Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe (7258 Views)

Photo: Meet The Woman That Rejected President Buhari's Appointment / Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) / See Photos Of The Thisday Journalist That Boko Haram Threatened To Kill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 8:53am On Sep 20, 2014
Ekwensu Abia Church grin grin grin

Bribe Inside Church??

1 Share

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 8:55am On Sep 20, 2014
Nicholas Ibekwe

Nicholas is a Nigerian born in the slums of Maroko (now demolished) in Lagos. He is the ninth child in a family of eleven siblings. Competing for his parents attention with ten other siblings will have a profound effect on his personality. This has made him very competitive. He obtained his first degree in English language from the Lagos State University, Ojo.

Nicholas started his journalism career in 2008 with NEXT Newspapers (www.234next.com).  He has won several awards and recognitions in investigative reporting. In 2009 Nicholas won the online category of the Wole Soyinka Award for Investigative Reporters with the story on the proliferation of hired armies in the troubled Niger-Delta Region of Nigeria. He was also commended in the Prestigious MultiChoice/CNN African Journalists of the Year Award in the same year. In 2010, he emerged runner-up in the Wole Soyinka Award for Investigative Reporters. He was also a finalist in the biggest award for investigative reporters in Africa- The Fair (Forum for African Investigative Reporters) Awards in 2010 and 2011.

Nicholas is a 2011/2012 Chevening Scholar. He presently studies MA International Journalism at City University, London.

Nicholas is passionate about investigative reporting and revealing the excesses of government officials, organisations and individuals. He is also an all-rounded reporter who had worked as a court reporter, written sports stories and an excellent reviewer and feature writer.

He is a ‘Street Poet” some of his work could be read at:      and an avid lover of Hip Hop music.

I can be contacted on nicholasibekwe@gmail.com.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nicholasibekwe

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by iswell1(m): 8:57am On Sep 20, 2014
stop lie.
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 20, 2014
Y are u telling us, d bribe is for what?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by RockMaxi: 9:06am On Sep 20, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin...Join me if you like.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 9:08am On Sep 20, 2014
RockMaxi: grin grin grin grin grin grin...Join me if you like.

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 9:10am On Sep 20, 2014
iswell1: stop lie.

Mumu!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 9:18am On Sep 20, 2014
I'm not sorry to say that that Nicholas Ibekwe is a fool. What is the #50k bribe for, if he cannot say let him shut his dirty hole he calls a mouth.

20 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by PassingShot(m): 9:18am On Sep 20, 2014
Evil is thriving in Nigeria because those who should know better and do something are either silent or supporting it.

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke

"Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better, the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph." - Haile Selassie I

But they should also remember that:

“No evil deed can go unpunished. Any evil done by man to man will be redressed, if not now, then certainly later; if not by man, then certainly by God, for the victory of evil over good can only be temporary” - Dele Giwa

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 9:25am On Sep 20, 2014
McWhillion: I'm not sorry to say that that Nicholas Ibekwe is a fool. What is the #50k bribe for, if he cannot say let him shut his dirty hole he calls a mouth.

Did you view the snap shot attached?

4 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by PassingShot(m): 9:31am On Sep 20, 2014
McWhillion: I'm not sorry to say that that Nicholas Ibekwe is a fool. What is the #50k bribe for, if he cannot say let him shut his dirty hole he calls a mouth.

You asking what the 50k bribe for?

OK, to assist you it cannot be more than to "be friendly" in reporting the massacre that happened. To dig less (or better not to dig at all), the root cause of the incident. And not to expose the shady deals going on in that place.

13 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 9:31am On Sep 20, 2014
Fashola disappointed me heavily in the manner the collapse building is being handled?

I am beginning to hate him and what he stands for? Imagine if it were to be one mushroom church or a poor man's building, the premise would have long been sealed! angry angry

4 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 9:33am On Sep 20, 2014
1United1:

Did you view the snap shot attached?
And what could possibly be in the snapshots that I am not seeing? What he said is what is already in the media, so what bribe is he talking about?

3 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 9:34am On Sep 20, 2014
I am staunch supporter of APC, and I rate Fashola highly but his hypocrisy in handling the disaster @synagogue is making me believe no much difference between APC and PDP!

9 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 9:36am On Sep 20, 2014
By ordering his goons to attack first responders and keeping them off the site for 51 hours, TB Joshua should be charged for murder.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 9:39am On Sep 20, 2014
PDP & APC are inherently the same. Jonathan plays politics with people's lives. Fashola is doing the same. Why can't Lagos do what is right?

1 Like

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 9:40am On Sep 20, 2014
PassingShot:

OK, to assist you it cannot be more than to "be friendly" in reporting the massacre that happened. To dig less (or better not to dig at all), the root cause of the incident. And not to expose the shady deals going on in that place.
Bro, there is nothing new that he's reporting, we've heard all the stories. The guy is just making a weak attempt to achieve cheap publicity, tell me something about all what he said that you've not known already. If you notice the whole write up states all his career achievements so far, that's cheap publicity.

7 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by OneNaira6: 9:42am On Sep 20, 2014
So even their pastors are corrupt? Hian. What a useless country

3 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by rusher14: 9:45am On Sep 20, 2014
1United1: Fashola disappointed me heavily in the manner the collapse building is being handled?

I am beginning to hate him and what he stands for? Imagine if it were to be one mushroom church or a poor man's building, the premise would have long been sealed! angry angry

I feel you.

I do think there needs to be some restraint from the Governor as a person being of different religious leaning himself.

One has to be careful not to turn this situation into a religious war.

However, I believe in due time the prophet/clairvoyant/Hotelier would be charged to court.

Scores are dead so I trust it would not be swept under the carpet.

I do hope the place as been sealed off to prevent any evidence being compromised.

Pictures and documents should already have been taken.

Also, it would be wise of the MOG to avoid making any public announcements concerning the case once charged.

1 Like

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 9:46am On Sep 20, 2014
McWhillion: Bro, there is nothing new that he's reporting, we've heard all the stories. The guy is just making a weak attempt to achieve cheap publicity, tell me something about all what he said that you've not known already. If you notice the whole write up states all his career achievements so far, that's cheap publicity.

You getting it wrong bros, he only tweeted what he experienced on Sunday! I was the person that highlighted his career history for those who may not know him!

4 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 9:52am On Sep 20, 2014
rusher14:

I feel you.

I do think there needs to be some restraint from the Governor has a person being of different religious leaning himself.

One has to be careful not to turn this situation into a religious war.

However, I believe in due time the prophet/clairvoyant/Hotelier would be charged to court.

Scores are dead so I trust it would not be swept under the carpet.

I do hope the place as been sealed off to prevent any evidence being compromised.

Pictures and documents should already have been taken.

Also, it would be wise of the MOG to avoid making any public announcements concerning the case once charged.

I understand dear, but the Fashola I know, has many ways sending strong messages without courting controversies, if he chooses to. But to visit the site without even condoling with the bereaved families but chose to have a closed door meeting with TB Joshua smacks off playing politics with people's life! Smh!

2 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by omenka(m): 9:56am On Sep 20, 2014
I'm sorry to say, but I think you are the fool here, and Nicholas, a brave young man. Why were journalist given monies?? Are they under the payroll of the "Prophet" Your question should be directed at the murderer TB Joshua.

8 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 10:00am On Sep 20, 2014
1United1:

You getting it wrong bros, he only tweeted what he experienced on Sunday! I was the person that highlighted his career history for those who may not know him!
and why are you trying to popularize him, he doesn't deserve it. Let him shut his trap and stop painting what his already black blacker. Those that accepted the 50k still reported what they found, so what the heck is his problem?

1 Like

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by free2ryhme: 10:02am On Sep 20, 2014
it is a shame

if this is true
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 10:03am On Sep 20, 2014
McWhillion: and why are you trying to popularize him, he doesn't deserve it. Let him shut his trap and stop painting what his already black blacker. Those that accepted the 50k still reported what they found, so what the heck is his problem?

And how did they report it? The same way NTA reported the missing 20Billion dollars??
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 10:04am On Sep 20, 2014
omenka: I'm sorry to say, but I think you are the fool her, and Nicholas, a brave young man. Why were journalist given monies?? Are they under the payroll of the "Prophet" Your question should be directed at the murderer TB Joshua.
If I am a fool, then you're a buffoon. Those that accepted his 50k still reported reputation-damaging journalism. They did not see his money as bribe, but Nicholas is the self righteous wannabe patriot who is crying wolf for all the wrong reasons
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by scribble: 10:06am On Sep 20, 2014
Fashola is a charlatan
Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2014
1United1:

And how did they report it? The same way NTA reported the missing 20Billion dollars??
Bro there are so many articles on the net already condemning T.B Joshua on why he should add storeys to a foundation that can't support such a load. Nicholas is not a sheep amidst lions. He should spare us the "I am the only journalist who didn't accept the bribe" mantra.

2 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by Exmay(m): 10:10am On Sep 20, 2014
Can this young man list out the names of the reporters he witnessed collecting bribe alongside the organisations they are working for...

2 Likes

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by 1United1: 10:11am On Sep 20, 2014
McWhillion: If I am a fool, then you're a buffoon. [b]Those that accepted his 50k still reported reputation-damaging journalism. [/b]They did not see his money as bribe, but Nicholas is the self righteous wannabe patriot who is crying wolf for all the wrong reasons

You are really a pathetic fool!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by aderonila18: 10:15am On Sep 20, 2014
PassingShot:

I don't blame Fashola, it's not because it's a big Church I think it because it a Church and you know how Nigerians are with Religion. There's a thread on Nairaland saying how Fashola and APC want to Islamise Nigeria because of the way the synagogue issue has been handled. According to the poster Fashola should be busying looking for the so called plane and not investigating the Church!

Imagine o, wetin be APC's business with plane or Synagogue but you see the average Nigerian doesn't reason when it comes to Religion. If Fashola handles this case the way it should be they will label him a jihadist. Even GEJ knows that if he dosen't thread careful the man will tell his people he is an Anti-Christ. Nigerians themselves are the problems, we allow these people to use us once they bring up these silly religious or tribal sentiments.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe by McWhillion(m): 10:16am On Sep 20, 2014
1United1:

You are really a pathetic fool!
Sire, if you start this train of abuses you'll leave here with a bruised ego. If there is no reasonable way you can convey your message without being insultive, its better you shut the hell up otherwise you're welcome to the abuse challenge.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Behold PMB 21 Ministerial Nominee / Senate Urges Buhari To Intensify Effort On Chibok Girls Rescue / BREAKING NEWS: Jubilation As Germany Officially Recognizes Biafra Nation [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.