds in seizing and
controlling some towns and Villages in the
north eastern states of Borno and Adamawa.
Already, Nigerian security personnel from
the Army, Police, Department of State
Services (DSS) have been dispatched to
Russia for training as Special Forces to
combat the Boko Haram insurgents who are
mounting stiff challenge to the Nigerian
security services.
According to Saturday Vanguard
investigations, following the increasing
sophistication of the Boko Haram terrorists,
the Nigerian government approached
American and British governments to
procure arms for its armed forces in order to
effectively counter the insurgents but the
two western governments have continued to
dither, a situation that may have been
responsible for some of the gains recorded
by terrorists in recent times.
A senior security Source told Saturday
Vanguard: “the United States and Britain
appear unwilling to provide arms to our
armed forces. It is surprising because these
are two friendly countries to Nigeria which is
under threat from terrorists. We have no
option but to look somewhere else for our
needs pending when the issues are resolved
at the diplomatic level by our government.”
This remark underscored the current
lukewarm attitude of both countries to the
Federal Government. The USA had said that
it would not assist Nigeria with land forces
and would not also share intelligence with
the Nigerian military. Sources said that they
did not trust the Nigerian military which was
accused of lacking professionalism and
which also had moles within. But Nigeria
expected better assistance from USA, Britain
and the like. But their support has fallen
below expectation.
Saturday Vanguard gathered that one of the
options was to turn to Russia which has
always been willing to supply weapons and
some other logistics to Nigeria when other
western countries are not forthcoming. The
Nigeria Air force has several Russian fighter
jets in its fleet.
It was gathered that Nigeria has entered into
contract with Russian Arms manufacturers
for the supply of high calibre weapons to the
Nigerian Army to combat the insurgents in
the North east and has begun discussion
with the Israeli government on possible
supply of military hardware.
“When the Chief of Army staff said recently
that the Nigerian army would soon take
possession of weapons that would reverse
the trend in the North east, he was referring
to the deal between Nigeria and some
Russian arms manufacturers. We are also in
discussion with Israeli companies. We don’t
want to be held ransom by our traditional
allies. That is why we are expanding our
sources of supply,” the source said.
As part of the agreement between Nigeria
and Russia, a group of Nigerian security
personnel are already in Eastern Europe for
training as Special Forces with another
batch, made up of the Army, Police and DSS
billed to leave Nigeria next month to join the
other three batches that are already in
training.
President Jonathan recently, at the passing
out parade of cadets at the Nigerian Defence
Academy, said the armed forces would set
up a Special Forces Brigade to combat
terrorism in the country.

www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/boko-haram-fg-turns-russia-china-usa-uk-fail-nigeria/#sthash.gq64IVsY.dpuf

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 20, 2014
So how does buying arms worth $9.3million in South Africa come into the line?

Frankly speaking,I think that money was for laundering but the FG lied it was meant for buying arms in SA to protect the top shot who owned the money. Now the question is,who owns the money?

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Mogidi: 8:28am On Sep 20, 2014
^^^^^^Typical boko jweeed supporter, unhappy the fed govt is sourcing other avenues to procure arms for our military.

9 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 20, 2014
berem: So how does buying arms worth $9.3million in South Africa come into the line?

Frankly speaking,I think that money was for laundering but the FG lied it was meant for buying arms in SA to protect the top shot who owned the money. Now the question is,who owns the money?
do you know that you are an i.diot?

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by ayodeji752: 8:46am On Sep 20, 2014
berem: So how does buying arms worth $9.3million in South Africa come into the line?

u are an idiott. I hate ppl dat intensionally distract pple frm d topic being posted by d op. Do u know dat u hav successfully created anoda topic entirelly? Try and control d level of d hatred u hav for GEJ's administration cos it's now turnin u to a lunatic!

13 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by buzor(m): 8:47am On Sep 20, 2014
the FTC poster is A boko sponsor

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 20, 2014
Am beginning to believe the report about the US and Britain being sponsors of boko haram. Cos what BBC is reporting and there recent moves explains it all

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by F117A: 8:51am On Sep 20, 2014
Its good that we are learning our lessons.
I have always been annoyed by our unprofitable pro-western stance.
Looks like bokoharam is helping us to shed that toga.
We are finally aligning toward the east as we should have long ago.
After the war is won,we must arm ourselves like hell.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 20, 2014

Does it matter how the FG procures arms meant to decimate your boko haram friends? We know APC attack dogs will oppose such moves but what matters to every patriotic Nigerian at this time is GETTING THE JOB of defeating boko haram DONE

10 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 20, 2014
Mogidi: ^^^^^^Typical boko jweeed supporter, unhappy the fed govt is sourcing other avenues to procure arms for our military.
or to procure arms for Bokoharam tongue
Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by omenka(m): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2014
Story for Sango and Amadioha!! Still trying so hard to validate and legitimise the SA fiasco, but Nigerians refuse to be foooooled!! grin

Na today Russia and China begin dey exist?? Why weren't they approached since the "US embargo" took effect?? Mumu people wey think say people mumu.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2014

what do you know?is your father looking for his N1 naira?

8 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 20, 2014
thank God countries like Russia and China are there to sale to us. let me see when one African country go get problem we go come send our troops go there. na thunder go fire the united state of gay people.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 20, 2014
Good development! Time to deal with people who are ready to respect our mutual agreement! Not id**ts who want something in return.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 20, 2014

ask them oo. I know that they would attack you. This government has a lot of questions to answer!
Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 20, 2014
The issues involved in the situation of US not granting sophisticated help to Nigerians IMHO may include :

1. Whether US does not want such gadgets to be used by our Armies cuz of Loyalty issues where some certain powerful Nigerian cabals will deploy such gadgets to their ''region'' and use it to wreck more havoc on Nigeria(ns) !!

2. US would prefer American soldiers to be deployed to BH den alongisde Nigerian soldiers but due to sovereignty and spying issues grin ... Nigeria will not allow that !

3. Maybe US is baiting Nigeria Government in working with China/Russia , I pray Nigeria would never be the ground to test might of superpowers and cold war , amen !!!

4. US is involved in BH and do not want it to end too soon !!

My own Opinion is that, West do not trust the administration of Jonathan to holistically fight insurgency with US deployed Sophisticated Military Hardware cuz before you realise it MEND/MASSOB may have it all!

Also, I think there is International Policy against deploying sophisticated gadgets to Africa nations cuz ''they'' think such can be easily used against the citizens where there is any protest or Uprising !!!

IMHO ooooo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 20, 2014

You're an Animal. A fat dirty ugly animal. "Is this the only thing you motor-park brain has to contribute?". Stup1d idiiot.

Let me educate your illiterate brain. South-Africa is currently holding Africa Aerospace and Defence expo (AAD), it is a premier defence expo, with suppliers and contractors from across the globe attending. So the money could have been meant for defence related contracts.

Besides, there are many countries including mauritius and the caribbean islands were funds can be quietly laundered to, unlike south-africa which operates an open banking system.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 20, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Does it matter how the FG procures arms meant to decimate your boko haram friends? We APC attack dogs to oppose such moves but what matters to every patriotic Nigerian at this time is GETTING THE JOB of defeating boko haram DONE
It is a shame that the whole Of Nigeria, deemed giant of Africa under GEJ's administration will go through unconventional channel in securing weapons, belonging to public and not private citizens, to defeat Bokoharam !!!

Weak C-in-C and Chiefs , I think Berem is right , there could be some fishyfishy regarding that .... Anybody can say anything to protect integrity when cornered :

even ''I don't give a damn'' is a statement of defence !! grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by F117A: 9:21am On Sep 20, 2014
omenka: Story for Sango and Amadioha!! Still trying so hard to validate and legitimise the SA fiasco, but Nigerians refuse to be foooooled!! grin

Na today Russia and China begin dey exist?? Why weren't they approached since the "US embargo" took effect?? Mumu people wey think say people mumu.
Yes the SA fiasco sounds. fishy,but that still does not change the fact that the west is fuccking us in the as$ .
I gave the govt the benefit of doubt.

7 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by F117A: 9:28am On Sep 20, 2014
donroxy: The issues involved in the situation of US not granting sophisticated help to Nigerians IMHO may include :

1. Whether US does not want such gadgets to be used by our Armies cuz of Loyalty issues where some certain powerful Nigerian cabals will deploy such gadgets to their ''region'' and use it to wreck more havoc on Nigeria(ns) !!

2. US would prefer American soldiers to be deployed to BH den alongisde Nigerian soldiers but due to sovereignty and spying issues grin ... Nigeria will not allow that !

3. Maybe US is baiting Nigeria Government in working with China/Russia , I pray Nigeria would never be the ground to test might of superpowers and cold war , amen !!!

My own Opinion is that, West do not trust the administration of Jonathan to holistically fight insurgency with US deployed Sophisticated Military Hardware cuz before you realise it MEND/MASSOB may have it all!

Also, I think there is International Policy against deploying sophisticated gadgets to Africa nations cuz ''they'' think such can be easily used against the citizens where there is any protest or Uprising !!!

IMHO ooooo cheesy
I dont think it is because of GEJ.
Even under OBJ we hardly bought any sophisticated weapon from the west.
Nigeria is facing a dangerous insurgency and the west keep letting their bullshit get in the way.
It shows how much they value us.
The middle-eastern countries like the UAE and saudi arabia are notorious for human right abuse,yet they get any western hardware they want.

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Omen100(m): 9:29am On Sep 20, 2014

Dearest Berem, you have said it n please ignore those association members of douche bags, lead by mogidi himself their leader.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by texaco1: 9:47am On Sep 20, 2014
donroxy: The issues involved in the situation of US not granting sophisticated help to Nigerians IMHO may include :

IMHO ooooo cheesy
your comment is an intelligent one , but please let's erase the issue of the west being behind boko haram . But the main reason why the americans and uk are reluctant to sell arms to nigeria is because they don't trust our military guys . Please don't forget that they even said it that they won't share intelligence reports with our military because it is a known fact that many of our military men are boko sympathisers and moles ,even at a time some high ranking officers were court marshalled for suppoorting bh,even nigerians know that the army efforts is been sabotaged by some of the officers. Gej himself made it know publicly that boko haram members are in his goverment,now please how can the usa sell arms to a country like that?doont forget that there have been serious cases of missing weapons in the nigerian army ,most of the weapons been used by boko are nigeria army weapons . Boko haram is also in close relationship with al shabaab and al queda and other terrorist groups in north africa ,if the us sells nigeria those weapons and it eventually gets into the wrong hands who will take the blame ?I am sure many will then be saying that the usa is arming boko haram . What gej should do is the clean and weed his own army of boko haram elements and this will encourage the west to support nigeria fully.

5 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by talktimi(m): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2014
Its about that time though sadists will still be sad
Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by talktimi(m): 9:54am On Sep 20, 2014
donroxy: See, the West has interests to protect in Southern Nigeria and they are no foo:ls .... Give you Military Hardware that will defeat BH but Equip MEND and destroy flow of Oil grin ......... grin grin ..... These dudes in West aint Nigerian leaders ooo !!

Saudi Goverment till tomorrow is a loyalist of the West and that is why most Islamic Nations (anti-west) destate Saudi-Arabia possibly ... Infact , I think US MUST Protect Saudi, they should have a pact to that !!

West will help if we allowed them in and they will be the ones to account for their Arsenal but 70% of Nigerian Sovereignty will be gone within 3months of US boys on our soil .... Nigeria won't allow that !!!

Even China/Russia will not supply us sophisticated weapons , trust me ... West have their ways of diplomatically stopping such proceed , it is all about threat of Interest !!!

Nigeria should start looking inward the same way Biafran Army did .... We should stop giving the security of our nation to another nation ...... Nigeria Govt should stop stealing money to develop military hardware and using such to build mansions, laundering money abroad and the most useless who:re in Nigeria rides the best SUVs and Houses as far as she fuc:ks Political Government Office Holder

When it boils down , BH will destroy all their wealth !!!

Nigeria Govt should respect their citizens and that is the only way to win terrorism and insurgency !!
pls when giving examples, kindly omit MEND that you people keep talking about.

Thank you
Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2014
texaco1: What gej should do is the clean and weed his own army of boko haram elements and this will encourage the west to support nigeria fully.
Is he everly ready to do that ....

BH is a sophisticated web , The north used it, the south used it , International terrorist cell used it and hmmm (make I shut up ooo) !!
Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by engrsyer(m): 10:00am On Sep 20, 2014
Sincerely speaking, US is afraid of Nigeria becoming a world power too or a threat to US just as China is now to them of overtaking the US. So to stop that future change of hands(power) they must disintegrate Nigeria just as they broke the USSR into smaller units(countries). In Africa, the US govt see Nigeria as a threat to them then in Asia, China to them which were third world continents before now. So it must be true that the the US/UK are neglecting Nigeria. You should ask your selves on why is it dat it is only France calling for security meetings within Nigeria, Chad, Niger, Cameroun to join and end this BH stuff and not been called by the UK who were our colonial masters and possibly USA as one of our closest allies? It is time we take a bold stand with the Russia and China and stop being indifferent when it comes to international issues. That's my stake. God bless Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Mogidi: 10:01am On Sep 20, 2014
[s]

IMHO ooooo cheesy
[/s]

In your rant above, you didn't opine the weapons could fall into the hands of boko haram. You conveniently called out MEND and MASSOB, your boko credentials have been noted.

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2014

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 20, 2014
Mogidi: [s][/s]

In your rant above, you didn't opine the weapons could fall into the hands of boko haram. You conveniently called out MEND and MASSOB, your boko credentials have been noted.
sharrap , you clandestine boko loyalist ... Thief .... I told ya the obvious !! grin

How would sophisticated military gadgets fall into hands of terrorists , if it is not given to them through backyard channels !!!

The same backyard channels they wanted to use to buy them tongue

Thunder blow ya nyansh there tongue
Re: Boko Haram: Fg Turns To Russia, China Asusa, Uk Fail Nigeria by o42austino(m): 10:07am On Sep 20, 2014
Good move FG, to Hell with d west.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Jonathan Live In Benin..(pics). / Jonathan's Government Corrupt And Incompetent: Newyork Times - Opinion / Obama Drone Strikes In Yemen were never Targeting Al Qaeda!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.